Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack (18284 Views)

Tiktok Responds To Trump: We Are Not Going Anywhere / Watch How A Man Builds A Working 3.5mm Headphone Jack Into His Iphone 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by initialize(m): 7:42am On Dec 08, 2016
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Freciprocal: 7:45am On Dec 08, 2016

Still trying to understand u... better still type in igbo, I would understand! cool
Ofemmanu1:

S7edge I'd better tha the overrated iphone7.
Perhaps, you'd doubt me- no p.
I know you never lay your hands on any of them.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by donchijoz(m): 7:59am On Dec 08, 2016
Not possible
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by somehowpenis(m): 8:05am On Dec 08, 2016
Samsung always playing under dog to Apple.
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 08, 2016
martineverest:
smh.

So,samsung cant learn from note 7 debacle?.....ollah1,pls convince me that samsung is not using iphone as reference/mentor/standard.

2017 is going to be a rough yr for samsung

This s just a rumour and not all rumours sees the light of the day. Apple isn't the first to remove head phone jack. Oppo, Vivo, LeEco, Lenovo (Moto) all did it prior to Apple. If Samsung eventually removes it in S8, how come it's Apple they are copying when they arent the first to initiate such a move?

You know better than these folks that shout up and down or perhaps your hate for Android and Samsung is still as strong as ever cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by dollarprincess(f): 8:30am On Dec 08, 2016
Also see the full rumored specifications of Galaxy S8 4K Display, Powerful GPU, 4200mAh Battery, 30 MP Camera
http://www.getontopc.com/2016/09/latest-galaxy-s8-rumors-4k-display.html?m=1
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 08, 2016
MetaHuman:
they should change trends but be unique..

Even the idea of no head jack from Apple was stupid and grenade Samsung had to copy just that..

It's moronic

Apple didn't start this.
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 08, 2016
ollah1:

Apple didn't start this.
either way, they made it popular.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by martineverest(m): 8:43am On Dec 08, 2016
ollah1:

This s just a rumour and not all rumours sees the light of the day. Apple isn't the first to remove head phone jack. Oppo, Vivo, LeEco, Lenovo (Moto) all did it prior to Apple. If Samsung eventually removes it in S8, how come it's Apple they are copying when they arent the first to initiate such a move?

You know better than these folks that shout up and down or perhaps your hate for Android and Samsung is still as strong as ever cheesy
haha....2017 will be tough for apple and samsung.....i just dont see sammy bouncing back and tim cook is yet to recover from shocks from microsoft surface studio launch and constant innovations from redmond
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Ijaya123: 8:47am On Dec 08, 2016
Samsung can't just stop copying iPhone.
Hope they don't get their fingers (or phones) burnt again.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Youngtrice(m): 8:50am On Dec 08, 2016
KingRex1:
Apple uses wireless earplugs and Samsung is gona use an earplug with USB type C head. How's that copying?
Its obvious every brand is tryna look sleek(slim) with a big battery too.. So it's common initiative to take this step.
Besides Apple ain't the first brand to come up the wireless thingy.
I once read Apple is gonna use the USB type C too as an alternative. But you'll have to make use of a converter or so.
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by ovisprince(m): 8:52am On Dec 08, 2016
3rdavefarms:
Samsung?

I doubt if I will ever use that phone in this life #blowblowphone
Tekno users be like..........

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 08, 2016
martineverest:
haha....2017 will be tough for apple and samsung.....i just dont see sammy bouncing back and tim cook is yet to recover from shocks from microsoft surface studio launch and constant innovations from redmond

It's a competitive market and every OEM has gotta bring in its A game. Samsung will surely bounce back, they aren't the first company to encounter such problems. They owned it and apologised to everyone. That's what a real and good company does and not one that chickens out or perhaps tell their customers to pay funds for problems caused by them after a two year interval.

I'm still thinking and am yet to see the "innovations" from redmond hit the market.
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by flistyl(m): 8:55am On Dec 08, 2016

rise of expensive bombs

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 08, 2016
MetaHuman:
either way, they made it popular.

