Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

"Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday (12205 Views)

The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday / Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy / It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2016
FriendChoice:

Old Man

I don't have your time. I don't want you to take me serious.
Case close. Dont condemn what u know not. I dont have problems with Qur'an competition, wolimot Quran etc becuz i understand they are meant for good of muslims, even though nabi(saw) did not do them.

However, by your definition innovation, if Mawlud is bida, the other 2 i mentioned are too. You cant condemn bida here and embrace it elsewhere.

Correction, am not "old man", I am a dude
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
Empiree:
Case close. Dont condemn what u know not. I dont have problems with Qur'an competition, wolimot Quran etc becuz i understand they are meant for good of muslims, even though nabi(saw) did not do them.

However, by your definition innovation, if Mawlud is bida, the other 2 i mentioned are too. You cant condemn bida here and embrace it elsewhere.

Correction, am not "old man", I am a dude

So go and practice your innovation but am not buying it. You call me kid and you don't want me 2 call you old man?

2 Likes

Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 11:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
I have spoken. You have no point. You can't detest innovation in terminal A but embrace innovation in Terminal B bcuz, according to u, bida is bida. No exception.
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 12, 2016
With regards to Qur'an competition,

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Is it permissible to compete for prizes in memorising Qur’an, hadeeth, fiqh and other beneficial sciences, and getting questions right? The companions of Maalik, Ahmad and ash-Shaafa‘i disallowed it, but the companions of Abu Haneefah and our shaykh regarded it as permissible; Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr also narrated that from ash-Shaafa‘i, and prizes are more appropriate in wrestling and swimming. If it is regarded as permissible to compete in these fields for prizes, then it is more appropriate that it should be permissible to compete in knowledge. This is similar to the case when (Abu Bakr) as-Siddeeq made a bet with the disbelievers of Quraysh regarding the truth of what he told them. We have stated previously that there is no shar‘i evidence to suggest that this has been abrogated, and Abu Bakr took the wager from them after gambling had been prohibited. Religion is established by means of proof and jihad; if betting was permissible with regard to tools of jihad, then it is more appropriate that it should be permissible with regard to knowledge. This view is the correct one.

The least we can say is that the scholars differed on it. But regarding the celebrating Mawlid none of the scholars viewed it as permissible except the sheikh I read on the other thread claiming that some innovations are obligatory.
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 12, 2016
snapscore:

Is it permissible to compete for prizes in memorising Qur’an, hadeeth, fiqh and other beneficial sciences, and getting questions right? The companions of Maalik, Ahmad and ash-Shaafa‘i disallowed it, but the companions of Abu Haneefah and our shaykh regarded it as permissible; Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr also narrated that from ash-Shaafa‘i, and prizes are more appropriate in wrestling and swimming. If it is regarded as permissible to compete in these fields for prizes, then it is more appropriate that it should be permissible to compete in knowledge. This is similar to the case when (Abu Bakr) as-Siddeeq made a bet with the disbelievers of Quraysh regarding the truth of what he told them. We have stated previously that there is no shar‘i evidence to suggest that this has been abrogated, and Abu Bakr took the wager from them after gambling had been prohibited. Religion is established by means of proof and jihad; if betting was permissible with regard to tools of jihad, then it is more appropriate that it should be permissible with regard to knowledge. This view is the correct one.

The least we can say is that the scholars differed on it. But regarding the celebrating Mawlid none of the scholars viewed it as permissible except the sheikh I read on the other thread claiming that some innovations are obligatory.

Thank you. I just don't want to answer him. Perhaps he knows this also, he is program to believe what he likes. JZK

1 Like

Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

Islamic qa. Thank you. I just don't wan to answer him. Perhaps he knows this also, he is program to believe what he likes.

I just posted it in case it might clear some doubts. There are many glaring reasons why Mawlid shouldn't be celebrated. The OP already gave enough reasons for it.

1 Like

Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 12:17am On Dec 12, 2016
Fundamentalist:
It's forbidden because it's an innovation in religion. Anybody that thinks otherwise must provide proof for it. When and how it should be conducted
Here it is. Do you agree with him?
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 12, 2016
snapscore:

I just posted it in case it might clear some doubts. There are many glaring reasons why Mawlid shouldn't be celebrated. The OP already gave enough reasons for it.

Exactly.
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 12:19am On Dec 12, 2016
snapscore:

No, i dont disagree with Walimot. I was simply using analogy to get him to reason.

Besides, the same people who invented Walimot tul Quran and Quran competition are the same who invented Mawlud
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 12:23am On Dec 12, 2016
snapscore:

As for Mawlud, you cant just quote one side of Ulama and neglect others. Majority scholars are in support except few.

