Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? (55110 Views)

Why Men Feel Sleepy After Sex / 16 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Get Married According To Ada Bekee / Why Men Tired, Lose Interest, & Sleepy After Orgasm But Women Don't (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:
Hello from the other side !! cheesy

I've always noticed that most men always doze off immediately after sex.

Well,I wondering what could be the cause because it's weird.

So Romancelanders (as it's so called) Enlighten me a little bit.

Have you also felt sleepy and slept off? please tell me about it!

You av always noticed that most men doze off immediately after sex. Yet u claim to be a virgin. Ifa slap u eee
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Ipisi(m): 11:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
kenonze:
75% of men that slept off did not use condom

20% of men that slept off used condom
Out of those 20%, 90% of them used other condom other than Gold circle.

5% of men that never dozz off were rapist and sexual abusers

like seriously

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by samsam2019: 11:53pm On Dec 06, 2016
francislin:
Tell us how many u v slept with dat slept after having sex wit u then i will give the answer.
immature m0ron is what you are
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by iamNifemi(m): 11:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:

My dear,I'm a member of many relationship blogs where people usually gather to ask all sorts of r/ship questions.

From all indications and questions,I noticed men always doze off immediately after sex because the questions they ask said such.

So I came here to know why !!

It's just the same thing as seeing that a lot of grown up gurls menstruate,so as a guy you came here to know why it happens.
Na wash***
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Emerikoss: 12:21am On Dec 07, 2016
‘A man’s body chemistry changes after orgasm," says David McKenzie, a sex therapistin Vancouver. "The biochemicalprolactin is released, physically altering his body and making him very tired.’ In contrast, women may not orgasm every time they have sex. So, after rocking your lover’s world, you may still be semi-aroused and have the energy to talk about love and life while he’s drifting off to dreamland.Mark Leyner and Billy Goldberg,M.D., authors ofWhy Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex?, offer an additional biological explanation: ‘It is thought that exertion during sex and after climax depletes the muscles of energy-producing glycogen. This leaves men feeling sleepy. Since men have more muscle mass than women, men become more tired after sex.’ Leyner and Goldberg state that there is little direct evidence to explain men falling asleep, though, after orgasm, the chemicals oxytocin, prolactin, gamma amino butyric acid (GABA) and endorphins all contribute to that ‘roll over and snore’ feeling.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by kinibigdeal(m): 12:24am On Dec 07, 2016
lepasharon:

The topic is about sex, what section do you think it belongs to?!

If the topic doesn't appeal to you don't click on it.
lipsrsealed
lepasharon:

The topic is about sex, what section do you think it belongs to?!

If the topic doesn't appeal to you don't click on it.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Emerikoss: 12:24am On Dec 07, 2016
Men automatically fall asleep after having sex because their brains are programmed to shut down, scientists claim.Researchers from the French government took scans of men's brains during and after sex to monitor changes in their mental activity.They found that the cerebral cortex, which governs conscious thought, switched off during orgasm.

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by kinibigdeal(m): 12:25am On Dec 07, 2016
Seriously looking forward to that
Lexusgs430:

LOL. What were you expecting to see? Sex is part of human nature (even animals love the pleasure). Hence why sex sells anyday.
Sorry about your disappointment. Hopefully a snake thread would soon hit FP
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by JhyMedex: 12:33am On Dec 07, 2016
Whr person wan see sleep.. Wen Bae will b looking 4 way 2 climb bak.. embarassed
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Lexusgs430: 12:42am On Dec 07, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Seriously looking forward to that

Hopefully soon we would see a snake or two. Lalasticala over to you..........
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by jomoh: 12:45am On Dec 07, 2016
lady2lady:

If you know how sweet that short sleep dey always be, you go do nearly anything to get a feel of it.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 07, 2016
Mutuwa:

Impressive.
You don't have to convince anyone.They can think whatever.As long as you know you are and your creator acknowledges,to hell with all and sundry who think otherwise.
Thanks my dear
you're the only one that has said a reasonable thing here ...
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by dyabman(m): 2:42am On Dec 07, 2016
Oghenekohwo1402:
@seun. Good evening!! Please kindly fix this. The font varies on my iPhone. Pls do the needful smiley

E ri onigbese yi ke angry
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by obstead200(m): 6:13am On Dec 07, 2016
lady2lady:

My dear,I'm a member of many relationship blogs where people usually gather to ask all sorts of r/ship questions.

From all indications and questions,I noticed men always doze off immediately after sex because the questions they ask said such.

So I came here to know why !!

It's just the same thing as seeing that a lot of grown up gurls menstruate,so as a guy you came here to know why it happens.
Abeg stop trying to defend urself. U are caught red handed. Ur English caught u.
U ARE NOT A VIRGIN
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by obstead200(m): 6:17am On Dec 07, 2016
Seun:

Are we to assume that you have sampled many men in order to feel confident enough to make this assertion? Hope you use condoms? tongue
Seun is a bad boy.......

