Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? (31270 Views)

Most Dangerous Places To Live In London Online Poll,Peckham No 1 / Coming To South East London(peckham)help Needed / Little Lagos In South London( Peckham) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by r231(m): 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2009
chic2pimp:

Rahhh bwoi, back then Brixton was a mad area grin grin

you knw dis days some of those lil boyz in woolwich are more dangerous dan dem now
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 8:33pm On Nov 13, 2009
r231:

you knw dis days some of those lil boyz in woolwich are more dangerous dan dem now
True dat. However the name Brixton still strikes fear into the heart of many grin
Many of em' drugdealers /gangbangers still hang around dat area. You can easily differentiate the various gangs by the colur of the bandana they hang above their back pockets.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2009
r231:

madam, they've cleaned it up not like b4
crime rate has gone down a lot now

Chei! Bros, na for where you sef see madam?  angry
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chika98: 8:38pm On Nov 13, 2009
Siena:

The one you've got cuddled up next to you perhaps grin
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by omar22(m): 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2009
like brixton

One my uncles bought a house in the 60's for around Brixton from £5,500

The house went £1.1m in 2007, so many of the TV presenters live around Brixton, Stockwell, Clapham, Tulshill etc.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by omar22(m): 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2009
Many of em' drugdealers /gangbangers still hang around dat area. You can easily differentiate the various gangs by the colur of the bandana they hang above their back pockets.

You are talking about the "Frontline" Coldharbour Lane" which is one long road out of giant area ok you could say Angel Town estate,
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by r231(m): 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2009
Siena:

hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin jus messing wiv u

chic2pimp:

True dat. However the name Brixton still strikes fear into the heart of many grin

dats d only problem right there but in woolwich dem boyz are not scared to beat d crap out of you anytime any day
jim iyke went there and started running his mouth guess what dey slapped the living  daylight  out of him at entyce in front of everybody same incident with julius agwu as well dey even took his wallet and dis r 9ja boyz
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2009
omar22:

You are talking about the "Frontline" Coldharbour Lane" which is one long road out of giant area ok you could say Angel Town estate,
Obviously I ain't talking about the whole of brixton wink.
Just certain areas and estates

r231:

dats d only problem right there but in woolwich dem boyz are not scared to beat d crap out of you anytime any day
jim iyke went there and started running his mouth guess what dey slapped the living daylight out of him at entyce in front of everybody same incident with julius agwu as well dey even took his wallet and dis r 9ja boyz

Buhahahaha dem think say nah naija dem dey cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Dem no say some of those areas are proper mashed up grin cheesy
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by r231(m): 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2009
chic2pimp:

Buhahahaha dem think say nah naija dem dey cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Dem no say some of those areas are proper mashed up grin cheesy

bros dat day was funny, he kept saying look at dis small boyz do you knw who i am and dey kept slapping him took his cap, glasses and watch grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by posakosa(m): 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^^^^ hehehehehehehohohohohohohhahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Sauron1: 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2009
r231:

hahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin jus messing wiv u

jim iyke went there and started running his mouth guess what dey slapped the living  daylight  out of him at entyce in front of everybody same incident with julius agwu as well dey even took his wallet and dis r 9ja boyz

Woolwich is a different ball game. . . . . . .It's a concrete street.

U see bare niggaz in there blasting their Yoruba and are ready to kick ass at the slightest provocation.
But even with that, these places are still better than most areas in Lagos.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2009
r231:

bros dat day was funny, he kept saying look at dis small boyz do you knw who i am and dey kept slapping him took his cap, glasses and watch grin grin grin grin grin
Buhahaha it serves them useless naija celebs right grin grin grin grin grin grin
Don't you know who I am ma foot grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

~Sauron~:

U see bare niggaz in there blasting their Yoruba and are ready to kick ass at the slightest provocation.
True Talk.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by r231(m): 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2009
~Sauron~:

oh yea of cus
u will see some nice looking guys talking speaking yoruba and all that is coming out of their mouth its pure IBADAN accent lol
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 10:29pm On Nov 13, 2009
bros dat day was funny, he kept saying look at dis small boyz do you knw who i am and dey kept slapping him took his cap, glasses and watch

This is supposed to be in one of the best citiesin the world smiley. Wetin jim iyke dey look for in brixton sef. Infact, the only place i know where somebody has been double mugged was london (they mugged him at 11pm, then 35 minutes later the guy was nabbed by another of the knights of the night. Of course london is still the best place to live in- just make sure u are not carrying your wallet with you grin

Does anyone watch Jocelyn jee essien little miss jocelyn. I remember a joke she made about punishing a white guy - by strapping him, then writing "blacks go back home" and then dropping him in the middle of the streets of brixton.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2009
r231:

Kai! That's really funny - these guys don't give a monkeys who you are, if you deserve a slap, they'll give you one. If they know you're a celebrity, they'll give you celebrity slaps. grin grin grin Slaps have their own levels too. wink

Many years ago, I lived in Woolwich Dockyards. At the time, it seemed cool, most of the local hoods knew me and my pals, and they were fine with us. Never got anything lifted off me, even when out after midnight.