Oppo and Vivo are the fourth and fifth major OEM in the world. Lenovo (Moto z series sold like pancakes). How did Apple made it popular?
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by fxstory(m): 9:00am On Dec 08, 2016
more manufacturer coming with same too
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Henry1006(m): 9:07am On Dec 08, 2016
Samsung i like u guys but u copy toomuch undecided

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by martineverest(m): 9:24am On Dec 08, 2016
ollah1:

It's a competitive market and every OEM has gotta bring in its A game. Samsung will surely bounce back, they aren't the first company to encounter such problems. They owned it and apologised to everyone. That's what a real and good company does and not one that chickens out or perhaps tell their customers to pay funds for problems caused by them after a two year interval.

I'm still thinking and am yet to see the "innovations" from redmond hit the market.
haha......surface pro hit ipads,macbook air and android tablets hard;surface book outpriced/out-designed/out-performed apples macbook pro and surface studio just shocked apples and her fans by trumping imac( apple's most untouchable device).....microsoft and qualcomm just announced this morning that they are bringing full windows 10(x86) to snapdragon and intel is also working to bring core processors to phones....shud these happen,what happened in tablets sector might likely happen to mobile
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 08, 2016
ollah1:

Oppo and Vivo are the fourth and fifth major OEM in the world. Lenovo (Moto z series sold like pancakes). How did Apple made it popular?
heard you.

Not. In mood to argue.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 08, 2016
martineverest:
haha......surface pro hit ipads,macbook air and android tablets hard;surface book outpriced/out-designed/out-performed apples macbook pro and surface studio just shocked apples and her fans by trumping imac( apple's most untouchable device).....microsoft and qualcomm just announced this morning that they are bringing full windows 10(x86) to snapdragon and intel is also working to bring core processors to phones....shud these happen,what happened in tablets sector might likely happen to mobile

Imac has been a great product over the years and Apple has enjoyed the monopoly of this market and it will be nice to see surface studio succeed too. But Microsoft should have used Nvidia's excellent latest-gen cards. All in all, the SS seem like a great product with its touch based facility which I think Apple will include in 2017 iMacs.

It will be nice to see to Microsoft break the monopoly of the mobile world. Only them and Samsung(Tizen) can do it but Microsoft have the upper hand. Let's hope Satya Nadella knows what he is doing.
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 08, 2016
MetaHuman:
heard you.

Not. In mood to argue.

This isn't an argument but fact
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by lezz(m): 9:54am On Dec 08, 2016
Samsung will never cease being obsessed with Apple.

Same thing they jumped numbers from Note5 to Note7 trying to create an artificial market row with the iPhone 7.

But the gods of mobile technology made the Note7 burn endlessly until it was abandoned and finally discontinued.

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 08, 2016
lezz:
Samsung will never cease being obsessed with Apple.

Same thing they jumped numbers from Note5 to Note7 trying to create an artificial market row with the iPhone 7.

But the gods of mobile technology made the Note7 burn endlessly until it was abandoned and finally discontinued.

How is Samsung obsessed with Apple?
Peeps like you know nothing but jump on the roof and act like someone who knows everything. Skipping the note 6 to 7 was a good move by Samsung. They did that so the naming convention of their flagships will be in line (S7 and Note 7). But peeps like know would read cos they feel they known it all already.

Btw, Apple isn't the first or the even the forth OEM to remove head phone jack.

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by martineverest(m): 10:06am On Dec 08, 2016
ollah1:

Imac has been a great product over the years and Apple has enjoyed the monopoly of this market and it will be nice to see surface studio succeed too. But Microsoft should have used Nvidia's excellent latest-gen cards. All in all, the SS seem like a great product with its touch based facility which I think Apple will include in 2017 iMacs.

It will be nice to see to Microsoft break the monopoly of the mobile world. Only them and Samsung(Tizen) can do it but Microsoft have the upper hand. Let's hope Satya Nadella knows what he is doing.
tim and apple officials have ruled out touch/digitiser on macbook and imac......mac OS is not touch friendly and touch-friendly mac will mark ipad's gloom.

