Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,437 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Love Really Is Strange - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Really Is Strange (109156 Views)

15 Strange And Scary Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know / The Strange Woman In My Matrimonial Bed / Nairaland Book Of The Month- Strange Encounters By Akposb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Really Is Strange by kajsa08: 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2017
Lilyjoe567:
Hey guys, It's my birthday today Happy born day to me Pls show some love
happy birthday swit pie, more grace n inspiration.

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2017
Mobecs:
At this point, it's okay to say : Ghenghen, see gobe

Lol
Re: Love Really Is Strange by comelyJummy(f): 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Hey guys,
It's my birthday today
Happy born day to me
Pls show some love
What! April first April f.....l. Am sure mummy must have been doubting if u are really coming out that day or playing pranks.
Happy birthday baby wishing you all the best you can get.
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Mobecs(f): 11:53pm On Apr 01, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Hey guys,
It's my birthday today
Happy born day to me
Pls show some love
Happy birthday dearie, may God increase you in all ramifications.

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
comelyJummy:

What! April first April f.....l. Am sure mummy must have been doubting if u are really coming out that day or playing pranks.
Happy birthday baby wishing you all the best you can get.

Lol.... I'm telling you.

Thank you
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
Thank you guys for the birthday wishes
I appreciate them all
Re: Love Really Is Strange by comelyJummy(f): 2:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
Biko update now
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 6:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
I have to admit, this right here is not my finest hour. Wiping this particular table for twenty minutes now. Cause they have have been sitting there a while now and it's making me both nervous and curious

“Oh forget it, I threw the cleaning rag aside and went to sit close to Mimi

Vivian: hi you. You're Lizzy right?

She smiled turning to me. Confused I turned to Mimi who had same smile on her face

Me: I'm lost here. What's going on. Thought you had a kid and you're threa....well you know

Vivian: yea, I do have a kid. How do you know?

Her brows furrowed as she looked at me for answers clearly

Me: what are you talking about?

I turned to Mimi who though has a little bit of doubts on her features seemed relieved and actually relaxed for real

Mimi: Vivian has a kid but he isn't Henry's

She beamed looking from both of us while I spotted a confused look

Me: what? Hold on a second, but you've been threatening him

I turned to look at her, even more confused

Vivian: threatening him? Why would I do that?

She looked at me, more confused than I was

Mimi: okay, but why did you call him after all these years

Vivian: cause I got back into town with my family and I thought I'd call to say hi, but he got mad and said all sorts of things and even something about breaking his girlfriend and him up

Me: hold on. Your family?

Vivian: yea, I'm married and I got two kids now

She smiled and flashed her ring at us

Me: To your baby's daddy?

Vivian: yea. We had a little problem, then we separated and I was in a really rough place. And then Henry called and I thought I needed the distraction but I was wrong. He was hurting too, and kept talking about Evans and how he's feeling bad for him. So I took him home since he was too drunk and in no way capable of driving. Then I talked to Mark, My husband and I realised I was pregnant with his baby. Soon we got married and had our baby. I am really happy (smiling)

Me: Whoa! That's just wow. Congratulations

I turned to her and she beamed nodding. I looked to Mimi and she seemed indifferent, like she seemed relieved but at same time still uneasy but she wasn't saying anything

Me: how many times did you say you called him?

Vivian: Once. It's why I got worried when he was yelling at me on phone. So I thought to come see you (turning to Mimi) and ask what's going on, since I can't get to him

Me: If you just called him just once, then who was threatening him?

I turned to Mimi whose worry lines on her face seemed visible now

Vivian: what? Whose threatening who?

Me: we have no idea.......

