Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Love Really Is Strange - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Really Is Strange (109163 Views)

15 Strange And Scary Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know / The Strange Woman In My Matrimonial Bed / Nairaland Book Of The Month- Strange Encounters By Akposb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Really Is Strange by ftosino(m): 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2017
Lilyjoe567:
Wow, that was a long update
P.s thanks for the love guys
am following you till da end lovely updat (winks)
Re: Love Really Is Strange by ftosino(m): 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2017
Where rre u na
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2017
Standing alone in a crowded atmosphere and six glasses after, I was pretty convinced there are many twins in the building or I just might be a bit tipsy and seeing double

Henry and Princess left me to go socialize with friends, and Evans was busy talking to a lady( who is very beautiful I gotta admit) who in turn was laughing like what he said is the funniest thing she has ever heard. Frustrated I turned to drinking about anything been passed to me. I was about gulping down my seventh glass when Evans took it from me and downed it in one go

Me: heyyyyyyy (I slurred) I was gonna drink that (I giggled)

Evans: you're drunk

Me: no I'm not. Okay maybe a little bit tipsy

I giggled even more and tried moving, but tripped and was about hiting the ground face down when he grabbed me and stood me up straight

Henry and Princess saw us walked towards us

Princess: Is she okay?

Evans: she's drunk

Henry: we need to get her home then

Evans: right

They spoke ignoring my protests about not leaving

Me: hey! I'm right here!!

Stephanie approached us later on.

“heyyyyy" (I slurred and ran to hug her

Me: that was a beautiful show, the dresses where amazing, the models were beautiful, the place is nice and you're beautiful ( I finished giggling)

Stephanie: okay? (she turned to the group) what's wrong with her?

Princess: she's drunk and she needs to go home

Me: no, I'm not going without Mimi, where is she? (I turned to look around)

Stephanie: she already left, said she was really tired

Me: ohhhhhhh(i slurred)

Evans: come on i'll take you home

He turned to the group, they nodded and he led me outside to his car

Minutes into the ride, I felt my stomach churn and I felt nauseous

Me: Evans, (he turned to me then back on the road) I feel queasy, I think I'm gonna......

I stopped to cover my mouth with my palm making a gag sound. Evans parked on the side of the road immediately and I jumped out of the car, emptying the contents of my stomach

I got up from my bent position minutes later and Evans handed me a handkerchief

“Thanks” I wiped my mouth and we got back on the road with me resting on the windowpane

Me: my head hurts (i placed my hand on my temple

Evans that's what you get for drinking too much (he laughed)

Me: not funny (I groaned and we went on).

Me: Evans? (I called out)

Evans: yea?

Me: I never stopped loving you(i turned to look at him but he was focused on driving) I always thought you'd come back and tell me it was a joke and we would go back to how it was before, or I'd wake up from the horrible dream I was having, but you never came and it was never a dream( a tear rolled down my cheek) I waited, all day everyday, telling myself, maybe you couldn't make it, maybe you'd come the next day, but you never made it. I cried myself to sleep most nights but you were never there which got me thinking, maybe we were never meant to be and that was the universe's way of telling us. It sucks doesn't it? (I gave a sad chuckle)

Evans remained silent, eyes focused on the road

Me: it's fine, (I smiled turning away) I know you moved on and there's a high chance I won't remember what I said(resting my head back on the windowpane, sleep enveloping me

“Lizzy” I heard a faint call, not sure if it was real or my dream “I never stopped loving you too” and I passed out

I woke up to a killer headache and saw Mimi frowning down at me

Mimi: I left just for a few and your came home knocked out?

Me: good morning to you too (I winced in pain)

Mimi: it's 12 noon

Me: owwww( I winced holding my head in my plam) stop yelling, my head hurts

Mimi: then why did you drink? Here(she handed me aspirins and a glass of water)

Me: thanks(i gulped it down)

Mimi: how much did you drink anyway?

Me: I don't know (I shrugged) 3, 4 or maybe 5 glasses I don't remember. How did I get home?

Mimi: you really don't remember?

Me: yea (I nodded)

Mimi: Evans brought you home

Me: he did huh?

Mimi: now freshen and come on down

She got up and left my room, and I lay back on the bed groaning

We decided to be lazy since its Sunday and just eat and watch movies since it was Sunday and we're two singles living the single life.

