Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? (2508 Views)

8 Things Ladies Need To Fix Before A Responsible Man Can Marry Them / What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? / What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by deeplo(m): 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2009
What does it mean to be Being Responsible?

Have always try to understand what it mean for a man to be
responsible. And after due consultation, it was widely believe especially
in our society
that a responsible man is he who is married and willing to spend his
earning on family and probably develop and enlarge it coast
. Married i must emphasize, and largely this is due to the fact
that he now has someone whom he must constantly spend on and perhaps
look after.
Despite, the fact that he must have been taking care of his parent,
young ones and others that needed help in one way or the other.

The question is, if you are not married does that mean you are not
responsible in any way?

so what does it take or mean for one to be responsible
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 09, 2009
A responsible man is one who doesnt go about chasing anything with a skirt and lipstick, has a job and good potential for the future and unselfish.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by iice(f): 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2009
Someone who handles his/her bizness.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by Ben13: 5:12pm On Nov 09, 2009
A responsible man is one who is not irresponsible undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by nana(f): 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2009
Someone who does mistakes and learns from 'em
Someone who takes responsibilities for his actions

Someone who hmmm. . brb
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by Godmother(f): 5:16pm On Nov 09, 2009
The defination you just gave is what society expects of a man who has reached a certain age.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 09, 2009
@poster
everyone can tell you what is their views of responsibility, and guess what?! they might all have a different answer.
responsibility has absolutely nothing to do with marriage because if it had then all men before marriage would be irresponsible and therefore not fit to marry.
also it is safe to say that there are MANY irresponsible married people out there.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by Igwe9(m): 11:53pm On Nov 09, 2009
responsible man to me is a man who takes up his responsibility lol
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by deeplo(m): 9:36am On Nov 10, 2009
i want to give a vivid reason why i post this. Am self employed young man of 33yrs old with houses and cars. My family members and some other people think am not responsible by not getting married. despite the fact that many of them benefit from my largese. If they want to see my children i think they should just go ahead and say so, but naming someone as irresponsible based of that is really unthinkable, but if am wrong please kindly enlight me. thank u
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2009
deeplo:

i want to give a vivid reason why i post this. Am self employed young man of 33yrs old with houses and cars. My family members and some other people think am not responsible by not getting married. despite the fact that many of them benefit from my largese. If they want to see my children i think they should just go ahead and say so, but naming someone as irresponsible based of that is really unthinkable, but if am wrong please kindly enlight me. thank u

i would say that if at 33yrs old you cannot make your own judgment about what is right or wrong for you then you might be irresponsible.
since its your life, then make your own choices (and live by them) and stop caring about what others think or say about you (even if they are family)
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by deeplo(m): 9:20am On Nov 11, 2009
To the best of my knowledge i dont think being responsible has to do with your status. i mean either you're single or not. Marriage is an institution where you neither graduate nor get applause for. It has nothing to do with your level of education, opulence, background or social status but more important on God grace. so MRbrownJAY u dont need to throw stones when you live in a glass house. All i ask for is people's  "Perception" to what being irresponsible is and not abuse. thank u
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 11, 2009
lol. . . see the ladies and their selfish deifinitions. . . grin
i bet you some girls would even define a responsible man as one who knows when to take em shopping grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2009
deeplo:

To the best of my knowledge i dont think being responsible has to do with your status. i mean either you're single or not. Marriage is an institution where you neither graduate nor get applause for. It has nothing to do with your level of education, opulence, background or social status but more important on God grace. so MRbrownJAY u dont need to throw stones when you live in a glass house. All i ask for is people's "Perception" to what being irresponsible is and not abuse. thank u

sorry to have hurt your feeling. . . . . . . . let me rephrase that then:
as an adult man, you probably should know what your responsibilities are and what it takes to be responsible. if you dont then maybe you should listen to friends and family.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by alacrity007: 10:04am On Feb 06, 2012
[color=#770077][/color] when u respond positively to ur fields, u r responsible
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 06, 2012
If u display maturity and handle every matter with common sense u are responsible
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by tpia5: 11:47am On Feb 06, 2012
Marital status has nothing to do with being responsible.

There are responsible single men and irresponsible married men.

It all depends on your character and outlook.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Being Responsible? by queensmith: 12:00pm On Feb 06, 2012
^^ definitely

@op a responsible person is one that can look after himself/herself.

Everything else is just an additional. Someone who is responsible will handle those as well.

A responsible president looks after his/her country.

Not everything is about money, marriage or family.

(1) (Reply)

Do U Think I Made D Right Decision? / Naija Babes Una Forming Don Too Much Sef / To Every Nigerian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.