Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says (51247 Views)

MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends / Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says / Nigeria Can Generate 12,000 MW Of Electricity — Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Trunquejnr(m): 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
FASHOLA is officially m a d
Epic
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Tunmich: 3:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
jneutron4000:
what incompetency are you talking about Na him body or fluid for him body him go use generate power?

Cant u just use ur brain in a day out of 365 days? Did Fashola say it or not? Mtcheeeew
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Tiffbuxas: 3:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
koladebrainiac:

Yea now
If they were ever serious they would have fixed it .
But they destroyed more than how they met it. Now they expect Fashola to fix it in 6years.

Didnt you read the news
There were contracts that were not properly signed,legal issues and money not being paid to previous contractors. So how do u expect him to come n fix it in 6months?

PDP had the chances to fix it in 6months. They always promised us December then with huge budget allocation for power sector.
What did we have? They left the sector decayed,privatized it and continue corrupting the sector. After they want Donald Trump abi one sango to come and fix it in 6months.

If they were serious,they would have fixed it .
in other words you're saying that fashola is not serious

2 Likes

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by StOla: 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
tripoli007:

If we continue with this type of mentality, we have a far long way to go .. When there are capable professors and PhD degree holders in engineering and science related field ..fashola will continue to fumble ...

What have the professors or PHd holders done so far at the ministry of Health and Education?

Let the professors and PHd holders stay in the universities and do their jobs there.

World over, the best economies do not use Professors and PHd holders as ministers. So why should Nigeria persist with a useless trend?

World over they employ seasoned administrators with experience in senior management to man the various government portfolios.

3 Likes

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by StOla: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
cbrass:

Wait if I get your point, you are trying to tell me ministers are of no use to the nation and it's people but just to warm the stools and for political reasons alone? undecided

When you understand why a CEO of Pepsi could become the CEO of Apple, then you would understand why anyone who has experience as a manager or administrator can handle any ministry except Attorney General.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by dabossman(m): 3:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
I wonder how many even as much as did a Google search for the book he recommended before going on their usual tribal and politically motivated rants. That's the first thing I did before even reading comments. Found a downloadable copy online.

And for those arguing about qualifications, pray tell what degree or professional qualifications do you require to be a Governor or President? A degree in government?

wellmax:
Its a pity that youth will try to mock the man while ignoring he message he's passing.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 4:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
Check out the Education profiles of the Energy Ministers
in
Brazil,
Japan
India,
France ,
Germany,
United Kingdom and
South Korea. NONE of the is an Engineer.In fact they do not have a science background.
In Russia he is an ECONOMIST

In fact the most common qualification seems to be a degree in Economics

Can someone please exlain what degree you need to become the next Dangote.??

Any University degree even in religious studies is good enough. Ultimately what is required to be a Minister is political and administrative experience. Ministers are not technocrats that is NOT their job

2 Likes

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
And how is it the work of an Engineer? Why is a Teacher good enough in Germany, a lawyer in France,
A graduate of international relations in Japan and an economics graduate in the UK , Economics graduate in South Korea
In India he is a lawyer and also a qualified accountant

Are we to believe these countries are short of engineers
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by dabossman(m): 4:10pm On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

When you understand why a CEO of Pepsi could become the CEO of Apple, then you would understand why anyone who has experience as a manager or administrator can handle any ministry except Attorney General.

I guess you are yet to realize that some people on Nairaland choose to be ignorant just to make their biased points.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 4:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
Guess What I just checked.
The Chinese Energy Commission is head by .............

an Economist they too, must be short of Engineers
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by nijascammers: 4:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
DelGardo:
Why is this man paining wailers like this? grin
or ipod yoots,flat headed fake jews.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
In South Africa she holds a degree in English and History let me check Italy they might have an Engineer
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
In Australia He has a degree in International Relations.What is going on

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 4:29pm On Nov 27, 2016
Surely they have no engineers in Canada because they appointed a Journalist/Musician

What is going on. Still looking for an Engineer Energy Minister.

