Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack (18279 Views)

Tiktok Responds To Trump: We Are Not Going Anywhere / Watch How A Man Builds A Working 3.5mm Headphone Jack Into His Iphone 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by lezz(m): 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
The exorcised wizard is still manifesting grin

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by JoeBlocks(m): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2016
postmann:

grin grin grin

You've always been a top poet!
Thanks. I appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
Wow. On a single thread, several monikers all to score cheap points. How is it your problem if Samsung continues to make phones with home buttons? You claim only Samsung does. I schooled you that other companies that still does. HTC released an A9 last year and M10 this year with home buttons but an olodo like you claims they don't anymore that it's only Samsung that still do yet you claim you know about phones .

Samsung skipped the number 6 for the Note series simply to have an in line naming conventions with the s series which are both their flagships. How does the move concerns Apple? Haven't Apple been making using numbers to name their phones. Yet you claim you are intelligent and you come up with this.

Holy lord. If you consider Samsung newbies in mobile technology, what would you call Apple? If Samsung pay those funds to the aforementioned companies who own 90% of GSM 2G to 4G technology, who is Apple paying theirs to? Or their phones isn't equipped with these things.

Apple have shameless being infringing on several patents. They have paid University of Wisconsin-Madison’s licensing arm in chips found in their A series chipset likewise VirmetX for facetime, imessage et al. Many other companies have won agaisnt them.

Anything Samsung does then it's because of Apple.

Continue quoting yourself and liking yoir comments. Any smart dude will easily lnow this. lol

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by lezz(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Thanks. I appreciate.
Dude just keeps soliloquising, trying to validate himself grin grin grin

The stench of exposure most be unbearable for the e-thief and shameless plonker.

This is how madness begins. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by sirqeeboi(m): 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
E YI le mo...am still using s5 and am very comfortable with it since last two years. still neat..and u ppl are taking about s8..maybe when they reach s10 I will buy then

I rep SAMSUNG. .

If rep Samsung click like..let me know my fam..
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by postmann: 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
ollah1:
[s]Wow. On a single thread, several monikers all to score cheap points. How is it your problem if Samsung continues to make phones with home buttons? You claim only Samsung does. I schooled you that other companies that still does. HTC released an A9 last year and M10 this year with home buttons but an olodo like you claims they don't anymore that it's only Samsung that still do yet you claim you know about phones .

Samsung skipped the number 6 for the Note series simply to have an in line naming conventions with the s series which are both their flagships. How does the move concerns Apple? Haven't Apple been making using numbers to name their phones. Yet you claim you are intelligent and you come up with this.

Holy lord. If you consider Samsung newbies in mobile technology, what would you call Apple? If Samsung pay those funds to the aforementioned companies who own 90% of GSM 2G to 4G technology, who is Apple paying theirs to? Or their phones isn't equipped with these things.

Apple have shameless being infringing on several patents. They have paid University of Wisconsin-Madison’s licensing arm in chips found in their A series chipset likewise VirmetX for facetime, imessage et al. Many other companies have won agaisnt them.

Anything Samsung does then it's because of Apple.

Continue quoting yourself and liking yoir comments. Any smart dude will easily lnow this. lol
[/s]

Emotions on overdrive. This happens when fanboy-ism replaces personal goals and ambition; and when feverish and petty love for something overshadows sound judgement. Hence you find yourself buying into burocratic dishonesty like a downtown, ill-exposed rural girl would buy into the deceptive overtures of a well polished city bloke.

So , for these past years why hasn't samsung thought it expedient to change its Note series naming pattern to align with the galaxy flagship until now that Apple made a statement in the Phablet arena? Mere coincidence? I should expect that from a fanboy whose perception has been tinkered by emotional dysfunction.

postmann:
Apple is by no means free from copying and patent infringement. Like Samsung who are still considered newbies in mobile technology, they pay heavy patent fees to the likes of Ericsson, Nokia, Motorola who own nearly 90% of GSM, 2g, 3g and 4g technology.

While the internet is an open dictionary where any halfwit can pontificate and spread his superficial knowledge with unbridled arrogance, basic understanding of the English language remains paramount in the admittance to intellectual discourse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
postmann:

Emotions on overdrive. This happens when fanboy-ism replaces personal goals and ambition; and when feverish and petty love for something overshadows sound judgement. Hence you find yourself buying into burocratic dishonesty like a downtown, ill-exposed rural girl would buy into the deceptive overtures of a well polished city bloke.

So , for these past years why hasn't samsung thought it expedient to change its Note series naming pattern to align with the galaxy flagship until now that Apple made a statement in the Phablet arena? Mere coincidence? I should expect that from a fanboy whose perception has been tinkered by emotional dysfunction.

