Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,453 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Love Really Is Strange - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Really Is Strange (109160 Views)

15 Strange And Scary Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know / The Strange Woman In My Matrimonial Bed / Nairaland Book Of The Month- Strange Encounters By Akposb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 1:22pm On Apr 08, 2017
“Hey baby? Are you okay? I was startled out of my thoughts and I got up swiftly from my crouched position and wiped my tears away my back still at him. He held my shoulders and turned me to face him but I bent my head unable to look him in the eyes cause I didn't want to see it. If I saw his eyes, it will break my all over again.

“Please look at me” He raised my chin to look at him but I shook my head disapprovingly

“I can't, I croaked, feeling the burning sensation in my eyes

“Baby please, I know you're hurting but you have to look at me. I'm here for you, you can't bear it all alone

My body shook with sobs and I pushed him away from me, looking up to face him now, the tears pouring freely down my cheek.

“I can't do this anymore, I can't.... I muttered

Evans: what are you talking about?(he frowned a little) are we still talking about Mimi? Cause I think she'll be fine

Me: No! You don't get, and you never will. It's all my fault my bestfriend is in there( I pointed towards her ward) and now she's lost the best thing that happened to her. I can't bear to put her in more danger than I already have don't you get?

Evans: What are you talking about? It was an accident, it's no one's fault but some reckless driver's

I shook my head vigorously feeling the tears roll down like a waterfall down my chin

Me: no, it is, you won't understand and you won't

Evans: then make me understand, please, we're in this together....remember

Me: No, I can't

I sobbed more, the words of Janet playing back in my head over and over again “I decided on the ones closest to you, since I can't seem to get to you” I shook my head trying to shake it off but it kept playing over and over. “ I can't.... I can't.... I muttered holding my head. Evans must have been really worried cause he rushed and grabbed me but I pushed him away staring him down and I saw the flash of hurt past his eyes but it was soon clouded with worry

Evans: Lizzy, please talk to me, you're making me really anxious here

Me: I can't (I sniffled, wiping my tears with my palm) I can't put any one else in danger especially you, cause I don't think I can leave with myself. So I have to do this

Evans: What?

He frowned a little, confusion evident in his features

Me: I think we need we break up

I breathed out. His face had different emotions swimming in it, but the one of sadness almost too transparent

Evans: W...wh....what, what are you talking about

He stuttered staring intensely at me

Me: We need to break up

I repeated, fighting the tears welling up in my eyes

Evans: Why? (he half yelled)

Me: cause I need it right now

I lied, if anything, I needed him the most right now, cause he is the one that can keep me sane at this moment. But I need to keep him safe. I need to keep them all safe

Evans: Okay, you're not thinking straight, and it's cause of the accident, I get it, so let's just, relax and talk this through

Me: No, ( I shook my head) there's nothing to talk through, I've already made up my mind

He ruffled his hair with his hands clearly frustrated with my behaviour now

Evans: where the héll is this coming from Lizzy? Just few hours ago, you promised I'd never lose you, and now you're breaking up with me?

He queried staring down at me. But I broke down into less subtly sobs than I was doing earlier which made him falter.

“Look, He sighed and breathed out. “I know something is going on with you, so if you'd just tell me, so we can sort it out together....Please, he pleaded holding my both shoulders down, staring intently at hoping to get a breakthrough and I almost gave in for a second there, but shook it off all too soon and pushed him away lightly

Me: I can't ( I let out lowly) I'm sorry

I turned away from him and we remained in mutual silence. “Its for the best, no one else needs to get hurt” I kept chanting in my head

Minutes later later, I heard angry footsteps padding down the hallway. I turned around and he was no longer there. I guess he left, I closed my eyes soaking it all in. My bestfriend's hurt and I had to break up with him. This is so not fair.... I muttered wiping the tears away from my eyes now pooling on spot where I crouched down

I went in later on to the ward Mimi is in after wiping my tears but unable to get the redness away from my eyes.

“Hey, how are you feeling? I held her hands and surprisingly, she looked better and smiled a little

Mimi: I'm gonna be okay

She turned to Henry and he smiled and nodded

Me: that's better

I smiled. “Everything will be fine” I squeezed her hands gently and she nodded

Mimi: but, where's Evans?