Ok let us try Mexico and Argentina

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
News Just in from Italy ,HE IS A LAWYER

2 Likes

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
News from Mexico.............He is a lawyer.This is getting boring

2 Likes

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Standing5(m): 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
And how is it the work of an Engineer? Why is a Teacher good enough in Germany, a lawyer in France,
A graduate of international relations in Japan and an economics graduate in the UK , Economics graduate in South Korea
In India he is a lawyer and also a qualified accountant

Are we to believe these countries are short of engineers
The problem with giving Power ministry to a lawyer is that you never know what you are missing. Fashola will sure strive to acheive the little he can and as usual celebrate it wildly via propaganda.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by MrTolu(m): 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
News from Mexico.............He is a lawyer.This is getting boring

Bro just leave them let them keep up with the ignorance. They're still gonna say Mr Fashola isn't qualified as Minister of Power because he is a lawyer. I've sighted the example of UK and other developed countries I don tire
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 5:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
MrTolu:

Bro just leave them let them keep up with the ignorance. They're still gonna say Mr Fashola isn't qualified as Minister of Power because he is a lawyer. I've sighted the example of UK and other developed countries I don tire

To be fair I am not a Fashola supporter and I am not saying whether he has done well or not but his being a lawyer does not disqualify him ant it is important to debunk that illiterate notion. In the top economies of the world the Energy Ministers are very commonly lawyers .In fact if you want to be a minister then you stand a better chance if you do not have a science or technology degree

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
Standing5:
The problem with giving Power ministry to a lawyer is that you never know what you are missing. Fashola will sure strive to acheive the little he can and as usual celebrate it wildly via propaganda.
This is childish talk. What does this mean?I am not a Fashola supporter .If he fails he fails being a lawyer is irrelevant
I just gave the examples of virtually all the important economies and several of them have lawyers,The US currently do not have a lawyer but they have had. A ministerial job is a political job not a technical one. In most of Europe you cannot be a Minister if you are not elected as a legislator(MP) first . People elect people to represent them and not to do technical jobs.The Minister is there to represent the President who was elected and the Cabinet could be shuffled at any time meaning all Ministers should be capable of managing all ministries and that is how it works
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by eddywisdom: 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
when will we get over dis 16yrs of PDP spoilt this or dat . this is why we are not going forward as a nation, our leaders should b held responsible for wat the say at all times. btw, wen was negeria a better country?
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omohayek: 5:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
omonnakoda:

To be fair I am not a Fashola supporter and I am not saying whether he has done well or not but his being a lawyer does not disqualify him ant it is important to debunk that illiterate notion. In the top economies of the world the Energy Ministers are very commonly lawyers .In fact if you want to be a minister then you stand a better chance if you do not have a science or technology degree

Disregarding the commenters who just want to say something negative for barely disguised ethnocentric reasons, the insistence by so many on here that Fashola can't be up to the job because of his background only shows how little these critics understand of what ails Nigeria's power sector: an insistence on government control of a transmission network said government isn't willing (or able) to actually invest in, and a consistent unwillingness to pay a reasonable price for the power being used at all levels of Nigerian society, from retail consumers right up to Federal ministries, the armed forces, etc. This reality will tend to evade engineering types who lack the sort of understanding of economics and politics that Fashola, being a former corporate lawyer, actually does possess.

Until the Nigerian government sells off TCN, pays its own debts to the GENCOs/DISCOs, and frees them to set true market rates for the power they supply, the country's power problems will never be solved. The question is whether Buhari and the NASS have the political will to pass such policies, given the likelihood of a mass backlash and upcoming 2019 elections. Replacing Fashola with even the head of electrical engineering at MIT won't do a single thing to change these political realities.

