Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu (58114 Views)

Dino Melaye And Remi Tinubu In Red & White Dresses At Senate On Valentine's Day / Lagos PDP Lawmakers Who Decamped To APC Visit Tinubu In His Ikoyi Home (Photo) / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Phrankin(m): 11:34am On Dec 01, 2016
Opakan2:

Don't mind the man.. I suspect his wife has hand in this

Igbos are just pained yorubas no longer care about what they want.. That era of nonsense hiding under southern unity has gone

I as a yoruba man will pick aliance with a Northerner over Easterner cos of their treacherous and greedy lifestlye.. self centered people who never think of or assist others
Their APGA party is a living proof.. no outsider can become party leader, reason why it didn't grow
Wow! I can see how the current alliance with the north is favouring you and your champion of "restrategising", the jagagban of western nigeria politics. I heard that he is "restrategising" to pick atiku for 2019 hahaha. They'd fvck him again and he will "bounce back" because "the jagagban is not defeated" grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by kryptonian1987(m): 11:37am On Dec 01, 2016
Olu317:
....Call him names,your Own Cup of tea but truth remains. World order cannot be changed. Do I care if you refused to follow orderliness?, I don't. But desist from tainting a name already blessed. Strive hard to even achieve 1% of Tinubu's popularity and achievement ,then I shall doff my hat for you but I doubt it in a whole lifetime of yours if you can...This isn't lecturing but correction. Just try to control a thousand minds if possible,then I will sing your praise but you definitely don't HAVE IT because you are A THIN THINKER and people like you will continue to complain without making a difference within your STREET, talk less your community. Case closed on your matter.

I don't. But desist from tainting a name already blessed.
HAHA!
So Aketi isn't being blessed, that's why you are tainting him, right? I laugh in Yoruba!!!! grin
My guy, stop being hypocritical, cause e no dey help, u hear?! LOLS
A wise man suppose to understand history wella! Tinubu no wise!

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by OAUTemitayo: 11:42am On Dec 01, 2016
chinagorom419:
Seriously I dnt like Tinubu.......but I love his personality and political charisma.......I don't lik d way dis governor talked abt him....its very insulting...tho we dnt hav any god father in the east but d west does..and he is Tinubu...he shld b respected by all yorubers..the hausa are using som yorubers to fight him and they r nt even wise to kw dat....Oohh my lovely East...u can't try such divide and rule mind games with us...I stand with the view of my Mentor Foyose and any yoruber disrespecting Tinibu is not only brainless but stupid...u ppl are claming to b educated but northern illiterates are playin wit ur head
They can't divide you but Ojukwu lost a senatorial election in the East?
How else can they divide you?

4 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by enigmaticmotik(m): 11:43am On Dec 01, 2016
Oxtonguy:
What is akeredolu offense now,some people reason with skin hair. grin

While some are just myopic... In Yoruba land u don't insult your elders/leaders (Obas of then which can make them kill u immediately) while honoring outsiders because they've seen you as an available tool to use against your leader.
It is indeed an insult to the whole of Yoruba land (omoale excluded)

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by enigmaticmotik(m): 11:43am On Dec 01, 2016
Oxtonguy:
What is akeredolu offense now,some people reason with skin hair. grin

While some are just myopic... In Yoruba land u don't insult your elders/leaders (Obas of then which can make them kill u immediately) while honoring outsiders because they've seen you as an available tool to use against your leader.
It is indeed an insult to the whole of Yoruba land

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 01, 2016
His influence is not reduced in the SW. Point of correction
SillyMods:

I can take side based on the information at my disposal. The same information available to every other Nigerian.

Openly asking for Oyegun to resign was a miscalculation.

Not campaigning or supporting his party in Ondo was a wrong move.

Asking Oke to join AD was anti-party activity.

Instructing his loyalists (Aregbe, Ambode and Ajimobi) not to honor the president's invitation to attend the grand rally to campaign for Akeredola was a step too far. Those three couldn't have taken that decision on their own without his input.

Tinubu may have a good ground to feel bad but cutting off the head is not the solution to a headache.

Now that his influence has greatly been reduced, not only in APC but also in the SW, what more can he do to fight the enemies within in APC?
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by passionate88: 11:49am On Dec 01, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
We warned you people

as you were warned about buhari but you ignored
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by InsaneTamie(m): 11:51am On Dec 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
Chief Rotimi Akeredolu.