She looked around, noticing he didn't walk in with me

Me: oh, something came up and he had to leave. He said to say sorry and that he'll see you later

Mimi: okay (nodding)

Henry: Ummm Lizzy?

Me: yea? (turning to him)

Henry: Is it okay if she come stay with me for a while, until she fully recovers that is

I turned to my best friend and saw her eyes fluttering shut,drained of energy. The injuries and cuts on her face still fresh, and I turned to him and nodded

Me: yea, that'd be nice. I'm sure she needs it too

He came closer and pulled me in for a hug

Henry: you're gonna be okay right?

Me: I will be (I nodded over his shoulders). Take care of her okay?

Henry: I will

He pulled away to look at me and smiled reassuringly

Stephanie's Phone rang and she answered. After she hung up, she turned to us

“That was work guys, I forgot I had an appointment and the person's has been waiting for me. I'm so sorry. But I can cancel....

“No, no, you go, we'll be fine, I cut her off

Stephanie: are you sure?

Me: yea. Now go, don't wanna keep them waiting longer than you already have

I smiled, assuring her and she came and hugged me and then Henry, squeezed Mimi's hand gently and left after saying “goodbye"

Henry: I think you should go too. You need the rest. She'll be fine

Me: are you gonna be okay with her?

I questioned feeling uneasy

Henry: yea, I'll assign a nurse to her, and I'll make sure to check on her always. She'll be fine Lizzy

Me: okay. Call me when she wakes up, okay?

Henry: I will

I left the hospital feeling hollow and empty on the inside. I headed straight home with one thing alone in mind. “Just to be able to get through the day”.....

5 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 1:26pm On Apr 08, 2017
EvaJael:
Liz is suffering really bad. Lilyjoe567,I'm still with u o...u may not see me for a while but when I'm back I'll continue from where I stopped

No problem....
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2017
I opened my door, got in and headed straight to the kitchen and saw the batter I mixed on the ground. I dropped it immediately I heard the news.

I bent to pick it up and clear up the now sticky mess, but felt myself unable to get up and the tears welling up, causing a burning sensation in my eyes as my thought trailed to earlier.....

“So how about we go see a movie”..... he pulled be closer to him and our both our bodies flushed together and he put his arm around my waist gently pressing butterfly kisses down my neck

“I...I... I stuttered biting down on my lower lip to stop the moan

“Or we could just stay here and do other things”.... he trailed, placing more wet kisses down my neck earning a moan from me

“I see, we're going for the second option he snickered and I pulled away from him and he had a confused look on his face which turned to a smirk almost immediately

“So, room it is then he smirked even more causing to roll my eyes dramatically, like I didn't like the idea he was giving

“No, I'm hungry I turned to walk away

“Okay then, restaurant it is he clapped. I turned to him, a coy smile tugging

“I was hoping a home cooked meal”, I walked up to him, placing my hands round his neck. I gave him a passionate kiss, smiled and bit down on his lower lip and tracing my hands teasingly down his shirt to his lower abdomen. I withdrew to look him in the eyes and smiled mentally from the reaction I got. “And we could do something else later” I whispered in his ears brushing my lips purposely on his earlobe and a moan escaped his lips. I turned to face him biting my bottom lip seductively

“Just say the word and it's done, he rushed, his eyes now filled with lust

“So, I was thinking something really sweet, like honey, pineapple, sugar and syrup all mixed into one, kind of sweet, I batted my lashes seductively, enjoying this way too much

“Are you pregnant?” he questioned, looking a bit serious but then smirked

“What? I asked, confused by his question

“I heard, when a lady gets pregnant, she gets all sorts of crazy cravings. So, I'm just wondering he added looking down at my stomach

“I'm not pregnant” I gritted out. “I'm gonna be in the kitchen. I pulled free from him and turned on my way

“I love you, he yelled out and I could sense the smirk in his tone. I scoffed and disappeared into the kitchen.....

A tear rolled down my cheek and into the batter. I snifled and got up,wiping the tears away, I threw the batter into the sink, suddenly not in the mood to clean up anymore. I grabbed a snack instead and a big bowl of ice cream from the fridge, glad Mimi developed ice cream craving and started stocking the freezer with it

I made my way to the sitting room, took a dvd, inserted it in and plopped on the couch lazily, picked my bowl of ice cream and scooped a spoonful in my mouth not minding the brain freeze I got, actually welcoming it. Maybe if my brain froze it will eventually numb out my heart and I'd stop feeling like my heart got run over by a truck. But that was too far fetched, when the voice over of Hazel Grace came up after the opening credits.

