Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal (21348 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 11:51am On Nov 30, 2016
availableisme:

Very deep post and very revealing. Every single point here is totally true. When you have nihilistic roots you are not only suicidal but can easily take as many as possible along with you in death. They do not care about life so have nothing to live for really. Reminds me of a certain Grizzly somebody who is also an atheist!
100% correct.

please, extend this to any atheist you know. especially the fact that atheism renders life meaningless. NO atom of sense of life. someone may be saved from this delusion once and for all.

operation wipe out foolishness.
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by JackBizzle: 11:52am On Nov 30, 2016
promisechuks:

not only do I wonder.

I marvel and tremble.

Bros, leave that thing.

I know your secret
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 11:53am On Nov 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Apparently , you don't understand .

He ran an Asperger's Quotient test on his top ranked blog and the outcome revealed that atheists are very much likely to have problematic behaviors .
point.
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 11:55am On Nov 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

Bros, leave that thing.
I know your secret
grin
oya come and hardmirror me with another lie
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 11:57am On Nov 30, 2016
availableisme:

Even if the report came from CNN you would still say CNN is not reliable which goes to buttress the point that Atheists love living a lie. And lies are inherently self destructive and at a point you would be pressured so much with all the lies you would crack (become depressed and suicidal). Self denial is not a good meal to eat everyday.
someone has learnt them well.

well done.
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by MrMontella(m): 11:57am On Nov 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

He who dwelleth under the sea.
He is also known as the drowned God.

GOT don finish una grin grin grin
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 11:58am On Nov 30, 2016
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by hopefulLandlord: 11:59am On Nov 30, 2016
MrMontella:
GOT don finish una grin grin grin
who be your favourite character?
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
this malaria of atheism needs to be cured once and for all.
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2016
jonbellion:
Wow
Athiests must have really has an effect on these people
Apparently it's obvious most of them didn't know what the term was till nairaland
In other news this piece of crap is two hours and ten minutes of my time I'm not getting back angry
condolence consolation noted.

sorry, atheism is dead and buried. so we are cleansing NL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by MrMontella(m): 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Jon snow...the bastard cheesy he and the mother of dragons..equal likeness
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by Urahara2: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
promisechuks:

grin

Why u laffing na grin tongue grin
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by hopefulLandlord: 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2016
^^^^^

Theism is dying a slow but sure death

there was a time that it was hard to see more than 2 atheist related topic on the first page of the religion section and that's even rare

now we have almost 90% of it atheist related, yet its dead and by buried?

are you having a laugh? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by hopefulLandlord: 12:08pm On Nov 30, 2016
MrMontella:

Jon snow...the bastard cheesy
he and the mother of dragons..equal likeness

Na Brienne of Tarth be my own o!

and Cersei Lannister, present Lord of the seven kingdoms
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by Urahara2: 12:09pm On Nov 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Khaleesi , the mother of dragons , my sweet heart , and then the imp
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

lmaoooo

That Exodus thread grin grin grin

The guy just exposed himself grin

Your abounding evidence being the opinion of one theologian? who was trying to explain WHY there wasnt any concrete evidence?...............................
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 12:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
availableisme:

This is the point of the OP.

The foundation of atheism is Denial! Denial of Higher powers and authorities! Denial of their very existence! DENIAL OF THEIR PURPOSE ! Denial of how they came to exist and like that Grizzly atheist says, "He is a product of chance and nothing else". So no purpose means no reason to live.

Everything around you appears bleak and meaningless and also a product of random chance so at the end of the day you see yourself as a being who exists simply because you want to exist for yourself alone. Here comes greed, selfishness, desire to harm others without regard, sadism, and all these breed depression.

Basically you do not care about anything anymore. Its a slow process but the results are often always the same and one day you just want to take something that would help deal with the depression, The more you take it the more depressed you feel so you up the dose and end up Overdosing and dead.

Others take the faster way out and one shot is all it takes or they decide not to go alone since nothing matters so they decide to poison others or shoot others knowing they would be killed in the process just like the Last Ohio college killings of which the mass shooter was an atheist.

SO MUCH POINT.

You struck your point in a single statement.

"DENIAL OF THEIR PURPOSE"

senselessness + purposelessness + meaninglessness = void = nothingness = atheism.

you see the relationship?
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by felixomor: 12:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

He who dwelleth under the sea.

He is also known as the drowned God.

So, return to him.

But wait is that why it seems your reasoning is watery?

Just asking. cool
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
felixomor:

So, return to him.
But wait is that why it seems your reasoning is watery?
Just asking. cool
please easy.
pity him small.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by Urahara2: 12:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
^^^^^

there was a time that it was hard to see more than 2 atheist related topic on the first page of the religion section and that's even rare

are you having a laugh? cheesy

The funny thing is that its even the theists that seem to be focusing all their lives energy on attacking atheism thereby making it more popular .

