Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,333 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant (2976 Views)

Updated..Pls. Help!!! My Cousin Sister That Got Engaged Is Been Blackmailed / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? / Secret Of Getting Any Man To Fall In Love With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by realistica23: 11:14am On Dec 09, 2016
I got involved with Jenny (not real name) an undergraduate student couple of months ago after my 3 year old relationship with my girlfriend crashed. Jenny and I had consentual unprotected intercourse (wasn't intended) before she went home for the semester holiday. Had a missed period and the test she did from home confirm that she was pregnant.

The girl in question though has her positive sides for example, she has lend me money before and fed me when I didnt cook but she is got serious attitude issues. Attitudes she has exhibited to me a number of times. for instance she once spat on my face while we were on bed. Insulted me that her Ex's joystick is huge and way bigger than mine. (my dick isn't big). She has also on certain occasion made derogatory remarks regarding my financial status. That am broke and can't take care of a woman. (I am self employed, currently pursuing my 2nd degree and am not doing too bad for myself) She talks disrespectfully to me and had mentioned before that she still loves her ex BF and doesn't love me.

Her younger sister called me from home after she found out about the pregnancy and abused the hell out of my life for getting her sister pregnant. That I am a dog, that she feels sorry for her sister for getting involved with a good for nothing looser like me. Jenny's sister is equally as foul mouthed as she is. Jenny informed me that she intend keeping the baby and doesn't want to hear anything else from me. At a point she stopped picking my calls while at home during the holiday. She resumed school last month and briefly saw me at a neutral spot, we talked for a while and she got angry and left when we got into a heated discussion.

Jenny is someone I am certain that I don't want for a wife. I prefer a woman who gives me peace of mind. We have nothing in common. I regret getting myself in this messed up situation. I am not ready and not financially capable of bringing a child into this world. My academic pursuit and living expenses is draining all my resources and the present economic recession isn't helping matters at all.

Jenny's mum called me an hour ago threatening to personally deal with me if I don't do something about her daughter. Her request is that I should register Jenny at a hospital or i will get what is coming to me. I should also pay the debt I owe her daughter that Jenny's brother already want to come after me but she is just calming them down.

Please I need advice, I haven't told anyone about the situation I am in. What type of legal action can the mother (she recently returned to Nigeria from oversea) take up against me besides sending her boys to beat me up?

(she said she has boys at the University where I study who she is withholding from pounding on me for what I am doing to her daughter, I fear for my safety now )

Am I mandated by Law to provide and cater for the pregnant girl? Will the Law sanction me if I am unable to provide for the expectant mother? One of the mother's demands is that she hears from my parents. (I am in my late 20's and I believe my parents should not be dragged into this. I am a man and should be able to make my own decisions).

What happens if I refuse to get my parents into this matter?

I feel this girl got her wishes by getting pregnant by me because I sense she hopes we will get married if she conceives.

Mature advice needed please because everything I have worked so hard for is in total jeopardy. My family will be disappointed and heartbroken. I don't want someone like Jenny into my family.

UPDATE.
I have received more than four phone call from her mother . Jenny told her mum lies about me,, that I am forcing her to abort the pregnancy, threatening her, which isn't true. I have not called her or made effort to see her after my short futile meet up with her last week Saturday because of her foul mouth. She is the type of individual I wanna stay very far from, the type that can raise your anxiety level in less than five minutes.

Her mum informed me yesterday during our phone conversation that she is coming to the Institution where I study soon. I anticipate she would be here today or latest Wednesday. and she will see me when she comes. That I should be ready. My response was that I am gonna be here, I am going no where.

My question now is :, SHOULD I BE SCARED??

DO I GO OUT OF TOWN FOR A WHILE?

To my knowledge I haven't done anything contrary to the Law yet. CAN SHE FRAME ME WITH ME UP OR CHARGE ME FOR VIOLATION OR ANYTHING?

I intend seeing a family friend who practices Law this evening, confiding in some close peeps, alot is already running through my mind. Pls guys I need all the advices I could get.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by jesse8048(m): 11:18am On Dec 09, 2016
Hmmmm, water don pass garri. The major problem here is the girl involved is not your type and doesn't love u either. Any act of fear from you like running away from responsibilities will make them go extra mile. Get the girl registered in a hospital, dnt think it will cost much. I think they might involve the police, guess you know how our police works?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by QueenSuccubus(f): 11:19am On Dec 09, 2016
lipsrsealed

Hang on.. This is very serious.. SMELLINGANUS, boo plz come.. Someone needs ur advice here ooo.. This is too complicated for me to give my view..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by wroskian(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2016
Mr. Realistica23, sorry o... at the risk of sounding harsh, I would say you are suffering from "Brain relocation syndrome." It's a condition which compels the sufferer to reason with the genitals instead of the brain.

