Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Red Ashes - Literature (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (593331 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 04, 2017
cyndylove64:
am not bad jawe.the guy need to be put in his place#seriously i don't insult people u can ask mummy pinky#winks
i trust ya jare,d senseless niggar needed it
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 11:02pm On Feb 04, 2017
To all dos inquiring about my health, i appreciate. By God's grace, i am recovering. All na pregnancy palava. I'm just glad i have just three months to go

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by kajsa08: 12:43am On Feb 05, 2017
Chumzypinky:
To all dos inquiring about my health, i appreciate. By God's grace, i am recovering. All na pregnancy palava. I'm just glad i have just three months to go
hmmmm, @chumzypinky d story is still having a swell time n v bin observing some things for a few days n I'll render my "who ask u qweshun" advice.
1. its not every fool u reply.
2. don't give unknown people too much private info about ur life. (many r not sane here)
#iloveuregardless ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ *kisskiss*
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:06am On Feb 05, 2017
kajsa08:

hmmmm, @chumzypinky d story is still having a swell time n v bin observing some things for a few days n I'll render my "who ask u qweshun" advice.
1. its not every fool u reply.
2. don't give unknown people too much private info about ur life. (many r not sane here)
#iloveuregardless ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ *kisskiss*
tanx dear
Re: Red Ashes by ayoxelee(m): 7:43am On Feb 05, 2017
awww!!! many things ayaff happened in my absence. @chumzypinky how are you feeling now , hope you have fully recovered?
wish you sound health and safe delivery
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 8:38am On Feb 05, 2017
shocked shocked
Chumzypinky:

you carry Belle again? u won born first eleven abi
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2017
How I wish mama Nene had at least one very dirty secret that Chunks had carelessly shared, let him brag "I'm not done with you", then she hits back.

Nice madam author!

Nathan if you don't stop those your bad habits......

ComelyJummy how body?

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 12:41pm On Feb 05, 2017
[quote author=jagugu88li post=53435543]How I wish mama Nene had at least one very dirty secret that Chunks had carelessly shared, let him brag "I'm not done with you", then she hits back.

Nice madam author!

Nathan if you don't stop those your bad habits......

ComelyJummy how body?[/quot

jaguguuuuuu were hv u been

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by hatchetman(m): 1:12pm On Feb 05, 2017
3 months...? abeg get totally healed ijn..safe delievery in advance
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 05, 2017
[quote author=wizsolzy post=53436472][/quote] Ey my friend, January is always my "hide from everyone" month. That month is busy

Hope you're doing good your side kiss
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:49pm On Feb 05, 2017
jagugu88li:
Ey my friend, January is always my "hide from everyone" month. That month is busy

mummy i rili missd u
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2017
jagugu88li:
Ey my friend, January is always my "hide from everyone" month. That month is busy

yea my side is OK. wat about urs
Re: Red Ashes by Azeequeen(f): 5:38pm On Feb 05, 2017
jagugu88li:

I missed you dear...How are you?
Re: Red Ashes by Queengolden(f): 6:07pm On Feb 05, 2017
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color] i cant believe dat dis the tenth time am refreshing dis page................. Mummy pinky please come and satisfy my little heart
Re: Red Ashes by Moshmustapha(m): 7:19pm On Feb 05, 2017
Chumzypinky nice work madam, more grace to ur elbow
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:20pm On Feb 05, 2017
Queengolden:
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color] i cant believe dat dis the tenth time am refreshing dis page................. Mummy pinky please come and satisfy my little heart
oh Queengolden! Ur moniker melted my heart. Dont wori, because of u, i'm going to update very soon, u hear? Let me jst finish cooking dinner
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
Dedicated to Queengolden...

CHIOMA.
I felt happy about the decision i made. I was even more glad that OI easily agreed to help me. I never thought she's easily agree to my decision, but then she had smiled, for the first time since i've known her, and she had said she had helped so many people in the past. That she knew that many people in my shoes would want to do what i want to. That it was the easiest way out.
But then, she tried to make me change my mind. She tried advicing me. Asking if i'd thought about my daughter and family members and i said yes. What else could i do?

'but i want to see my daughter for the last time. I want to talk to her for a very long time. The thirty minutes is not enough' i complained.

'so how many hours do you now want? A hundred?' she asked.

