Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu (58112 Views)

Dino Melaye And Remi Tinubu In Red & White Dresses At Senate On Valentine's Day / Lagos PDP Lawmakers Who Decamped To APC Visit Tinubu In His Ikoyi Home (Photo) / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by chinagorom419: 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Who defeated Nnamdi Azikwe in same election?
At least Awo won in all Southwestern states.
Your Azikwe came third.

Ojukwu lost all the battles he fought when he was alive.
He lost against Nigerian Armed Forces.
He lost again when he contested the Presidential election under Apga.
He lost again when he battle FFK for the title of the ",Best driller of Bianca"
What a serial loser.

Ooh pls leav zik out of dis..he disgrace to igbo..we dnt regard him...
Did I hear u say nigerian armed forces defeated Great Odimegwu Ojukwu (nigerian nightmare).....haha..I laf at ur stupidity..it shld be a shame to u dat only d east fought d entire nigeria and their ussr,usa and britain allies and dealt a great blow ...dat war was fought for 3yrs...even when we the biafrans r using crude armoury...is dat nt a shame to ur expired country?..Ojukwu fought the world...imagine d war was btw your tribe and d rest of d country..u ppl would hav been history by now....we fight because we r Biafrans..blueblooded sturborn tribe...we dare where other tribes can neva dream of....jeolusy is wat is killing u ppl..u guys can't help but wonder how we grow stronger,richer,powerful and wiser even wen little is given to us...and may I remind you.
Ojukwu is our moses..but he is not our joshua...that is if ur empty skull can comprehend that....you descendant of a coward tribe...

3 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Kingbusssy(m): 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
Chief Rotimi Akeredolu.

It is just too early for you to start this way.

Your explanation is even more of an insult to Tinubu, and those sending you to ridicule him, will leave you out in the cold when it is your time to face the heat.

You are new in Politics, and this is how you want to start?remember there is a reason why Western Politics is called the Wild Wild West Politics, and towing this line will educate you on how that name was gotten.

When Tinubu congratulated you on all National Dailies, he specifically mentioned your name and wished you well. The path you are towing, is exactly why i do not like Lawyers, who for some strange reasons think they are smarter than everybody, with their knack for twisting the English Language.

You refused to mention his name, and as a man own up to it, instead of trying to twist words. Chief Rotimi Akeredolu, if i were you, i will quickly close rank with the Tinubu faction of the APC because as they say, Politics is local.

When the time comes, Oyegun will not leave Benin to come to the West or Buhari the North for you.

I Concur

3 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by enigmaticmotik(m): 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
QuotaSystem:

To be honest with you, it's Tinubu that ridiculed himself, not anyone else. Imagine a politician of his calibre in the APC, descending to the level of supporting another party's candidate during the elections for selfish interests...it is simply absurd.

If anyone needs to close ranks, it's Tinubu for betraying his party. In fact an apology from him would not be out of place. This is the simple truth, let's call a spade, a spade.

Good morning.

To apologise to a party that keep undermining his influence after his input into the eventual emergence of their candidate as the president... that is really laughable undecided

7 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by keynesstreet2: 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
Chief Rotimi Akeredolu.

Your explanation is even more of an insult to Tinubu, and those sending you to ridicule him, will leave you out in the cold when it is your time to face the heat.

You are new in Politics, and this is how you want to start?remember there is a reason why Western Politics is called the Wild Wild West Politics, and towing this line will educate you on how that name was gotten.

When Tinubu congratulated you on all National Dailies, he specifically mentioned your name and wished you well. The path you are towing, is exactly why i do not like Lawyers, who for some strange reasons think they are smarter than everybody, with their knack for twisting the English Language.

You refused to mention his name, and as a man own up to it, instead of trying to twist words. Chief Rotimi Akeredolu, if i were you, i will quickly close rank with the Tinubu faction of the APC because as they say, Politics is local.

When the time comes, Oyegun will not leave Benin to come to the West or Buhari the North for you.