Unto our second movie, Mimi phone started ringing, she picked it up checked the caller id then placed it back on the chair. The phone kept ringing on but she ignored it

Me: aren't you gonna answer (I finally spoke out)

Mimi: it's not important

she waved it of and we went back to our movie. Thank God the ringing finally stopped but then a text popped up on the screen but she still ignored. Not able to handle my curiosity anymore, I cornered her, grabbed the phone got up and read the text while she fought to get her phone back

“Hi”
“Are you okay? Please talk to me” it read

I gave her back her phone and we sat back down

Me: why are you avoiding him?

She shrugged

Me: you know you'll have to talk to him sooner or later

Mimi: I pick later, now come on, we're missing the movie

I sighed and we went back to the movie

The next day was work as usual, with Mimi still avoiding Henry with various excuses everyday and in some occasions she would leave through the back door when they entered the café

Mimi left as usual one day when they were to come in but Princess alone came without the gang

Me: Hi Princess, you're alone?

Princess: yea, everyone else is busy, plus I wanted to talk to you about something

Me: okay,(I went to sit close to her) what's up?

Princess: it's about Henry........

2 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by oluwaseun15(f): 9:04pm On Mar 12, 2017
wink love dis episode hmmmm,more inspiration dear,pls update soon oooo
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 9:08pm On Mar 12, 2017
oluwaseun15:
wink love dis episode hmmmm,more inspiration dear,pls update soon oooo

Thank you
Re: Love Really Is Strange by ftosino(m): 9:47am On Mar 13, 2017
Nice one
Re: Love Really Is Strange by princemozyk(m): 2:26pm On Mar 13, 2017
Nice one lily am back like thunder am loving the updates...
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
princemozyk:
Nice one lily am back like thunder am loving the updates...

Glad to have you back, enjoy smiley
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2017
Me: He....Hen....Henry, What do you mean?

I stuttered, maybe she knows what happened and she's angry or there's trouble in paradise I thought now fidgeting in my seat. She noticed my inconvenience and held my arm

Princess: are you okay Liz? You seem shaken a bit

Me: yea of course, you're were talking about Henry? (I tried to act cool)

Princess: yea, he's not been himself lately, he hardly smiles or jokes like he does

Me: yea?

Princess: back at the fashion show, I thought I got him back but he went back to brooding later on. I think something's bothering him

Me: errrmmm, you think so?

Princess: yea (she gestured for me to come closer, and whispered in my ear) I think it's a girl

My eyes got wider three times their normal size

Me: wh..what do you mean? (i stuttered rubbing my palms together nervously)

Princess: I think he likes Mimi (she whispered like someone's gonna hear if she doesn't)

Me: what? (I laughed nervously)

Princess: but don't tell him I told you, he'd probably go ballistic.

Me: but....

Princess: see, he told me before I knew you guys that there's a girl he met in a café, exhibit A,( she gestured at the café) and they have a love-hate relationship, yet he can't seem to hate her and he finds her amusing, and they always bicker when they meet and yet he always looks forward to meeting her cause he can't seem to get her out of his head. That's totally Mimi and him

she cried as if she just had a break through while I was just sitting there many things running through my head, like she's gonna hate Mimi and later me if she finds out I knew that Henry kissed Mimi

Me: what? Bu..ho..wel..its..just...(I blabbed unable to form coherent words cause of my jumbled thoughts)

Princess: it clearly shows whenever he sees her, but I'm not sure why he wouldn't just tell her though (she looked away as if deep in thoughts)

Me: hold on, ( I finally put my words together) so, it doesn't bother you?

Princess: bother me?(she whipped her head so fast, I was scared she was gonna have a whiplash) why would it bother me? (she frowned)

Me: well, I don't know, cause you both a together (I frowned)

Princess: together? What are you....hold on, you think Henry and I are dating?

Me: you're not?(I frowned even more)

Princess: no, no, why would you think that

Me: I don't know(i shrugged) cause you both are always together and always come in holding hands and stuff....

I stopped cause she was laughing so hard, customers began looking at our direction

Princess: I'm sorry, (she wiped the tiny tear in her eyes due to the excess laugh) it was just so funny. (she turned to look at me but I was wearing a straight face) Henry and I are not together(she cleared her throat and began) we're always together cause we both share same profession

Me: you're a doctor? (seriously, haven't I been listening to them at all when they talk about their work?)