While the internet is an open dictionary where any halfwit can pontificate and spread his superficial knowledge with unbridled arrogance, basic underatanding of the English language remains paramount in the admittance to intellectual discourse.

Dude quit writing nonsense thinking you are making sense. Only you used 4 monikers to attack me yet you claim it's not you. You keep disgracing yourself by the minute. Peeps like you can't hold a good conversation cos it's gonna be laced with negative words without actually making any sense.

Roughly, your comments should be close to 20 lines yet the only thing related to the discuss is

"So , for these past years why hasn't samsung thought it expedient to change its Note series naming pattern to align with the galaxy flagship until now that Apple made a statement in the Phablet arena?"

In the cave you live, iPhone 7 plus is the first phablet by Apple right? Iphone 6s and 6s plus are macs right?

Dude you can score yourself a point in writing jargons but I will keep schooling you like I've been doing all day long.

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by postmann: 6:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
ollah1:

Dude quit writing nonsense thinking you are making sense. Only you used 4 monikers to attack me yet you claim it's not you. You keep disgracing yourself by the minute. Peeps like you can't hold a good conversation cos it's gonna be laced with negative words without actually making any sense.

Roughly, your comments should be close to 20 lines yet the only thing related to the discuss is

"So , for these past years why hasn't samsung thought it expedient to change its Note series naming pattern to align with the galaxy flagship until now that Apple made a statement in the Phablet arena?"

In the cave you live, iPhone 7 plus is the first phablet by Apple right? Iphone 6s and 6s plus are macs right?

Dude you can score yourself a point in writing jargons but I will keep schooling you like I've been doing all day long.

Except I stated that iphone7 plus is Apple's first phablet I would have given you a pass mark in your sanity test. But in this case, you need to book an appointment with a behavioural therapist. While you suffer from neuro-cognitive disorder, it is good members of this forum are put on the know so as to save themselves from the ripple effects of your complex paranoia.

I thought you were the one caught stealing disses? Add that to your abstract knowledge on phone then you would realise you're one cheap, classless sleazebag without self-respect or integrity.

Caught-out thieves should have one last dignity left in their morally compromised marrows -- that is to walk away in shame from their own mess, away from public eye. But you linger still, hiding behind these anonymous walls this platform provides.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
ollah1:

This s just a rumour and not all rumours sees the light of the day. Apple isn't the first to remove head phone jack. Oppo, Vivo, LeEco, Lenovo (Moto) all did it prior to Apple. If Samsung eventually removes it in S8, how come it's Apple they are copying when they arent the first to initiate such a move?

You know better than these folks that shout up and down or perhaps your hate for Android and Samsung is still as strong as ever cheesy

Because nobody gave a damn when Motorolla removed the headphone jack in the Moto Z, but the whole world knew and moaned when Apple removed the headphone jack in the Iphone 7 and 7 plus. It is almost certain that Samsung will remove the headphone in the galaxy s8, though it is still rumours but relable sources are reporting it. If Samsung go ahead and do it, then it will be a BIG SHAME on them because I could remember them dissing Apple at the failed Galaxy note 7 lanuch event when they poked at Apple and made the note 7 look superior and special because it had an headphone jack, that was even before Apple released the iphone 7.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2016
greenhulk:

Because nobody gave a damn when Motorolla removed the headphone jack in the Moto Z, but the whole world knew and moaned when Apple removed the headphone jack in the Iphone 7 and 7 plus. It is almost certain that Samsung will remove the headphone in the galaxy s8, though it is still rumours but relable sources are reporting it. If Samsung go aheas and do it, then it will be a BIG SHAME on them because I could remember them dissing Apple at the failed Galaxy note 7 lanuch event when they poked at Apple that the Note 7 had headphone jack, that was even before Apple released the iphone 7.

And motorola isn't the only company to have removed the headphone jack. Why didn't you consider it a BIG SHAME on Apple for producing phablets or Apple pencil? Didn't Steve Jobs talk against it? Nothing is so reliable about those sources. They are just speculating.

It's not the first time telegraph with make such speculations. They wanna sell and anything regarding S8 will sell

Samsung will eventually remove it but I doubt it will be on the S8 cos their A game is needed.
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2016
postmann:

Except I stated that iphone7 plus is Apple's first phablet I would have given you a pass mark in your sanity test. But in this case, you need to book an appointment with a behavioural therapist. While you suffer from neuro-cognitive disorder, it is good members of this forum are put on the know so as to save themselves from the ripple effects of your complex paranoia.