Your like were among those saying let see how AKETI will win the election without TUNUBU now God has put you all to Shame including TUNUBU...
So TUNUBU should be greeted specially because he his the king of king in APC. This man just said he can start mentioning names the parties leaders are just too numerous greeting the president and the party chairman extends to are the party leaders... Go better find way of resolving your party problem (PDP) than trying to cause problem in APC...
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Olu317(m): 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
chinagorom419:
Seriously I dnt like Tinubu.......but I love his personality and political charisma.......I don't lik d way dis governor talked abt him....its very insulting...tho we dnt hav any god father in the east but d west does..and he is Tinubu...he shld b respected by all yorubers..the hausa are using som yorubers to fight him and they r nt even wise to kw dat....Oohh my lovely East...u can't try such divide and rule mind games with us...I stand with the view of my Mentor Foyose and any yoruber disrespecting Tinibu is not only brainless but stupid...u ppl are claming to b educated but northern illiterates are playin wit ur head
...I will pardon your ignorance for calling Tinubu “brainless ". However, I will open your eyes to what godfatherism is all about, which had existed during the days of the Levant (Biblical period). The history of the Israelites at one time or the other have always had different leaders occupying different positions. For instance, apart from Moses and Aaron being the core leaders, each group had appointed leader to represent reach tribe of Israel. So how don't you think those leaders were chosen?, the elders system and kingly system, are they not divinely appointed?, So God created leaders for different purposes and true leader has great record before them. Jagaban, if not anything, has produced two governors that has made Lagos which is the toast of Africa what it is today irrespective of the disrespect from some quarters. Whom God has chosen, no man can unmake him. Then coming to your Southeast that you don't even have much knowledge on, they practice godfatherism farther than Yoruba if you doubt. Take the case study of COSCHARIS boss, and CAPITAL OIL boss, where the former accused the latter of not paying back the loan he stood as guarantor for the latter. Do you the case was taken to the elders in the East to resolve the issue? How come you claim you don't have godfathers in the East? ,If there isn't godfatherism in the East, how come Ibos decided to celebrate Ibo day in YORUBA land? you need to use the “GOLDEN THOUGHT" before you posit your view. So, godfather is a form of chosen an arrow head from within the wisest among the leaders( not the best among them all) but to represent the people and who is expected to speak the direction to which the people will go after deeper decision had been made from the caucus . The main 800,000+ voters should be a major concern for the CPC party of Akeredolu in Ondo State .

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by monerozi5590: 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
Chugavey:

Neither Jagaban nor his boys can't do a thing to him... people like OBJ were humbled inside cell not to talk of Jagaban of yesterday.
gagaban of yesterday!..... Mr man don't know shit about history!
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by enigmaticmotik(m): 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
SillyMods:

It's wrong to think the outcome will be same.

OBJ/PDP used crude approach and forced lootocractic regimes on SW which eventually crashed as a result of people getting tired of misgorvernance offered by them.

This time, no crude or massive suppression of people's will which could make people rise against APC. The process that produced Akeredolu was freer, cleaner and more credible. As such, there can't be any sympathetic vote for Tinubu or any party he floats. If anything, SW is becoming tired of his godfatherism politics.

So, don't put your hope so high.

Are you SW and even if u are, u can't speak for the majority

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by enigmaticmotik(m): 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
softwareman:

But Aketi is a product of Godfathering as well. But in 2012 and 2016! Faye I was a product of Godfathering. Fashola was a product of Godfathering.
Obispo was a product of obi,s Godfathering. Obaseki ii is a product of oshiomole Godfathering.

Give it to tinubu Even if you don,t like him:HE CHOOSES VERY QUALITY PEOPLE TO GODFATHER.
But mark my words:Buhari will be the WORST GODFATHER IN NIGERIA,S POLITICAL HISTORY.

On point bro... Let's wait and see if his godfather (Buhari) will stil be influential in SW when his tenure is over

3 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Chiderad(m): 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
devilson:
haha 2019 go sweet die,tinubu Nd aregbesola May likely dump apc,pdp governors from ss Nd se want to leave pdp nd form a party with Apga.
fayose already contemplating not contesting under pdp platform in 2018.
north central want to form a new party.

I hope y''ll can read the writing on the wall.

we are indirectly heading back to regionalism.

tinubu,atiku,peter obi are planning something,even obj said New parties would emerge before 2019.

