Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? (20406 Views)

What Is Wrong With Feminism / My Argument Against Feminism / Personal Thoughts On Feminism As A Nigerian. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
And who told you that it isn't being applied in all areas of life, don't we have women in the military(these days as opposed to before)? Are there no women who ask men out?

Feminism is a very straightforward thing, advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social and economic equality to men, just how is this something to be confused about?

Whether people have different idea of feminism is not the point, the main point is what feminism is really all about and I have explained it to you, so whatever else you choose to believe is no fault of feminism.

no no dey don't go to war front. please you people should push for that. let the females face real terrorists battle.

sorry I still see people paying bride price, equality demands that such practices be abolished.

sorry I have not seen you protest that female and male should play sports together. please address that quickly.

there are people asking men out. what of you Mrs feminists? how many have you asked? tell us how many guys you have approached not what others do.

you can't eat your cake and have it. as long as your ass is still black. your feminists trash is only but a trash. we see you as jokers.

10 Likes

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by sweetcocoa(f): 2:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
HumanistMike:

So what don't women want their merited place in the front line of the Nigerian Army?
And there are no women in the Nigerian army?
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by LordIsaac(m): 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
metrosexual:
I agree!

My problem with feminists is that why don't they also call for equality in responsibilities as well?

Women write the same JAMB/WAEC as men, attend the same universities, but after that the pressure is put on men to come and marry them, bring out the money to pay bride price, wedding costs, take care of the girls family, etc and feminists don't say anything about that, if equality needs to be uphold then there should be equality in every responsibilities between women and men.
I'm forced to use the nairaland line here: "give this man a cold bottle of origin!"

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
Nonsense feminists

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by HumanistMike(m): 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:

FRONT LINE aka WAR FRONT
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
yeah we use them as cleaners and cooks. have you seen any with a gun in sambisa?

I expect you to protest that. get you lazy feminist ass up and be equal to a man. comon

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by couliss: 2:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
then I dare you. approach a man on the street and tell him how handsome he is, pay your bills when on a date. reject bride price, come ojuelegba come enter molue on motion by yourself, anybody that tries to help you slap that person grin

you are not disallowed from contesting presidency, you are allowed to school, so u don't see any discrimination against you. last time I checked you fvck at will, no restrictions.
I can't tell a man how handsome he is am too shy for that I effing pay my bills NO ONE does that for me why should I slap someone that tries to help me I am not disallowed to contest for presidency I know that I hope I can become the president one day I am not disallowed to go to school that is true but a lot of children can also go to school but they face genital mutilation when they are born in the north at age 7 they are probably given to a man as old as their grand father as a bride at age 12 they have a child and their womb can't take it their urinal function get destroyed they wee on their self and some of them don't have money so live in that shame for a long just because they are girls .This is what feminism is againstHOW CAN YOU NOT BE A FEMINIST.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
Hannysmilez:
Lol. Nice writey. Too bad you have a wrong view of feminism. I totally understand,a lot of people dont seem to understand it too.

So what exactly is feminism? Educate me please
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
Na wa oh! You be soldier man? sad
swtdrms:

Y deceiving ursef? We ain't selecting anything, our ideology is simple, we are ahead of you girls and ready to take over the responsibilities of husband, boyfriends and leader. You keep to our rule, you keep to our instructions. If you choose otherwise and claim to be a feminist, do that holistically.

Is that clear? I don't want any objection from you again
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by sweetcocoa(f): 2:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
no no dey don't go to war front. please you people should push for that. let the females face real terrorists battle.

sorry I still see people paying bride price, equality demands that such practices be abolished.

sorry I have not seen you protest that female and male should play sports together. please address that quickly.

there are people asking men out. what of you Mrs feminists? how many have you asked? tell us how many guys you have approached not what others do.

you can't eat your cake and have it. as long as your ass is still black. your feminists trash is only but a trash. we see you as jokers.
I do know that women can go to war if qualified in the US, I don't know about Nigeria but let's assume they don't, who's fault is it?

The so called bride price you talk about, who collects it? Who made the law that it be paid in the first place? Do you even see women where bride price is being discussed? Funny.grin

Why should women and men playing together be a problem of feminism when the goal is that women should even get to play at all? I'd like to think that if you want to play together, then that is an entirely different subject.

You don't know the first thing about me, so don't try to get personal in the course of this conversation, if you want to have an intelligent discourse like a learned person, I'm open to that anything other than that, you may want to leave me out of it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Ezeego1(m): 2:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
My version is different smiley

Madam please you are filtering this thread with unreasonable comments.
Move to romance section please.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by kazyhm(m): 2:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
couliss:
Anti-feminism blames women for the inevitable decline in economic status of low-skill, low-education, low-intelligence men.Anti- feminism smears women through superstition and religious belief
Anti feminism smears women by saying women don't know what is good for them ,women are stupid they have fish brain and that women know nothing.
God created us EQUALLY.
You are not smarter or better than me because you are a man
we have two eyes,two legs and two hands
GOD CREATED US EQUALLY.

honestly, women are all what you mentioned
my pain is; despite its obvious, we still respect, love and care about women.

but they still believes it not enough
almost all feminist request have been considered and granted yet they won't stop making you look stupid.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by sweetcocoa(f): 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
yeah we use them as cleaners and cooks. have you seen any with a gun in sambisa?
I expect you to protest that. get you lazy feminist ass up and be equal to a man. comon
Who's fault is it that they don't go to war? Send them to war and when they refuse, then you can talk to me. Talking as if the men even want to go to war, mschew.