It is just too early for you to start this way.

Your explanation is even more of an insult to Tinubu, and those sending you to ridicule him, will leave you out in the cold when it is your time to face the heat.

You are new in Politics, and this is how you want to start?remember there is a reason why Western Politics is called the Wild Wild West Politics, and towing this line will educate you on how that name was gotten.

When Tinubu congratulated you on all National Dailies, he specifically mentioned your name and wished you well. The path you are towing, is exactly why i do not like Lawyers, who for some strange reasons think they are smarter than everybody, with their knack for twisting the English Language.

You refused to mention his name, and as a man own up to it, instead of trying to twist words. Chief Rotimi Akeredolu, if i were you, i will quickly close rank with the Tinubu faction of the APC because as they say, Politics is local.

When the time comes, Oyegun will not leave Benin to come to the West or Buhari the North for you.

If I could give you one thousand likes for this post, it still won't be enough. Very intelligent.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by OAUTemitayo: 11:52am On Dec 01, 2016
passionate88:

as you were warned about buhari but you ignored
Same way we warned you people on Biafra war

4 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by chinagorom419: 11:53am On Dec 01, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
They can't divide you but Ojukwu lost a senatorial election in the East?
How else can they divide you?

Foool...who told u ojukwu contested for senaatorial position....illiterate goat...check ur fact before telling everybody how ignorant u are...

....Also your hero Chief Jeremiah Awolowo contested election in 1979 and 1983 under UPN, do i need to remind you the outcome? He (a senior lawyer) was defeated by a primary school teacher, Shehu Shagari. Awo failed woefully in d west
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by enigmaticmotik(m): 11:54am On Dec 01, 2016
Oxtonguy:
Thank you jo my brother I don't understand why some people seem to be worshipping tinubu

Where have seen people idolising him or making supplications to him I don't want to sound tribalistic, but I doubt u have any respect for your leaders (that is even if u acknowledge them in the first place). #ProudlyYoruba

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by OnPointMan(m): 11:56am On Dec 01, 2016
Oyinda32:

Can you please tell us any of the National Dailes that reported that Tinubu told Oke to join AD?

I didn't want to comment before but the dumbness of this question forced me. Are you still sucking ur mummy's breast cos u reason like a toddler

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by degamemaster(m): 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
In other words, he was saying jagagban is inconsequential and he's not more important than other staunch APSHIT CRIMINALS. Na woah, why are newly recruited polithievecians trying to undermine the older ones? I guess the old ones have lust relevance or been used and dumped. ;DIn other words, he was saying jagagban is inconsequential and he's not more important than other staunch APSHIT CRIMINALS. Na woah, why are newly recruited polithievecians trying to undermine the older ones? I guess the old ones have lust relevance or been used and dumped.

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Reference(m): 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
Is there anything that has changed......
Said about Nigeria, politics, the ruling APC and the powerful godfathers.....
Now you know who owns this country and why Nigeria is the way it is....

Am I shocked that hitherto diehard PMB supporters are now caling him names....because of things like these......no...
just a repitition of what was, what is and what shall continue to be.....

Change the game, not the players, restructure Nigeria NOW!!!
If not there is practically nothing to say on this forum because everything has been said, again and again and again and again.....round and round and round we go. Movement....no motion, no progress....
so bye till the next eclipse of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by hosex(m): 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hmm.... Am so surprise seein sum pple here spewin trash abt jagaban... Jagaban supportd aketi in 2012 quite alrite buh dnt get it twisted he didnt lose d election due 2 tinubu's support, his defeat was based on personal issues with d ppl of the state. Raging frm his nonchalant attitudes 2ward his own kinsmen nd alot of tns lyk dat.... Anybdy wif good manners knws dat wnt say wat he said.... Fyn, u won 2 election witout tinubu's support buh as a matured human being he sent u a congratulatory text.... Come wat may hes stil d party national leader 4 God sake atleast u nid 2 giv him alitu respect as a yoruba man

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by enigmaticmotik(m): 12:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
Oxtonguy:
A lot of folks are myopic on nairaland,simply tell how akeredolu insulted tinubu Meanwhile tinubu is the childish and clueless person here,just because his own candidate does not emerge he supported a baseless accusation on primary election,and withdrew support for akeredolu even when he is the leader of the party and failed to show face during the consecutive campaign for the candidate,and secretly supported an AD candidate shamelessly in an aim to protect his godfatherism,what childishness is more than that.Even so akeredolu was calm and sangfroid .Akeredolu deserves respect not all this nonsense you and your blind tinubu supporters are saying.AKEREDOLU HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG undecided

In Yoruba land you don't ridicule your father even if he has done something wrong (which he apparently hasn't because the pry was rigged just to wane Tinubu's influence).

