Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? (55139 Views)

Why Men Feel Sleepy After Sex / 16 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Get Married According To Ada Bekee / Why Men Tired, Lose Interest, & Sleepy After Orgasm But Women Don't (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by lepasharon(f): 6:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
Women too, no?
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by poyet(m): 6:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
How many men have you experienced it from? For you to say this, it seems you have experimented with PENTY, right?
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by djlaqua91(m): 6:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
OP You think say to dig well easy?! I just dey look you wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Organs(m): 7:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
francislin:
Tell us how many u v slept with dat slept after having sex wit u then i will give the answer.

If you cannot answer the question, then just waka pass, you don't have to act the fool just for the heck of it.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Adonis86(m): 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
ted1741:
Men sleep off as a result of several biological factors: First, the obvious reasons for sex’s somnolent sway: the act frequently takes place at night, in a bed, and is, after all, physically exhausting (often more so for the man than the woman, although this certainly varies). So when sex is over, it’s natural for a guy to feel sleepy.

Secondly, research using positron emission tomography (PET) scans has shown that in order for a person to reach orgasm, a primary requirement is to let go of “all fear and anxiety.” Doing so also tends to be relaxing and might explain the tendency to snooze.

Then there is the biochemistry of the orgasm itself. Research shows that during ejaculation, men release a cocktail of brain chemicals, including norepinephrine, serotonin, oxytocin, vasopressin, nitric oxide (NO), and the hormone prolactin. The release of prolactin is linked to the feeling of sexual satisfaction, and it also mediates the “recovery time” that men are well aware of—the time a guy must wait before “giving it another go.” Studies have also shown that men deficient in prolactin have faster recovery times.

Prolactin levels are naturally higher during sleep, and animals injected with the chemical become tired immediately. This suggests a strong link between prolactin and sleep, so it’s likely that the hormone’s release during orgasm causes men to feel sleepy.

(Side note: prolactin also explains why men are sleepier after intercourse than after masturbation. For unknown reasons, intercourse orgasms release four times more prolactin than masturbatory orgasms, according to a recent study.)

Oxytocin and vasopressin, two other chemicals released during orgasm, are also associated with sleep. Their release frequently accompanies that of melatonin, the primary hormone that regulates our body clocks. Oxytocin is also thought to reduce stress levels, which again could lead to relaxation and sleepiness. Now you know.
You just nailed it. Though,there are exceptional cases with unconducive atmosphere, hardcore sex addicts, sex without emission of sperm,etc. These cant induce sleep under these condition.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by AnanseK(m): 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:
You're such a hypocrite !!
And if you don't know,we have atleast 7% of virgins out there and I'm one of them.
You can Quote me wrong Ion fvcking care !!
Fvck off !!

I am really sorry my Dear but the way you stated your question it suggested that you were talking about your personal experience.

You said;

" I HAVE ALWAYS noticed that MOST men...." This suggest that you have so much personal experience in this cohort study you must have carried out for a long time and with many subjects.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by riczy(m): 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
Smellymouth:
Anty mi, please tomorrow early morning,come out from your gate,jog around your street from the beginning to the end only ten times..
When you finish, come and tell me how you feel..

You ladies think it is easy? Dude will be on top of you sweating like shekau in sambisa and whining his waist like Iyanya for 40 minutes while you lie down screaming, "Baby go deeper"..Do you know the amount of energy that is dissipated during sex?

It is not an easy something jare...
since Mouth Action hard like dis hu send u?
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Akinvec(m): 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:
And if you don't know,we have atleast 7% of virgins out there and I'm one of them.
Fvck off !!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by chiefkpokp(m): 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
u b baba for sexiology oooooo000

kenonze:
75% of men that slept off did not use condom

20% of men that slept off used condom
Out of those 20%, 90% of them used other condom other than Gold circle.

5% of men that never dozz off were rapist and sexual abusers

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Franky826: 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
kenonze:

Court rise!!!
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Originalsly: 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
I think it's because men use a whole lot of energy... concentrated energy in sex..... like every part of the body that can add to the activity must contribute all it can. Not only energy to ehmmm... fling styles and keep up with the rhythm... withstand the beatings and the scratching and the biting and the anaconda type squeezings from the one from the other side...but also to get the lungs to supply oxygen and the heart to gather and keep up the blood pressure to maintain the necessary stiffness. Blood is even drawn from the eyes which becomes tired and if tired sleep is a must until things return to normal. But ehmmm.... why would you even ask such a question after seeing men be huffing and puffing and sweating bullets? But women also do fall asleep even before the man can roll off to doze off..... but that is only if the man took her all the way to Orgasm .. ..a road too long for some men while too many others don't know the way!
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Aniker(f): 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
Because we sucked the entire energy wink
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
u hv noticed dat men doze off immediately after sex , u r wondering what could be the cause. n u say u r a virgin ? lol !!! y do pple lie ?? why ? ? ?
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Mutuwa(m): 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:
Fvck off !!

Impressive.
You don't have to convince anyone.They can think whatever.As long as you know you are and your creator acknowledges,to hell with all and sundry who think otherwise.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by lonelydora: 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
Smellymouth:
Anty mi, please tomorrow early morning,come out from your gate,jog around your street from the beginning to the end only ten times..