The fault in our stars.... not sure why I picked this particular movie, but I guess I needed an excuse to cry and the movie felt like the perfect excuse

I scooped another spoonful as it melted in my tongue, now getting used to the coldness

A knock sounded, causing me to groan. I put my bowl down, pressed pause and went to check who was at the door but was shocked when I saw George at the standing by the door smiling, like we didn't have a fight hours ago

George: Hi.....

Me: Hi

George: Can I come in?

Me: sure

I moved aside letting him in. I have nothing to lose anyway, except my mind that is

He got in and sat on the couch seeing my bowl of ice cream and my snack

George: you having a party?

He questioned turning to me as I went to picked the bowl up and pressed play in my movie not minding why he's here anymore

Me: Nah,I'm just having a mental breakdown and feel like drowning out my sorrows, and what better way to do that than watching an emotional movie about cancer and a bowl of this

I raised the bowl up for emphasis, lowered it and took another scoop, cringing from the coldness

Geroge: It's all my fault, isn't it?

His head fell

Me: On the contrary actually. My best friend is in the hospital, probably in pain and I broke up with my boyfriend. So, it's not....

George: What?

His head shot up immediately staring at me as if for more clarification

Me: I think I'm gonna need something stronger

I got up and headed for the fridge, ignoring his inquisitive eyes. I came back holding a red wine with two glasses. I popped it open, poured a glass for myself and then for him. “Cheers” I raised my glass up, eyeing for him to take his while he sat staring a bit confused and worriedly at me. He finally took it and our both glasses clanked. I downed it in one go cringing from the hot trail that followed from my throat down to my stomach while he looked at me flustered

George: Are you okay Lizzy?

Me: Of course, why wouldn't I be?

I poured another glass and downed it, liking the feeling I was getting from it. This is gonna be good,alchohol makes everything better..... I muttered, and was about pouring another glass but was stopped when George took away the bottle from my hands

George: I think you've had enough.....

5 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by babyface224(f): 10:12am On Apr 11, 2017
Omg...am so loving these story. thumps up. i can't wait for d next update...plus, Lizzy should better open up n stop blaming herself everytime
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2017
babyface224:
Omg...am so loving these story. thumps up. i can't wait for d next update...plus, Lizzy should better open up n stop blaming herself everytime

Thanks

The update will come soon
Re: Love Really Is Strange by prisiliveth: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2017
Lizzy always feels she can makes things right all by herself, I don't like her character jare

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by BlissfulJeff(m): 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2017
interesting...

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by wizsolzy(m): 6:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ooooopppppp. If George no dagger dis girl eehh undecided I go vex for u well well.. After eight if na test make my guy test abeg Even if na two minutes abeg.. cry

#team_george

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 7:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
Sorry I haven't been updating regularly. I'm working on clearance and NYSC stuff....really stressful stuff by the way. My school can frustrate someone's life like kilode.......

I scowled and looked up to him throwing him a dirty look. He should know better than to take a girls alcohol from her

Me: I can very much assure you that I'm not drunk enough ( I gritted out) so please give it back

George: What is going on with you Lizzy.... Are you okay?

He looked up to me worriedly

Me: Just peachy. Now give me back my bottle

I replied stretching my hand towards him, covering my sad demeanour with a killer scowl. George noticing my attitude, stared for a while before handing over the bottle to me

“Thanks, I replied with a plastic smile then poured myself another round and gulped it down still cringing from the effect I was getting I my stomach and now my entire being. I placed the glass down now feeling a bit dizzy. I was never a drinker. I looked up to George who had a sad/pitiful look on his face

Me: Don't look at me like that

George: like how?

Me: like it's your fault

George: it is my fault. You broke up with your boyfriend cause of me

Me: No actually it isn't. And you've got to stop saying that. You're not the problem. You're actually the opposite. You're just one of many mess ups and I just want a time alone and you're here being you like nothing happened hours ago between us and I'm just so not... I paused when I felt the welling up in my eyes and I bent my instinctly to hide the tears

I blinked the tears away, sniffled and looked back at him

Me: Why are you here George?