3 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 6:40pm On Apr 02, 2017
comelyJummy:
Biko update now

Done, but it is a bit short

My apologies to all
Re: Love Really Is Strange by comelyJummy(f): 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
Thanks for the update. All these threat here n there don't use suspense kill me.
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Nifeola: 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2017
Lily pls go on, I can't wait
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
comelyJummy:
Thanks for the update. All these threat here n there don't use suspense kill me.

smiley
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
Nifeola:
Lily pls go on, I can't wait

I will
Re: Love Really Is Strange by EvaJael(f): 7:01pm On Apr 03, 2017
I wait patiently...ur doing great
Re: Love Really Is Strange by princesshansy(f): 10:04pm On Apr 03, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]nice write up

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2017
Mimi and I both shared gazes and then looked away, both unable to utter a single word since Vivian left

“If you have questions about him, just ask, I've got some dirty deets, Vivian winked before she got up to leave to go tend to her kids. And please tell him I have to talk to him she pleaded. Mimi nodded and she left

“She seems nice,I finally spoke out, tired of the deafening silence but Mimi still remained still, peering deeply at the table not paying the least attention to her environs

“Mimi? I shook her to snap her of her daze

”Huh? She turned to me, still stunned though

Me: You seem out of it. Are you okay?

Mimi: yea, I'm fine. What were you saying?

Me: I said vivian seems nice, and seems truly happy with her life

I smiled, thinking back to how Vivian was gushing about her husband and kids with a smile plastered her face. I looked up to Mimi but she was spotting a serious look

Mimi: This is serious Liz. If Vivian wasn't the one sending the threats, then who was?

Me: don't worry, I bet it's just someone trying to scam him. Now that we found it she isn't the one, you should be happy

Mimi: I know...(trailing) but I can't see to. Something doesn't add up. What if there's something really out there, who's out to get us

Me: I wouldn't worry about that. Plus if anyone should be worried, it should be me....

I trailed, looking away

Mimi: what?

Me: it's nothing. Just try not to worry. Everything will be fine, it already is

Just then, George walked in on us

George: hello ladies

He greeted. Mimi threw a curt smile and nodded and I nudged her, seeing as his facials turned sour from her response

Mimi: I'm sorry George. I just got something on my mind

George: it's okay(his face lifted into a smile) are you ready? (turning to me)

Me: yea, just give me a minute

I got up and turned to go get my purse and Mimi excused herself also tailing behind me. I got my purse and turned to go meet him but Mimi was staring down at me

Me: you have something to say?

I frowned a little, but she crossed her hands over her chest

Mimi: Nope, have fun

She turned and left to go tend to a customer that walked in. I took a deep breath and went to meet George

“Where are we going? I turned to him, few minutes into the drive

“Oh, just some place, he smiled to me and turned back to the road and we drove in a comfortable silence

“We're here, he parked and we got out

“its pretty, I commented as we walked into the restaurant

“I know, that's why I brought you here, he smiled gestured for me to go in.

I frowned a little, worried about his nice gesture but shrugged it off as him being a good friend. I walked in and we got a table

Me: this place is really nice

George: I know

He smiled and a waiter walked to us to get our orders. We ordered and the waiter left. I cleared my throat and looked up to him

Me: so,we need to talk

George: yes, we do. I'm so sorry about my behaviour back in your house

Me: No, it's fine, I'm sure it was just a game. I'm sorry you got hit

I frowned a little, thinking back how he was bleeding when Evans hit him

George: oh, it's fine. But I was serious though

Me: what?

I took the glass of water set before us, to quench my parched throat

George: I was serious. I never stopped loving you

I spit out the water almost immediately, after he finished, my eyes widening from the scene I caused. I apologized for the attention I drew from lookers cause they all seemed rich and fancy. I turned back to George and saw my damage. The water splashed all over his shirt

“I am so Sorry, I brought out a handkerchief, got up to dab on his shirt but he smiled and told me to sit

Me: I'm so sorry I embarrassed you

George: it's fine, really

I nodded, then went back to the statement that caused the whole scene

Me: wh...what do mean you never stopped. We agreed to be just friends, and you said you moved on

George: I know, but I lied, I didn't want you feel bad. I still love you Lizzy, I never stopped loving you

Me: Please stop, I can't take this right now. I have a lot on my head and you...you just can't

George: Lizzy, I....

Me: No, no George, please stop

George: please hear me out..

Me: No George (I snapped, getting side stares, but I didn't care anymore) We broke up, and we moved on. We're just friends now, nothing more

George: I can't be just friends anymore, knowing that everyday I think about you, how I want to hold you close and cuddle with you, and kiss you deeply and....