Princess: yea, I work with him in his hospital, although I'm working on getting mine soon, and he's helping me

Me: so, let get this straight you're guys have nothing romantic going on?

Princess: yea, we don't, I actually have a financée

Me: you do?

Yea: yea, (she pulled out her necklace that has an engagement ring as a pendant) he travelled out for a course and told Henry to take care of me cause he got close to him when he was here, I guess that's why he(henry) is always with me

Me: (She took the ring in her hand, her eyes now glistering with unshed tears) funny enough he thought Henry and I were together when we first met that's why he couldn't ask me out at first(her eyes still on the necklace)

Me: you miss him?

Princess: yea (she huffed, a tear rolled down her cheek and she wiped it immediately) he proposed just before he left and I couldn't keep wearing it on my finger cause I always look at at and it reminded me that he's not here, so I wear it close to my heart. I miss him so much and just wish he would come back soon(more tears rolled down her cheek)

Me: (I held her hand, giving her a reassuring squeeze) I'm sure he misses you too (she smiled wiping her tears

Princess: thanks, I've been holding it in for long, Stephanie is always happy-go-lucky, so didn't feel right talking about it always

Me: no problem( I smiled) and thank you

I got up, and started walking away fast

Princess: errrr, why? Where are you going? (she shouted out to me)

Me: i'll talk to you later

I shouted out and ran out of the café with one thing alone in my mind. I can't wait to tell Mimi

I got home breathing heavily like I just ran a marathon. I opened the door fiercely, as if the door did me wrong

“Mimi you're not gonna believe this”, I breathed out happily but stopped dead on my tracks

“Why are you nakéd?”.......

2 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 7:46pm On Mar 13, 2017
Okay guys,so we're gonna have what I call “what I think happened”.

If you have a hunch, let's read it in your comment and if you're right, the next page will be dedicated to you, and you'll be my first follow. Would have opted for a better gift, but i guess it's the best I could do, since it's online (sowiiiiiieeee)but if you have a better idea for a gift, feel free to add

So, let's do this
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Alennsar(f): 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
she just had her bath
Re: Love Really Is Strange by ftosino(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2017
She don run mad? No no no she just had Bleep...
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 1:26pm On Mar 14, 2017
This chapter's dedicated to Alennsar and ftosino though both wrong

Me: Mimi? Why are you nakéd?

Mimi: (She turned to look at me) I'm not nakéd

Me: so, wearing panties and bra alone is normal?

Mimi: she bent to look at her body then back at me, her eyes glassy with tears threatening to spill if she so much as blinks

Me: hey what's wrong? (I walked over to her)

I think something's wrong with me Liz she broke down, I can't even think straight, I think I'm losing my mind(she said amidst tears)

Mimi: why can't I get him out of my head Liz? (she broke down into sobs)

I went closer to hug her, its alright I cooed, and about that, I've got something to tell you, I let go her grinning like a maniac, while she furrowed her brows like I'm a crazy person.

Me: you're not gonna believe......

“Wow” a voice cut me off, we turned to see Henry, his eyes fixed on Mimi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Really Is Strange by damis28crown(f): 1:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
jst d way i luv it romatic nd hot lily kep d gud work i luv u
Re: Love Really Is Strange by mohlewa(f): 1:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
nice update lily....more inspiration smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
damis28crown:
jst d way i luv it romatic nd hot lily kep d gud work i luv u

Thanks so much
Re: Love Really Is Strange by ftosino(m): 3:04pm On Mar 14, 2017
The update is qwuait short anyways #thumbsup
Re: Love Really Is Strange by kally90(f): 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
interesting
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 9:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
Both Mimi and I stood there staring at him, both unable to move

Henry: I....I... I'm sorry I just barged in, I was at the door and it was opened and....I didn't see anything....not that there's nothing to see, I mean you have a very beautiful.....ummm....well....

He blabbed on and Mimi and I turned to look at each each

Me: oh my Gód, you're still nakéd Mimi (i whispered like he hasn't already seen her)

Mimi: (looks at herself and immediately used her hands to cover both her body, well tried to) don't look, turn around (she ordered) and ran up to her room

Henry: I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to, the door was opened, so I thought something had happened and....