So it is now you know she has character flaws and not a wife material?

Thank God her mother isn't running after you with juju. If your sister or daughter had to be in Jenny's shoes, what would you have done? You better man up & go take responsibility for that pregnancy now.
Congratulations on the arrival of your twin boys in advance.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by Greenbullet(m): 11:28am On Dec 09, 2016
use condom,u say no!,you are OYO.
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 09, 2016
Gbese...
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by nmreports: 11:33am On Dec 09, 2016
No legal implication. Simple!.

The only implication may be police brutality.

Cheer up... Life goes on.

3 Likes

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 09, 2016
QueenSuccubus:
lipsrsealed

Hang on.. This is very serious.. SMELLINGANUS, boo plz come.. Someone needs ur advice here ooo.. This is too complicated for me to give my view..

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by ikp120(m): 11:34am On Dec 09, 2016
Tomorrow when you see an open hole available for free, you go run for your life.
By the way take this from me:

3 Likes

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 09, 2016
Bro,uve just gotten urself entangled with a messed up family. One can tell that the females took after their mum,how does sending her sons to beat you up help matters?. It's best you provide for her medical upkeep,marrying such a foul mouthed girl is a decision you need to think properly b4 taking.
You need 2 double your hussle and pray for favours while expecting your inauguration into the league of fatherhood.

5 Likes

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by AlexCk: 11:43am On Dec 09, 2016
just take up ur responsibility as a father to be, register am for hospital, pay all necessary bills, see what happens, maybe y'all will click eventually, but if not, just do ur part sha.

U know say the gurl dey sassy, n u still follow am sleep?? , anyways, no1 is perfect.

All the best Op

3 Likes

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by PappiSnow: 11:46am On Dec 09, 2016
embarassed
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by Gratefulsoul(m): 11:51am On Dec 09, 2016
Congratulations... fatherhood is indeed one of the sweetest thing on earth.. Enjoy..

1 Like

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by bakynes(m): 11:52am On Dec 09, 2016
The girl, her sister and her mum got mental issues. She told you that she is pregnant and doesnt want anything to do with you, why is she now threatening you to register her into the hospital. He mother and sister calling to threaten you is just plain bullshit. Why didn't their daughter and sister close her legs. It has happened nothing anyone of you can do to it, they shd ask you nicely to pay for her hospital bills and not threaten you because you both had sex with each others consent, you didn't rape her.
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by Jaynom(m): 11:56am On Dec 09, 2016
1. Conji catch you, you thought you could CHOP & CLEAN MOUTH.
2. You had sex without condoms. What were you expecting? A Range Rover sports?
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by NemzySeries(m): 11:58am On Dec 09, 2016
my brother unfortunately I cant even advice bkos W're equally in dsame wahala & my own babe attitude palava b say she dey do mumu as if dis pregnancy mata ne b crious business & funny enuf she has a son b4

1 Like

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by DaniDani(m): 12:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
This is a very serious situation and needs your seriousness to tackle it. Firstly, you should look for a lawyer, especially those lawyers involve in human right and down trodden. Plead with the lawyer for little or no charges. The lawyer will advice you on what to do or what not to do . Secondly, meet your pastor or any mature elder you can confide on, rob minds together and get proper guidance. Thirdly, summon your family, and tell them because there's no way you can conceal it from them. After these meetings, you can pick up a group involving your family members, lawyer representative, and church representative if they can accept such disgrace from you, then you all should go to the girl's family for identification, taking responsibility of her pregnancy and apologies to her family . The truth remain that you have disappointed the above people. However, it's not the end of your life. The family will not abandon their daughter no matter what, they will treat you with fire and brim stone, all you need to do is to tender apologies and accept the responsibilities for her pregnancy and child training. But don't worry, her family will spend most of the bills. Be cautious on how you live your life and desist from sexual immorality!

7 Likes

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by CrEaToRmalden(m): 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ntoooorrr

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 09, 2016
That's what u get when u think with ur tool rather than ur brain... Y are in big soup my dear.

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by Analysiscorner: 12:15pm On Dec 09, 2016
How old is Jenny?
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by Analysiscorner: 12:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
CrEaToRmalden:
Ntoooorrr
Is that all you have for him?
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by Oluwapresley(m): 12:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
I second Danidani.. I think that's exactly what u should do..
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by realistica23: 12:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
Analysiscorner:
How old is Jenny?