2019 go sweet die

If the Lord tarries
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Olu317(m): 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
keynesstreet2:

Your like were among those saying let see how AKETI will win the election without TUNUBU now God has put you all to Shame including TUNUBU...
So TUNUBU should be greeted specially because he his the king of king in APC. This man just said he can start mentioning names the parties leaders are just too numerous greeting the president and the party chairman extends to are the party leaders... Go better find way of resolving your party problem (PDP) than trying to cause problem in APC...
...AKETI is not a wise YORUBA man for single-handedly insulting wisdom and Woe to that kingdom whose king is a “BABY". This is a man that doesn't have a good “Speech Writers ",by saying he won't probe Mimiko. This is another BLUNDER of the highest order. “There is GOLDEN in silence ". Is BUHARI the Leader of CPC or APC? . The agenda of CPC has destroyed the NAIRA against the DOLLARS so APC Is a party that has programmed its own downfall . As clear as Crystal

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by kunle4toyeyaho: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
In as much as I don’t agree with Tinubu on most issues, I stand by him on his position on Ondo State APC matter. What is an offence in asking the leadership of the Party to uphold a rule created by it ?Over 200 fake delegates’ names were inserted in the list of delegates from the National Secretariat of the party, the Party’s appeal committee confirmed the process that led to Aketi’s emergence was a fraud & recommended cancellation. Would Akeredolu have agreed with the process ,if he had not been the beneficiary ? My questions to Oyegun are :
Why did he wave aside the recommendation of appeal panel that the primary election should be cancelled? Why did he wave aside the voting decision of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party that recommended cancellation of the election particularly when 6 out of 11 present voted in support of cancellation ?Why didn’t he notify other NWC members of his intention to submit Aketi’s name to INEC even when the last prayer of the meeting had not been said ?Why didn’t he respond to Tinubu’s letter immediately until he visited Aso rock to solicit PMB’s support ? it is because APC has won the election, that’s why many people are not looking at the gravity of injustice done to other contestants by Oyegun ?Whether now or in future , the hierarchy of the party would know Tinubu meant well by asking Oyegun to be fair to other contestants through the process created by it.PMB however was very partial in the way he handled the matter.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by enigmaticmotik(m): 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
softwareman:

Did you just state Aketi is independent? I am rolling on the floor laughing.
Aketi cannot win anything with out A GODFATHER.. Buhari AND the north is Aketi,s God Father.
I SUPPOSE THAT IS ALRIGHT.

Don't mind them... Supporting a FulaniFatherism ova a YorubaFatherism is a sordid act

3 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by chinagorom419: 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
Olu317:
...I will pardon your ignorance for calling Tinubu “brainless ". However, I will open your eyes to what godfatherism is all about, which had existed during the days of the Levant (Biblical period). The history of the Israelites at one time or the other have always had different leaders occupying different positions. For instance, apart from Moses and Aaron being the core leaders, each group had appointed leader to represent reach tribe of Israel. So how don't you think those leaders were chosen?, the elders system and kingly system, are they not divinely appointed?, So God created leaders for different purposes and true leader has great record before them. Jagaban, if not anything, has produced two governors that has made Lagos which is the toast of Africa what it is today irrespective of the disrespect from some quarters. Whom God has chosen, no man can unmake him. Then coming to your Southeast that you don't even have much knowledge on, they practice godfatherism farther than Yoruba if you doubt. Take the case study of COSCHARIS boss, and CAPITAL OIL boss, where the former accused the latter of not paying back the loan he stood as guarantor for the latter. Do you the case was taken to the elders in the East to resolve the issue? How come you claim you don't have godfathers in the East? ,If there isn't godfatherism in the East, how come Ibos decided to celebrate Ibo day in YORUBA land? you need to use the “GOLDEN THOUGHT" before you posit your view. So, godfather is a form of chosen an arrow head from within the wisest among the leaders( not the best among them all) but to represent the people and who is expected to speak the direction to which the people will go after deeper decision had been made from the caucus . The main 800,000+ voters should be a major concern for the CPC party of Akeredolu in Ondo State .