Yorubas will say "It is only a shameless person that will say that if a member of his family is ridiculed, he his not ashamed". Yorubas are Yorubas worst enemy (putting another above your own for selfish reasons).

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by teamchocolate: 12:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
You are a very wise man

profmallory:
When you record any form of success, you must thank your friends, but also do not fail to thank your enemies. Both of them contributed to the will, momentum and grace you need to attain such heights. Our Governor has a lot to learn. He should be the bigger man, after all he now has won.

I thank my Uncles Wife so much for all she has done, because without her I would never have learnt early that we are all alone in this world, so you have to carry your cross early smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by CSTR13: 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
The same afonjas foaming at the mouth here and threatening fire and brimestone at the APC, would still go on another thread and shout sai buhari till 2023. cheesy
Such a deluded, unstable people.
Staking on them is foolish like the north have come to realize.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by enigmaticmotik(m): 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Amosun is a big disgrace to Egbaland

Big one 4 dat mata angry angry 2nd only 2 obj
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by CSTR13: 12:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
Good to be back from that lengthy ban enforced by a clueless mod.
Where did i stop? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by OAUTemitayo: 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
chinagorom419:

Foool...who told u ojukwu contested for senaatorial position....illiterate goat...check ur fact before telling everybody how ignorant u are...

....Also your hero Chief Jeremiah Awolowo contested election in 1979 and 1983 under UPN, do i need to remind you the outcome? He (a senior lawyer) was defeated by a primary school teacher, Shehu Shagari. Awo failed woefully in d west
Who defeated Nnamdi Azikwe in same election?
At least Awo won in all Southwestern states.
Your Azikwe came third.

Ojukwu lost all the battles he fought when he was alive.
He lost against Nigerian Armed Forces.
He lost again when he contested the Presidential election under Apga.
He lost again when he battle FFK for the title of the ",Best driller of Bianca"
What a serial loser.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by enigmaticmotik(m): 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
Henrydone:
Pride is before a crash,despite all the measures taken by akeredolu to pacify tinubu after the primary,tinubu went ahead to support his opponent.Now after akeredolu emerged you guys now expect him to thank tinubu is that not madness,some people need sense oo.Akeredolu saying tinubu is a special member of the party is not even necessary

Not to insult you... You really don't understand power moves undecided al dis politicians do

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Seanjay(m): 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
SillyMods:

I can take side based on the information at my disposal. The same information available to every other Nigerian.

Openly asking for Oyegun to resign was a miscalculation.

Not campaigning or supporting his party in Ondo was a wrong move.

Asking Oke to join AD was anti-party activity.

Instructing his loyalists (Aregbe, Ambode and Ajimobi) not to honor the president's invitation to attend the grand rally to campaign for Akeredola was a step too far. Those three couldn't have taken that decision on their own without his input.

Tinubu may have a good ground to feel bad but cutting off the head is not the solution to a headache.

Now that his influence has greatly been reduced, not only in APC but also in the SW, what more can he do to fight the enemies within in APC?

You want to know what he can do then let's wait till 2019 but believe me Bhari is not going anywhere in 2019 if worse come to worse the presidency will go back to PDP....

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by OAUTemitayo: 12:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
CSTR13:
The same afonjas foaming at the mouth here and threatening fire and brimestone at the APC, would still go on another thread and shout sai buhari till 2023. cheesy
When will you culture some brain particles?
chinagorom419:

CSTR13:
chinagorom419:

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by datribune: 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
SillyMods:
Tinubu brought this on himself.

He's too overbearing and domineering, which if not put under control will cause him more loss of influence.

Can anyone imagine Tinubu romancing with Fayose just because you lost out in Ondo and a few other places!

Well, those the god wants to destroy, he first makes them mad.