Hiya hiya hoi!!!
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by mytym(m): 6:22am On Dec 07, 2016
makelove2m:

Since S.ex is work, when you are done with it , you must relax and or sleep.............. when it is play to you, you need not to sleep................. but in the other hand when girls lay as log of wood, leaving the men to do all the work, one must get tired after it and required to sleep, ....if both of you do same at that same period, both of you will get tired and sleep off............... let us not forget that sperm is blood converted, so when you gave out or donanted blood you will get tired, weak and required rest or sleep for recovery............... allow men to sleep after sex that was when old men suggested that S.ex shpuld be done in the night not in day time, remenber those men that died on top of it............ they did that in day time after other hard labour

Exactly!
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by alexarelano(m): 6:23am On Dec 07, 2016
xedyl:
i sleep 90% of the time,after rocking the boat. There are times i feel relaxe after Bleep & sleep off... other times i feel exhausted & i cud eat a whole spahgetti pack.
Waa shere padi mi, same here
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by livenidhi(f): 6:30am On Dec 07, 2016
Many people get sleep after sex. After [http://www.livenidhi.com]sex[/url] they feel relaxing and tiered so they need some energy drinks and milk for boost energy.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by chimauga(m): 6:30am On Dec 07, 2016
For many women, the correlation between sex and snoring is one of those annoying facts of life: no matter when passionate encounters occur, men always seem to fall asleep immediately afterwards. Dave Zinczenko, the author of Men, Love and Sex: The Complete User Guide For Women, explained the phenomenon to Huffington Post writer Arianna Huffington this way: “Men go to sleep because women don’t turn into a pizza.”
I doubt I am ever going to become a pizza, and I’ll never have the foresight to order one beforehand. So in lieu of a cure, a better explanation will have to do. Although women sometimes feel sleepy after sex, the phenomenon does seem more pronounced in men. What is it, then, that spirals them into the land of nod?
First, the obvious reasons for sex’s somnolent sway: the act frequently takes place at night, in a bed, and is, after all, physically exhausting (often more so for the man than the woman, although this certainly varies). So when sex is over, it’s natural for a guy to feel sleepy.
Secondly, research using positron emission tomography (PET) scans has shown that in order for a person to reach orgasm, a primary requirement is to let go of “all fear and anxiety.” Doing so also tends to be relaxing and might explain the tendency to snooze.
Then there is the biochemistry of the orgasm itself. Research shows that during ejaculation, men release a cocktail of brain chemicals, including norepinephrine, serotonin, oxytocin, vasopressin, nitric oxide (NO), and the hormone prolactin. The release of prolactin is linked to the feeling of sexual satisfaction, and it also mediates the “recovery time” that men are well aware of—the time a guy must wait before “giving it another go.” Studies have also shown that men deficient in prolactin have faster recovery times.
Prolactin levels are naturally higher during sleep, and animals injected with the chemical become tired immediately. This suggests a strong link between prolactin and sleep, so it’s likely that the hormone’s release during orgasm causes men to feel sleepy.
(Side note: prolactin also explains why men are sleepier after intercourse than after masturbation. For unknown reasons, intercourse orgasms release four times more prolactin than masturbatory orgasms, according to a recent study.)
Oxytocin and vasopressin, two other chemicals released during orgasm, are also associated with sleep. Their release frequently accompanies that of melatonin, the primary hormone that regulates our body clocks. Oxytocin is also thought to reduce stress levels, which again could lead to relaxation and sleepiness.
What about the evolutionary reasons for post-sex sleepiness? This is trickier to explain. Evolutionarily speaking, a man’s primary goal is to produce as many offspring as possible, and sleeping doesn’t exactly help in his quest. But perhaps since he cannot immediately run off with another woman anyway—damn that recovery time!—re-energizing himself via sleep may be the best use of his time.
And although there is conflicting information as to whether women feel sleepy after sex, a woman often falls asleep with the man anyway (or uses it for some key cuddling time), which is good news for him: it means she is not off finding another mate. When the man wakes up and she’s still there, he just might be ready to go again.
It’s also possible that sleepiness is just a “side effect” associated with a more evolutionarily important reason for the release of oxytocin and vasopressin. In addition to being associated with sleep, both chemicals are also intimately involved in what is called “pair bonding,” the social attachment human mates commonly share. The release of these brain chemicals during orgasm heightens feelings of bonding and trust between sexual partners, which may partially explain the link between sex and emotional attachment. This bond is favorable should the couple have a baby, as cooperative child rearing maximizes the young one’s chances for survival.
The bottom line is this: there are many potential biochemical and evolutionary reasons for post-sex sleepiness, some direct and some indirect—but no one has yet pinpointed the exact causes. One thing, however, is certain: we females better get used to it, because it doesn’t look likely to change anytime soon.
I will leave frustrated American women with one final thought: if you are upset at the ubiquity of the post-sex snoring phenomenon, remember that things could be a lot worse. A recent survey of 10,000 English men revealed that 48 percent actually fall asleep during sex.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by BALLOSKI: 6:55am On Dec 07, 2016
lady2lady:

you think say to slam na small work?