No xtian sef uses nairaland to evangelise again sef.

Atheism ti take over , bibeli ko jawo mo grin grin cheesy
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 12:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
Urahara2:

Urahara2:

Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by felixomor: 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
dblackninja:

So assuming there're bible evidences, examining them requires a good brain...doctrinated Christian brain?? ...who decided not to give others such good brain?

Or rather, why some people allowed their minds to be brainwashed by atheist priests and demons masquerading as free thinkers?

Well, it was because they needed a pseudo comfort zone for their sins.

Next!
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
^^^^^

are you having a laugh? cheesy cheesy

huh?

negodu this kind of person.

tell me more.
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by hopefulLandlord: 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
Urahara2:

The funny thing is that its even the theists that seem to be focusing all their lives energy on attacking atheism thereby making it more popular .

No xtian sef uses nairaland to evangelise again sef.

Atheism ti take over , bibeli ko jawo mo grin grin cheesy

to be fair, there are Christians who use it to evangelise

you have Jiggaz, Sonofthunder, Olaadegbu, Gboyee4fun etc who do evangelise very well and avoid atheists if they can help it

its just that these other Christian apologists are here to attack atheism not preach the gospel
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by MrMontella(m): 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
jonbellion:
Lol first post got me laughing though I assume these people are the ambassadors of "logic" and "reasoning"
is that all?
Biko gently swerve.
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by MrMontella(m): 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Na Brienne of Tarth be my own o!
and Cersei Lannister, present Lord of the seven kingdoms
cersei...that python! Brienne be like man! gringringrin
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2016
availableisme:

Lack of seriousness and inability to focus on real issues seems to be a burden too heavy for you to bear.
you saw that with me.
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
availableisme:

Let me show you this

Young Swiss men who say that they believe in God are less likely to smoke cigarettes or pot or take ecstasy pills than Swiss men of the same age group who describe themselves as atheists. Belief is a protective factor against addictive behaviour. This is the conclusion reached by a study funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.

Karl Marx said that religion was the opium of the people. New figures now suggest that religion plays a role in preventing substance misuse. A research team led by Gerhard Gmel from Lausanne University Hospital has shown in the journal Substance Use & Misuse that, in Switzerland, fewer religious young men consume addictive substances than men of their age group who are agnostics or atheists.

At the army recruitment centre For their study on substance use in Switzerland, Gmel and his colleagues interviewed almost twenty-year-old men at army recruitment centres in Lausanne, Windisch and Mels between August 2010 and November 2011. The researchers have now evaluated the 5387 questionnaires completed by the young men. Based on the responses, the scientists split the young men into five groups: the "religious" believe in God and attend church services, the "spiritual" believe in a higher power, but do not practice any religion, the "unsure" do not know what to believe about God, the "agnostics" assume that no-one can know whether there is a God or not, and the "atheists" do not believe in God.

The researchers found that these groups deal differently with addictive substances. Among the 543 religious young men, 30% smoked cigarettes daily, 20% smoked pot more than once a week and less than 1% had consumed ecstasy or cocaine in the past year. Among the 1650 atheists, 51% smoked cigarettes, 36% smoked pot more than once a week, 6% had consumed ecstasy and 5% cocaine in the past year. The three groups that lay between these extremes were in the mid-range both regarding their religious beliefs and the consumption of addictive substances.

A protective influence For Gmel, these figures indicate that research into addictive behaviour should not only consider risk factors, but also protective factors. The results of his study show that belief is a protective factor when it comes to the consumption of addictive substances. Whether the differences between the groups can be attributed to the ethical values of the young men or to social control in the environments in which they live, remains unanswered.
thanks a lot.

you did your homework very well.
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by hopefulLandlord: 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
MrMontella:

cersei...that python!
Brienne be like man! gringringrin

I like Brienne's Loyalty and dedication and I somehow like Lena Headey's job in Terminator: Sara Connor Chronicles and this "like" spilled over into her GOT character "Cersei"
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
Urahara2:

It is really funny how you are speaking for atheists.you are so obdurate about your belief that atheists are always depressed and a danger to themselves and society .

We just dey look una grin
but that's true naaa lol
Re: An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal by promisechuks: 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I like Brienne's Loyalty and dedication and I somehow like Lena Headey's job in Terminator: Sara Connor Chronicles and this "like" spilled over into her GOT character "Cersei"

please can you guys behave yourselves and stop derailing the thread??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Video : Black Magic Or Science ? Can You Explain This ? / TB Joshua: SCOAN Worshippers Celebrate Founder’s First Memorial, Legacies. / Man Dies As Bulletproof Charm Fails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.