Then it hit me, I forgot to close the door in my haste to talk to Mimi

Me: it's okay, it's my fault, I forgot to close it when I came in

He nodded and looked away we fell into an awkward silence. I stood there praying Mimi comes down a lot faster, he turned to me and I gave him a tight lipped smile and looked away and Mimi came down, fully clothed this time

Henry: I'm really sorry Mimi....

Mimi: it's fine, why are you here? (she sounded out, a bit harsh I might say)

I turned to look at her but she looked away crossing both hands on her chest

Henry: you've been avoiding me, and I just wanna talk

Mimi: well I don't wanna hear it okay?

Henry: Mimi listen......

Mimi: I get it (she cut him off) the kiss was just a momentary lapse, you didn't mean to do it and you got caught up in the moment

Henry: Mimi listen....

Mimi: it's fine, you don't have to apologize or anything,I get it, you have an amazing girlfriend who looks very beautiful without even trying and you're in love with her and I don't blame you at all, I mean who wouldn't want to be with her right?

Henry: what are you....

Mimi: I get it okay? I'm not like her, I'm plain old me, I don't have the model figure she has or the hour glass figure like Lizzy does that every girl would die for and every guy would love to have in possession

Me: Mimi please stop...(I begged hoping to stop her from disgracing herself more than she's already doing)

Mimi: No Liz,(she turned to me)I need to admit it, I can't keep hurting myself. (she turned to him) I like you, a lot and I know you're in love with her and you guys are together, so it's fine, I'm just gonna......

She was going on when Henry pulled her closer and smashed his lips on hers silencing her. I just stood there, all awkward not knowing whether to turn away or watch the beautiful moment before me. I was still contemplating when Mimi pushed him away both breathing heavily from the kiss, but a smirk formed on Henry's face

Henry: so you like me huh?

Mimi: what the héll was that for, are you just gonna keep cheating on Princess?(she was furious)

Henry: Princess? (he raised his eyebrows)

Mimi: yea, you're girlfriend(she gritted out)

Henry: I don't know what you're....Princess and I aren't together

Mimi: what?? (she turned to look at me)

Me: yea,(I nodded) that's what I wanted to tell you, she has a fiancée

Mimi: but i....you guys were....how?....

She blabbed on while Henry stood there smirking and I just wanted this whole thing to be cleared out so, I can leave

Mimi: so, you're not together? (she turned to him, as if making sure)

Henry: No, and there's a girl I can't seem to get my mind of lately, and I'm looking at her

Mimi: you like me? (he nodded she smiled and they both stared intently at each other as if they're the only ones around)

Me: awwwww

They both snapped out of it and turned to look at me

Me: sorry you guys were just so....(I gestured between them) and I got caught up in the moment. I was about to tell them not to mind me and continue but I guess I didn't need to, cause he grabbed and kissed her with all intensity and she returned his kiss and soon later they were pulling each others clothes off like it's an obstacle while i stood there being all awkward like I'm prying on them

Me: Lizzy would you mind? No of course not, I'll just give you guys some privacy

I soliloquized, turning away but they didn't even break the kiss or turn to look at me

“ I'll be in the café, and please, not on the couch, I'm very fond of it, I announced and left them to eating each others faces

I entered the café but saw that Princess had already left. I pulled my phone and texted an apology to her and went back to tending to my work and just then he walked in

Me: Hi (I smiled at him) what would you have?

Evans: just coffee, works piling up and I need the the boost (he smile back)

Me: coming right up

I smiled and went to get him his order, my mind drifting to Mimi and Henry, how because of fear they both couldn't tell each other how they felt on time. I like him,heck I'm still in love with him and this whole friendship thing is killing me. I just need to rip of the bandage and tell him right? I thought, what's the worse that can happen

“Here” I handed him his coffee

Evans: thanks (he smiled and took a sip)

Me: hey, can I talk to you about something?

Evans: sure

I took a sit across him

Me: well, I...ummmm, I was wondering, if...

I paused to look at him and he was staring directly at me

Me: (I turned away from him cause of the intensity of his gaze) so I was thinking....

“There you are” a voice cut me off and we both turned to see a lady walking and smiling at him.