Ur hatred 4 Tinubu does not mean u should make things up, especially when u ar not well informed.
U ar quick to assert dat Tinubu is overbearing when u do not hav d full facts or choose to ignore PMB's role in all of these. Buhari even went to d extent of attempting to sow discord between Tinubu & Osinbajo by distorting d true story of how Osinbajo became VP.
Contrary to what he may say, PMB, of all people, seems to be leading disgruntled elements & dissidents against Tinubu. Going forward, we shall see how dat works out 4 him. Tinubu was harassed like no other politician in 2015, wit 24hour surveillance of Bourdillon rd, because d PDP knew dat without Tinubu, PMB stood no chance.
How is Tinubu romancing Fayose, if i may ask?.
Ur assertion dat Tinubu sponsored Oke is just a conjecture. Pls, supply any proof at ur disposal.
Tinubu was right to call Oyegun out, when he went against d agreed decision to hold a re-run after it became clear dat d list of delegates had been tampered with.
Ar u aware dat Tinubu & his man in d primary, initially accepted d outcome until facts emerged dat d delegates list had been tampered with?. Infact, Olusegun Abraham ACTUALLY called to CONGRATULATE d alleged winner.
That is Jagaban for u. To many, Jagaban is not just a man but an ideology.

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by seguno2: 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
SouthWestBlood:
Akeredolu, 4 years will come and APC will be no more by then. Let's see if you will contest under CPC.

Because Tinubu will still be alive in 4 years talk less of being the Asiwaju of Yoruba politics?
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Bimpe29: 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mr Governor-elecet, you must be circumspect with your words. Is more advantageous to make friends than to amass enemies.
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Seanjay(m): 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
devilson:
haha 2019 go sweet die,tinubu Nd aregbesola May likely dump apc,pdp governors from ss Nd se want to leave pdp nd form a party with Apga.
fayose already contemplating not contesting under pdp platform in 2018.
north central want to form a new party.

I hope y''ll can read the writing on the wall.

we are indirectly heading back to regionalism.

tinubu,atiku,peter obi are planning something,even obj said New parties would emerge before 2019.

2019 go sweet die

I tell you my brother Bhari don loose already no matter how much territory he built, I so hate the man for almost 2 years now we can't point anything the man has done he's just a disappointment to Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by OnPointMan(m): 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
hosex:
Hmm.... Am so surprise seein sum pple here spewin trash abt jagaban... Jagaban supportd aketi in 2012 quite alrite buh dnt get it twisted he didnt lose d election due 2 tinubu's support, his defeat was based on personal issues with d ppl of the state. Raging frm his nonchalant attitudes 2ward his own kinsmen nd alot of tns lyk dat.... Anybdy wif good manners knws dat wnt say wat he said.... Fyn, u won 2 election witout tinubu's support buh as a matured human being he sent u a congratulatory text.... Come wat may hes stil d party national leader 4 God sake atleast u nid 2 giv him alitu respect as a yoruba man

How is he the party national leader? How do you praise a man who worked against you? He Akeredolu has even tried to answer the question he was asked as diplomatic as possible.
E ko ila kuro lara eko, eko o kola joo
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by enigmaticmotik(m): 12:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
NDelta4fulani:
Let us stop the self deceit. The real owners of Nigeria have spoken and Aketi did the smart thing by submitting to them. Nigeria was made for the sahelians and they are well pleased with it. I admire the consistency of Tinubu and his loyalists on here. Surely he did and is doing a great job with Lagos. But just like the Lagos and everything else in this nation the true Lords determine what happens.

I've preached this numerous times ; submit and accept the pecuniary benefits of cooperation with the conquerors. It is the only way to progress politically in Nigeria - albeit from a personal POV. Tinubu would go on to be immortal in the SW for standing his ground. However is that worth it ? Not the apotheosis, rather the prospective loss of political capital outside the SW. Please Sir like the Kings of old ; offer your firstborn daughters and turn the other way to the gold. Shut your ears to their cries. For it could be worse.

Yes the bolded part is very true... We are not suppose to be licking the a** of fulanis like akeredolu is angry angry
Not interested in any tribalistic comment that follows

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by OnPointMan(m): 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
hosex:

How is he the party national leader? How do you praise a man who worked against you? He, Akeredolu has even tried to answer the question he was asked as diplomatic as possible.
E ko ila kuro lara eko, eko o kola joo
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by passionate88: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Same way we warned you people on Biafra war

I'm not ipob

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shooting As Soldiers Invade Ateke Tom's Palace (PICS) / Nigerian Troops Nab Boko Haram’s Major Drugs, Logistics Suppliers — Army (Photos / Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.