Mawlud is both gathering of knowledge and gathering dhikr plus brings Muslim together. Hence, you people are not reasoning. Your focus appears to be "birthday" which sounds dunce to me. Thats what many focus on instead of ESSENCE
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 12:24am On Dec 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

Exactly.
Do u agree with fundamentlist that walimot is bid'a?. He share same ideology with u
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 12, 2016
Empiree:
Do u agree with fundamentlist that walimot is bid'a?. He share same ideology with u

Read the post on it above concerning how schools of taught explain it. That's my believe.
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 12, 2016
Empiree:
As for Mawlud, you cant just quote one side of Ulama and neglect others. Majority scholars are in support except few.

Mawlud is both gathering of knowledge and gathering dhikr plus brings Muslim together. Hence, you people are not reasoning. Your focus appears to be "birthday" which sounds dunce to me. Thats what many focus on instead of ESSENCE

Ok dude.
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 12:39am On Dec 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

Read the post on it above concerning how schools of taught explain it. That's my believe.
Who are you deceiving?. You simply did not know the answer. You simply had no idea until she posted that. I am never against neither mawlud, walimo or Quran competition. They are all introduced by the Sufis. I wonder if you people were pioneers, you wouldnt do anything in the name of bida.

So it was sufis who introduced all the activities that you are now condemning today. This goes to show you can never understand islam better than those men. Go to Walimot thread... your brothers said it is innovation.

So there is no way am talking any of you serious
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 12, 2016
Empiree:
Who are you deceiving?. You simply did not know the answer. You simply had no idea until she posted that. I am never against neither mawlud, walimo or Quran competition. They are all introduced by the Sufis. I wonder if you people were pioneers, you wouldnt do anything in the name of bida.

So it was sufis who introduced all the activities that you are now condemning today. This goes to show you can never understand islam better than those men. Go to Walimot thread... your brothers said it is innovation.

So there is no way am talking any of you serious

Mtsw. She copied it from Islamic qa. I even told her where she got it and you're here telling me I don't know what to answer, look at the screenshot below. Read my previous post. I said I don't want to reply you. Ask her where did she get the information foolish. I have read the reply on Islamic Q since before now.

https://islamqa.info/en/156560

I just don't want to reply u as I stated above. Those scholars of taught are not Sufi old man.

Go and do your innovations but we are not buying it. We will fast tomorrow inshaAllah as does by Prophet Muhammad (SAW) not by your sufi lair.

I have said it long time ago. Dont take us serious because we will not practice that innovation you're selling.

1 Like

Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 1:11am On Dec 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

Mtsw. She copied it from Islamic qa. I even told her where she got it and you're here telling me I don't know what to answer, look at the screenshot bellow. Read my previous post. I said I don't want to reply you. Ask her where did she get the information nonsense. I have read the reply on Islamic Q since. I just don't want to reply u as I stated above. Those scholars of taught are not Sufi old man.

Go and do your innovations but we are not buying it. We will fast tomorrow inshaAllah as does by Prophet Muhammad (SAW) not by your sufi lair.

I have said it long time ago. Dont take us serious because we will not practice that innovation you're selling.
Fasting on Mondays and Thursdays is recommended for all muslims. The prophet did not mention sect. Quran competition which was not mentioned by the prophet as invented by Sufi in Malaysia in 1960 or 62. Unfortunately, they did not carry the name 'sufi" for head. They introduced it using their ijtihad. They used their logical deduction. Same thing with Walimot and Mawlud.

All these activities were introduced and encouraged till today in nigeria by same sufis. But then, they did not do so under sufism but under Islam and muslims. Period.

Today, y'all condemning it after benefiting big time from everything. Thats ungrateful. Mind you, I only participated once in Mawlud during my finals in ile-kewu in 1996. I finished unofficially in 1993 but did not graduate i:e Quran competition. I had to come back in 1996 to complete everything which happened to fall on Mawlud. So i did Quran competition, walimo and mawlud about same time. That was it.

I have not been in any since. I benefited knowledge in mawlud, hence i see absolutely no reason to condemn it as bid'a. Thats nonsense. No one forces you to do it but pls, kindly not call people innovators bcus they celebrate mawlud bcuz that makes you agent of fitna.

You will ONLY successfully refute Mawlud by bringing Qola Allah Qola Rosul FORBIDDEN it directly from them. Not Sheik fulan. And definitely not "it is not done by the prophet and sahaba". Thats not evidence

Mawlud is valid SO LONG as the activities are Shari'a compliant. Otherwise, you have no case against it.