“you're secretary said I could find you here. Gód I've missed you so much”, she sat close to him pulled his face and planted her lips on his......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Really Is Strange by oluwaseun15(f): 9:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
OMG who are these people self,they always like to spoil show for us sha undecided,anyways,nice write up dear,pls update soon,following u to the end
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lolsd: 10:57pm On Mar 14, 2017
thank God lizzy did not say anything... OMG!!! Evans y .? u just broke my heart. lizzy deserves some happiness ... I don't want lizzy nd george 2gther .. writer I hate u just rite dis minute. crying
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:15am On Mar 15, 2017
Lolsd:
thank God lizzy did not say anything... OMG!!! Evans y .? u just broke my heart. lizzy deserves some happiness ... I don't want lizzy nd george 2gther .. writer I hate u just rite dis minute. crying

Lol

Please oh, I'm begging, don't hate me
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Mobecs(f): 10:52am On Mar 15, 2017
OMG Lizzy! This is not good.
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 1:10pm On Mar 15, 2017
Evans seemed a bit shocked but recovered quickly and pulled away from her and she frowned a bit turning to look at me then back at Evans

Evans: (clears his throat) Janet this Lizzy and Lizzy, this is Janet

Janet: so you're Lizzy... (she turned Evans and back to me, extends her hands) I'm his girlfriend

Me: ri..right, it's nice to meet you (I gave her half smile and returned the shake)

Evans: you were gonna say something Liz?

Me: oh it's nothing, forget about it

He looked at me, as if knowing I wasn't been honest but shook is head anyway in acceptance

Janet: come on babe, I have something to show you (turned to me) mind if I steal him(flashing a mega watt smile)

Me: no of course not, he's all yours, I better go check on my work

I smiled and got up and she literally dragged him out the café.

“he has a girlfriend” I thought, sighed and went back to my work

I got home later, feeling tired frustrated angry, you name it and I just wanted to talk to my bestfriend but she didn't come down to answer like she usually does if we didn't come home together and she's home alone

“Mimi you there? I called out but there wasn't a reply I went ahead to check in her room but she wasn't there frustrated I sat on the dining and there I saw a note

“Out with Henry, don't wait up,I might be late”

Fúcking perfect, I'm alone and have no one to talk to. I'm going die alone , I breathed out and headed straight to bed, too tired to even change

The next day, Mimi came in shoes in one hand, sporting a walk of shame

I cleared my throat and immediately she jumped in fear

Me: good morning

Mimi: hiiiiii Liz you're looking lovely this morning

Me: hmmmmm?

Mimi: okay, I know what you're thinking, but nothing happened,he just took me to a fancy restaurant and we talked a lot, and we actually have a lot in common, he said he loves my smile and it was just perfect...

She made a dreamy face as if still thinking about the moment

Me: I'm so happy for you (I went and hugged her). But I can't believe you left me all alone, and I really needed someone to talk to

Mimi: I'm sorry, I got carried away.(she threw an apologetic smile)

Me: it's fine, I'm just so glad you're happy

Mimi: I am, but did something happen?

Me: he has a girlfriend Mimi? (I sat down and so did she)

Mimi: I'm so sorry Liz (she held my hands squeezing it reassuringly)

Me: nah, its fine(i waved it off) we agreed to be just friends anyway. Now go freshen up, we have to go

She smiled got up and went ahead. Later, we both went together to the café after a long conversation between Mimi and Henry on who's to hang up first. I love her but I swear, that moment, I just felt like breaking her phone

Mimi: Hi abigail, hi miriam, hi Dennis hi everybody....

(she singsonged, smiling like a wierdo as we entered the café, while everybody turned to look at her like she's crazy and turned to me for explanation

“ She has a boyfriend” I replied and they chorused “oh” while the girls went to congratulate her

“ I hate my life” I murmured and started my morning ritual

Just then a customer walked in

“ Welcome to Helen's” I raised my head smiling but stopped when I saw who

Me: Hi Janet(smiling) what can I get you

Just then Mimi walked up to us

Mimi: you know her?(turning to me)

Me: yea, she's Evans's girlfriend

“Hi, I'm Mimi” she extended her hand to her but she just ignored and turned back to me

Janet: can I talk to you?

