Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? (3239 Views)

When You Decide To Pay Your Girlfriend A Surprise Visit In School / Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage / 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by dablessed(f): 11:35pm On May 31, 2005
Why is it that men are perceived to be impotent when they decide to wait?

Hi,

I was in the middle of a hot argument today. The topic centered around " 1 out of every 100 men would wait " I gave a scenario of a friend of mine, whose husband disvirgined on their wedding night, after a six-yr courtship.

A party to the argument was so sure my friend must have told a lie. Said he: " Go back to ur friend and tell her to be honest, her husband must be impotent, it is not possible to find such a man, it at all he'd be 1 out of 100 men"

I am convinced my friend's husband waited for 6 years, I am also aware he is not impotent as they're going to have a baby next month.

Now bail me out guys, is it true u cant wait for 6 years? Why are men perceived impotent when they decide to wait, especially that long? 1 out of 100 is 1% - thats not good enough. It could be better!
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by Seun(m): 9:05am On Jun 01, 2005
Maybe the man in question is indeed one out of a hundred!
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by CimonJorr(m): 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2005
I guess it's all a matter of mindset, and what the intention was when he got married..

If it was for companionship, then I guess there would be no problem in waiting for the Lord to bestow His Grace..

But if the intention was procreation, then one may see why the urgency may be there.. especially if one doesn't feel that there's anything physically, spiritually or medically wrong with both parties..

Take the case of a man who while having numerous affairs and flings prior to getting married, gets a girl pregnant.. He obviously knows he's capable of reproducing.. if upon marrige his spouse doesn't concieve within reasonable period, he's going to start getting suspiscious, knowing that he's been up to the task before now..

Suffice it to say that "a few good men" still exist in this world.. and that women shouldn't always stereotype and feel that men are incapable of exercising that fundamental concept called "love" or exercising patience and due discretion when due...
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by solo2(m): 2:30pm On Jun 01, 2005
Indeed there are some men maybe 3 out of a hundred that can wait till it time.I have seen it happened, but one thing i am not sure is that , could my friend have done any hidden to release himself is what i can not tell,becuase to some of the men , it is burden to wait for one year not to talk of six years.
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by Chigszy(f): 4:39pm On Jun 01, 2005
I do not think that they should be considered impotent because they decided to wait. I have got greater respect for men that are willing to wait that long to go to the next level. That is a sign of greater love. Well, some guys might think it is crazy but there are different ways for you all to release yourself without necessary sticking it into someone

(if a woman is willing to wait why cant that guy do the same? women are equally desperate and want the same thing but have better self control ...).

He does not have to get a girl pregnant to know that he is capable of aiding in multiplying the population. If they are unable to have kids well then that is God's plan. I mean he could have fathered many children and then become impotent as a punishment for his past actions.
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by mamba(m): 9:25pm On Jun 01, 2005
What's the point waiting

Your honeymoon night will be so awful cos you've never done it b4, no experience grin grin
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by Seun(m): 10:11pm On Jun 01, 2005
So what's the point of the honeymoon when you've done it before?
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by mamba(m): 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2005
Honeymoon is not for learning, are you guys in class or what?
It's for enjoyment.

dablessed:

I gave a scenario of a friend of mine, whose husband disvirgined on their wedding night, after a six-yr courtship.

That guy should be in Guinness book.........
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by Seun(m): 10:36pm On Jun 01, 2005
In that case, what makes the honeymoon different from, say, the Christmas Holidays or your normal weekend break?
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by Greatpeter(m): 7:27pm On Aug 31, 2005
That guy tried oo.
He resembled me.

How lond have I been waiting now after those cherries were popped grin
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by Rlst84sale(m): 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2007
The guy tried, I salute him. If all the story is told in full, there must have been some kindda way he is downloading. besides what woman would be waiting and not knowing that the fellow's instrument is working?.

Secondly, if it were to be here in the States, not only he would be labelled impotent, he would be called other names too, like sissy, gay and more.

Regardless of what people say, it's always rewarding to wait, if you intend to be together for ever, why the rush?. note of warning, if you must wait, I would advise the ladies to at least see that it works.
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by hotchic1(f): 9:12pm On Apr 21, 2007
There's is always one in every thousand guys you meet,some guys will still wait for sex,usually the matured ones and not those hungry lil chaps out there,at least if its just one guy in this whole world,my present guy is waiting and am sure he is not impotent.
It all depends on what you built your relationship on. smiley smiley
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by blacklion(m): 6:10am On Mar 16, 2008
na lie! heavy rumour!!!

the bobo was 'easing' himself somewhere else come dey deceive im 'honey' and 'sweetie pie' sey im be virgin and that im dey wait until them marry

6 years without abunna? na lie - no naija man fit do am!!!
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by almondjoy(f): 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2008
blacklion:

na lie! heavy rumour!!!

the bobo was 'easing' himself somewhere else come dey deceive im 'honey' and 'sweetie pie' sey im be virgin and that im dey wait until them marry

6 years without abunna? na lie - no naija man fit do am!!!

he he he grin grin grin

6 years ke? Try 6 months! cheesy
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by 2dye4(m): 10:31am On Mar 17, 2008
people are different frm one another so the guys decisionto wait is not exactly overatted. lets not see everyone in the light of our own capabilities and flaws cos that i can't do it doesnt mean everybody else can't. its all about our personal drives and motives.