I thought you were the one caught stealing disses? Add that to your abstract knowledge on phone then you would realise you're one cheap, classless sleazebag without self-respect or integrity.

Caught-out thieves should have one last dignity left in their morally compromised marrows -- and that is to walk away in shame from their own mess, away from public eye. But you linger still, hiding behind these anonymous walls this platform provides.

Quit writing nonsense. What statement did Apple make in the Phablet arena regarding iphone 7 plus? This should be the 5th question I will be asking you, the previous ones went unanswered and am sure you won't answer this as well.

What statement did Apple make in the Phablet arena regarding the iphone 7 plus ?
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by postmann: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2016
ollah1:

Quit writing nonsense. What statement did Apple make in the Phablet arena regarding iphone 7 plus? This should be the 5th question I will be asking you, the previous ones went unanswered and am sure you won't answer this as well.

What statement did Apple make in the Phablet arena regarding the iphone 7 plus ?

Actually, this is the first question you'd be asking me - one which I'm not motivated to answer. Your little knowledge about phone is crowded by sentiment, false ego and arrogance. These negatives don't constitute a healthy ground for any intellectual take off.

Watching your arguments and debates with your earlier persecutors, i noticed you kept shifting the goal post and kept twisting facts.

Bye.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
postmann:

Actually, this is the first question you'd be asking me - one which I'm not motivated to answer. Your little knowledge about phone is crowded by sentiment, false ego and arrogance. These negatives don't constitute a healthy ggroundfor any intellectual take off.

Watching your arguments and debates with your earlier persecutors, i noticed you kept shifting the goal post and kept twisting facts.

Bye.

It's the 5th question. You don't need to run away like u always do. I asked your different questions on ur other monikers but you failed to answer.

Typical you, write 10 lines and only half a line will be in line with the discuss. I asked you a question and like always. You chicken out just the exact thing I said earlier

You know absolutely nothing more than negative lines. You arent different chinko ekun of YBNL who olamide kept in oder to feature him on diss tracks.

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2016
ollah1:

And motorola isn't the only company to have removed the headphone jack. Why didn't you consider it a BIG SHAME on Apple for producing phablets or Apple pencil? Didn't Steve Jobs talk against it? Nothing is so reliable about those sources. They are just speculating.

It's not the first time telegraph with make such speculations. They wanna sell and anything regarding S8 will sell

Samsung will eventually remove it but I doubt it will be on the S8 cos their A game is needed.

Yes apple ate their own sh#t by making iphones with bigger screen, but it is arguable that the man that kicked against it is no more, though I'm pretty sure apple wouldn't be making only 4 inch iphones of he was still alive.

That aside, samsung can still bring their A game by making galaxy s8 without headphone jack. Apple made theirs by selling wireless headphones, samsung can make theirs by selling wired headphones. They will utilize the USB type c DAC and make wired headphones with display to show caller id without the need to bring out the phone. It can also show information about music playing on the headphone's display.
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
greenhulk:

Yes apple ate their own sh#t by making iphones with bigger screen, but it is arguable that the man that kicked against it is no more, though I'm pretty sure apple wouldn't be making only 4 inch iphones of he was still alive.

That aside, samsung can still bring their A game by making galaxy s8 without headphone jack. Apple made theirs by selling wireless headphones, samsung can make theirs by selling wired headphones. They will utilize the USB type c DAC and make wired headphones with display to show caller id without the need to bring out the phone. It can also show information about music playing on the headphone's display.

Well you make loads of sense but if they do this It will make the s8 more costlier and that would be another issue. You should also consider the other things the headphone jack is used for.

It's easy for Apple to mane this kinda move thanks to iOS but you've gotta have "courage " to do so on Android.
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by lezz(m): 7:36pm On Dec 08, 2016
greenhulk:

Because nobody gave a damn when Motorolla removed the headphone jack in the Moto Z, but the whole world knew and moaned when Apple removed the headphone jack in the Iphone 7 and 7 plus. It is almost certain that Samsung will remove the headphone in the galaxy s8, though it is still rumours but relable sources are reporting it. If Samsung go ahead and do it, then it will be a BIG SHAME on them because I could remember them dissing Apple at the failed Galaxy note 7 lanuch event when they poked at Apple that the Note 7 had headphone jack, that was even before Apple released the iphone 7.

Thanks, bro Greenhulk, long time. Don't banter with that numbskull, he is a google-beclouded ignoramus who doesn't know the first thing about phones.

He's Apple-afflicted and a serial plagiarist. Believe me, everything he wrote is copied from Google without understanding.

He's been caught out and disgraced by me.