24 or there about. She has never told me her real age, her younger sister is 22
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by Oluwapresley(m): 12:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
DaniDani:
This is a very serious situation and needs your seriousness to tackle it. Firstly, you should look for a lawyer, especially those lawyers involve in human right and down trodden. Plead with the lawyer for little or no charges. The lawyer will advice you on what to do or what not to do . Secondly, meet your pastor or any mature elder you can confide on, rob minds together and get proper guidance. Thirdly, summon your family, and tell them because there's no way you can conceal it from them. After these meetings, you can pick up a group involving your family members, lawyer representative, and church representative if they can accept such disgrace from you, then you all should go to the girl's family for identification, taking responsibility of her pregnancy and apologies to her family . The truth remain that you have disappointed the above people. However, it's not the end of your life. The family will not abandon their daughter no matter what, they will treat you with fire and brim stone, all you need to do is to tender apologies and accept the responsibilities for her pregnancy and child training. But don't worry, her family will spend most of the bills. Be cautious on how you live your life and desist from sexual immorality!
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by ableguy(m): 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
[

quote author=DaniDani post=51770732]This is a very serious situation and needs your seriousness to tackle it. Firstly, you should look for a lawyer, especially those lawyers involve in human right and down trodden. Plead with the lawyer for little or no charges. The lawyer will advice you on what to do or what not to do . Secondly, meet your pastor or any mature elder you can confide on, rob minds together and get proper guidance. Thirdly, summon your family, and tell them because there's no way you can conceal it from them. After these meetings, you can pick up a group involving your family members, lawyer representative, and church representative if they can accept such disgrace from you, then you all should go to the girl's family for identification, taking responsibility of her pregnancy and apologies to her family . The truth remain that you have disappointed the above people. However, it's not the end of your life. The family will not abandon their daughter no matter what, they will treat you with fire and brim stone, all you need to do is to tender apologies and accept the responsibilities for her pregnancy and child training. But don't worry, her family will spend most of the bills. Be cautious on how you live your life and desist from sexual immorality! [/quote]
Best advice so far
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by vicstar(m): 2:27pm On Dec 09, 2016
everything happens for a reason cry i feel the reason for this is for u to think before u act.
next time during sex u should bring ya brain along undecided
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by CrEaToRmalden(m): 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
Analysiscorner:

Is that all you have for him?

What else should I say..? angry
Maybe this 0P knacked her once grin
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by mrkay101(m): 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
Most of ya'll saying SH*t know how it is when it involves sex. The brain switches of and all u think about is the pleasure. It could happen to the best of us don't come on here to bash the dude. He is already having it tuff

Its really unfortunate this had to happen to you and the worst is the girl sounds like a psyco. You just have to man up and do the right thing. The deed has been done already

3 Likes

Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by realistica23: 8:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
cc lalasticlala
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by ZeeAfrica(f): 10:01pm On Dec 09, 2016
To avoid drama. Do let yo family know abt dis. They shud go to jenny's family to apologise on yo behalf and maybe offer dem a piece offering of maybe a cow or money (ofcourse u will pay for all dis). Den be there for her with everything which concerns de baby, make sure dat financialy dey r wel taken care off and open yo heart so dat u r able understand and deal with her as yo baby mama. Make her aware dat u wil always be there for her and de baby, but cant marry her.dnt use de madness in her family as a reason y nt, coz u wil get yoself in to trouble. U r a man figure something out. With all dis, blv me de girl wil be eating out of de palm of yo hand before long
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by ismart: 11:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
wroskian:
Mr. Realistica23, sorry o... at the risk of sounding harsh, I would say you are suffering from "Brain relocation syndrome." It's a condition which compels the sufferer to reason with the genitals instead of the brain.

So it is now you know she has character flaws and not a wife material?

Thank God her mother isn't running after you with juju. If your sister or daughter had to be in Jenny's shoes, what would you have done? You better man up & go take responsibility for that pregnancy now.
Congratulations on the arrival of your twin boys in advance.
buahahahahahaah.. wikid. They know postinor is there if condom no gree. I don't even know how some guys reason when their hot, He had 3 options...

1. condom

2. postinor

3. Withdraw

But he chose non of the above. SMH
Re: UPDATED. Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant by danilho(m): 12:44am On Dec 10, 2016
I just can't beleive some persons saying Op bleep without condom, he did not think with his brain. It can happen to anybody.

Bro e don happen. D way forward is way forward, no time for back pass. Let ur family know what has happened because you will need them at some point. Though they will be disappionted, not that you not of age but for the type of girl she is.

Man up and take responsibilty, register her in a good hospital and when the arrive play your role as a father. It is not a must that you marry her if her attitude is not good enough for you.

If her family insist on marrige, marry her, show her love and care for her and see if she will change for the better.
If she refuse to change, frustrate her, she will want to get you out of her life or change by force.

They can come and kill you a small pikin, won o le wa pa e fun awon obi ee.

Thank God she is not under-age.
Bad mother bad pikins.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

25 Stunning Photos Of Sunsets In Metropolises / My Bf Of Fours Years Broke Up With Me Claiming I Cheated On Him / Appreciation From My Heart To All NAIRALANDERS.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.