Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business (54576 Views)

See How MTN Wants Us To Compulsorily Exhaust Our Data / How To Create Viber Account With U.S Number / MTN Boss Is Asking FG To Ban Whatsapp, Viber In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by wristbangle: 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2016
ProfTea18:

Point of correction.
It was N50 per minute billing, not N5 or N10. SMS was N15 then.

It was a per minute billing, meaning you will pay an extra N50 even if you spend 1 second beyond a minute.

Can u imagine? Chai these thieves finish nigeria no be small
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by chiraqDemon(m): 8:12pm On Dec 07, 2016
Mtn una real father
Whoever that guy is i hope they ban your father
Ur father full left leg wella
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by somadinho10: 8:23pm On Dec 07, 2016
Sandydayziz:
He's not serious.... Mtchew
babe you dope like crack
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by DorisK(f): 8:38pm On Dec 07, 2016
Okwa unu nafu aruruala? they are not perturbed how their charges have been injuring my pocket, its this small shortcut gain somebori is getting that is giving them running stomach. ndi oshiiii!!!!!!
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by hatchy(f): 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2016
Who dey give these people weed smoke before them begin open mouth talk sef??

All they are after is how to enslave the masses and increase their gains at our detriment.

The sleepless night MMM is giving them,WhatsApp is also giving them. The rich does not want the poor to be free.

God dey watch una!
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by abimic(m): 8:43pm On Dec 07, 2016
jacabi:
I think mtn is responsible for the proposed data tariff increment. They might have bribed NCC. They may even have their way in the red chamber, through the power of Ghana must go. My opinion though.
They were the first to report It to the populace, it seems to me they stand to gain lots from it, I can't really trust MTN, even in the hearing today, they were the only operator there even the small companies being protected by NCC didn't show up, so one can't tell me MTN isn't the biggest gainer from this.
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Sandydayziz(f): 8:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
somadinho10:
babe you dope like crack
kisskisskiss
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by abdallah9566(m): 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2016
guys please... I'm new to nairaland can someone please give me a gps location on how to comment on a thread??
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by somadinho10: 9:13pm On Dec 07, 2016
Sandydayziz:
kisskisskiss
me right now

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by somadinho10: 9:15pm On Dec 07, 2016
Sandydayziz:
kisskisskiss
I don die
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Sandydayziz(f): 9:22pm On Dec 07, 2016
somadinho10:
me right now
Lolz... That's nasty... wink
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by infiniteboy(m): 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
Didn't they affect NIPOST when they came in
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by giftedben: 9:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
sleekydee1:
beht is their data we use to do whassaping, vibering and odas Na grin

Is the data for free.
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by fakati(m): 9:36pm On Dec 07, 2016
Mtn are you sure your brain is not paining you?what of the data we use to access the whatsapp?
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 07, 2016
whatsapp and viper are NOT banned in south africa where MTN comes from... so what or who gives them the authority to dictate things here in Nigeria?
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by charlove(m): 10:18pm On Dec 07, 2016
He should simply remove whatsapp and viber from mtn network na, abi na by force to use them?
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by 2LESS(m): 10:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
[quote author=Stateside post=51721420]This is the same network that used to say that there is nothing like PER SECOND billing until GLO start billing per second. They used to round up the call to the minute. U call for 1mins 20secs and you get billed for 2 mins. They ran that scam for a long time before GLO saved us.

They paid a lot of money in Ghana to block GLO into coming in for a long time before they could no longer.

If not for the thousands of jobs they offer Nigerians, i will like to see them go.

Technology is a double edge sword. The same way they took business from NITEL, Post office, DHL and transport companies, the same way whatsapp is taking their business.

Before, people used to go to NITEL to call. They used to send people to travel and deliver message and send messages thru post office.

That got eliminated cos phones came along. Why didn't those ppl cry about eliminating MTN?

Even with whatsapp, you need data to call, hence they are still seeing some money unlike NITEL and Post office who has ZERO benefits from introduction of handsets.

I hope he is just joking

Take any bottle for my "head"

1 Like

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by koolaid87: 10:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
When they see that you're comfortable and happy, they do their best to turn it otherwise

same way pastors are preaching blasphemy on MMM cos they see people smiling.

Crazy world! undecided
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by koolaid87: 10:36pm On Dec 07, 2016
infiniteboy:
Didn't they affect NIPOST when they came in

You mean Nitel..
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Sike(m): 10:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
vcente:
We are waiting for you guys to try it
"LIKE THIS"
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Sike(m): 10:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
vcente:
We are waiting for you guys to try it
"LIKE THIS"
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by aalangel(f): 10:53pm On Dec 07, 2016
sleekydee1:
beht is their data we use to do whassaping, vibering and odas Na grin

You just made the man look stupid.
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by sleekydee1(m): 11:07pm On Dec 07, 2016
aalangel:

You just made the man look stupid.
haaaaaa, what I do Na, me was just reminding him ni, looks like dey forgot

1 Like

Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by aalangel(f): 11:17pm On Dec 07, 2016
sleekydee1:

haaaaaa, what I do Na, me was just reminding him ni, looks like dey forgot

As if the browsing is free.
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by themanderon: 11:32pm On Dec 07, 2016
The greedy and thieving network are at it again. una think say everyday na Xmas for una? make una go enjoy our money wey una don dey pack all these years.
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by RUDEBOYY(m): 11:32pm On Dec 07, 2016
can u imagine...so they are not even grateful for the data used on such platforms...smh
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by FakoMaybach1: 11:46pm On Dec 07, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

What's wassap? If you want to spell, please spell right.

Dont quote me again in your nairaland life span last warning
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by somadinho10: 12:25am On Dec 08, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Lolz... That's nasty... wink
well you can call me nasty c
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by Eaglesence: 12:30am On Dec 08, 2016
EMU T HEN you have asked for a hard thing
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by DedeNkem: 2:43am On Dec 08, 2016
The id'iot forgot that Nigerians use paid data from Nigeria’s telecom companies to access those apps. Which means they make money when Nigerians use anything that works with internet.

The fool used United Arab Emirates as an example, a muslim country that controls what its citizen do online!

If this incompetent Government does what this fool is suggesting then other Nigerian companies will follow suit. E.g. Nigerian web hosts will urge govt. to ban Nigerians from using foreign web hosts. Innoson will also urge govt. to ban Nigerians from using foreign cars.
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by OdyOdy(m): 5:14am On Dec 08, 2016
MTN should get creative and come up with a competitive app. Their local presence and their data service offering can be their advantage.
I laughed when people hailed and cheered when Zuckerberg came to Nigeria. He is a business man. He came to scan Nigeria for business expansion opportunities. And this will be detrimental to Telecom companies.
Nigeria should learn from China. Let's not sell ourselves.
Re: MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business by murmee: 5:18am On Dec 08, 2016
abimic:

They were the first to report It to the populace, it seems to me they stand to gain lots from it, I can't really trust MTN, even in the hearing today, they were the only operator there even the small companies being protected by NCC didn't show up, so one can't tell me MTN isn't the biggest gainer from this.
A very reliable source in the Telco industry told me that it was MTN that initiated the data increase because they (MTN) fear losing their subscribers to Glo and Airtel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Upload A Picture Of Your Homescreen And Let's Guess The Phone / FG To Reduce Data Cost From N1,000 To N390 Per Gigabyte / It's Official Burna Boy Is Breaking Guinness World Records With TECNO BOOM J7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.