HumanistMike:

FRONT LINE aka WAR FRONT
Yea, why don't they go to war?
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by swtdrms(m): 2:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Na wa oh! You be soldier man? sad

God save u, thot u were going to make an objection, but as a good lady u keep to instruction.
Am not a soldier man, am a man. So I have the effrontery you give u commands.

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
I do know that women can go to war if qualified in the US, I don't know about Nigeria but let's assume they don't, who's fault is it?

The so called bride price you talk about, who collects it? Who made the law that it be paid in the first place? Do you even see women where bride price is being discussed? Funny.grin

Why should women and men playing together be a problem of feminism when the goal is that women should even get to play at all? I'd like to think that if you want to play together, then that is an entirely different subject.

You don't know the first thing about me, so don't try to get personal in the course of this conversation, if you want to have an intelligent discourse like a learned person, I'm open to that anything other than that, you may want to leave me out of it.
see your life? you now dodge this one giving stupid excuses. you are not smart my dear. we men know what we want and we get it.

like I and every male have said, if you want equality we don't mind. it's even good for some of us that dislike the idea of love. bring it on let's know who will chicken out.

am sure for real life you are as soft as over boiled yam. you know anyone can be anything online Lolz. feminist my black balls

4 Likes

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2016
couliss:
Anti-feminism blames women for the inevitable decline in economic status of low-skill, low-education, low-intelligence men.Anti- feminism smears women through superstition and religious belief
Anti feminism smears women by saying women don't know what is good for them ,women are stupid they have fish brain and that women know nothing.
God created us EQUALLY.
You are not smarter or better than me because you are a man
we have two eyes,two legs and two hands
GOD CREATED US EQUALLY.

Go and read your bible, God didn't create us equal
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by sweetcocoa(f): 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2016
Infact, HumanistMike and AngelsAndStars, It has come to my notice that, Nigerian female soldiers do go to war.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by HumanistMike(m): 2:29pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Who's fault is it that they don't go to war? Send them to war and when they refuse, then you can talk to me. Talking as if the men even want to go to war, mschew.

Lol.

Feminist protest and request for quota in Oil Companies and Government Positions. We all expect them to protest and request for quota/equal representation of females on the front line. Isn't that equality? Isn't that equal rights and equal responsibility? Isn't that what feminism stands for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by solbil: 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
That is why I would advice ladies to never ask a guy out....EVER! undecided tongue
you say this and you still call yourself a feminist? Isn't it "what a man can do a woman can do best"?

You can't risk rejection, yet you want us to wash your clothes for you, share house chores and tolerate it when you talk back to us?

You want the man to ask you out, buy you things with his hard earned money even when he may have his siblins and parents to attend to, all in a bid to impress you, you take everything and still play your shakara for him and you may end up not even saying yes to him and after saying yes to him after so many months of waiting, you still want to share 'equal' places with him?

If that is so, so tell me what will be your brother's gain in the relationship? And when he does all these things and the lady begins to deny him sex, y'all will be the ones shouting "her body, her choice"!

2 Likes

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by swtdrms(m): 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ezeego1:

Madam please you are filtering this thread with unreasonable comments.

Move to romance section please.
Wallahi, I wanted saying that as well
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:

yeah. we expect you lazy azs feminists to fight for your right in that regard and others as well. but you know, selecting what to equate? we aren't that stupid to notice.

take that feminist buckshot to the dogs. we are still your gods

3 Likes

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
And who told you that it isn't being applied in all areas of life, don't we have women in the military(these days as opposed to before)? Are there no women who ask men out?

Feminism is a very straightforward thing, advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social and economic equality to men, just how is this something to be confused about?

Whether people have different idea of feminism is not the point, the main point is what feminism is really all about and I have explained it to you, so whatever else you choose to believe is no fault of feminism.

Is there a law that prevents or limit women from vying for political officies? Is there a law that restricts women from certain employments or hinder their economic freedom? Has society prevented you from doing anything because you are a woman?
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Infact, HumanistMike and AngelsAndStars, It has come to my notice that, Nigerian female soldiers do go to war.
yeah as cooks and cleaners... or nurses to clean our stinky wounds...
that discrimination. they should be allowed to be gunned down by shakau in real battle. Lolz that's equality.