He isn't worth your fingers' chirping.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by lezz(m): 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
postmann:

Actually, this is the first question you'd be asking me - one which I'm not motivated to answer. Your little knowledge about phone is crowded by sentiment, false ego and arrogance. These negatives don't constitute a healthy ggroundfor any intellectual take off.

Bye.
The guy's a waste on cyberspace. You have eviscerated him brutally enough.

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by postmann: 7:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
lezz:
The guy's a waste on cyberspace. You have eviscerated him brutally enough.

It was a total waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by lezz(m): 7:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
postmann:

It was a total waste of time.
Waste of effort, time and mental effort.

But I enjoyed the exposé and shellacking grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by postmann: 7:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
lezz:

Sometimes it serves the arrogant well.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by JoeBlocks(m): 7:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
lezz:

You can say that again. grin
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
Joblessness can make man do many stupid things but creating different monikers on Nairaland and quoting them with one another. Liking one another comments with different monikers by same person is the height of it. No smart person wouldn't know it's the same person but different handles.
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
ollah1:

Well you make loads of sense but if they do this It will make the s8 more costlier and that would be another issue. You should also consider the other things the headphone jack is used for.

It's easy for Apple to mane this kinda move thanks to iOS but you've gotta have "courage " to do so on Android.

Lg sold the v20 with a free bang and Olufsen h3 headphones worth $150 just so customers can feel the quad DAC installed on the phone. It won't cost samsung anything to throw in fancy headphones with the galaxy s8 so customers can have a feel of what a USB type c can do. Remember the note 7 failed, they need something extraordinary.

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Abdstrakt(m): 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
Apple look what you've done!

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by lezz(m): 8:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
postmann:

Sometimes it serves the arrogant well.
Arrogant? He's an emboldened lunatic dancing naked and has the warped perception to think he's clothed.

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by lezz(m): 8:07pm On Dec 08, 2016
JoeBlocks:
You can say that again. grin
Enough beatings has caused him blurred vision and impaired reasoning ability.

He says we're one person. The dopey is even a nooby in Nairaland or a brainless millipede. grin

2 Likes

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
greenhulk:

Lg sold the v20 with a free bang and Olufsen h3 headphones worth $150 just so customers can feel the quad DAC installed on the phone. It won't cost samsung anything to throw in fancy headphones with the galaxy s8 so customers can have a feel of what a USB type c can do. Remember the note 7 failed, they need something extraordinary.

Bro they are totally different. LG V20 isn't a big hit perse or let me say the V series aren't big hit compared to thier G series so it's easy to do such.

Samsung wouldn't wanna do that for their S series been their main flagship.

Subsequently , you should consider the markets where the phone would be sold. If Samsung appease the USA market with this. Do you think other markets will be happy especially China which is a big market to all OEMS?

So bro like I sad earlier, samsung needs that big "courage". But I don't think they will take it next year.
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by postmann: 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
lezz:
Arrogant? He's an emboldened lunatic dancing naked and has the warped perception to think he's clothed.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by JoeBlocks(m): 8:10pm On Dec 08, 2016
lezz:
Enough beatings has caused him blurred vision and impaired reasoning ability.

He says we're one person. The dopey is even a nooby in Nairaland or a brainless millipede. grin
You know, the effects of massive paranoia schizophrenia can make a person believe he's talking to multiple persons, when in fact, he's talking to one.
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by lezz(m): 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2016
JoeBlocks:
You know, the effects of massive paranoia schizophrenia can make a person believe he's talking to multiple persons, when in fact, he's talking to one.

postmann:

grin grin grin
Right now, he's seeing us as the holy trinity split up. grin grin grin

The Samsung monomaniacal waste-pipe will learn to tread with caution next time he finds himself in front page threads.

Someone deep inside NL may just be lurking waiting to disbowel any ignorant fuckface who has the unbridled idiocy to hawk his foolishness and nescience in a celebratory manner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by postmann: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
lezz:

Right now, he's seeing us as the holy trinity split up. grin grin grin

The Samsung monomaniacal waste-pipe will learn to tread with caution next time he finds himself in front page threads.

Someone deep inside NL may just be lurking waiting to disbowel any ignorant fuckface who has the unbridled idiocy to hawk his foolishness and nescience in a celebratory manner.

Ok. But please next time show deep respect for divinity.
Re: Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack by JoeBlocks(m): 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2016
postmann:

Ok. But please next time show deep respect for divinity.
grin grin grin Hehehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Glo Gains 80% Of New Internet Customers In First Quarter Of 2016 While MTN Drop. / 5 Smart Ways To Stop Thieves From Using Your Mobile Phone / Mtn New Time Data Bundle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.