He stared back at me clearly distraught and my mental breakdown not helping in any way

George: I came to check up on you, and even apologize...

“No, no, I cut him off. You're not supposed to apologize, you're supposed to hate me. I gazed down at the table before us, not wanting to look at him anymore.

“You're supposed to not want to see me anymore, I sniffled, trying to blink the tears away but failing. I'm a horrible person and I don't deserve your care. I'm a horrible bítch and I....I.... I trailed unable to get the right words to describe myself now

“No you're not, he raised my chin up to look at him. I shook my head and averted my gaze

“I am and you know it. You're this nice guy that any girl would kill for. Yea you're mom's a bit crazy but, you're nice, caring, affectionate, loving, and any girl would've jumped right at you happily, but I'm the crazy bítch who has less affection than a dead goldfish. I couldn't even reciprocate your love my body shook from my silent sobs and I felt the wine now working it's magic

“I know” was the reply that came. I whipped my head up immediately, not minding the tears trailing down

Me: What?

George: I know you weren't in love with me. Not the way I wanted anyway, but at least you had love for me and I was happy. And you loved, actually do have love in you. But it wasn't for me

Me: you knew?

More tears trailed down and my vision of him got a bit blurry. But I could make out his nodding

George: you remember when we met in school?

Me: yea?

I croaked, the sobs now clogging my throat

George: and you remember how you told me off when I wanted to return your purse

I nodded instead, now feeling the inability to utter another word

George: I wanted to actually talk you, always wanted too. You were this quiet girl that always kept to herself and very beautiful, and I was intrigued. I thought to use your lost but found purse to get to you but you snapped instead and I found myself even more interested even when I knew you had a boyfriend.(he looked up to me to see if I was listening, and I was, drunk but still listening) then you apologized later on and I used the opportunity to get to have lunch with you. Later on I heard you're boyfriend dumped you and left, and it kinda made me happy, I know it shouldn't have but it did, cause then I thought I might have a chance even if it meant being just friends. And as time went on I fell deeply in love with you as we became close, but I was scared to tell you as I thought you wouldn't feel same way but was glad when you said yes to being my girlfriend. When I finally asked. I thought maybe you'd fall in love with me with time but you never did. You tried, you loved me and I was very happy for that, but you were never in love with me. It had always been him....

He trailed, looking away seemingly sad and I was weeping uncontrollably. He came closer and wiped tears away with his thumb, smiling a little at me

George: But you know the best part?

I shook my head slowly

George: I got to love you, and that's okay for me

Hearing that, I broke down and started crying openly and bitterly. He came and pulled me in for a comforting hug but my cry didn't stop, but got intensified instead while he rubbed circles round my back and made sshhing sounds and saying comforting words to me

Me: I tried, I croaked, and I almost convinced myself that I did at some point, but I was wrong,I couldn't. I thought something was wrong with me I sniffled, more tears trailing down my cheeks, wetting his shirt but I couldn't help it

George: Nothing was wrong with you, we just weren't the right fit for each other

Me: I'm so sorry (I pulled away to look at him) I'm really, really sorry. You must have hated and blamed me

George: you shouldn't be. I wanted to, but I couldn't

Me: I'm a horrible person (I muttered under my breath) I broke up with him and I didn't even tell him why. I can't even tell him why( I corrected)

George: You know, I had a girlfriend

I looked up, more shocked than stunned

George: she was really nice, she was everything I wanted in a woman, beauty, brains, good heart and loving. She told me she loved me and I couldn't say it back because I met you the day before, and I thought I wanted you back even after we broke up. I got greedy and thought I could have you again. But then I lost her cause she said I was still hooked to my ex, and she was right. I lost the best thing that happened to me after you, and I didn't even realise it until now. Don't make the same mistake I did

Me: But I don't wanna hurt him. I want to protect him

George: But you're already hurting him and yourself too

Me: You don't understand. No one will

George: then make me understand Liz, at least let me in. I can help if only....

“Janet's gonna hurt him, she's gonna hurt everyone I love” I cut him off, fresh tears now trailing down my cheek as I stared intently at the half empty bottle......