'not really. Maybe three hours'

She eyed me and gulped from her bottled water again 'okay. I'll give you a complete day to spend with your daughter'

I gasped 'how is that possible?'

'you'll go home today when your daughter comes and you'll come back tomorrow by this same time. And you must not say a word to anyone. I'll help you escape' i smiled in gratitude and was about saying something when she hushed me 'this is the first time i'm doing this for someone. Its not as if i care too much about you, i dont really. You should know i dont care too much about humans by now. You can go. When your daughter comes, tell a constable to call me'

I stood up 'thank you OI, my God will bless you'

'a constable will take you back to the cell' she said not raising her head up from the files on her desk.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by CHICHIRITAB(f): 8:58pm On Feb 05, 2017
Namesake,hv bn readn ur work wen i was a guest nw i ve join d train n i luv d style of writng.God bless ur effort.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:06pm On Feb 05, 2017
KAINENE.
Even as i drove to the police station, my dream kept haunting me. Was i really going to run mad? Was the blood convenant really efficient? If it was really efficient, that means Nathan never cheated on me.

No. He cheated. And the fact that he cheated and didnt run mad meant the oath held no significance in our lives.

But then i missed him. Tears fell from my eyes. I missed him so much it hurts. I just wanted to get back with him. I had tried calling his number that afternoon but he kept busying my calls.

And then i sent him a text begging him to pick my calls, he didnt reply. I didnt know why i was even calling him. But i knew i just wanted to hear his voice.

I grabbed the flask on the passenger's seat and came down from the car. Mother's court case was in two weeks time.

I walked into the station and i met the usual angry looking constable that was always there everytime i came there 'good afternoon sir' i greeted.

'wait, make i bring your mama. And wetin dey for me nah? Wetin you carry for that cooler so?'

'i just brought food for my mum'

'ogbeni jhor! Speak pidgin, i be like civillian for your eye? Who you dey blow grammar for? All this girls wey too dey form sef'

'bros abeg no vex. Na just small food wey i carry come for my mi-le. Na beans and plantain dey inside'

'na now you come. So wetin dey for me nah? As you fine so, i sure say you go sabi cook wella. So you no carry beans come for me shey?'

'ah! No vex. Na forget i forget but dont worry, next time i no go forget your matter'

'oya give me this one' he said pointing to the flask in my hands.

'which one?'

'the one wey you carry for hand nah!'

'but i say this one na my mumsi own na. Dont worry, i go roger you something sha' i opened my animal-skin purse and brought out three naira notes, a thousand naira 'abeg manage this one. Make i see my mumsi'

'oya go siddon. I dey come' he collected the money from me, eyed my ass then left to get my mum.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 05, 2017
God bless u 4 updating. Thank u.

2 Likes

Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 05, 2017
Chumzypinky:

mummy i rili missd u
Chai, life just dey do me anyhow
Azeequeen:

I missed you dear...How are you?
Aaaahh, I'm so happy you're are still around. Some of my pipuli has gone underworld. How body na?
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 10:03pm On Feb 05, 2017
CHIOMA.
OI gave me a black shawl to wrap around my body, then she gave me a dark spec. She gave me a sandal for me to wear, then she distracted the constables at the back and that was where i passed. It was broad daylight. But i was glad we succeeded.
Kainene took me home that day after OI issued me a serious warning that if i should escape or try to do anything funny, that she wouldnt spare anything in order to catch and destroy me. And after she slipped the stuff into my hands.
Nene kept sending me confused glances, she had insisted i explained everything to her but i refused until we got home.

I asked her to distract Shalewa so she doesnt know i'm in the house and she did just that. By the time i was in the safety of my room, i decided to explain. I told her everything starting from my friendship with OI, to how she insisted to help me spend a day with her and so forth. But i left the most vital part of the whole thing and i knew Kainene would never forgive me for that.

'Nene, i need to tell you something' i said to her.

'what is that mum?'

'its about your father'

'what about my father?'

Then i told her everything about the blackmail, the threats and all. By time i was true she was fuming in anger.

'i swear i'm going to make that man pay for all that he's done to you mother! I'm going to kill him, i swear!'