Repulsed, I got up abruptly, and almost everyone turned to look at us

Me: we're done. I moved on, I'm with Evans now and you know that. You should moved on too

I turned and walked out not minding the plain stares from lookers. I walked out of the restaurant, my breath ragged from anger and just then George ran out yelling my name

I turned to face him

George: I'm sorry, I crossed a line back there

Me: you should be. You told me you moved on, and I was happy, so what the héll was that about?

George: well, I'm sorry not all of us has the amazing ability to just move on like you did

He snapped

Me: what's that supposed to mean?

George: we broke up and immediately you ran into his hands. He was the reason the reason we broke up in the first place, wasn't it?

He yelled, anger dancing in his eyes. Visibly seething, I remained calm and looked up to him

Me: we're done here

I turned on my heels, and started walking not sparing him a second glance. And he didn't bother stopping me, for which I was glad. As I walked on, the anger dissolved a bit and in its place worry took over. Was he right? Did I really break up with him because of Evans. Was I ever in love with him?

5 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2017
EvaJael:
I wait patiently...ur doing great

Thank you
Re: Love Really Is Strange by splendidiva(f): 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
see confusion
Re: Love Really Is Strange by princesshansy(f): 5:45am On Apr 04, 2017
[color=#006600][/nice write up color]

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by EvaJael(f): 7:56pm On Apr 04, 2017
Drama everywhere. I need anointing from u dear,ur too good
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 8:30am On Apr 05, 2017
EvaJael:
Drama everywhere. I need anointing from u dear,ur too good

Thanks a lot
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:53am On Apr 05, 2017
“Baby, I love you,but you know I can't make it right now. I travelled out, I told you that, so you need to stop calling me okay?.

John please, I'll talk to you later. I have to go now, bye. And she hung up and started cursing

I've been sitting here listening on, on this lady's conversation. I know I'm been rude right now but it seemed sweet at first, but now I'm not so sure anymore

A guy walked up to her later on and kissed her on the cheek, while she blushed

“Not on the street Isaac”, she nagged, “people will see. He apologized and they walked away holding hands

I was deep in thought after they left. “was I like that with George, was I mentally cheating on him like this lady is obviously cheating on her boyfriend, and I didn't even know?

I jerked little when I felt my phone vibrate from my bag on my leg. I pulled it out and It was Evans. I rejected and put the phone off tired of all the dramas lately. I got up, hung my bag and headed home, not wanting to go to the café anymore. I got home and Evans was sitting by my door his head in a bent position and he seemed deep in thoughts

He raised his head and all thoughts I had vanished. Seeing him made my heart start beating erratically in my chest. He had worry lines on his face but all I want to do is pull him close and hold him for a long time. His eyes felt like they were looking right through my soul and I couldn't help but get lost in them. It felt like the first time again with him. I'm completely, utterly and madly in love with him an I don't care who it hurts. I have him and I don't wanna lose him anymore. I don't care if I hurt George. I'm always gonna carry that baggage with me, but I can't feel bad cause of this right here, because this feels too right

“Hey, I called and he got up and came and pulled me in a hug while I relinquished the anger and worry I held and inhaled in the scent that is Evans's. I hugged him back like a child who just found her lost teddy bear and I don't wish to let go

“I'm so sorry I lost it. I shouldn't have hit him,I shouldn't have yelled and said all those things to you,he rushed out over my shoulders

“Hey, I pulled away from him gently missing his hold on me too quickly

Evans: you have every right to be mad, I get it

Me: I'm not mad, not anymore anyway

I smiled a little, trying to ease his heart

Evans: I'm really sorry, I just got so mad, when he said that and... I don't wanna lose you Liz

He held my hands looking intently at me. I freed one of my hand and placed it on his face, not looking away I smiled but it dropped caused he looked so vulnerable. “You're not gonna lose me okay? Caressing his cheek with my thumb, I smiled and he smiled right back

“Sorry I didn't pick your calls

Evans: it's fine, it's my fault

Me: no, it's not. I should've tried talking to you. I made you worry didn't I?

