Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,646 members, 7,813,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Red Ashes - Literature (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (592741 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 6:46am On Feb 20, 2017
ikombe:
3 quote @ once
Na network bros
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 6:47am On Feb 20, 2017
[quote author=Chumzypinky post=53866183]Bia, Ikombe, Wizsolzy and the other chatters in the house, i want to enter my thread reading people's views about the story, the criticisms and all and not seeing hilarious pictures. I didnt open this thread for that. I know there must be a time for chattering, but the chatters has got to stop now please, its getting too much and occupying my thread. Thanks for understanding...[/quote

mummy chumzy sowi

Re: Red Ashes by bimberry1307(f): 8:56am On Feb 20, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]Chumzypinky, u don vex? oya no vex. no dey mind dem jawe. oya com update quick quick.
Re: Red Ashes by Nnnena(f): 9:11am On Feb 20, 2017
Waiting patiently for an update
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 10:41am On Feb 20, 2017
ikombe:
Even seun that opened nairaland didnt open it for Afonja's and IPOB to be fighting on any topic that hits frontpage. But shits happen grin . Just get used to it tongue

And please put a respeck on ma name angry

i go just change am for u anyhow anyhow, no try me. Not joking. I'm telling u i dont like it when it becomes excess, u're telling me to get used to it, whats wrong with you?
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 11:06am On Feb 20, 2017
KAKA.
I entered the kitchen overhearing Chidinma making a call which she dropped immediately i entered. I saw her trying fruitlessly to wipe the tears falling from her eyes but they kept dropping. She looked at me, unable to meet my eyes, then she carried her tray and left the kitchen.

I just went on with what i came to do. Just then i heard a phone ring, a nokia ringtone actually. It wasnt my phone. I looked around and i saw a phone ringing on the sink. My guess was that it was Chidinma's phone. Out of curiousity, i decided to check who was calling. The caller ID said CHUKA IGHO.

I frowned. Why was the name so familiar?

I silenced the phone. Why i did that, i did not know. Then i took it to my room. I started going through her messages. Most of her messages were sent to same CHUKA IGHO. Then i started reading.

Chuka, please i really need money for the children's schoolfees and upkeep. This is my new number, my elder sister just got me a new phone

Then the next one Chuka, why are you doing this? Have you no iota of shame at all? What kind of a father are you? Why just cant you be responsible for once? Eh? Dem swear for you? Whats your problem? You cant even appreciate me at all. Do you think its every 29 year old girl that can stay faithful to a randy old 55 year old man like you?

I gasped, Chidinma's "husband" was actually a 55year old man?

Igho. Igho. Igho. Wasnt that Kainene's surname?

I dropped the phone. Then i remembered i actually needed to call Kainene. I hadnt called her since i arrived Portharcourt the day before.

'hello babe' her voice sounded weak and sleepy.

'dont tell me you're still on your bed babyK'

'i still dey oo. Body just tire me i swear. Morning sickness wan finish me sef'

'eyaa, sorry you hear. Next time when they say, dont do the do, you adhere to it, understood?'

'your papa. Like say you yourself adhere to am. Hafa na? What about Messy?'

'Messy is fine. Hmm, you cant believe wetin sup for here. You know that my runaway ashawo of a sister, Chidinma?'

'eh, no be that one wey tear you slap that day for our graduation? Sec school'

'you be yeye pikin oo. Na only that one you remember abi?'

'hahaha, tell me wetin sup jhor!'

'she dey here oo. I just arrive Port na i see her for here. She carry 3kwashiorkor come say na pikin, i dey tells you'

'eh, she don marry for Togo be that na, man must to change oil, no be your slangs be that?'

'and you know wetin i find out now? She born for man wey rich to be her popsy oo, 55year old man, one Chuka Igho like that'

'eh? You say?'

'i say na one Chuka Igho like that. And e just dey do me like say i know the man, the name just dey familiar for my ear'

'what a coincidence! My fa...i mean the man whose sperm brought me into this world is actually Chuka Igho, and he's 55years old'

'and he once resided in Togo according to you' i chipped in surprised, it certainly couldnt be that Chuka Igho, Kainene's father was my sister's children's father!

'i swear! So that man actually has three kids with your sister? Well, i'm actually not surprised. He's just a useless man'

'mehn! See twist of fate oo. So my nieces and nephews are actually your stepsiblings, meaning you're my half niece too nah. And i'm your stepaunt'

'your papa'

'but thats the truth nah'

'i just wish mother was alive. So she could have seen for herself the type of man she wanted to give a second chance. Foolish man!'