Olu..I shld b d one to pardon ur ignorance...pls read my writeup again and apologise to me

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Olu317(m): 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2016
enigmaticmotik:

On point bro... Let's wait and see if his godfather (Buhari) will stil be influential in SW when his tenure is over
Let them wail bro, let them wail . They will seek 1% of Tinubu's fame and achievement and not get it. Buhari will fail in SW. The people he chose to work with can't hold their own in their community. talk less of a whole local government. The might of CPC ( claiming APC) has been tested in Ondo state and BUHARI will bite his finger and see Yoruba as who we are when time comes . Their problem will soon start when Akeredolu has come to say, he isnt probing Mimiko. What a different view from Mr. President perspective because he enjoys using witch hunt to distract the citizens, all in the name of anti corruption, while Modu Sheriff(creator of Boko Haram) stole Billions from Borno state government account but EFCC won't arrest him because he is an in-law of the president Buhari O' Fulani and their antics.Yoruba are their envy from time immemorial. On the divinely chosen Tinubu I stand.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by lakesidepapa(m): 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
Chief Rotimi Akeredolu.

I tap from ur Wisdom

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by enigmaticmotik(m): 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
SillyMods:

I never said there won't be godfatherism in our politics any longer. I just informed you people are getting tired of it in the SW.
Have you asked yourself what could make all those Tinubu's boys of yesterday become his political enemies today?
You don't think overbearing and domineering tendency of Tinubu on Fashola, Fayemi, Akeredolu, and a few others is bad?

No doubt he discovers quality personality but he must check his own excesses too.

What do you think could have happened btw him and Ambode if the later refused to represent him at a function just about two months into his governorship? Was it right for a sitting governor to represent any otger person in a state no matter how influential the person is?
I have nothing against Tinubu except that he overestimates his influence and power.

**The bolded part** They are sycophants, just doing things now to secure favor from the sitting president

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Olu317(m): 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
SillyMods:

Your claim that your belief is higher than my school of thought is laughable.

Anyway, time will tell if Tinubu has made a serious error of judgment or not. But I am sure his influence in APC and SW has largely been diminished with Akeredolu's win in Ondo.
iiii repeat again again, you are ignorant of Yoruba Race and know nothing about Ondo state politics. There hadn't been any time Tinubu's candidate has won Ondo state governorship position . The closest was some few months back (Segun Abraham) when people like Fashola and Fayemi etc did government MAGIC !!!. So if you know nothing about politics of Yoruba but opinion, keep to it and read history on Yoruba politics under Awolowo... Go and study and stop reading a book like 48 laws of power I read more than 15 years ago .This book teaches nothing close to proper understanding of dynamic and uniqueness of different people and how they can be understood to even think of ruling them.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by enigmaticmotik(m): 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
SillyMods:

My tribe desn't matter in this issue. But if it helps calm your nerves, I am omo Yoruba.

It doesn't help calm any nerve but rather baffling lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Olu317(m): 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
enigmaticmotik:

**The bolded part** They are sycophants, just doing things now to secure favor from the sitting president
..Sycophants, that's exactly who they are and they can't stand the test of time. Can Fashola led someone like me?,practically impossible. These elements just think betraying their leader is the order rising to the top. I am sorry for Fashola and Fayemi, because posterity will judge them. A lot of people who are absolutely dumb and unschooled thought Jagaban will just wake up and impose a candidate, little do they know. How I wish some of them are well studious and follow the tenacity of Yoruba politics but will not. Do they think these new rebels in Yoruba land, can they visit all Yoruba obas of class and they will be welcome as these Obas shows love towards Tinubu?, Their down fall is going to be as the lightning show forth its thundering and seizes, so shall they reign shortly and be relegated to the background.TINUBU stood absolutely behind MKO Abiola till death. Some people here who don't have knowledge of MKO Abiola should just go back to school and read before commenting erroneously on matter they have no knowledge on once it is a Yoruba Race's issue.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by atiku07(m): 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
Now pride comes b4 a fall lol. Aketi u think u have it all now right? Hope u really know how to dance cause u will definitely dance to de beats comming out of ur drum. U simply forgot how this same Tinubu finaced u in 2012 wen ur supposed electoral value was next to nothing. However do not forget u are a mere governor and so fallible o! Baba Tinubu has been in this game long b4 u so do not ssee ur self as master o! Cause when push comes to shove u will still need this same man ask those who u think are supporting u today they have all gone through de political dexerity of Asiwaju from Buhari to Fashola to Fayemi please i will advise u thread with caution and watch statements that comes out of ur mouth o! Dat is why i like fashola never in agreement with Asiwaju but always know when to shut up

3 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by somadinho10: 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
highrise07:
...this meme is epic
;lol
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by jaafree: 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
That's one thing I learned from yoruba ppl, they can never scrapped God-fatherism out of their mind, must he mentioned tinubu Am sorry to say but I guess that's why they were left behind #truth bitter sha

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by SillyMods: 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
enigmaticmotik:

They mostly fell out before they became ministers under Buhari.