More also,even the old graphics card on ss is far more powerful than the ones in imac.......apple usually equip their devices with older processoors and sell them at higher prices.

Right now,microsoft is more confident than apple.they have successfully dethroned apple in terms of pricing and design.isheeps and their ostentatious devices is now playing second fiddle to surface devices.....i like d way surface owners oppress apple fans with their much more xpensive/functional devices.
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by lezz(m): 10:11am On Dec 08, 2016
ollah1:

How is Samsung obsessed with Apple?
Peeps like you know nothing but jump on the roof and act like someone who knows everything. Skipping the note 6 to 7 was a good move by Samsung. They did that so the naming convention of their flagships will be in line (S7 and Note 7). But peeps like know would read cos they feel they known it all already.

Btw, Apple isn't the first or the even the forth OEM to remove head phone jack.

Your emotion must be over the top like a virgin about to be fücked for the very first time. Calm down and deal with the facts. Getting all emotionally worked up leaves you as someone with a shaky emotional man-o-metre

Go through thier histories, including how Apple provided a video where Samsung ordered their R & D team to make thier icons and fonts and scroll pattern to be just like Apple's iPhone.

Same way only Samsung is the Android OEM to have a hardware home button like Apple and Samsung has had to pay billions in patent infringement to Apple last year.

You really need to put an "m" or "f" after your moniker.

I have to gauge your temperaments in the future.

N.B and oh, I use a Samsung Note4. So I'm not a direction-less, Samsung fan boy like you who puts on a Sammy blinders and suffers from Fact-blindness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Wizdude(m): 10:14am On Dec 08, 2016
Hian! Nawa o.
Person never even touch s7 Naim dem wan bring s8... I taya for this Samsung people sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by 3rdavefarms(m): 10:18am On Dec 08, 2016
God knows I never use tecno before
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 08, 2016
lezz:
Your emotion must be over the top like virgin about to be fücked for the very first time. Calm down and deal with the facts. Getting all emotionally worked up leaves you as someone with shaky emotional man-o-metre

Go through thier histories, including how Apple provided a video where Samsung ordered their R & D team to make thier icons and fonts and scroll pattern to be just like Apple's iPhone.

Same way only Samsung is the Android OEM to have a hardware home button like Apple and Samsung has had to pay billions in patent infringement to Apple last year.

You really need to put an "m" or "f" after your moniker.

I have to gauge your temperaments in the future.

N.B and oh, I use a Samsung Note4. So I'm not a direction-less, fan boy like you who puts on a Sammy blinders and suffers from Fact-blindness.

Holy crap. When will this nonsense stop? I'm really laughing. Do you know the number of things Apple stole from Android and it's OEMS? Do you how Apple stole flat icos idea from Windows? You nailed yourself tagging Samsung as the only OEM to have an home button. You claim to know about tech but you just disgraced yourself.

Apple is a patent troll. If other companies where to follow Apple by patenting nonsense like hw Apple does then there wouldn't be improvements in the mobile world. Apples wanna have the whole mobile world to itself.

Samsung just scored a victory against Apple recently. Apple has paid billions to OEMS it infringed their patents but nobody will shout about it.

If other industries say cars acts like Apple we would never have gotten to the level we are presently. Read and educate yourself before writing another junk comment cc'ng me.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by lezz(m): 10:37am On Dec 08, 2016
ollah1:

Holy crap. When will this nonsense stop? I'm really laughing. Do you know the number of things Apple stole from Android and it's OEMS? Do you how Apple stole flat icos idea from Windows? You nailed yourself tagging Samsung as the only OEM to have an home button. You claim to know about tech but you just disgraced yourself.
If apple stole from Android, then Google takes the credit not Samsung. Why are you over fixated with Apple?
We're talking Samsung vs Apple and you some how managed to rope in Microsoft, other OEMs and Google into this. Which other Android OEM has a physical home key button at the bottom of the screen like Samsung. Please don't mention Chinese OEMs here. It seems madness and fanboyism has little divide

ollah1:

[s]Apple is a patent troll. If other companies where to follow Apple by patenting nonsense like hw Apple does then there wouldn't be improvements in the mobile world. Apples wanna have the whole mobile world to itself.