Walaikum Salaam
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 1:26am On Dec 12, 2016
Empiree:
Fasting on Mondays and Thursdays is recommended for all muslims. The prophet did not mention sect. Quran competition which was not mentioned by the prophet as invented by Sufi in Malaysia in 1960 or 62. Unfortunately, they did not carry the name 'sufi" for head. They introduced it using their ijtihad. They used their logical deduction. Same thing with Walimot and Mawlud.

All these activities were introduced and encouraged till today in nigeria by same sufis. But then, they did not do so under sufism but under Islam and muslims. Period.

Today, y'all condemning it after benefiting big time from everything. Thats ungrateful. Mind you, I only participated once in Mawlud during my finals in ile-kewu in 1996. I finished unofficially in 1993 but did not graduate i:e Quran competition. I had to come back in 1996 to complete everything which happened to fall on Mawlud. So i did Quran competition, walimo and mawlud about same time. That was it.

I have not been in any since. I benefited knowledge in mawlud, hence i see absolutely no reason to condemn it as bid'a. Thats nonsense. No one forces you to do it but pls, kindly not call people innovators bcus they celebrate mawlud bcuz that makes you agent of fitna.

You will ONLY successfully refute Mawlud by bringing Qola Allah Qola Rosul FORBIDDEN it directly from them. Not Sheik fulan. And definitely not "it is not done by the prophet and sahaba". Thats not evidence

Mawlud is valid SO LONG as the activities are Shari'a compliant. Otherwise, you have no case against it.

Walaikum Salaam

@Bolded colored are only your lies that does not worth the weight of an atom.

Never ever attribute lies to school of taughts that have dedicated their lives in Woking for Sunnah of the prophet (SAW). They are never sufis (innovators).

Concerning fasting on Monday: I did not say it was prescribed for a particular sect, It's prescribed for all Muslims unlike Maulud that is prescribed for Innovators only.

We must condemn and warn people not to practice Maulud and we will never stop doing so against this innovation. Some people will stop it (Alhamdulillah many) while some like you will continue. And life goes on.

Our aim is just to speak. Decision is in the hands of the listener.

You're Are supposing to say Assalamu Alaikum NOT Wa'alaikumus salaam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 1:55am On Dec 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

@Bolded colored are only your lies that does not worth the weight of an atom.

Never ever attribute lies to school of taughts that have dedicated their lives in Woking for Sunnah of the prophet (SAW). They are never sufis (innovators).

Concerning fasting on Monday: I did not say it was prescribed for a particular sect, It's prescribed for all Muslims unlike Maulud that is prescribed for Innovators only.

We must condemn and warn people not to practice Maulud and we will never stop doing so against this innovation. Some people will stop it (Alhamdulillah many) while some like you will continue. And life goes on.

Our aim is just to speak. Decision is in the hands of the listener.

You're Are supposing to say Assalamu Alaikum NOT Wa'alaikumus salaam.
You are becoming irrelevant now. ..astagfurllah.

What is sufism?.

If I want I could have ignored. Just answer that question. That should give me clue about you.
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 5:11am On Dec 12, 2016
SubhannaAllah!

These old men have adressed issues we are now debating. May Allah grant them Janna Fir'daus Ameen

Unfortunately, friendchoice doesnt speak yoruba....that's just too bad. Maybe one of your cohorts could help you out if they are able to listen to these audios.

Title

Wiridi {sufism} Part 1 & 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Hyw6szaOw&t=2682s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8nntHGjxNI

Endeavor to listen to both clips at your convenience. Help yourselves. One of the clips is 50mins long. The other is 40 mins. Listen as many times as you can and figure out if what I have been saying contradicts what he said. I am speaking less on these issues from now on unless it is absolutely necessary. Whoever have liberty to listen should help friendchoice. You can then help yourselves with references. Thats your homework. I have mine stored in my library.

1 Like

Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 12, 2016
snapscore:

Jazakumullaahu khayran ukhtii, I was even busy ystdy sef. This Mr. Empiree guy/man, na ppl like, shebi rasullullaah did not use spoon, y r we now using spoon, shebi e did not use microphone..etc. I think. We should THINK with our brain o.

As muslims, whatever we do in Islam, we should always ask ourselves, is dis in line wif kitab wa sunnah, did rasulullaah do dis, did he do dat etc!!!
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 12, 2016
Empiree:
Actually, i posted this here but not necessarily for you. It was Mr Rabiu who disputed his(p) DOB. You however, your question was NOT clear at outstart. Now that you said date doesnt concern you, i let that fly.