Try harder. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Aristo3146(m): 2:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
Chief Rotimi Akeredolu.

Young man...who told you godfatherism will never end in Nigerian politics if you want to take Tinubu as your Demigod go ahead...its not everybody that will want to be enslaved by so called political godfathers...this guy is taking a step towards a right direction...watch and see the outcome...

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Chugavey(m): 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
monerozi5590:
gagaban of yesterday!..... Mr man don't know shit about history!

I repeat, if Jagaban makes pim. Na cell e go c himself. Who's Tinubu compared to OBJ in Nig politics? Even Buhari don taste prison. In short he should do poo nd watch the way Daura President go use am shine.

NB: it's Jagaban I'm talking about, like you rightly said, I don't know poo about gagaban's history.
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by softwareman(m): 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
omomummy13:
The heart of MAN is filled with pure evil.

His domineering attitude saved buhari from Atiku during the presidential primaries.

His domineering attitude saved oyegun from Tom Ikimi. Tinubu spent his time & money to install oyegun as party chairman.

Without his foresight & sacrifice, PDP will still be in power today and probably forever since Nigeria would have turned to a one party state.

Tinubu staked his life for APC to be in government. Where was this demented Akeredolu then? See him now reaping where he did not sow plus the effrontery to insult the goose who laid the golden egg. Ah, God Almighty will judge you all.

Without his domineering attitude, Amosun wouldn't have been picked the first time. Name them, fayemi, fashola, ajimobi and a whole lot more are big men today because of Tinubu's domineering attitude.

What then is ya'll problem? The Fulani's are invading the SW and our very own people, brought up by Tinubu are at the fore front of humiliating him. No worries, PDP did the same thing to their founding fathers and today they are in opposition.

History shows that all traitors in Yoruba land ends with ignominy. I know Aketi is anxious to impress his new Masters ( this is what cheap opportunists do) but hew
ADVISE FOR TINUBU: Please sit back, relax and see where they will all end up. It's clear the evil in man is at play. Watch your back.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by HungerBAD: 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
omomummy13:
The heart of MAN is filled with pure evil.

His domineering attitude saved buhari from Atiku during the presidential primaries.

His domineering attitude saved oyegun from Tom Ikimi. Tinubu spent his time & money to install oyegun as party chairman.

Without his foresight & sacrifice, PDP will still be in power today and probably forever since Nigeria would have turned to a one party state.

Tinubu staked his life for APC to be in government. Where was this demented Akeredolu then? See him now reaping where he did not sow plus the effrontery to insult the goose who laid the golden egg. Ah, God Almighty will judge you all.

Without his domineering attitude, Amosun wouldn't have been picked the first time. Name them, fayemi, fashola, ajimobi and a whole lot more are big men today because of Tinubu's domineering attitude.

What then is ya'll problem? The Fulani's are invading the SW and our very own people, brought up by Tinubu are at the fore front of humiliating him. No worries, PDP did the same thing to their founding fathers and today they are in opposition.

ADVISE FOR TINUBU: Please sit back, relax and see where they will all end up. It's clear the evil in man is at play. Watch your back.

Deep.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by DonXavi(m): 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
W
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by Usniya: 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
Akeredolu is just myopic of wat true politics is, if u believed had no hand in ur emergence as standard bearer of APC and now elected governor, let's c how far u go in d near future.
Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by aresssa: 4:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
kunle4toyeyaho:
In as much as I don’t agree with Tinubu on most issues, I stand by him on his position on Ondo State APC matter. What is an offence in asking the leadership of the Party to uphold a rule created by it ?Over 200 fake delegates’ names were inserted in the list of delegates from the National Secretariat of the party, the Party’s appeal committee confirmed the process that led to Aketi’s emergence was a fraud & recommended cancellation. Would Akeredolu have agreed with the process ,if he had not been the beneficiary ? My questions to Oyegun are :
Why did he wave aside the recommendation of appeal panel that the primary election should be cancelled? Why did he wave aside the voting decision of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party that recommended cancellation of the election particularly when 6 out of 11 present voted in support of cancellation ?Why didn’t he notify other NWC members of his intention to submit Aketi’s name to INEC even when the last prayer of the meeting had not been said ?Why didn’t he respond to Tinubu’s letter immediately until he visited Aso rock to solicit PMB’s support ? it is because APC has won the election, that’s why many people are not looking at the gravity of injustice done to other contestants by Oyegun ?Whether now or in future , the hierarchy of the party would know Tinubu meant well by asking Oyegun to be fair to other contestants through the process created by it.PMB however was very partial in the way he handled the matter.