Me: errrrr sure

She turned and walked away, while Mimi turned to me

Mimi: I don't like her

I shrugged and went to meet her

Me: so, what's up?

Janet: I want you to stay away from my boyfriend

2 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by ftosino(m): 1:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
What da hek...
Re: Love Really Is Strange by mohlewa(f): 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2017
hmmmm

its becoming more interesting...

Good job Lily. ... Kip it up
Re: Love Really Is Strange by MissRelly: 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2017
Gud afternoon everybody,see how i dey smile say lizzy go finally dey wit evans dis girl called Lilyjoe go carry janet spoil show in d name of girlfriend but Lily u are doin great,weldone
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:28pm On Mar 15, 2017
MissRelly:
Gud afternoon everybody,see how i dey smile say lizzy go finally dey wit evans dis girl called Lilyjoe go carry janet spoil show in d name of girlfriend but Lily u are doin great,weldone

Lol

Thanks
Re: Love Really Is Strange by oluwaseun15(f): 6:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
Good job lily.....it's getting interesting
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
I sat there shocked at what she just said, and actually shocked she's seeing me as threat

Me: I'm sorry but I don't know what you're talking abou......

Janet: look here Lizzy or whatever it is you're called, I've heard so much about you and Evans. I know you're his first love and all, but I know how long it took for him to actual look at me, and have my time and I'm here to stay. So you better say clear from him

I could literally feel my mouth drop as stared wide eyed as she ranted on,

“have I made myself clear”, she finished looking straight at me as if waiting for a reply which angered me I quickly cleared my throat and composed myself

Me: don't you think acting the crazy jealous girlfriend is a bit cliché (crossing both my hands on my chest)

Visibly seething, she got up fiercely from her seat attracting looks from my girls who were busy arranging the café. Seeing as she's been looked at at, she smiled and sat

Janet: I know you're type, just cause you dated and fell in love, you think you'll magically end up together, but I hate to burst your bubbles, actually I don't (she laughed menacingly) he's mine, we are gonna get married and we'll live happily ever after, you know why, cause he loves me now and you're in the past

Me: wow, are you shooting a telenovela (I turned around looking for hidden cameras not believing my ears) Janet, look, I get it you've got it all planned out, and I wish you luck really, so just leave me alone please, I don't care about Evans and we're just friends and I'm not a threat to you

I got up to leave but she held my hand standing up also

“you're right, you're not a threat to me, I actually feel sorry for you, and can't believe he actually went out with you. Maybe he felt sorry for you, maybe that's why he left you in the first place. She threw a sly smile and walked away. “ See you around Liz” she opened the door and walked out leaving me alone standing frozen on the spot.

Mimi came up to me

Mimi: I told you I hate her(She turned to look at me) you're crying

Me: what? I touched my cheek and indeed, it felt it wet from tears

Mimi: are you okay? Do I need to break someone's head?

Me: no, (I wiped my tears) she has a point, he has her now, and they look good together. I turned to her, I'm fine

I turned and went back in, my mood automatically sour for the day

The gang came in later on with Henry and Mimi acting all lovey dovey but Evans wasn't with them and I was actually glad cause I couldn't face him

Stephanie: hey Liz are you okay you seem cold

Me: yea I'm fine (I waved it off)

Mimi: where is Evans anyway?(she turned to them) he didn't come?

Stephanie: yea, he's with janet(making air quotes)

Mimi: he's girlfriend?

Stephanie: yea, she's back

Unable to take it anymore, I got up and excused myself while they went on with their discussions

They left later on, and Mimi came up to me

Mimi: are you sure you're okay?

Me: yea, (I nodded) I'm just gonna head home

She nodded, and I went out the café

I stood at the bus stop waiting for a taxi when a car honked at me. Confused I looked at the car, not recognizing it, so I turned away, but he came closer, got down his car and came over to me, while I stood rooted to the spot

“Hi Lizzy......

4 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Alennsar(f): 8:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
I tink she is d one suffering herself. she should sort thing out witht George
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2017
“George? I called out

George: you seem not happy to see me, do you really hate me that much?

Me: no,no, no, I don't hate you, I can't hate you actually, just surprised to see you

George: same here, why are you standing here?(he looked around)

Me: wanna catch a taxi home

George: are you okay? Aren't you working?