'hey calm down, he's your dad remember and basically, we dont even know if truly your dad is the Chuka Igho we're talking about here. There are several 55year old Chuka Ighos all over the world'

'you're just a case study. What about Davidson?'

'he's cool. We spoke on phone this morning sef'

'so what was the matter you say you wan yarn me wey cause your impromptu flight to Portharcourt?'

'that one go be when i arrive sweetie'

'okay oo. Make i go baff'

'what about Nathan?'

'dont ask me crazy questions!'

I laughed 'oya no vex. I'll call you later'

'i don hear. Bye sweetheart'

'bye you too'

TBC

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by crislyn(f): 11:17am On Feb 20, 2017
I look forward to your update everyday. When I'm eating...I'm thinking of the story. Really nice story ma'am, wehdon.
Re: Red Ashes by harunablezin(f): 12:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
i was actually getting tired of checking Nairaland for an update of story.... anyway well done
Re: Red Ashes by Queenbee123: 12:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
More anointing to your thinking. Keep it up, enjoying every update.... Awaiting the remaining 2 updates please
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
More ink to your pen ma'am. but no be small 'half-niece' and 'step-aunt' o
Re: Red Ashes by tens4real(m): 2:02pm On Feb 20, 2017
crislyn:
I look forward to your update everyday. When I'm eating...I'm thinking of the story. Really nice story ma'am, wehdon.
please mention me if they start any story
Re: Red Ashes by patriciakase(f): 5:15pm On Feb 20, 2017
I soo luv u pinky shocked
Re: Red Ashes by crislyn(f): 6:10pm On Feb 20, 2017
tens4real:
please mention me if they start any story
OK sir.

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by ikombe: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
Chumzypinky:

i go just change am for u anyhow anyhow, no try me. Not joking. I'm telling u i dont like it when it becomes excess, u're telling me to get used to it, whats wrong with you?
undecided Berra dont piss me off oh angry

Let me not go and invite my goons and scatter this thread undecided

Dont mind me joor am a good boy tho grin

But i can also be evil @ times. angry

Bia rachealfst come and warn dis babe oh undecided

Nga mwaya akanti here oh

Thanks for the update undecided

Re: Red Ashes by heemah(f): 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
I just love the bond btw Kaka and Kainene.
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 7:11pm On Feb 20, 2017
ikombe:

Nga mwaya akanti here oh

hmmmmm ikombe it's mummy chumzy oooo... but nevertheless we hv come along way...

mummy chumzy u still hv to understand dat these chatting makes d story fun sometimes Nd not only d criticism...

#respect to mummy chumzy Nd ikombe..pls no hard feelings

make una chop quis

Re: Red Ashes by clearboos(m): 7:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
madam Chumzypinky is dat hw u use to do,haaa,its unfair o,yesterday u said 3 updates back to back abi na fire 4 fire, but na only one update since morning

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Moshmustapha(m): 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
Chumzypinky:
KAKA.
I entered the kitchen overhearing Chidinma making a call which she dropped immediately i entered. I saw her trying fruitlessly to wipe the tears falling from her eyes but they kept dropping. She looked at me, unable to meet my eyes, then she carried her tray and left the kitchen.

I just went on with what i came to do. Just then i heard a phone ring, a nokia ringtone actually. It wasnt my phone. I looked around and i saw a phone ringing on the sink. My guess was that it was Chidinma's phone. Out of curiousity, i decided to check who was calling. The caller ID said CHUKA IGHO.

I frowned. Why was the name so familiar?

I silenced the phone. Why i did that, i did not know. Then i took it to my room. I started going through her messages. Most of her messages were sent to same CHUKA IGHO. Then i started reading.

Chuka, please i really need money for the children's schoolfees and upkeep. This is my new number, my elder sister just got me a new phone

Then the next one Chuka, why are you doing this? Have you no iota of shame at all? What kind of a father are you? Why just cant you be responsible for once? Eh? Dem swear for you? Whats your problem? You cant even appreciate me at all. Do you think its every 29 year old girl that can stay faithful to a randy old 55 year old man like you?

I gasped, Chidinma's "husband" was actually a 55year old man?

Igho. Igho. Igho. Wasnt that Kainene's surname?

