Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? (31249 Views)

Most Dangerous Places To Live In London Online Poll,Peckham No 1 / Coming To South East London(peckham)help Needed / Little Lagos In South London( Peckham) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by cibilola(f): 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2010
Roforofo:

Peckham is a dump. Most Naijas and other immigrants who live there have no choice. It is one of the cheapest parts of London to live in for those who are low paid and need to commute to work. Like most ghettos in the world once you make enough money to get the hell out, you leave. There is squalor there because the people are poor. Poor people wether white or black generally live in dirtier conditions than the rich or middle class, same as comparing Ikoyi, Opebi, GRA to Ajegunle, Shangisha or Okokomaiko.

Roforofo, are you new in London? angry As far as I am concerned, it is only the market on Rye Lane that looks dirty. Most parts of Peckham are actually quite expensive and I can assure you that you cannot afford to live in this same Peckham that you have just bad-mouthed, mschewwwww here is an example below,

£570,000 - Freehold
Add to shortlist For sale
Danby StreetPeckham, London SE153 bedrooms1 bathroom1 receptionSuperb Victorian terrace house with fine sized accommodation arranged over two floors and enjoy period features throughout.

Nearest stations

Peckham Rye (0.26 miles)
East Dulwich (0.45 miles)
KFH estate agents in Peckham SE15

More about this property for sale in Peckham, London SE15
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by BoredAtWor: 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2010
@ cibilola

You hit the nail on the head.
Most of the peopel bad mouthing peckham cant afford to live there.
They should check out the prices of houses there.

Rye lane alone does not Depict the whole of peckham
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by axponline: 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2010
I was in the Uk a few years back and went to Peckham for a Nija night out with the boys.
Though there were many Nigerians every where (especially Yoruba) I did not find it at all bad.
It was fairly typical for a lower income neighborhood in any western country including the US where I live.
I know they have street markets , so what do you expect on during market hours.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by babsjnr(m): 1:17am On Apr 05, 2012
Peckham is a sh*thole my cousin house is full of cockroach&rat in pechham. Most nigerian living there are very lousy and poor immigrant.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by MajorJ(m): 6:01am On Mar 15, 2013
lol always hearing people talking about Peckham, that place must be terrible

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Mother Forgets Her Baby In A Commercial Bus After Alighting In Imo (video) / Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. / Moving To Norway Soonest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.