'calm down dear'

KAINENE.
That night i couldnt sleep. I kept turning and tossing on the bed. I'd wanted to spend the night with mother but for some reasons best known to her, she insisted i went back to my room. And so i had to.
But i couldnt sleep.
Thoughts of mother, the demon i called a father, Nathan and my dream kept coming to my mind. At a time i had to groan, i couldnt contain it anymore. I was going through so much pains at the moment and the person who would have stood by me was nowhere to be found. Nathan, my Nathan.

I heard a noise from the next room, my mother's room. At first i wondered what it was. Could it be a mice? I decided to check.

Then i stood up from my bed and went to her room. And....

TBC.
I've finally completed the episode, goodnyt pals

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Emekus92(m): 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2017
Chumzypinky:
CHIOMA.
OI gave me a black shawl to wrap around my body, then she gave me a dark spec. She gave me a sandal for me to wear, then she distracted the constables at the back and that was where i passed. It was broad daylight. But i was glad we succeeded.
Kainene took me home that day after OI issued me a serious warning that if i should escape or try to do anything funny, that she wouldnt spare anything in order to catch and destroy me. And after she slipped the stuff into my hands.
Nene kept sending me confused glances, she had insisted i explained everything to her but i refused until we got home.

I asked her to distract Shalewa so she doesnt know i'm in the house and she did just that. By the time i was in the safety of my room, i decided to explain. I told her everything starting from my friendship with OI, to how she insisted to help me spend a day with her and so forth. But i left the most vital part of the whole thing and i knew Kainene would never forgive me for that.

'Nene, i need to tell you something' i said to her.

'what is that mum?'

'its about your father'

'what about my father?'

Then i told her everything about the blackmail, the threats and all. By time i was true she was fuming in anger.

'i swear i'm going to make that man pay for all that he's done to you mother! I'm going to kill him, i swear!'

'calm down dear'

KAINENE.
That night i couldnt sleep. I kept turning and tossing on the bed. I'd wanted to spend the night with mother but for some reasons best known to her, she insisted i went back to my room. And so i had to.
But i couldnt sleep.
Thoughts of mother, the demon i called a father, Nathan and my dream kept coming to my mind. At a time i had to groan, i couldnt contain it anymore. I was going through so much pains at the moment and the person who would have stood by me was nowhere to be found. Nathan, my Nathan.

I heard a noise from the next room, my mother's room. At first i wondered what it was. Could it be a mice? I decided to check.

Then i stood up from my bed and went to her room. And....

TBC.
I've finally completed the episode, goodnyt pals
You hv nt complete it oo. And what please add more
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 05, 2017
and what? This is not complete na grin
Re: Red Ashes by Queengolden(f): 11:18pm On Feb 05, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Dedicated to Queengolden...

CHIOMA.
I felt happy about the decision i made. I was even more glad that OI easily agreed to help me. I never thought she's easily agree to my decision, but then she had smiled, for the first time since i've known her, and she had said she had helped so many people in the past. That she knew that many people in my shoes would want to do what i want to. That it was the easiest way out.
But then, she tried to make me change my mind. She tried advicing me. Asking if i'd thought about my daughter and family members and i said yes. What else could i do?

'but i want to see my daughter for the last time. I want to talk to her for a very long time. The thirty minutes is not enough' i complained.

'so how many hours do you now want? A hundred?' she asked.

'not really. Maybe three hours'

She eyed me and gulped from her bottled water again 'okay. I'll give you a complete day to spend with your daughter'

I gasped 'how is that possible?'

'you'll go home today when your daughter comes and you'll come back tomorrow by this same time. And you must not say a word to anyone. I'll help you escape' i smiled in gratitude and was about saying something when she hushed me 'this is the first time i'm doing this for someone. Its not as if i care too much about you, i dont really. You should know i dont care too much about humans by now. You can go. When your daughter comes, tell a constable to call me'

I stood up 'thank you OI, my God will bless you'

'a constable will take you back to the cell' she said not raising her head up from the files on her desk.
thank you soooooo much ma for dedicating this post to me more grace to you life good nite
Re: Red Ashes by Rhayne(f): 11:20pm On Feb 05, 2017
This is a perfect example of suspence
Re: Red Ashes by Gideonzino(m): 11:25pm On Feb 05, 2017
Hello every one, this is ma first time commenting. I am happy to have read this story from episode one till now. It is interesting, challenging and mind changing. Thanks moma Chumzy for this nice post.
Re: Red Ashes by kajsa08: 5:22am On Feb 06, 2017
Chumzypinky:
tanx dear
uwc baby.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:48am On Feb 06, 2017
NATHAN.
My phone's ringing tone woke me up from sleep. I was a bit surprised because even without checking the caller id, i knew who was calling. I knew the person who has that special ringing tone:
If our love was a fairytale
I would charge in and rescue you
On a yatch, baby we would sail
To an island where we's day i do
And if we had babies
They would look like you
It'd be so beautiful if they came true
You dont even know how very special you are...