Evans: not anymore

He pulled me in again to himself and we stayed like that both too absorbed in the moment to pull away

“Babe, you're phone's ringing. Evans called out as I was in the kitchen preparing something

Me: can you please pick it up and check who it is

Evans: all right

I went back to what I was doing. I suddenly started craving something really sweet after Evans and I got in. I decided to make any thing sweet, not sure what exactly I'm baking, but from the level of sugar I've poured in, let's just hope I don't become very close with the toilet

“Babe?

I turned around smiling but it dropped when I saw the worry on Evan's face

Me: what's going on? Who was that?

Evans: that was Miriam

I frowned a little

Evans: I think we need to go to the hospital now. Mimi got into an accident.....

2 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by comelyJummy(f): 11:20am On Apr 05, 2017
ooh don'tdisturb their nice moment.. Nice work ma'am but more action, suspense n ki.........

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by wizsolzy(m): 12:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
This is d part I don't like about love...Hw can u use somebody for eight years.. Eight years...And Evans came back n u left just like dat... George move on naaaa abeg..

3 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by BlissfulJeff(m): 8:56am On Apr 06, 2017
nice piece.kip it coming

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by princesshansy(f): 10:00am On Apr 06, 2017
This mimi sef..... *sadist*
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:05am On Apr 06, 2017
I padded down the hospital gate and almost ran into a couple walking out. “Sorry I yelled, not turning to look at them but hope I didn't cause any damage

I left Evans behind, practically jumping out the moving vehicle, while he goes to park in the designated area for visitors.

We rushed out the house immediately we got the news as we asked for the hospital. Lucky enough, she was taken to Henry's

“Excuse me”, I approached the nurse behind the counter. “I'm looking for Miracle, Miracle Adebayo, she was rushed in for emergency, my brows furrowed in worry as this lady is been still, while I might be having a nervous breakdown. I rushed past her since she wasn't providing much details and ran down the hospital hallway in search for a certain Emergency unit and Evans caught up with me. I looked around the emergency unit but can't find her. There's a possibility I'm not seeing all of it but I'm too shaken to be still.

I was still checking when a nurse approached me

“I'm sorry, can I......

“I'm looking for Miracle Adebayo I cut her off. She was rushed in, and she's pregnant and... I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. Can I see her? Is she okay?

“You need to calm down, she gave a sad reassuring smile. She's in surgery and we don't know anything yet. So if you'd, just take a deep breath, I'm sure she'll like that okay?. I suggest you wait in the waiting area she gestured

I nodded and let Evans guide to to the waiting area. We sat and I couldn't seem to stop the incessant tapping of my leg on the floor. Even if Evans minded, he didn't stop me and I was glad because I was seconds away from total breakdown

Seconds turn to minutes, and minutes to hours and we've been waiting for five hours. And it kept dragging on while I just grew more and more tensed. Evans was trying as much to keep me at bay cause I didn't mind marching into that operating room if it was just me

Stephanie came in afterwards and when she saw my features knew better than to ask me any questions.

“Any news? She turned to him, while he shook his head

“We're still waiting, he replied and she sat close to me rubbing her hand on my back comfortingly, no words spoken and I smiled a little in appreciation.

A doctor walked out an hour later and I practically sprinted towards him while the others followed behind.

“How's she? How's Miracle? Is she okay? I didn't even give room for answers, I kept bombarding him with questions

“Miss, just calm down, he reassured but I couldn't stay still cause he wasn't smiling, which means no good news. “The surgery was successful but she lost a lot of blood he went on and I gulped in fear

“So? I questioned, hoping for a good news in the end

“She took a big hit, and had a severe haemorrhage due to the baby. The good news is she's gonna be okay if she wakes up, But...he trailed and looked worriedly at me

“But what? I breathed out in a shaken manner, already messed up from his explanations but trying so hard to be strong

“We lost the baby. I'm so sorry, the baby was still immature and still in the very early stages and couldn't survive the impact he went on but a whimper escaped my lips and my lips twitched indicating a sob coming along

“Can we see her? I put on a good front trying to hide the pain

“Yea, sure. He led us to her and I saw my best friend lying motionless being connected to machines.