I don't sleep though...but it depends. Sometimes I do.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by BALLOSKI: 6:57am On Dec 07, 2016
kenonze:

this is clumsy. Expatiate!
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by kingoduyebo1(m): 7:14am On Dec 07, 2016
BALLOSKI:
you think say to slam na small work?

I don't sleep though...but it depends. Sometimes I do.

Lol
But in my case,I only sleep off after which I took alc,but on a good day laye never I can't sleep off after 1st round of s**
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by infinitty(m): 7:25am On Dec 07, 2016
lady2lady:
You're such a hypocrite !!
And if you don't know,we have atleast 7% of virgins out there and I'm one of them.
You can Quote me wrong Ion fvcking care !!
Fvck off !!

hmm! she claim to be a virgin yet wants to know the things of sex in men not even about women. I wonder of of which essence. introv .
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by BALLOSKI: 7:53am On Dec 07, 2016
kingoduyebo1:

Lol
But in my case,I only sleep off after which I took alc,but on a good day laye never I can't sleep off after 1st round of s**
me sleep after one round? God forbid. As I de cum the first time, I continue without resting cos I no de allow my charger to go down.

First round de jonz person, but na him sweet pass.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by freshdude99(m): 8:23am On Dec 07, 2016
lady2lady:
And if you don't know,we have atleast 7% of virgins out there and I'm one of them.
Fvck off !!
Virgin my nyash
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by triggerhqppy: 8:38am On Dec 07, 2016
Hey Download the Jumia app and enjoy the convienience of buying products on your android quick and easy, Go to the PlayStore today - http:///2g10k13

Are you tired of your old phone? Do you want to suprise your spouse or friend with a new phone? do you want something new at decently slashed prices? follow the link and enjoy Jumia's endless list of phones at reduced rates now, limited offers
http:///2gxqVkr

Last Offer - Do you ant general discounts on products? shop with Jumia today.
http:///2gHU7rc

UP TO 21% DISCOUNT EVERYONE
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by shhoolla(m): 8:51am On Dec 07, 2016
Smellymouth:
Anty mi, please tomorrow early morning,come out from your gate,jog around your street from the beginning to the end only ten times..
When you finish, come and tell me how you feel..

You ladies think it is easy? Dude will be on top of you sweating like Shekau in Sambisa and whining his waist like Iyanya for 40 minutes while you lie down screaming, "Baby go deeper"..Do you know the amount of energy that is dissipated during sex?

As if that is not enough, the wicked girl will be whispering seductively, "Baby I want more"..Chisos!! More wetin? You wan kill person pikin!?Oya tell me what you want him to do after sex.. Harvest cassava for you?

Please ladies, when he is done, give him enough time to sleep and rest.When he wakes up, give him food with enough fish and meat..If after eating, he still looks tired,pet him to sleep biko.. Dem nor dey give person trophy after fvckiing..
my wife will tell me; so you are done be dat after 1 hr o o still expecting more some wife are wicked when it come to sex issue

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by swizzdre(m): 8:59am On Dec 07, 2016
Berlynn:
not all undecided
have you tried all?
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Chigold101(m): 9:25am On Dec 07, 2016
lady2lady:

Most men? wow! That means you have had a taste of so many men...
na wa oh!

anyway sex consumes energy so it is natural for someone who have spent so much energy to get relaxed and sleep off...
again women also sleep off after good sex.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Chigold101(m): 9:27am On Dec 07, 2016
kenonze:

humnn
this your profile picture is too suggestive
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Chigold101(m): 9:31am On Dec 07, 2016
lady2lady:
Fvck off !!
how does a virgin know that men sleep off after sex?

I am not doubting you are a virgin because I am married to a virgin ( and know countless others) but people will tag you whatever because you personalized your post. your post suggests that it is your experience.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Werehkpe: 9:35am On Dec 07, 2016
TrapHedges:
not all men..

Op said MOST not ALL. U no go school abi u just dumb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Ivwananji Charles Mwale In Nude Photos Scandal With Married Woman / Man Carries His Fiancee On His Shoulder Inside Swimming Pool In Pre-wedding Pics / Muhammed Alfa Marries Twin Sisters - Adama & Aisha In Bida (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.