I checked the time on the wall clock first, it was almost 2am. Why was she calling by this time? Was there a problem?

If it had been daytime, i wouldnt have picked the call. But this was in the middle of the night. And it was not just anybody calling, it was Kainene. My Kainene. My Nene.

I picked 'hello?' i tried to sound cold.

I heard her sigh in relief 'hello Nathan, thank God you picked!' then i heard her sniff.

'wait, are you crying?'

'Nathan, please can you come over? My mum...my mother collapsed! I dont know what to do, please rush over immediately' she cried.

I hurriedly sat up 'your mother what? Isnt she supposed to be at the station? Where are you this moment?'

'i'm at home. Sorry for disturbing. I just didnt know who else to call'

'its okay. I'm rushing over right now' I quickly hung up.
I rushed to my wardrobe, pulled on a white jalamia over my body, packed my hair in a bun, then i remembered i needed to have a haircut, training my hair and sometimes plaiting it was something i was already tired of.

Then i rushed out of the house.

KAKA.
I couldnt sleep so i decided to log into facebook. It was already 1am. I first decided to reply my messages then check my friend requests.
I came across a Davidson Dandyson. The name caught my attention. I checked the DP and it was that guy from the club and Goldens restaurant.

I scoffed. What was this stalker asking for my friend request? I contemplated for a while and out of boredom, i decided to accept him.

A message came from him almost immediately 'hi there, i knew you would accept my request. Remember me?'

I rolled my eyes and typed a reply 'why wont i remember Mr. Club Preacher?'

'lol. Meaning you've been constantly thinking about me then'

I scoffed before typing 'in your dreams'

'so whats up? Are you married now? Your status says engaged'

That was when it came to me that i was yet to edit my status back to single. I shrugged 'its really none of your business'

'maybe if you would just calm down and be freespirited, just maybe you might enjoy this chat. Because for you to be chatting by this time shows you cant sleep'

'whatever! Even if i cant sleep, i certainly wont while away time with the likes of you'

'funny enough you're using me to while away time. Because if not, you wont be replying me immediately'

I was about typing an insultive message when my phone rang. It was Kainene. I was surprised, why was she calling by this time?
I picked the call 'hello Nene?'

'Kaka...Kaka. Its my mum! She collapsed'

'what?!' i quickly sat up 'how...how did it happen?'

'i was just in my room when...' she was crying 'when i heard a noise from her room and i rushed over. Then i found her on the floor, whitish substances on her mouth'

I became confused 'wait. What are you saying? You're obviously blabbing. What would your mother who's in custody be doing in your house, in her room?'

'you wont understand Kainene. I cant explain now. All i know is that we're at home. I'm scared of taking her to the hospital because of the police. I.... Thank God Nathan is here already. Kamsi, please rush over too. I cant do this alone' she hung up.

I quickly stood up, i wore a black loose top over my white mickey mouse pajamas trousers, i found a slippers around the room and slipped my feet into them. I picked my car keys and dashed out of the house.

I met Kelechi outside the compound, talking with a guy. At that time of the night?

I horned and i could tell she was startled. Kelechi was just 18. When did she start sneaking out of the house by this time just to talk with a guy?

She rushed over to my window shivering in fear. I eyed her. I didnt have her time 'go back into the house right now! I'll deal with you later' she ran in and i drove away.

TBC

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 06, 2017
Thanks for this early morning rice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by talk2saintify(m): 9:46am On Feb 06, 2017
awesome

suspense filled smiley smiley

ah guess the next update will be tonitesad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 10:38am On Feb 06, 2017
talk2saintify:
awesome

suspense filled smiley smiley

ah guess the next update will be tonitesad sad sad
lol, maybe. I'm stil offduty

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.