“She's still out from the anesthetic from surgery, so she is going to be unresponsive, he spoke, and I turned and nodded as he left. My eyes got blurry from the sight as I took it in again, a stray tear rolled down my cheek and I wiped immediately

Mimi's eye brow furrowed later on as her eyes fluttered open. She winced from pain holding her head in her free hand that isn't connected to a machine

“What happened? She raised her head up and tried sitting up but winced more

“You need to take it easy, I pushed her gently back back down

“My head hurts, she whined still holding her head and a little piece of my heart broke all over again as I remembered the doctor said she might have a concussion since she hit her head pretty bad

“Mimi? I called out to her

“Yes? She replied her brows furrowing

“what's my name?

“Lizzy, what's happening?

What about theirs? I pointed to Evans who was holding my shoulders and keeping me in place and Stephanie who wasn't too far away from us

“Evans and stephanie, she deadpanned worry lines visible on her face. “What's going on?

“You got hit by a car Mimi? I frowned a little trying to hide the tears forming in my eyes

Mimi: I did?

Me: Yea, do you remember anything?

Mimi: not really, I remember getting a text from Henry to come meet in out front, which was unusual because he always comes inside. I got out and searched around but couldn't find him and then there was a car....and...and

She winced in pain trying to recall and she held her head

Me: it's okay, you're fine now

Mimi: I got into an accident (frowning, then her eyes widened) how's the baby? (She touched her stomach) is it fine?....

Henry.....she trailed looking over us

She smiled and we turned to see Henry, with an unreadable face but it faltered and he smiled a little and went to hold her hand

Henry: hey, how are you feeling?

Mimi: been better (smiling) how's the baby? Is it fine?

His face contoured to a sad one and I turned away from the scene burying my head in Evans's chest while he wrapped his hands around me

Henry: I'm so sorry sweetheart

Mimi: what?

Henry: you lost it. I'm so sorry baby

I turned back to them and saw that he was trying so hard to fight the tears but she sniffled and I heard whimpering and she broke down in his hands while he stroked her head continuously fighting back his own tears

I left Evans's hands and ran out the hospital hallway. I stopped when I was out enough and glad no one came after me. I slumped down, my entire body vibrating with each sob. My phone buzzed in my pocket. With blurry eyes I checked the caller id and it was unknown. I swiped and pressed the phone to my hear

“Hello Lizzy, a female voice came up but I was to tired to decipher whose

“Who's this, I tiredly let out

“Funny you should ask, I could feel her smirk from the other end. How's your friend? Sorry that had to happen to her but I told you I was gonna make your life miserable. Since I couldn't with you, I decided on those closest to you. And if you still don't wanna pay heed to my warnings, she laughed menancingly. I hate to say it but, that isn't gonna be the end and she hung up

The phone fell off my now shaking hands and unto the ground as my throat went dry. the tears burning in me eyes. “It's all my fault” I muttered......

3 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:05am On Apr 06, 2017
princesshansy:
This mimi sef..... *sadist*

Dear Lord.....

Really?......
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:06am On Apr 06, 2017
wizsolzy:
This is d part I don't like about love...Hw can u use somebody for eight years.. Eight years...And Evans came back n u left just like dat... George move on naaaa abeg..

Your meme is so funny
Re: Love Really Is Strange by yusufibrahim(m): 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
Give story ma'am it practically glue me to my device that I have no eye for anything else I. Must commend ur writing skills.......... But this lizzy I don't like her keeping things to herself not good at all..... More grace to u ma'am

2 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 11:10am On Apr 08, 2017
yusufibrahim:
Give story ma'am it practically glue me to my device that I have no eye for anything else I. Must commend ur writing skills.......... But this lizzy I don't like her keeping things to herself not good at all..... More grace to u ma'am

Thank you
Re: Love Really Is Strange by EvaJael(f): 12:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
Liz is suffering really bad. Lilyjoe567,I'm still with u o...u may not see me for a while but when I'm back I'll continue from where I stopped

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

The Village Girl / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! / Secrets Of the gods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.