Even within the APC and the so called progressive party, crookedness and lawlessness is still a way of life.

How do you openly violate your own rules, ignore and set aside conclusions and recommendations by your own legally constituted party working committee?

I'm sure Tinubu himself is now looking at the party he worked so hard to create with serious progressive ideals as another Nigerian corrupt, lawless and bogus entity.

PMB definitely was not partial because being partial means demanding that party rules and committees must be respected and followed. The fact that PMB supported such injustice and gross disregard of stated rules and party recommendations stinks and calls into question his own sense of justice, honesty, truthfulness and party unity, a thoughtless and selfish move designed to create disunity and lack of trust across the party. This move creates mistrust and questions the party's integrity and leadership.

Just imagine the Akeredolu man feeling emboldened and openly insulting Tinubu of all people and the rest of the SW?

This move reminds me of the laughable PDP 16 is greater than 19 governor's forum election joke which ultimately led to the beginning of the end of the PDP with Amaechi and others leaving the PDP and the PDP ultimately losing the election in 2015. The APC is doing the same thing and I see the APC crumbling from here on just like the PDP back then..

1 Like

Re: Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
Politics is an innate culture to Yoruba, second to our nature. Aimed at winning our focus become so caustic that we become like the proverbial aguntan whose hunger for sweet flowers is an instinctive passion that blinds him, under impulse he marches all over the pile of fine china ahead and causes destruction and loss.

Why do we find it so easy, at the meet of a human barrier in our political stride, to change loyalty? Stories abound all over Yorubaland, and in every state, of political candidates that shifted loyalty from their platform to opposition because of what they thought is an easy path around obstacles blocking them from victory. With so many jumps inbetween the loosing party and the gaining party end up in competition for winning offices, rathern than serving the people. This is why Yorubaland is not moving forward with ideas and political supremacy, in spite of the many assets and infrastuctures to our credit. We are simply not commanding the political landscape in tune with our social values.

We need a critical review of events leading to loss of Ilorin. How and why did communication between Alaafin and Afonja break down? If we can begin to manage communication between conflict points we should get a good result in unification of purpose and vision and thus mitigate painful and irreversible losses.

On the ongoing issue with Tinubu the underlying problem has to do with concessions.

No doubt we have had many great leaders in Yorubaland, Tinubu leadership comes with a new flavour that matches nicely into the challenges of modern Nigeria. The single challenge facing Nigerian ethnics is self-preservation. Any region that refuses to nurture and manage its domain with strategic policies for sustainability will end up in a struggle to save it from ruin and neglect. Today in Nigeria Yorubaland is an exception to the overall ruin and neglect witnessed in other regions. This is made so courtesy of Tinubu and his graduating corps of administrators. His vision is to produce a cadre of public administrators deployed in abundance across Yorubaland to mirror and achieve in their own states what he achieved for Lagos. These administrators in turn become mentors like him to raise their own sets of managers to help build and sustain our urbane culture and values.

Under ACN, an incoming governor meets the outgoing, they shake right hands, the outgoing stretches out his left hand and passes the "blueprint" to the incoming. The transition is complete, simple! No administrator comes into office twiddling thumb wondering where to begin....its contained in the blueprint. He adds his own in the course of accumulating exposure and strength. When he leaves the blueprint he passes on is more enriched with Best Practices than the one he inherits.

Another part of Tinubu's vision is tenure. Four years is insufficient amount of time for a governor to exercise and deliver on the principles we Yorubas hold dear in our society, each governor is therefore strenghtened by the party to serve an eight year full term. The exception has been Fayemi. He took his eyes off the ball.

In discussions leading to the merger of ACN with other parties into APC Tinubu got far more concessions than others because ACN was the only party in the alliance with the broadest ruling power and acceptance. In terms of delivery his voting bloc has the brightest opportunity to change destiny. Most of those concessions were geared towards protectivism for West. Tinubus forehead would almost touch his knees when he bowed to Buhari....but when the meeting ended himself and Baba Akande left with pockets overflowing in political goodies.

