Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,729 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India (55956 Views)

Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement / Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss / Suppliers Of Egusi, Ogbono And Bonga Fish Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by dreposh(m): 9:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
grin END TIME FOOD HMMMM ILLUMINATI RICE KARISHIKA SOUP SHA LEMME HAVE ONE PLATE OF RICE TO CONFIRM THIS grin
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Segadem(m): 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
EazyMoh:

Guy it's frozen now.
so u fit buy frozen pounded yam with frozen ogbono soup? grin
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by AntiWailer: 10:07pm On Dec 05, 2016
Chronic Werey people. cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by billyG(m): 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
modath:

Make a laugh at the highlighted first. cheesy cheesy

Now on to serious matter now... we also import palm oil I heard..
do u ever know d turkey & king's cookingoil u use 4 cooking is bleach palm oil from malaysia .

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Jidibia(m): 10:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
Lies.....
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by wristbangle: 10:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
The problem with this country is still her citizens. How can someone say he/she is productive by importing a finished good that can easily be produced en mass at domestic corridors. Shey dem swear for some people ni?

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Jdesilentkiller(m): 10:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
I am going to ask for forgiveness from God, then... I will curse anything, anybody, any mechanism, any organism, any principality, any conspiracy, any.......... Gosh!!!!!!!!!!
Why do we hate our country like this now Why!!! Why!!! Why!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Olanna45(f): 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
So someone believed this lie? We live on importation yes, but no to import egusi soup. they fly am abi they ship am? People can lie sha.
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by sleekdre: 10:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pictures or I don't believe it.. don't believe anything you see on media just like that!!!
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by LorDBolton(m): 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
obailala:

Nigeria is deeply cursed. Sometimes I just sit back and wonder what it would take for the governments of Rivers, Delta, Imo, Abia, Bayelsa, Edo etc to revive those palm plantations and expand them ten fold. Why are seemingly simple things too difficult for the black man to do?

Meanwhile even Nigerian youths aren't left out in this curse of madness. Today we have millions of youths from these very palm producing states clamouring for a 'change of name' a.k.a secession with a wild believe that it is only when the name changes that they can begin to question the useless, visionless leaders.

God help us!

They keep waiting for. FG

2 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by LockDown69(m): 10:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
So there's an eye on the star of the Nigerian Customs emblem, I never noticed, it's just an observation.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
so someone somewhere is trying to make money from our delicacy. thats how one company will be touting it delivers prepared jollof rice and soup to customers ashey its imported product.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by asumo12: 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
NOC1:
Pinchure or adontbeleive.

I was there see it
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by asumo12: 10:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
Sibrah:
I don't believe this strange news.

Goto Twitter and search Nau Nau ready to eat food or Google it
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Eddiecute86(m): 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
If actually this news true then shoprite must be involved they are known for importing chemicals in the name of can foods.

Imagine a woman going to shoperite to buy egusi and ogbono soup.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
Sibrah:
I find it so difficult to believe too
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by DCONE1(m): 10:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
I don't believe this,so we have now stoop soo low to the level that we start importing our own natural and cultural chow from other Countries....Infact I'm tearing my NIGERIAN PASSPORT
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by azimibraun: 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
Metroescobar:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201501060279.html

Read and weep!
When he said read & weep many may think he was exagerating....including me. after reading am not only weeping but mourning. we are a liviing dead people. It appears we as a people practically told God to go to hell with all of his blessings.. and am sure all adults know what it means to tell God he was wrong blessing us; dire consequnces.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by arabianights: 11:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
grin grin I can't even laugh... This is ridiculous.
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by john650(m): 11:07pm On Dec 05, 2016
Metroescobar:
grin

Now this _shit is funny as hell! What does an Indian know about making yam porridge and egusi soup or jollof rice that we now have to purchase it from them?

No be our own chow?
Obviously, the Indian doesn't hold us in high regard. He has probably spent some time in Nigeria and studied our behaviour. He figured if we can import toothpick, why not egusi and ogbono. I bet you if you put that canned egusi and ogbono soup in the market, people will buy it quicker than the one their mama cook.

If the local textile material we use to make clothes is imported, why not our local delicasies.

4 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
I bet they were doing it to boast about eating imported jollof rice. Nigerians like boasting no be small. The importer probably be like, "check me out, am so rich and cool that I eat nothing but the best imported egusi soup."

I swear mumu people too plenty for this country.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by bikefab(m): 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
Believe this and you can believe anything.
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by tomzman: 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
Sometimes, I regret coming to this world as a black man. Just look how low we have gone. This is shameful.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by logicab: 11:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
Fix the power issue, and everything else will fall in place.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Reference(m): 11:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
Back in the days we had what was called 'campo rations' when on field exercises and later field ops in the military, a standard 1foot by 1foot pack containing everything from granulated sugar packs like you see in restaurants to tinned beans and yes, tinned jollof rice and egusi soup all made in the United Kingdom. It was standard Army issue before military standards deteriorated. Its not today that our local foods have been preserved in ways Nigerians of today cannot imagine, by foreigners. And it's not shocking. Its been there before, perhaps just making a comeback from Asia.

And boy, I enjoyed those campo rations, those days.....
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Baroba(m): 11:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
Sibrah:

Same here, what I think happened here is this, An exporter trading in African food in Asia had his container sent back to country of origin.. It has happened before..

Why would anyone waste forex to import what is readily available in Nigeria?... the story no add up abeg..
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by Reference(m): 11:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
Look, I implore Nigerians to do a bit more research about their country. The knowledge gap amongst folks, particularly as shown on this forum is as wide as the Grand Canyon. The West has been putting our local foods in tins since the 60's That they are not on our store shelves has more to do with our degrading economy rather than our ability to innovate. We have been buying tinned egusi soup from the white man since independence. The Asians want to do it cheaper so we can afford it once again. Who's fault. And the ones I had then tasted better than what came out of the Army kitchen when you warmed it in your mess plate over hot coals. And it had beef cuttings in it too.
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by kaptaintintin: 11:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
Abeg since when wey india begin chop jelof rice and egwusi soup eh? sotay de come de xport am to we wey get am?!

2 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by enfantdedieu: 11:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
mek dem check well o0... something tells that "DUSTING POWDER" might be found wit those items cheesy

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by bumi10(m): 12:02am On Dec 06, 2016
stu.pidity

is a sin
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by gregyboy(m): 12:02am On Dec 06, 2016
grin grin haha my fellow nigeria dont be suprise one day you hear nigeria next president is going to be imported from indian dont go suprise even d person that caused nigeria is even imported
Re: Customs Seizes Jollof Rice, Ogbono And Egusi Soup Imported From India by jbaby265(f): 12:04am On Dec 06, 2016
this news is fake or rather nollywood theatre art

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Who Bought A Brand New Venza From Her Hair Business Shares Her Story(pics) / INNOSON: FIDELITY Bank Takes Advantage Of Gtb's Predicament - Pic. / Bill Gates At The Wedding Of Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.