Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business (54574 Views)

See How MTN Wants Us To Compulsorily Exhaust Our Data / How To Create Viber Account With U.S Number / MTN Boss Is Asking FG To Ban Whatsapp, Viber In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by emmydollars4life(m): 5:16pm On Dec 07, 2016
somadinho10:
So you prefer we suffered for your selfish aims upon the billions you make daily
Bro make i release thunder on the man, because he suppose to go, we have indigenous company Glo
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2016
Lmao

NCC Oya come and protect Mtn too at the expense of 170million nigerians

Bastard organization.

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by AnusOdourInhaler: 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2016
Seun:
So they wanted to implement a tax on a feature than Nigerians no longer use as much.

This is what is trying to drive me mad.. They should let us be...
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2016
What do you mean? Una plan no go work o. After the data hike wahala, una wan make em Ban this social networks? una sha no wan make we use social networks for this 9ja.....
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by SmartMugu: 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2016
MTN should first go and ban whatshap and viber in South Africa where they came from.

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by ANGELLILLY(f): 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2016
undecided una no get better tins 2 yanh make una go sleep jare..mtcheeew
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2016
Dumb capitalist!
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Ahmeduana(m): 5:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
THIS Mr. Ferdinand Moolman, SINCE THEY BROUGHT HIM FROM SOUTH AFRICA TO COME AND CLEAN THE MESS OF THAT 1 POINT SOMETHING BILLION SANCTION HE HAS BEEN BEHAVING AS IF HE IS A TOUGH GUY, HAS HE FORGOTTEN THAT WHATSAPP IS A APPLICATION?
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2016
Only in Nigeria Man, Only in Nigeria.
This is one of the reasons white people see us like monkeys.
Imagine a big telecom company spewing out that trash.
Is it not the same data we bought from you??
I'm not understanding

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy See Nigeria that cannot close Nairaland is talking about shutting down worldwide Whatsapp and Viber.
Monkeys everywhere? undecided undecided undecided
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by shedy03(m): 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2016
jacabi:
I think mtn is responsible for the proposed data tariff increment. They might have bribed NCC. They may even have their way in the red chamber, through the power of Ghana must go. My opinion though.
u may not be totally wrong.
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by tochez24(m): 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2016
why is it that all the people at the top think its themselves only nd their already swollen pockets...who mtn epp sef? we r even thinking of banning them sef...we can manage glo dem

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by kmaxx(m): 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2016
Una never cry. Wait until I lunch FREE high speed public WiFi for all Nigerians + a Free call/sms App. Mtcheew!

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by statetostate: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2016

[size=28pt]To stop agitation for breakup, we do regional election. that why, abuja does not have too much power and the people can blame their problem in their various region, not abuja

everybody can not be president to fix the problem, with region. you can fix most of the problem.
[/size]

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by truvine(m): 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2016
Sandydayziz:
He's not serious.... Mtchew
My sister, you can say that again!!!
HE IS NOT SERIOUS... GBAM!
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by MONITZ: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2016
Seun360:
Mtn championed the imminent proposed data hike, that's the reason they quickly sent out sms in respect to that effect.

I always knew it was a case of the hand of Esau and voice of Jacob wen N. C. C proposed a hike in data pricing even with all the rhetorics and denials of Telecom operators not being complicit in the sham.But with this coming from M. T. N, our fears re confirmed.

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by FakoMaybach1: 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2016
i agree with what MTN is saying...wassap is worth billions yet it does not contribute to Nigeria in any way

Wassap is almost useless, only good at spreading fake job rumors and fake prayers...i wonder who has come out to testify that wassap has given him or her a job

abeg make dem ban wassap jor, facebook, nairaland is ok
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by francisbiz: 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2016
You CHEATS sold ordinary sim cards to Nigerians at N30,000. You can stew in your own juice for all I care. MTN- MURDER THE NATION !

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by funloaded: 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
They are just being stupid.... Why can't they create an app and call it Y'ello then make it free for all mtn users, atleast there will be some revenues generated from this app and moreover, we don't use whatsapp sim, na mtn sim we dey use
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by ehinorlive: 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2016
Nigerians can feel the impact and presence of whatsapp and viber- Oga don't say that.
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by buffalowings: 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2016
yomi007k:

In ur dreams.....Tnk God for watsapp. Free calls all d way

Wait doesn't it use up data shocked
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
isnt it through the same data we buy from mtn and the likes that we use in running whatsapp? y dem come dey complain, lazy companies.
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by buffalowings: 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
AheadMarket:
cheesy cheesy cheesy See Nigeria that cannot close Nairaland is talking about shutting down worldwide Whatsapp and Viber.
Monkeys everywhere? undecided undecided undecided

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by arsenal33: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2016
so they can use whatsapp in south africa abi?
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by pat077: 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2016
So thats the reason they want to make data expensive. Wicked and selfish people. They shld tell that to South Africa government where they came came from. Ndi Ara!
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by yomi007k(m): 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
buffalowings:

Wait doesn't it use up data shocked

It does but minute ....
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Ebymyk(m): 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
Thunder fire una (mtn),thunder block him mouth,mtn dey craze!w@ r we benefitin 4rm dos bastards,if nt our clueless govt.mtn is sopoz 2 be sacked out of 9ja by nw!
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by jayAjoku(m): 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2016
make them go na ... they don't know that if those apps are banned their businesses will shutdown faster than the meltdown in 2008
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Xano(m): 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2016
shedy03:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/12/07/whatsapp-viber-others-adversely-affecting-business-nigeria-mtn/

subscribers don't make much calls these days because of whatsapp, lolz.

Whatsapp is very important. No need for sms, reduced call time rate.
Chat made easy.

My sympathy MTN, live with it.

But with due respect sir, I heard there is such thing as Corporate madness, please, I don't want to believe your Multinational company has it.
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Moblord(m): 5:38pm On Dec 07, 2016
In this case is MTN that'll leave naija o

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Xano(m): 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
funloaded:
They are just being stupid.... Why can't they create an app and call it Y'ello then make it free for all mtn users, atleast there will be some revenues generated from this app and moreover, we don't use whatsapp sim, na mtn sim we dey use

Thank you.

Upload A Picture Of Your Homescreen And Let's Guess The Phone / FG To Reduce Data Cost From N1,000 To N390 Per Gigabyte / It's Official Burna Boy Is Breaking Guinness World Records With TECNO BOOM J7