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 7:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
wizsolzy:
Ooooopppppp. If George no dagger dis girl eehh undecided I go vex for u well well.. After eight if na test make my guy test abeg Even if na two minutes abeg.. cry

#team_george

Lol
Re: Love Really Is Strange by wizsolzy(m): 7:53pm On Apr 12, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Lol

I yaf said my mind

Re: Love Really Is Strange by yusufibrahim(m): 8:38am On Apr 13, 2017
wizsolzy:

I yaf said my mind
oga wizsolzy wetin u wan make him taste another man something haba.... That he no good o.... Wat of all the current him self the tap he no do...... Nice work anty Lilyjoe more grace to u.. No worry na so clearance the be the want u to go through the last face of school stress na the end be that na enjoyment go follow am.
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:35am On Apr 13, 2017
yusufibrahim:
oga wizsolzy wetin u wan make him taste another man something haba.... That he no good o.... Wat of all the current him self the tap he no do...... Nice work anty Lilyjoe more grace to u.. No worry na so clearance the be the want u to go through the last face of school stress na the end be that na enjoyment go follow am.

Thanks a alot
Re: Love Really Is Strange by wizsolzy(m): 12:10pm On Apr 13, 2017
yusufibrahim:

Wat r u even saying ... When d ode of a guy called Evans left for the past eight years​ was it not George dat HV been taking care of her...Dem stamp Evans name for Lizzy forehead?

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by wizsolzy(m): 12:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Thanks a alot

Wat r you​ thanking him for

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2017
wizsolzy:

Wat r you​ thanking him for

Cause he said not to worry and something nice about my clearance situation.

Why are you so angry?
Re: Love Really Is Strange by wizsolzy(m): 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Cause he said not to worry and something nice about my clearance situation.

Why are you so angry?

About d clearance..No frofrem...

But about Liz being another man's property..We HV big frofrem there fa...I disagree walai talai

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 2:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
I woke up to a killer headache with my head throbbing like it's gonna explode. I groaned holding my head in my hands. Glancing up I caught George looking down at me and I did a double take my head shooting up fully, staring at him intently

Me: wh..what..what are you doing here?

I stuttered regretting whipping my head up too quickly. Groaning more I tried getting up but quickly sat back down

Evans: take it easy will you, you had a lot to drink last night

Then it hit me, I drank quite a lot last night. I became self concious, did I say something, do something I shouldn't have?. How did I even get into bed. Oh my God, this is so not good, I stressed pulling on my hair. As if noticing my confusion

“I brought you in when you passed out in the living room last night” he spoke out blowing out air, nothing happened

“Oh..I...I... I stuttered awkwardly. Mentally cursing myself for blanking out after drinking, I tried hard to say something but my hand went straight to my mouth as I felt a gag coming on and my legs carried me straight to the toilet as I emptied out my bowels. After I'd thrown up pretty much everything in my stomach, I got up from bent position, wiped my mouth and flushed before stepping out feeling the ache coming on full force now. I groaned out and saw George holding out aspirins and a glass of water out to me. I thanked him and downed the pills and went to sit back down

We stayed in an uncomfortable silence before I cleared my throat. “Did I do/say something”? I feared, asking cautiously seeing his stoic expression, But he stood still hands crossed, looking indifferent. Oh I must have done something, I mentally nagged and waited for his outburst but it didn't happen. After staying still a while, he finally cleared his throat

George: Evans came over

My head whipped up immediately and I regretted doing so immediately holding my hand in my hand

George: you were still out and he left after checking up on you

Me: He did?

I sounded out, feeling my voice betraying me by not sounding strong

George: he looked worried Lizzy and a mess. And so do you right now

Me: I'm fine, ( I breathed out blinking away the tears welling up) we broke up, so he doesn't have to worry anymore

George: Why do you do this to yourself? He seemed miserable and so do you and last night was a clear indicator. Why did you break up when you both seem to want each other. I thought you were stronger than that

Me: you wont understand. It's complicated

I muttered wiping away the stray tear that escaped my eyes. I felt him come sit close to me and started robbing circles round my back soothingly

George: What's so complicated? Why won't you just open up?

Me: I can't, I can't put him or anyone else's life in danger, even you right now

George: Is this about Janet?

Me: What? (I looked up at him) how did you? How?

George: you spoke about it last night before you passed out. Why are so scared of her? And who is she?