Samsung just scored a victory against Apple recently. Apple has paid billions to OEMS it infringed their patents but nobody will shout about it.

If other industries say cars acts like Apple we would never have gotten to the level we are presently. Read and educate yourself before writing another junk comment cc'ng me.

[/s]
The rest of your uncorrelated claptrap is likened to an offensive fart from a madman. Apple is a self-sufficient OEM and software giant unlike Samsung who waits for Google to finish cooking the android meal and add salt to it.

Get over your mania and obsession with Apple. You're a blooming ignoramus comparing both companies.

All of Samsung's phones from Galaxy S6 to date were designed to look like the iPhone 6.

Go face your studies, your logical deficiency is stalling my data speed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 08, 2016
lezz:
If apple stole from Android, then Google takes the credit not Samsung. Why are you over fixated with Apple?
We're talking Samsung vs Apple and you some how managed to rope in Microsoft, other OEMs and Google into it. Which other Android OEM has a physical home key button at the bottom of the screen like Samsung. Please don't mention China OEMs here. It seems madness and fanboyism has little divide

The rest of your uncorrelated claptrap is likened to an offensive fart from a madman. Apple is a self-sufficient OEM and software giant unlike Samsung who waits for Google to finish cooking the android meal and add salt to it.

Get over your mania and obsession with Apple. You're a blooming ignoramus comparing both companies.

All of Samsung's phones from Galaxy S6 to date were designed to look like the iPhone 6.

Go face your studies, your logical deficiency is stalling my data speed.

[b]
So when one doesn't agree with you on Apple then he is over fixated. Pig. Are you blind? I said android and it's OEMS or Samsung isn't an android OEM anymore? Do you know the number of things Google herself bakes into Android which first debuted on Touchwiz? You are just an uneducated buffon . Why shouldn't I mention Chinese phones? Aren't they Android OEMS? Didn't LG , Sony and HTC release phones with home buttons? HTC and Sony still do till date but can't say much about LG but nonentity like you thinks it's only Samsung. By your logic Apple is founder of home buttons on phones? Lol. I mention Microsoft to school you who thinks Apple is the chief innovator of everything.

Wow. You are a clown even clowns would deny. You called Apple a self sufficient company. Wow!! Mention one thing. I mean just ONE thing Apple produces besides the software. The only thing Samsung replies on Google for is Android. Everything else in a Samsung phone is produced by THEM. An unschooled person like you thinks Apple is the Mr do it all.

Buffoon, please stop making me laugh. Don't make others reading this comments see you are a pig. You failed from the day you were conceived. What's the similarities between S6 and iphone 6. IPhone 6 is a blatant rip off of HTC one M7 ( or I shouldn't mention HTC too). Samsung has been putting Apples iphones design to dust from the S6. How does the S7, S7 Edge and Note 7 look any similar to iPhone 6 series and 7? The galaxies are beauties to behold while the iPhones 6 series and 7 and just fugly phones which Apple themselves accept hence the CD Jony Ive been stripped off this position but a delusioned hedgehog, prickly faced, dysfunctional slowpoke like you sees Apple a god

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by chigoizie7(m): 11:17am On Dec 08, 2016
Na dem sabi, unless someone dashes me another bigger phone or armed robber steals my phone or it got lost, I am not going to buy any phone till 2018. Still rocking my iphone5s.

I am not a phone freak. I don't use phones to impress.
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by ExInferis(m): 11:36am On Dec 08, 2016
KingRex1:
Apple uses wireless earplugs and Samsung is to use a USB type C earplug. How's that copying?
Its obvious every brand is tryna look sleek(slim) with a big battery too.. So it's common initiative to take this step.
Besides Apple ain't the first brand to come up the wireless thingy.

Wireless airpods are an option. Wired lightning earphones come in the box.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Glo Gains 80% Of New Internet Customers In First Quarter Of 2016 While MTN Drop. / 5 Smart Ways To Stop Thieves From Using Your Mobile Phone / Mtn New Time Data Bundle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.