I later moved further down the road, to Plumstead, and it was the same, Woolwich hoods. Powis Street was their meeting point, and after 18:00, once the pedestrian zone was open to traffic, things changed. wink As long as you knew when to shut your flap, and kept your nose clean, you were fine.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by tegasgirl(f): 12:40am On Nov 14, 2009
Whoever wrote about some rat infested flat in elephant and castle is chatting shit.
I live in elephant and it's bloody expensive, privately let flats go for about £1500 month for a one bedroom, it's 10 mins away from London Bridge, 20 mins away from the west end, it is basically one of the most coveted areas to live in.

The problem is that once people get to London, they start believing St Johns Eood and Golders Green are the areas to live in, let's be honest, I'll much rather live amongst people who don't live pretentiously.

I love south london, Peckham is rough but so is everywhere else in London. Hell, shootings and stabbings are getting more common in north and west London!

As per the Woolwich area, my man lives in Thamesmead and I have to say it is absolutely gorgeous, new flats with river views, I know most people will rather live there than some snobby area.

So all you Naijas based in London now that look down on south London as a ghetto that stinks and say you won't be caught dead there are brainwashed twats. Simple as.

If you carry yourself well, no one will come to look for your trouble. Don't start none and there won't be none.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by tegasgirl(f): 12:48am On Nov 14, 2009
To make a further point, Elephant and Castle is NOT 'infested' with Nigerians. It is actually an area where most South Americans are based.

I bet there isn't a thread on 'mexicanland.com' going on about how many they are in rye area in a negative way.

Then 2moro we wonder why we are not moving forward as a country, if we can't support ourselves, how do we expect others to support us?
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chika98: 1:08am On Nov 14, 2009
I agree with Tegasgirl to some extent. Housing around those parts are expensive though
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by redsky1: 1:17am On Nov 14, 2009
tegasgirl:

Whoever wrote about some rat infested flat in elephant and castle is chatting shit.
I live in elephant and it's bloody expensive, privately let flats go for about £1500 month for a one bedroom, it's 10 mins away from London Bridge, 20 mins away from the west end, it is basically one of the most coveted areas to live in.

The problem is that once people get to London, they start believing St Johns Eood and Golders Green are the areas to live in, let's be honest, I'll much rather live amongst people who don't live pretentiously.

I love south london, Peckham is rough but so is everywhere else in London. Hell, shootings and stabbings are getting more common in north and west London!

As per the Woolwich area, my man lives in Thamesmead and I have to say it is absolutely gorgeous, new flats with river views, I know most people will rather live there than some snobby area.

So all you Naijas based in London now that look down on south London as a ghetto that stinks and say you won't be caught dead there are brainwashed twats. Simple as.

If you carry yourself well, no one will come to look for your trouble. Don't start none and there won't be none.

so someone lives in a nice area they are a snob?

look if you are not used to inner city life you will never find these area mentioned above nice to live in or visit - just cos something is a stones throw a way from the west end and property prices are high does not make it a very nice area to live in. I mean i know a number of people who have lived in south london or london for that matter but once they reach the stage where they have kids they move out to essex, hertfordshire, berkshire, bucks kent and the like.

to be honest there are a number of places one can get naija food and black hair products around london so why people feel that they can only feel like they are close to home in these type of places is beyond me - when i feel like home i jump on a plane and go home, failing that i have a good sense of who i am and where i come from that i don't need to live near a shop that sells bush meat to feel nigerian, trust me working around oyinbo people everyday reminds me i'm nigerian
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by tegasgirl(f): 1:47am On Nov 14, 2009
No one is making out that not living in south London makes you a snob. The snobs are the people on here who came on in the first instance going on about how much of a ghetto south London is, like those of us that live there are church rats. I just wanted to point out that it's not as terrible as people are making out. Besides they probably pay more rent than most of the people on here making out they are living the good life because they are not close to peckham. Making a point is one thing, being ignorant is a whole new ball game.

Are you talking about the 'bush meat' you grew up eating?