My mind went into overdrive. This is not happening right now, how can I be so careless. I can't put him also in danger

Me: it's nothing, must have spilled out of my mouth

I lied, hoping he'd drop it

George: Lizzy, I know you're lying. Why won't you just tell me, I want to help if this Janet person is dangerous, please....

Me: it's nothing really, so drop it

I yawned, trying to ward him off. I think I need to sleep it off, I'm really tired. He stared for a while before nodding and left me alone. I sighed and lay back done, feeling all the guilt wash over me. I can't keep pushing them away I muttered, drifting into sleep immediately my head hit the pillows

I got up even more stressed than I was before I slept. I picked my phone up and saw missed calls from Henry

I called immediately and after three rings he answered and his voice came up

Henry: Hi Lizzy,how are you?

Me: I'm okay. How's Mimi doing? Is she okay? Does she want me come over?

Henry: Relax Lizzy, she's fine, she was going to talk to you but she's sleeping now

Me: I'm sorry, I missed it

Henry: I get it, you were tired, she understands

Me: thank you Henry

Henry: for what?

Me: for Mimi, for everything

Henry: you don't have to thank me, I love her, I'd do anything for her

It put a smile on my face and we said our goodbyes with him promising to have her call back when she's awake

I got and decided staying home is too depressing and should be out. I freshened up and headed for the café. But my mind was troubled all through, from George's urging to open up an receive help, to Evans and how much I missed him. I decided he needed to know, I couldn't do this anymore. I decided to call him as I was heading to the bus stop at closing hours. I stood by the bus stop waiting for a cab and scrolled down to his number pressing call. After four rings his voice I've missed came up and I found myself unable to utter a single word

“Hello, Lizzy, he tried again, and I stuttered a “Yea” before taking a deep breath.

“Evans, I need to talk to you” I spoke out. I was cut off when a hand enclosed my mouth and nostrils from my back, with a cloth of some kind, making it hard for me to breath

“What was happening? Was I being kidnapped? My brain tried figuring out as I kicked and struggled from the strange grip,but it all turned to mush as I got dizzy and collapsed to a strange hand......

3 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 2:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
wizsolzy:

But about Liz being another man's property..We HV big frofrem there fa...I disagree walai talai

Lol.

Your opinion, so it's welcomed

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by ftosino(m): 6:12pm On Apr 15, 2017
Nice one following you till DA end #winks
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
EVANS POV

“Hello, Lizzy? I called out when she kept mute. I could her her breathing on the other line but not saying anything. It seems it wasn't hard for just be alone, cause God I missed her so much. I know it's just been a day but, I don't think I can take it anymore. I needed to see her, to touch her, to feel her. So I went over to see her this morning but saw him instead. I was so ticked it took me all my will power not to hit him right there and then till he bleeds,but I know it isn't his fault. She was passed out, he said she got drunk. Must have been hard for her. Something's bothering her, something big, but she wouldn't let out. She said she's trying to protect me but I don't need protecting. I want to be the one protecting her. She was supposed to be my responsibility, but alas. I finally got her again, and lost her again. I'm starting to think the universe don't want us together

“Evans, I need to talk to you” she finally spoke out. She called my name, I loved it when she called my name. I waited for her to continue but instead I heard muffled moans.

“Lizzy? I called out, but nothing and the line went dead. I called again but it was switched off now. what was that about? I thought and called again but still nothing. I became worried. Was she still not gonna talk to me? But she called and said she has to talk to me, what does that mean? Frustrated from not getting through to her, I called him instead but he said he hasn't seen or spoken to since morning he left her. Unable to sit still, I drove down to the café but it was locked. I went to her house but she wasn't there and the door was locked. “What the héll? I pulled out my phone once again and tried calling again, but still nothing. I called Henry immediately that I was coming over. I got there and they also hadn't seen her, although he spoke with her earlier on. Angry and frustration clearly visibly in my features, I paced up and down the house not even noticing when Henry came over to me

Henry: I'm sure she's just too distraught cause of the break up. She'll be back man

Me: but that's it, I never wanted to end things with her in the first place. I love her man, so I'm just so angry about the whole break up

“What break up”? Mimi came in from inside, brows furrowed and confusion on her face and clearly waiting for answers

Mimi: what are you guys talking about?