I dropped the phone. Then i remembered i actually needed to call Kainene. I hadnt called her since i arrived Portharcourt the day before.

'hello babe' her voice sounded weak and sleepy.

'dont tell me you're still on your bed babyK'

'i still dey oo. Body just tire me i swear. Morning sickness wan finish me sef'

'eyaa, sorry you hear. Next time when they say, dont do the do, you adhere to it, understood?'

'your papa. Like say you yourself adhere to am. Hafa na? What about Messy?'

'Messy is fine. Hmm, you cant believe wetin sup for here. You know that my runaway ashawo of a sister, Chidinma?'

'eh, no be that one wey tear you slap that day for our graduation? Sec school'

'you be yeye pikin oo. Na only that one you remember abi?'

'hahaha, tell me wetin sup jhor!'

'she dey here oo. I just arrive Port na i see her for here. She carry 3kwashiorkor come say na pikin, i dey tells you'

'eh, she don marry for Togo be that na, man must to change oil, no be your slangs be that?'

'and you know wetin i find out now? She born for man wey rich to be her popsy oo, 55year old man, one Chuka Igho like that'

'eh? You say?'

'i say na one Chuka Igho like that. And e just dey do me like say i know the man, the name just dey familiar for my ear'

'what a coincidence! My fa...i mean the man whose sperm brought me into this world is actually Chuka Igho, and he's 55years old'

'and he once resided in Togo according to you' i chipped in surprised, it certainly couldnt be that Chuka Igho, Kainene's father was my sister's children's father!

'i swear! So that man actually has three kids with your sister? Well, i'm actually not surprised. He's just a useless man'

'mehn! See twist of fate oo. So my nieces and nephews are actually your stepsiblings, meaning you're my half niece too nah. And i'm your stepaunt'

'your papa'

'but thats the truth nah'

'i just wish mother was alive. So she could have seen for herself the type of man she wanted to give a second chance. Foolish man!'

'hey calm down, he's your dad remember and basically, we dont even know if truly your dad is the Chuka Igho we're talking about here. There are several 55year old Chuka Ighos all over the world'

'you're just a case study. What about Davidson?'

'he's cool. We spoke on phone this morning sef'

'so what was the matter you say you wan yarn me wey cause your impromptu flight to Portharcourt?'

'that one go be when i arrive sweetie'

'okay oo. Make i go baff'

'what about Nathan?'

'dont ask me crazy questions!'

I laughed 'oya no vex. I'll call you later'

'i don hear. Bye sweetheart'

'bye you too'

TBC
mama u promised us 3 updates today we are still waiting
Re: Red Ashes by deewhydoski(m): 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
Badest guys dey for dis thread....mummy pinky abeg no vex....let dem continue I dey enjoy dere comments and pictures
Re: Red Ashes by deewhydoski(m): 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2017
Feel ham

Re: Red Ashes by kellyoneinamill: 8:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
[quote author=Moshmustapha post=53897785]
mama u promised us 3 updates today we are still waiting [/quote
so u must quote everything just for that one line abi?
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 20, 2017
Moshmustapha:
Papa, you don't have to quote all that.
aunty pinky, you try gan. thank you
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2017
ikombe:

Nga mwaya akanti here oh

u beta keep being a good boy before i change am for u oo..lol.

I'm so sorry guys for not keeping my promise. My battery was down, i'm terribly sorry. I just dont know how to face you guys anymore
Re: Red Ashes by Ikigia: 9:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Sorry guys, i know i've been slacking nowadays, dont mind me jareh, na laziness dey worry me but i'll bounce back soon okay. Hubby doesnt even allow me press my phone too much again. I dont know if i would update today, but anyhow levels be, i promise you guys three updates tomorrow, na me na Chumzypinku, una know say i no dey lose guard, no worry, i'm very sorry about everything, the inconsistent updates and all. #Chumzypinkycares
Re: Red Ashes by ikombe: 10:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
wizsolzy:

make una chop quis

Re: Red Ashes by herosakin777(m): 10:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
still enjoying the story ma keep it coming ma we dey more grace to u
Re: Red Ashes by herosakin777(m): 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2017
Moshmustapha:

why u dey do like malam use small sense no dey quote everything

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by dasilver20(f): 12:37am On Feb 21, 2017
Panting after runing marathon race i finaly meet up with u guyz splendid job madam pinky

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.