Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,918 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95167 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by kellorah: 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2009
Currently reading Hideaway by Dean Koontz and I'm 'bout to throw it in the bin! angry
Has anyone read it? Will it eventually get interesting?

[2nd Dean Koontz book I've been disappointed in. Usually when I pick one of his books I don't wanna drop it]
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by bashybabe(f): 12:55am On Aug 28, 2009
the house by danielle stelle wow it so interesting though d title is somhow not wat d book its a romance novel dat will keep u glued 4rm d strt 2 finish wink

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Tatase(f): 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2009
Re-reading:
A Good Indian Wife by Anne Cherian

Also reading:
Play Dirty by Sandra Brown
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:13am On Aug 29, 2009
I just finished reading Rememberance by Danielle Steele last nite.

I'll be starting on Jeffrey Archer's False Impressions today.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Epi: 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2009
the rose that grew from concrete- by tupac a shakur
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 29, 2009
The Good Guy. . .Dean Koontz
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by kellorah: 9:42pm On Aug 29, 2009
That book is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!! ^^^ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Basheerat(f): 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2009
The Joys of Motherhood by: Buchi Emecheta.
the novel is very sadinteresting and full of Mother's feeling for her children
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tianshie(m): 2:41pm On Aug 31, 2009
Signet Classic Book of American Short Stories. . . Burton Raffel
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by eldee(m): 2:26pm On Sep 01, 2009
Basheerat:

The Joys of Motherhood by: Buchi Emecheta.
the novel is very sadinteresting and full of Mother's feeling for her children
I can't read that . . .
I've read bout four other books by this author but I have this strange hatred for books I had to read in school grin grin
All I did was read every summary I could get my hands one

Second Class Citizen is another good one . . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:30pm On Sep 01, 2009
The (((SATANIC BIBLE)))- please go get your copy now!!.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by semid4lyfe(m): 8:35pm On Sep 01, 2009
The best novel to come out of Africa - 'Things Fall Apart' by Chinua Achebe.

This should be the 5th time I'm reading it.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nezed(f): 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2009
THE JANSON DIRECTIVE By Ludlum

The Brethren by John Grisham
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2009
kellorah:

Currently reading Hideaway by Dean Koontz and I'm 'bout to throw it in the bin! angry
Has anyone read it? Will it eventually get interesting?

[2nd Dean Koontz book I've been disappointed in. Usually when I pick one of his books I don't wanna drop it]

A friend says, Koontz is not stable. . .when he gets it right, he gets it right; when he gets it wrong, its really bad. So it's usually a hit and miss with his books. I only recently got into him but i've already had one miss. Thankfully the one i'm reading is slightly better.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tubabie(f): 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2009
iice:

A friend says, Koontz is not stable. . .when he gets it right, he gets it right; when he gets it wrong, its really bad. So it's usually a hit and miss with his books. I only recently got into him but i've already had one miss. Thankfully the one i'm reading is slightly better.

You are on spot!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by muhsin(m): 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2009
Religious books as its Ramadhan time. cool
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2009
666 - The (((Mark of the Beast?))) by Peter H. Gilmore
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Atreus(f): 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2009
'The mafia manager' by V.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by SamMilla1(m): 7:35pm On Sep 03, 2009
Robert Ludlum s

The Bourne Sanction

Eric Van Lustbader

excellent book
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by jumoke90(f): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2009
my textbooks!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2009
none
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Primegold: 11:35pm On Sep 06, 2009
I'm currently reading " From Third World To First" The story of how Singapore was transformed from a 3rd world country with no mineral resource and small land space to a developed country. The book was written by Lee Kuan Yew, founding father of Singapore.For fiction, I'm reading "Purple Hibiscus" by Chimamanda Adichie

I have also read "The Audacity of Hope" by Barack Obama sometime last year, shortly after he declared his interest in contesting for the US presidency. Other books include "Jack" by Jack Welsh, Losing my Virginity by Richard Branson, Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela,The 33 Strategies of War by Robert Greene, amongst others.

For fictions, I enjoy novels from Sidney Sheldon, Fredrick Foresythe, Grisham, Ludlum, Jeffrey Archer, Steele, James Hardley Chase (I read over 20 years ago). I believe I have read about 80% or more of books written by these authors. I really enjoy their work.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Suzanne84(f): 12:27pm On Sep 07, 2009
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by africhika(f): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2009
The Color Purple by Alice Walker. Again cool
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Epi: 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2009
the ways of white folks - langston hughes
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dgreatrock(m): 8:10pm On Sep 07, 2009
none for now wink
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by HarryPotter1(m): 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2009
presently i just finished Harry Potter and the half blood prince.hopin 2 get my hands on Harry Potter and the deadly hallow.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2009
Book 5 of The 39 Clues- The Black Circle.

intriguing as usual.

Some books on Russian history.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Emmandus(m): 6:52pm On Sep 08, 2009
I got the reading bug/fever in my primary 6 days ,then I would read small Shakespeare's series.With time African writer series became the objects and until my Senior Class when I got hooked on motivationals ,spiritual books and any good book and great adventure novel.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Emmandus(m): 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2009
So Read Mario Puzo's Omerta months ago. Read Bishop Oyedepo's 'Walking in the Supernatural' last month. I just finished Evang. Mike Bamiloye's 'By Faith Conquering Kingdoms'. I am presently reading A book I got on internet marketing "How to Make Your First $100" by Indonesian Welly Mulia. It's so resourceful.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Gamine(f): 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
umhh. i just finished a 'young Bond' series and Stephen King's the Dead zone

I never read one book at a time so here, currently

Do Androids dream of electric sheep-----Philip <privates> oops i forgot. . .D.I.C.K

Water Babies----Charles Kingsley

Neuromancer----William Gibson

Skipping Christmas----John Grisham
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by queenesthr(f): 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2009
EVERYBODY SHOULD LOOK FOR AND READ NOVELS BY ARTHUR HAILEY. HE IS THE BEST!!

Some of his novels are - In High Places, Hotel, Wheels, Overload, Airport, The Money Changers, The Final Diagnosis, Flight Into Danger.

His books are so thoroughly researched that you are not only entertained, you also acquire valuable knowledge in the field covered in the book.

ARTHUR HAILEY IS THE BEST!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (100)

Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows / FEIRE - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.