Your concern seems to be hadith of his talking about Monday. This is a complete different thing even though he was born on Monday. Muslims who are able to fast every Monday and Thursday do so. If you do fast on Monday every week, you are actually commemorating his Milad but you know not. The reason why your question is not related with Milad is, was the prophet(p) born on Thursday as well?. This goes to show you your question is irrelevant. Aside that, 12th of Rabiu Awwal will ALWAYS falls on different days every yr just like any other human beings like you and I. The DATE is the ESSENCE.

Fast of Monday and Thursday are recommendations NOT obligation. And I am sure even if Milad falls on Monday or any other day, those who fast would fast. How can you tell that.

Empiree and co just want to justify their claims on celebrating this foolish MAULUD. I rmb an hadith that rasulullaah said, his ummah in later zaman/generation that we'll imitate these YAHUDs/Jews and NASARA/christians in everytyn.

These are signs of the LAST HOUR.

Allaahs help is sought.

2 Likes

Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 12, 2016
Empiree:
You are becoming irrelevant now. ..astagfurllah.

What is sufism?.

If I want I could have ignored. Just answer that question. That should give me clue about you.

Yeah I don't want to be relevant to you. The more I become relevant to you the greeter I deviate from the truth.

It's better I become irrelevant to you and be relevant to the truth and to it lovers.

Sufism is an Islamic sect that believes in the teachings of some people parading themselves as Prophet grandchildren. A Sufi believes in the teachings of those so called grand children whether its true or false.

Those sufis innovators can get inspiration via dream of new innovation into Islam example: Revelation of Salatul Fatihi From dream.

Sufism is the act comparing the position of the so called grandchildren with Prophet (SAW) and Allah himself Astaghfutulla.

Some few explanation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Rafidi: 9:55am On Dec 12, 2016
9inches:
Meanwhile, some moslems say it is unislamic to have Muhammad's birthday celebration. Muslims and confusion. ..

not some Muslims...Wahhabis do not celebrate birthday of the Prophet (s). but these hypocrites celebrate the birthday of the King in Saudi Arabia. they also celebrate the national day of saudi (the birthday of saudi arabia). likewise they declare other Muslims who visit the graves of holy people, but they visit the grave of politicians and place wreath. hypocrisy!!! wahhabi saudi arabia is the country that identify itself as Muslim that does not celebrate mawlud.

everything that has to do with peace, and upholding Islamic heritage and honoring the figures of Islam, these Wahhabis are against. the same reasons they go about blowing up Muslims in the name of Takfir and declaring them apostates and out of the pale of Islam. they have problems with all of humanity. they hate christians, they hate hindus, they hate buddhist, they call atheists terrorists in saudi arabia, and they even kill other Muslims, especially Shia. worse, they even kill the very Sunnis who disagree with them and reject the wahhabi ideology of Muhammad Ibn Abdul-Wahab. all they do is to sow division and hatred among Muslims. they control the holiest places of Islam, and they have huge money from oil and they have the backing of the western powers.

when you hear that ISLAM IS PEACE, it is true! Islam is peace. but wahhabis want to turn Islam into terror. Muhammad (s), the prophet of Allah is described in the Quran as "mercy unto humanity". but Wahhabis want to make it look like he was a curse to humanity. so please, all and all, differentiate between Islam and Wahhabism. Islam is the path of peaceful Muslims. Wahhabism is the path and ideology that fuels terrorism of the likes of boko, isis, alqaeda, al shabab, al-this and al-that.

they are describing Mawlud celebration as a Shia initiation. it is not. it is Sunnah and Islamic to celebrate the Prophet's (s) birthday. nothing wrong with honoring the Prophet's (s) memory. mainstream Sunnis celebrate Mawlud. that shows you Muslims are united after all the bloodshed wahhabism has caused to divide Sunnis and Shia. the Prophet Muhammad (s) is a uniting force and his birthday should not and will not divide us. anyone who claims mawlud is "Shia", tell him that not celebrating mawlud is Wahhabi; and not celebrating it has nothing to do with Islam.
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

Yeah I don't want to be relevant to you. The more I become relevant to you the greeter I deviate from the truth.

It's better I become irrelevant to you and be relevant to the truth and to it lovers.

Sufism is an Islamic sect that believes in the teachings of some people parading themselves as Prophet grandchildren. A Sufi believes in the teachings of those so called grand children whether its true or false.

Those sufis innovators can get inspiration via dream of new innovation into Islam example: Revelation of Salatul Fatihi From dream.

Sufism is the act comparing the position of the so called grandchildren with Prophet (SAW) and Allah himself Astaghfutulla.