You ladies think it is easy? Dude will be on top of you sweating like shekau in sambisa and whining his waist like Iyanya for 40 minutes while you lie down screaming, "Baby go deeper"..Do you know the amount of energy that is dissipated during sex?

One bottle of Hero beer for you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by SBG04: 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:
Fvck off !!
See your gutter language and see the question you asked, and you expect anyone to believe you're a virgin? You must be high on something. Next time ask one of those pot belied men you sleep with why they fall asleep after pounding you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by DICKtator: 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:
Hello from the other side !! cheesy

I've always noticed that most men always doze off immediately after sex.

Well,I wondering what could be the cause because it's weird.

So Romancelanders (as it's so called) Enlighten me a little bit.

Have you also felt sleepy and slept off? please tell me about it!

Next time you going to have it, let him lay down throughout while you work and ride him non-stop

Then, perhaps you'll understand

If you still don't get it, I give up!!!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by ezechinwa2: 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:
Google it
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by zicoraads: 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
Happens to me too. But mostly during the week, majorly when I'm already tired from work. But if it's on the weekend...pounding continues grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by iluvpomo(m): 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
kenonze:

this your DP bathrobe pic fit cause nairaland to crash from over-temperature shocked
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by lollmaolol(m): 7:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:
Fvck off !!

Hmmmm the F word just spoilt everything!
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Oluschenco(m): 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
What else do you expect after descending from a mountain than to relax the muscles. Hiaan na sleep sure pass. Mi o le wa ku (ise loloko nse)
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by EmekaBlue(m): 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
If men get tired and fall to sleep immediately after sex,then y is so hard to catch a rapist?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by toprealman: 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:

You have noticed.... are you voyeuristic? Or maybe a have many "bed mates". I'm struggling to understand by that phrase...." you've noticed. How did you come to that conclusion?
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by linearity: 7:22pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:

Your post said.."most men", can you put a number on the number of men?

I am guessing that, you must have had a personal experience with these "most men" to have come away with this conclusion.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by piperson(m): 7:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:

u try ooh

continue

God is watching u

https://www.nairaland.com/3486344/question-why-guys-most-timessleep
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Raskasal(m): 7:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
Smellymouth:

U're on point bro. Lots of energy was lost, that was why. And it is not weird..
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by tibro(m): 7:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
ted1741:
Men sleep off as a result of several biological factors: First, the obvious reasons for sex’s somnolent sway: the act frequently takes place at night, in a bed, and is, after all, physically exhausting (often more so for the man than the woman, although this certainly varies). So when sex is over, it’s natural for a guy to feel sleepy.

Secondly, research using positron emission tomography (PET) scans has shown that in order for a person to reach orgasm, a primary requirement is to let go of “all fear and anxiety.” Doing so also tends to be relaxing and might explain the tendency to snooze.

Then there is the biochemistry of the orgasm itself. Research shows that during ejaculation, men release a cocktail of brain chemicals, including norepinephrine, serotonin, oxytocin, vasopressin, nitric oxide (NO), and the hormone prolactin. The release of prolactin is linked to the feeling of sexual satisfaction, and it also mediates the “recovery time” that men are well aware of—the time a guy must wait before “giving it another go.” Studies have also shown that men deficient in prolactin have faster recovery times.

Prolactin levels are naturally higher during sleep, and animals injected with the chemical become tired immediately. This suggests a strong link between prolactin and sleep, so it’s likely that the hormone’s release during orgasm causes men to feel sleepy.

(Side note: prolactin also explains why men are sleepier after intercourse than after masturbation. For unknown reasons, intercourse orgasms release four times more prolactin than masturbatory orgasms, according to a recent study.)

Oxytocin and vasopressin, two other chemicals released during orgasm, are also associated with sleep. Their release frequently accompanies that of melatonin, the primary hormone that regulates our body clocks. Oxytocin is also thought to reduce stress levels, which again could lead to relaxation and sleepiness. Now you know.

Good physiology student.
Thumbs up.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Kazrem(m): 7:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
lady2lady:

So you have slept with many men to know that most men sleep immediately after sex.

To your question, there an hormone (or whatever, can't remember the name now) that makes one sleep deep immediately after that thing.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2016
toprealman:
You have noticed.... are you voyeuristic? Or maybe a have many "bed mates". I'm struggling to understand by that phrase...." you've noticed. How did you come to that conclusion?
da acts of noticing n experience r inseparable. U can't " notice " men sleeping off after sex if u haven't had sex with dem . n then say u r a virgin. Virginity's overrated anyway , a woman's worth has nothing to do with her hymen , any man who doesn't know dis is an idiat. but pple should quit lying . It's d men who sleep with women then turn around looking for a virgin to marry dat i will blame.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
Its simple nature. Alot of energy through various body fluids and chemicals is released during sex especially after ejaculating
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Sleepy After Sex? by adefizzy(m): 7:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
Only weak men get sleepy after sex. Sex with a strong man will make the lady fall into deep sleep.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Muhammed Alfa Marries Twin Sisters - Adama & Aisha In Bida (Video) / The first 5 things guys look at withing the first 50 secs. Of Meeting a lady / Run From Girls Who Have Much Female Bestie - Facebook Lady Warns(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.