Me: wasn't really feeling it today

George: good, (he smiled and turned to his car opening the door for me) come on in

I raised by brow not sure what he was on to

George: trust me, I'm not gonna bite

I smiled, breathed out and went in. He got in also and started driving

Me: so, we're are we going?

George: just somewhere(he threw me a smile and continued driving

We arrived at a very fancy restaurant, and he rushed my my side of the door to open it.
“Thanks” I said and got out

Me: it's beautiful and really....fancy(turning to him)

George: don't worry about it, come on(he pulled me and we started walking in)

We got in and just like the outside, the inside oozed class and fanciness. A waiter walked up to us and showed us to a table before leaving, greeting George like he had known him before.

Another waitress came in later on, flashing a mega watt smile batting her lashes, it didn't take a genius to figure out, she was trying to flirt with George. Key word trying, cause he wasn't even looking at her

He ordered and turned to me for my order, and I just went with what he ordered because half of what's written on the order is still confusing to me. The waitress left, but not before turning once more to George smiling, but he didn't even spare her a glance, either he was oblivious to her flirt or not interested

George: so, how have you been?

Me: Good (I nodded)

George: and the café? How's Mimi doing?

Me it's fine, and Mimi's fine too. She's actually working with me, quit her job, crazy story

Goerge: no doubt when Mimi's involved (he laughed and I did same)

Me: so, you look good? How's life been treating you

George: pretty good, job's fine, everything's going well....

He was about going on, when the waitress came in with our order. I munched in pretty excited about it while he just looked at me smiling and he joined me. After the meal we talked pretty much about everything except our love life which for unknown reasons we both stayed clear off

George: so, how's Evans(he asked out of the blue taking me by surprise)

Me: errrrr, he's good

I turned to look at an old couple who seem to enjoy each others company. He noticed my staring and followed my gaze

George: you know, I always thought we'd be like them, together

Me: I'm really sorry George(i threw an apologetic smile)

George: nah its fine, being with you was the most amazing thing that happened to me, and I wouldn't have had it any other way(he smiled looking straight into my eyes) you still love him don't you?

Knowing what he meant, I nodded, my head falling I defeat. “But he has a girlfriend, so we're just friends” I added

George: hey(he raised my chin up, making me look at him) he's a fool if he can't see you the way I see you, you're worth more than that

A tear rolled down my cheek and he wiped it with his thumb

Me: I always thought you'd hate me

George: I can never hate you, even if I tried, and I don't wanna try

Me: Thank you, really

George: don't mention it

He smiled and I mirrored his smile. We chatted more and it felt really nice, just being able to talk and laugh freely without thinking about anything and anyone. I forgot how funny he could be

After a while, we got up and decided to head home, while he went his way, but not without dropping me off at my place and promising to be in touch. I waved him goodbye and went in smiling like a maniac

The next day I went to work, feeling a lot better and decided to put anything Evans related behind me. The days rolled by, with George coming from time to time and we became close, just like old times. He found out about Mimi and Henry and congratulated them, but Evans seem scarce all of a sudden. I asked the gang about him, but they always shrugged, and sometimes they conclude it's work. With that, weeks turn to months and no sign of Evans. I called numerous times but no answer. I guess he's busy with work and he's girlfriend I thought

After work, one day, Henry dropped us off, like he usually did now that he's dating Mimi and since I had a free ride everyday, I didn't complain, quite enjoyed it actually. She kissed him goodbye and we got in

“You and Henry, pretty serious huh?

Mimi: yea, (she said smiling) and last night, he said he wants me to meet his family, (her smile dropped) but I'm freaking out Liz, what do I do?, what if they don't like me? Wh..what if.....

Me: okay breath Mimi, I sat her down(and she did as I told her) Now, I know he's crazy about you(she smiled) and you are too about him(she nodded) he's family is gonna love you okay, cause you're an amazing person, so just relax okay?

She nodded, her spirit lifted already.

“Thanks Liz” I smiled. “I'm gonna go make dinner” she got up and skipped away like a little girl, while I shook my head smiling, glad my bestfriend actually succeeded in finding love. A knock snapped me of my thought

I went to the door, and was shocked to see Evans standing there

“ I love you Liz” he breathed out......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

The Village Girl / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! / Secrets Of the gods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.