Some few explanation.
Inna li lahi waina ilahi rojiun. This is definition of sufism according to you?. Brother, please kindly STOP talking about religion. It is obvious now why YOU UNDERSTAND NOT everything I have been saying. This is crazy. And the ones giving you 'likes & shares" doesnt think either. Give me a reason I should keep up convos with you now if you can't define sufism?.

This is sad. I am keeping this for record.

You have a good day
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:

Empiree and co just want to justify their claims on celebrating this foolish MAULUD. I rmb an hadith that rasulullaah said, his ummah in later zaman/generation that we'll imitate these YAHUDs/Jews and NASARA/christians in everytyn.

These are signs of the LAST HOUR.

Allaahs help is sought.
Saudi National day and their kings day is what? Sunnah?
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
Empiree:
Inna li lahi waina ilahi rojiun. This is definition of sufism according to you?. Brother, please kindly STOP talking about religion. It is obvious now why YOU UNDERSTAND NOT everything I have been saying. This is crazy. And the ones giving you 'likes & shares" doesnt think either. Give me a reason I should keep up convos with you now if you can't define sufism?.

This is sad. I am keeping this for record.

You have a good day

I have tell you since am not interested in your discussion. That's the definition of Sufism. All aforementioned are characteristics of Sufism. You should rather stop talking on Religion not me because I don't promote innovations.

All the definitions above are valid, they can be found in Almuqamatul Hariri. (Sufi Doctrine Book).
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:

Jazakumullaahu khayran ukhtii, I was even busy ystdy sef. This Mr. E.mpiree guy/man, na ppl like, shebi rasullullaah did not use spoon, y r we now using spoon, shebi e did not use microphone..etc. I think. We should THINK with our brain o.
Kindly quote me anywhere where i made this nonsense statement?.

As muslims, whatever we do in Islam, we should always ask ourselves, is dis in line wif kitab wa sunnah, did rasulullaah do dis, did he do dat etc!!!
Have you ever participated and still participating in Qur'an competition, Walimot ul Qur'an?. If so, where is your reference from kitab and Sunnah?. If you never participated or dont believe either, is it bid'a?. ALL muslims involved in these activities including Saudi Arabia. Is it Sunnah since Saudi also do it and where is your reference?

Note, Quran competition was started in Malaysia by same Sufi people in 1961. That's many centuries after Nabi (saw). So let's hear your view please
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

I have tell you since am not interested in your discussion. That's the definition of Sufism. All aforementioned are characteristics of Sufism. You should rather stop talking on Religion not me because I don't promote innovations.

All the definitions above are valid, they can be found in Almuqamatul Hariri. (Sufi Doctrine Book).
You have a long way to go. By the way, what is salafism?
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
I won't waste my time on baseless arguments. The rulings on Qur'an competition is clear. I believe I did justice to the post. If people decide to be partially blind, then that's their problem.
With regards to national day celebration, that is prohibited as well and scholars have spoken against it.
I find it laughable when people always compare the actions of Saudi royal family to Islam. I can't help but wonder if we are following the religion of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessing be upon him) or kings who are fallible.

The person who is seeking the truth, one evidence will be enough for him. A person who is upon their desires, a thousand evidences will still not be clear for him.
— Shaykh Al-Albaani

Anyways Jazakallhu Khiran to the OP and those who contributed to the thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
Empiree:
You have a long way to go. By the way, what is salafism?

O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result. [Quran 4:59]

And, [moreover], this is My path, which is straight, so follow it; and do not follow [other] ways, or you will be separated from His way. This has He instructed you that you may become righteous. Qur'an 6:159

This is the definition.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Empiree: 5:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
FriendChoice:

O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result. [Quran 4:59]

And, [moreover], this is My path, which is straight, so follow it; and do not follow [other] ways, or you will be separated from His way. This has He instructed you that you may become righteous. Qur'an 6:159

This is the definition.
I am sorry, these are verses instructing ALL muslims. I dont see you mention Salafism at all. Who do you think you messing with?.

Why didnt you quote kitab and sunnah when i asked u about first question?. Alabosi
Re: "Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
Empiree:
I am sorry, these are verses instructing ALL muslims. I dont see you mention Salafism at all. Who do you think you messing with?.

Why didnt you quote kitab and sunnah when i asked u about first question?. Alabosi

Yes that's the way of Salafi following Allah, Prophet and Those in Authority. If they have misunderstanding they go back to Allah and his prophet. Salafism wount be mentioned. Munafiki

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Challenge Of Christmas For Many Muslim Families / The Man Who Stole Some Flour And Lessons From The Quran / Atheism, Islam And Paganism: The Meeting Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.