Evans: she doesn't know yet?

I turned to Henry but he shook his head

Mimi: seriously guys, what's happening?

Me: Lizzy and I broke up

I breathed out and turned to her. Her face contoured to even more confusion, with a little bit of sadness in between

Mimi: what do you mean you broke up, and why didn't she tell me?

“Babe, take it easy, you know you're not well” Henry went to hold her but she wriggled free from his hold and walked straight to me.

Mimi: What happened? I thought you guys were happy? What did you to her?

Her face turned angry which made me angry a bit. Why does she think I did something, if anything, it was Lizzy's fault, she called it off

Me: Look, she broke up with me okay? I did nothing wrong, she just ended it

Mimi: what do you mean she just ended it? Is she okay? Oh my God I need to talk to her. I can't believe I didn't know she is suffering alone

Me: That's another thing. She's nowhere to be found. I've gone to the café, her house, even called George but nothing. Can't seem to get to her

Mimi: What? But I saw her yesterday

She frowned and started hyperventilating. I guess it was wrong on my part to break a bad news to someone who is still recovering from an accident.

“Babe? She was caught immediately by Henry when it seemed she was about collapsing but she didn't stop. He passed her to me immediately and ran in and I was on the verge of panicking. He came out seconds later with a first aid box, took out a syringe and a tiny bottle, not sure what was written on it and now wasn't the time to check as he was the doctor and her boyfriend as well, he seemed to know what he was doing. He injected her with the substance from the bottle and seconds later, she passed out in my arms. He took her from me and went to lay her down. Few minutes later he walked back to the living room

Me: Is she going to be okay?

Henry: Yea, she was just having a panic attack,so I gave her a sedative. she's going to be fine. ( he raised his head to look at me) but you don't look fine. Lizzy will be back okay? She just needs space.

Me: but there's something else

He raised his brow as if waiting for me to continue

Me: she called me this evening. She said she wanted to tell me something but then her line went dead. That's when I started looking for her

Henry: I guess it was too much for her to handle (he sighed) Don't worry, we'll find her,(he patted my back) let's just wait till tomorrow, if still no sign of her, then we'll alert the police

I nodded and heaved a breath. That sounds reassuring.

Me: okay the, I have to go

I turned to leave but he stopped me

Henry: are you sure you can drive this night? You seem distorted, you can stay over

Me: i'll be fine Henry

I turned to leave his house “And when she wakes up” I turned back to him, “tell her I'm sorry, I wish it never happened”. He nodded and I left his house

The next morning we were all gathered at the café, though the workers didn't know about her where abouts, we tried to keep her disappearance discreet and business was going on as usual

Princess: so where could she be? Is there any place she could have gone to?

She turned to Mimi and we all did, but she shook her head. She seemed a bit calm this morning, though still looked very worried

Mimi: None that I know of. She's not even at my parent's

Stephanie: What about her parents? Her family?

Mimi: she has none. I'm all she's got

The group went calm and gloomy. Only I and Mimi knew she hasn't got any family, and they didn't, and hearing it again made my heart clench and I bent my head trying to calm myself down, and from my peripheral vision I could see Mimi's eyes watering, and she turned to Henry's shoulders, who was trying to comfort her

Princess: so what do we do now?

Henry: I guess, we just have to wait till the end of the day, if she still doesn't make any contact, then we alert the police

I didn't like the idea, because I knew something must be wrong. She wasn't the type to go AWOL, and last night's incident was a clear indicator that something was very wrong, but there was nothing we could do but wait and hope.

We were all still seated and calm, no one uttering a word and Mimi silently sobbing in Henry's arm, him trying his best to comfort her, when George walked in. Seeing him made me even angry that he was with her when she needed comforting but I wasn't but I clenched my hands and remained at my spot

George: Any news guys?

He came to sit with us. The group shook their heads, with gloomy faces, looking as if the they were mourning, and who could blame them, she's grown on them. I know I'm just holding it in cause there's nothing we could do?

Princess: but did she seem like she was sad, or panicked? How could she just disappear just like that, without telling anyone?

And just then George's brows furrowed, and he raised his head and turned to us

George: Do you guys know who Janet is?........