4 Likes

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by sweetcocoa(f): 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
see your life? you now dodge this one giving stupid excuses. you are not smart my dear. we men know what we want and we get it.

like I and every male have said, if you want equality we don't mind. it's even good for some of us that dislike the idea of love. bring it on let's know who will chicken out.

am sure for real life you are as soft as over boiled yam. you know anyone can be anything online Lolz. feminist my black balls
You may want to mind your language, I don't remember insulting you so please, refrain from calling me names. The points you raise are anything but valid, how you expect me to dwell on them is beyond me and like I said, go back to the drawing board to know the Genesis of the matter, otherwise, you'll keep making no sense.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
Well I'm none of these things you mentioned undecided
solbil:
you say this and you still call yourself a feminist? Isn't it "what a man can do a woman can do best"?

You can't risk rejection, yet you want us to wash your clothes for you, share house chores and tolerate it when you talk back to us?

You want the man to ask you out, buy you things with his hard earned money even when he may have his siblins and parents to attend to, all in a bid to impress you, you take everything and still play your shakara for him and you may end up not even saying yes to him and after saying yes to him after so many months of waiting, you still want to share 'equal' places with him?

If that is so, so tell me what will be your brother's gain in the relationship? And when he does all these things and the lady begins to deny him sex, y'all will be the ones shouting "her body, her choice"!
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Mcowubaba: 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
couliss:
Feminism is the belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.
Feminist activism is the struggle for that equality.
Feminist political activists campaign in areas such as reproductive rights, domestic violence, fairness, social justice, and workplace issues such as family medical leave, equal pay, and sexual harassment and discrimination.
That is feminism how can anyone not support FEMINISM.

Unfortunately, this is not the Definition of Feminism to most females..
I think the Op's definition is what we mostly see...

The want us to open the car door for them, the also want us to cook nd bring for them, very soon the will ask us to breastfeed
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Peachess(f): 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
One thing I hate about feminist is that they're unrealistic and bias. They claim to be same with mean but when they slap a man they expect him not to retaliate. If a man slaps a lady they'll say why will a man do that to a woman? If you claim to be the same with men I don't see any reason why feminists want special treatment.

One thing I'll love to say is that men and women are different. There are certain things females do better than males, some stuffs males do better than females and some things males and females can excel in if given equal chances(like academics, job opportunities, politics etc) The truth is when feminist want special treatment from the males only make us female look weak.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by HumanistMike(m): 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:

And it has come to my notice that you are just noticing it. I'm not impressed.

The women are just poster officers.

Even Dame Patience that championed women joining the NDA does not use female soldiers as security on her entourage. She only uses one female ADC for show. More like a Female Soldier that doubles as her PA lol.

Over a year ago, some female soldiers were disarmed and kidnapped by BH. The army reacted by ordering all the female soldiers (about 80) out of Borno. Lol. BH would have used them as snacks. There probably would have been a BringBackOurSoldierBabes movement championed by Obikwesili.

Maybe by now, BH would have been negotiating with the government on how to release pregnant captive female soldiers that are still alive.

6 Likes

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
Sorry I'm not your employee/worker or slave...you have no right to give me any orders undecided

If you give me any order especially in a harsh tone, I will just be looking at you like a mumu sad
swtdrms:

God save u, thot u were going to make an objection, but as a good lady u keep to instruction.
Am not a soldier man, am a man. So I have the effrontery you give u commands.
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by couliss: 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
dicefrost:

Go and read your bible, God didn't create us equal
yes he did their is no where in the bible where God said a woman was not equal with a man if there is a place show me I stand to be corrected
and if I might ask what makes you think am not equal to you ?
Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
You may want to mind your language, I don't remember insulting you so please, refrain from calling me names. The points you raise are anything but valid, how you expect me to dwell on them is beyond me and like I said, go back to the drawing board to know the Genesis of the matter, otherwise, you'll keep making no sense.
name calling is to spice my replies up. you know. you can EQUALLY" call names no problem.

besides, I can see you have no more valid point again. now crawl to your diva hole. and accept you destiny.

1 Like

Re: Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? by Timbuktuo: 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
Olumaeme:

Men are created to take the lead and women to be assist.

I told my fiance outrightly that if you want to be equal to me then don't ask when am meeting your parents or who will foot the bill of the wedding or running cost, just divide the bills equally and come have my own part. When we go out on date u pay your bills and I pay mine, i can't pay for your hair since you ain't paying for mine too.
Let's go 50/50 and let's see how it goes, since that day she don get sense.

Bros, anytime you wan enter Abeokuta mention me, na head you go take waka go house dat day.

They want women to be equally represented in the presidential villa but will not protest when there are no women in the army of soldiers fighting Boko Haram in Sambisa Forest.
There are actually some women fighting BH, I met one. Still, they are nowhere near in number as the males. Nowhere near.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Shocking Village That Eat Human Meat **pictures** / Why Do Nigerians Think White People Are Ugly? / We, Not Ajimobi Govt, Suspended Your Salary – Ibadan High Chiefs Tell Olubadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.