As per not living in London, there is nothing wrong with it. All of my sisters are based in Kent, most peoples reasons for leaving London is to buy houses where their kids can play in a garden, people leave London quite simply because they want to. I don't think they look for a deposit for a mortgage just because they don't want to live near where they sell 'bush meat'
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by akintun: 10:57am On Nov 14, 2009
The place looks finer than 99% of d places in Lagos
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by riversman: 2:47pm On Nov 17, 2009
NA WAH OH, see as dem dey road like mad people, all dat suffer suffer just to come dey pose for naija, TUFI AKWA, God no go gree me go wash Oyinbo man yansh, TUFIAGI, suwo

PECKHAM na real Ajegunle, so called aje buttas in naija, dat wont step a foot in Ajegunle but prefer to go and hustle in PECKHAM,

As they say, RICH MAN SEF DEY MESS, lol grin
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by ezeagu(m): 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2009
riversman:

NA WAH OH, see as dem dey road like mad people, all dat suffer suffer just to come dey pose for naija, TUFI AKWA, God no go gree me go wash Oyinbo man yansh, TUFIAGI, suwo

PECKHAM na real Ajegunle, so called aje buttas in naija, dat wont step a foot in Ajegunle but prefer to go and hustle in PECKHAM,

As they say, RICH MAN SEF DEY MESS, lol grin

The rich Nigerians are not in Peckham.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Orilee9ice(m): 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2009
to all you 9ja folks bad mouthing Peckham, naa real wah for u oh, In the late 80's and early 90's  real butter's like us will not be seen alive in Peckham, Brixton, Hackney, Tottenham and all those 9JA/GHANA infested areas, but with the new re-generation, all the estates have given way to modern buildings and estates like the ones you are coping in your Lekki areas of Lagos, and even the most conservative english man or woman (note i said english man or woman, not 9ijirians oh!) are fighting and killing themselves to buy property in PECKHAM now, while the Peckham infested  9ijirians have moved on, got on  AND BETTERED  their lives and bought houses in Chadfford Hundred in Essex WHICH IS NOW DUBBED THE NEW PECKHAM for 9ijirians 

The only things we go to do in Peckham now is 9JA FOOD SHOPPING, OF COURSE on a Saturday, and or course go to the 9ja CHURCHES THERE on Sunday, No "right thinking people going places" Nigerian lives in PECKHAM anymore, so all you dreamers esp you Riverside abi Riversman abi wetin u call yaself, i saw the comment  you made about House on the Rock Church as well (Touch not God's annointed and mean them no harm)
make u go  me shoo nu!! as you nefa "tedo b4" you no dey any category to critizise,  

Posted by: riversman 
Insert Quote

PECKHAM na real Ajegunle, so called aje buttas 

even if u take mistake go apply for visa come obodo oyinbo, ya mouth don kill una as pe God no go allow dem give u di visa sef in fact as u pray for ya  write up God don answer am Gbosa Gbammmu! like that!! , so dont hate,, just aspire,  wink that is if u know the meaning of the word, lol
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by riversman: 8:52pm On Nov 17, 2009
sorry i dont need uk visa cos i already have it, did u know i was an eu citizen, u scallywagg
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by ezeagu(m): 8:52pm On Nov 17, 2009
Peckham does not need crime to be as depressing as it is.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by justwise(m): 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2009
riversman:

sorry i dont need uk visa cos i already have it, did u know i was an eu citizen, u scallywagg

What are u saying?
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by redsky1: 9:34pm On Nov 17, 2009
tegasgirl:

No one is making out that not living in south London makes you a snob. The snobs are the people on here who came on in the first instance going on about how much of a ghetto south London is, like those of us that live there are church rats. I just wanted to point out that it's not as terrible as people are making out. Besides they probably pay more rent than most of the people on here making out they are living the good life because they are not close to peckham. Making a point is one thing, being ignorant is a whole new ball game.

Are you talking about the 'bush meat' you grew up eating?

As per not living in London, there is nothing wrong with it. All of my sisters are based in Kent, most peoples reasons for leaving London is to buy houses where their kids can play in a garden, people leave London quite simply because they want to. I don't think they look for a deposit for a mortgage just because they don't want to live near where they sell 'bush meat'

what are you talking about - do they sell bush meat in this country? i have never eaten it.

as for all this rent biz ur talking about - i don't know o.

look people are entitled to their opinion and i personally think peckham is a dump - yes even with its muti million pound properties
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by mamagee3(f): 1:47am On Nov 18, 2009
London looks so much like Nigeria. shocked shocked
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by ezeagu(m): 1:51am On Nov 18, 2009
mama-gee:

London looks so much like Nigeria. shocked shocked

You wish, you should have said Peckham or Lewisham.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by riversman: 11:02am On Nov 18, 2009
I was born in the EU u dumb scallywagg but dont care for Europe, when i can ball in my mansion in LEKKI, london is for POOR wanna BE rats, lol grin grin

Una still dey wash oyinbo YANSH? shocked
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by justwise(m): 11:10am On Nov 18, 2009
riversman:

I was born in the EU u dumb scallywagg but dont care for Europe, when i can ball in my mansion in LEKKI, london is for POOR wanna BE rats, lol grin grin

Una still dey wash oyinbo YANSH? shocked

Are u on drug or something? How did u get hold of computer?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. / Moving To Norway Soonest / A South African Lady Condemns Attack On Nigerians, Calls Them Nice People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.