3 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2017
ftosino:
Nice one following you till DA end #winks

smiley Thanchu
Re: Love Really Is Strange by yusufibrahim(m): 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2017
wizsolzy:

why u go disagree him Don marry her ni moreover he even acknowledge that he knows she does not love him but she been with him or rather been friends with her is OK with that..... And that bro is called true love. And true love does not demand or take wats is not meant for it
Re: Love Really Is Strange by wizsolzy(m): 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
yusufibrahim:
why u go disagree him Don marry her ni moreover he even acknowledge that he knows she does not love him but she been with him or rather been friends with her is OK with that..... And that bro is called true love. And true love does not demand or take wats is not meant for it

Hmmm abeg ee

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Nifeola: 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
Chai! Oya continue now
Re: Love Really Is Strange by kweenie: 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
oya continue o loving this story gidigan

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 8:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
I'm so sorry guys for the hold up. It's just good ole laziness taking full effect

I promise to update soon enough

I'm really glad you guys are still following this story. I really appreciate it
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 8:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nifeola:
Chai! Oya continue now

I will...pretty soon
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Abbydammy1(f): 3:10pm On Apr 20, 2017
interesting story.... More ink to your pen. More Updates pls
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 4:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
I schrunched my eyes and opened it a bit to slowly taking in the dark environment. I tried getting up, but a sudden pain emanating from my wrist area restricted me. After futile attempts from breaking free, I realised the ropes bounding my arms and legs were too difficult to break lose from.

What the héll is going on? Where I'm I? I tried sitting up and and actually succeeded. I looked around,but I was in some sort of a dark room and judging from the room's temperature, I'm guessing the room isn't that small but does seem vacant as my voice was echoing as I called out

“Hello? I tried again but not one sound was heard except mine. This is not good, I thought and tried with the ropes again but it felt futile. Okay, this is so not good, even if I'm being kidnapped, isn't there supposed to be someone to interrogate? At least that's what I remembered from my kidnap. Inhaling a foreign smell and passing out in. Strangers arm.

How long have I been here for? “Hello? I tried yelling again and just then I heard the door creak and someone walked in, and it just proves my theory that, the place is indeed vacant or abandoned and might be very old as well

I craned my eyes, a bit used to the dark environment to make out the person that just walked in, but the foot steps stopped and no noise was heard

“Who's there? I tried, wanting to hear the strangers voice for recognition of some sort, but the person gave no reply but resumed his walking. I felt my heart now hammering in my chest for fear of the unknown. What if he wants to kill me or even rape me.

“He”, because from the steps being taken, it didn't seem like a female's.

The walking came to a halt right in front of me and my breathing seized as well

“Well, well, you finally woke up, a gruff voice echoed

“Wh..what do you want from me? How long have I been out for? I stuttered, my voice coming out low and vulnerable than intended, my breathing coming out slowly as well

He laughed menacingly and I could feel the venom in his voice causing me to shudder in fear

“It's been exactly twenty-four hours you've been out, for starters he huffed. And for your first question? I personally want nothing from, he lowered himself to my sitting position, “But you see, my boss for some reason does, so that's why you're here, he heaved himself up and I could tell cause his breaths weren't fanning my face anymore. I let out a breath I never knew I was holding

“Are you going to kill me? The foot steps walking away stopped and his voice came back up

“Why would I kill you? When I have no grudge against you? He questioned, more of a statement than a question. But he did have a point, he doesn't really care about me, so why would he want to kill me?

“So if you don't want to kill me, why I'm I here? It's not like I'm rich or anything, why does your boss want me? I questioned not knowing where the sudden confidence was coming from, but glad it did anyway

“Like I said lady, he spoke out a little bit irritated now, I don't know,and honestly don't care, so if you'd keep your questions to yourself, it'd be really appreciated he turned on heels and soon after, the door opened and banged close with brute force causing me to shudder

“What the héll is this place and why I'm I here" I grumbled and so did my stomach. I've been out for two days now, and didn't occur to them that I'd eat? “What would Mimi be thinking? Is she okay? What about the group and George, even Evans... My heart ached from the thoughts and I lay back down my eyes watering as I drifted off to sleep.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 4:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
Abbydammy1:
interesting story.... More ink to your pen. More Updates pls

Thank you
Re: Love Really Is Strange by BlissfulJeff(m): 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
nice update.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

The Village Girl / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! / Secrets Of the gods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.