Tinubu had to relinquish some of these priviledges when it became expedient to do so. For instance in the absorption of renegade PDP governors and senators that crossed and came to APC. He had to ask some of his stewards to yield state leadership and allow the incoming PDP governor senator to take leadership. This was not the plan going in but this is the strategy of changing destiny. Kwara state, Kogi state, Adamawa state and Kano state were badly impacted by this decision. Tinubu showed flexibility in leadership.

In the APC primary, held in Lagos, Tinubu was able to win some more concessions for Yoruba states.

The CPC wing of APC did not believe Buhari could win after trying and failing for a decade and a half. Buhari himself did not believe in a win and was more fortified with plans for break down of law and order than he was of a plan to rule the country. This laxity in strategy and confidence was exposed in his wobbly decisions after taking office. In that interim CPC came to realization that they came out short in the negotiation for merger and also in primary. The Yorubas are sitting on a administration that was won by North. So they plotted to chip away at the Yoruba advantages.

The Saraki/Ekweremadu and Dogara/Lasun caught the President by surprise but not Tinubu. He knew where that enemy came from...CPC.

Then he was betrayed again in Kogi election. He had intended to reward in Kogi those who stood by APC when PDP deserters were brought in to head leadership. So he felt bad that one after the other his words and promises to loyalists are not holding because a new column inside the party was undermining him.

The Northerners were the first to cry out that Buhari was being manipulated. Then his wife cried out.

In Ondo, primary was rigged in favor of Akeredolu. The party's own BoT looked into the issue and agreed and obtained commitments from party chairman, Oyegun and the candidates to redo primary. Oyegun then came out, in disregard for his own BoT to say there will not be another primary and Akeredolu is the party candidate. Im not sure Oyegun gave thought into the consequences of that action. Tinubu was furious! Beside the damage done by Oyegun's action, Ondo is Yoruba state. This is his concession. Why are they robbing him of agreements commited to at the merger and the primary?

Fayemi and Fashola on their end are reacting to pressures. Northerners have sent letters to Buhari to call Fayemi to order. He is accused of stepping over civil servants of Northern background to put his Yoruba people in lucrative positions. This is not true but its a strategic pressure point to give the apperance of incompetence and then an imminent loss of his job. In reaction he allies with the Abuja group to pacify their fears.

Fashola has also heard from the Northerners who highlited that they have the largest land area and thus highest need for electricity and they are not sure he can meet their needs. In other words, your are a minister of power for the southern states. Isnt that crazy? To make their claim a reality they went ahead and contracted GE to build five feeders for power generation and distribution in North. Where will the money from?
Remember VAT and NE Recovery and Development fand?

So Fayemi and Fashola are only acting in self preservation...but how about the VP who remains steadfastly with Tinubu? Like Aisha Buhari, the VP is on the ground to see what is happening in the Presidency. He sees it all, and steers clear of it. He was not appointed, he was voted in and his job is statutorily protected. He can tell the columnists to fvk off if he chooses and thrre is nothing they can do to his job. Fayemi and Fashola were appointed and can be fired....moreover, they are not in Aso Rock to witness the maneuvres but they understand why and where the Northern pressure on them is coming from.

There is nothing in the Presidency for Tinubu to loose, its not his administration....but there is plenty for him to loose in Yoruba States. So I say to my fellow Yorubas, those cheering and jubilating Tinubu loss and his humiliatiin, you are jubilating loss and humiliation of Yoruba states. Our states collectively are a higher political heirarchy than any individual component state or administration and far above status of Tinubu, Akeredolu, Fashola, Fayemi or Buhari.

This id not Abuja vs Lagos, this is not Tinubu vs Akeredolu or Buhari.....this is CPC vs ACN and their intent to weaken our political gains, a calculation into permanence and complete eradication of any idea or agenda championed by Yoruba to restructure Nigeria.

Take heed and stop feeding an imaginary battle line within. The true battle line is outside and from North.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shooting As Soldiers Invade Ateke Tom's Palace (PICS) / Nigerian Troops Nab Boko Haram’s Major Drugs, Logistics Suppliers — Army (Photos / Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.