2 Likes

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by wayne4loan: 5:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
gringrin oduduwa the sky-diver vs sango the generator-godgringrin

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by logicab: 5:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
omonnakoda:

I think what we need to research is the background of Energy Ministers at the time these top economies were just setting out in establishing their energy infrastructure. It is easy to maintain a ministry (as an administrator) once everything is in place; but first putting things (which is where we are at present) in place appears to require a technocrat. It is likely you have more economists as Energy Ministers because their roles have more to do with cutting down costs of operation and running a financially efficient operation. We are not quite there yet.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Standing5(m): 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
This is childish talk. What does this mean?I am not a Fashola supporter .If he fails he fails being a lawyer is irrelevant
I just gave the examples of virtually all the important economies and several of them have lawyers,The US currently do not have a lawyer but they have had. A ministerial job is a political job not a technical one. In most of Europe you cannot be a Minister if you are not elected as a legislator(MP) first . People elect people to represent them and not to do technical jobs.The Minister is there to represent the President who was elected and the Cabinet could be shuffled at any time meaning all Ministers should be capable of managing all ministries and that is how it works
Fashola remains a misfit in power.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by ReubenE(m): 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2016
2dugged:
exactly, we are quick to fight and kill to defend a so called God who is supposed to be Almighty, even in this recession instead of critical thinking and figuring out how to get our of it, some people will rather call on God in whatever form they choose
That is religion for us over here.
Africans generally and Nigerians in particular are slaves to religion....not all though.

Some even abandon their parents and love ones because they had a bad dream.
People now pray for God to show to them whom to marry, which trade to do, who to talk to and whom not to talk to etc the list is endless.

Not too long ago, a friend told me that he had a nightmare where someone was manipulating him. When he woke up in the morning, his aunt was the first person he met and she queried him about his night (out of love I guess). He therefore concluded that she is the one responsible, and even told here that he'll no longer eat her food.

With the type of religion practiced in Nigeria, everyone other than ourselves are suspects.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by logicab: 5:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
omohayek:

Until the Nigerian government sells off TCN, pays its own debts to the GENCOs/DISCOs, and frees them to set true market rates for the power they supply, the country's power problems will never be solved. The question is whether Buhari and the NASS have the political will to pass such policies, given the likelihood of a mass backlash and upcoming 2019 elections. Replacing Fashola with even the head of electrical engineering at MIT won't do a single thing to change these political realities.
Correct. More pertinent is, trash all this "National Grid" nonsense. Once every state (or even Local Government) is free to generate and sell power to locals, then we are good to go.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
Standing5:
Fashola remains a misfit in power.
Possibly. I don't like him myself but lawyers can make very good energy ministers
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Abillsable: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
veekid:
How can a lawyer do the work of an engineer?

Buhari sef
You need to travel out of Nigeria and see how the world works.He is not appointed to do the work of an engineer ,he is rather appointed to manage,administer and oversee the works of the engineers in order to track and generate efficiency.Most Wall Street handlers in America are not even business or finance majors,most echelons of construction companies are not civil engineers,same with oil companies ,they are not always chemical engineers or petroleum engineers,they are nurtured and experienced MANAGERS.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by veekid(m): 5:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
Abillsable:

You need to travel out of Nigeria and see how the world works.He is not appointed to do the work of an engineer ,he is rather appointed to manage,administer and oversee the works of the engineers in order to track and generate efficiency.Most Wall Street handlers in America are not even business or finance majors,most echelons of construction companies are not civil engineers,same with oil companies ,they are not always chemical engineers or petroleum engineers,they are nurtured and experienced MANAGERS.

Another Fulani mentality
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 5:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
logicab:
but first putting things (which is where we are at present) in place appears to require a technocrat.
Do you have evidence for this??
You are just saying what you would like to be true

How did we put in place what we already have today

The late Mohammed Hassan from Gombe was the Minister of Mines and Power under Shagari when the Egbin thermal Station was built .He was not an Engineer.

That plant is the largest generating plant in the country

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by neyobills: 5:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
omonnakoda:

You sound clever by half and your hypocrisy stinks to high heaven,all this countries you have mentioned so far already have stable electricity so they can afford to appoint a dog to manage the affairs,you keep blaming Jonathan for not fixing the power sector,If Buhari your messiah has done that while he was the military HOS,or the price of crude oil and the Avengers stopped him that time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Aminu Abdulsalam Visits His Hometown, Welcomed By Kwankwasiyya Members (Photos) / AIT Deletes Online Poll As Peter Obi Leads By 82% / 'Revolution Now' Organizers Release 'Rules Of Engagement' For Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.