@poster: thumbs up to your friend, goin by the responses on the thread,he seems to be one in a zillion! grin
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by camchupa: 11:26am On Mar 17, 2008
the reason why relationships never work out is because we place so much priority on sex. if you love someone and are sure to marry her, why the rush? after the wedding she is all yours. there are men who are ready to wait. and by the grace God has given to me , i will wait till the very end. we have alredy courted for four years. mind you, i do not flirt or discharge elsewhere as you may presume. only few men know the secret and only those who truly love God know the secret. change your thinking . sex before marriage is a sin against your creator. remain blessed.
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by Keziah(f): 12:14pm On Mar 17, 2008
camchupa:

t[b]he reason why relationships never work out is because we place so much priority on sex. if you love someone and are sure to marry her, why the rush? after the wedding she is all yours.[/b] there are men who are ready to wait. and by the grace God has given to me , i will wait till the very end. we have alredy courted for four years. mind you, i do not flirt or discharge elsewhere as you may presume. only few men know the secret and only those who truly love God know the secret. change your thinking . sex before marriage is a sin against your creator. remain blessed.

Hmmmn. May God give you the grace to wait for the Prize that awaits your patience. Patience is a virtue, and the patient dog eat the fattest bone. wink cheesy
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by GentleSoul2: 1:59pm On Mar 17, 2008
@Blacklion: You remarked "6 years without abunna? na lie - no naija man fit do am!!!"

I abstained from sex between 1993 October and March 2004. I was in America during the period. I did not go on dates or have any girlfriend during the said time.

So, as a Nigerian, I make bold to say that there are men who can abstain from sex.

1 Like

Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by hammers(m): 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2008
@Multioption

Lie Lie

U seem like the worst hypocrite 0n Nairaland.
Do u think we are all dumb?
i mean how can u just pop in and post such a thang?

U are Lyyyyyin!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!

I dey vex o!!!!!!!!
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by hammers(m): 3:11pm On Mar 17, 2008
Y i can neva believe u.
U have had sex b4 so u know wat its like.
U said u did not have any girl or any date thru out the period.-That implies that you are not strong willed.

You also failed to tell us whether u were gay of indulged in masturbation during the said period.

Lie Lie Man shocked
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by GentleSoul2: 4:04pm On Mar 17, 2008
Does it matter if you believe, Hammer? What good or purpose will it serve if you believe? Sorry, hammer, I am not a debtor to the flesh to obey it in the lust thereof, for I have been set free from the law of sin and death.

I am not gay, nor indulged in masturbation because "they that are Christ have crucified the flesh and the passions thereof" Galatians 5:24

If there is anyone here who is struggling with the flesh, I would recommend you read the teachings by Bro. Watchman Nee: Link to "The Overcoming Life" can be found here: http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?id=%23%29%40X%2B%0A

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. - Galatians 2:20
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by hammers(m): 4:38pm On Mar 17, 2008
I still dont believe.

Y then did u go back to sex after such a long time?

Na lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by GentleSoul2: 5:17pm On Mar 17, 2008
The message of the cross is foolishness to them that perish, so your skepticism is well in order (justifiable).

I got married!
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by hammers(m): 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2008
U mean u got married without a date? grin grin
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by GentleSoul2: 6:05pm On Mar 17, 2008
I was engaged before leaving Nigeria for America. Returned to Nigeria to wed my bride!
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by Keziah(f): 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2008
Excellent! Shame to bad people, shame to bad people, God's time is the best.
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by hammers(m): 9:05am On Mar 18, 2008
U mean u were engaged for 11 years.

please house give me a good reason y i should believe this guy.

oooooooooh!!!!!

U mean your patient wife waited for 11 long years?

From 1993 to 2004

lipsrsealed embarassed undecided angry sad cry
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by Reverend(m): 9:13am On Mar 18, 2008
You only have one life, all you achieve by waiting is to cut down the time you have in this one life on earth to experience pleasure. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by arianne(f): 9:22am On Mar 18, 2008
Reverend:

You only have one life, all you achieve by waiting is to cut down the time you have in this one life on earth to experience pleasure. undecided undecided undecided

still ur personal point of view which doesnt make it a fact much less a truth.
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by hammers(m): 9:52am On Mar 18, 2008
@reverend

philosophical grin

@arianne

still your own perception which doesnt make it a fact much less a truth.
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 18, 2008
Why should anyone give a f*ck bout others' perceptions?
U wanna wait, wait. U wanna f*ck, f*ck. angry
Live by ur own f*cking principles if u got any.
F*ck what pple think and live ur life. angry
Re: Men Perceived to Be Impotent When They Decide to Wait? by Reverend(m): 10:01am On Mar 18, 2008
NiyiRocks!:

Why should anyone give a f*ck bout others' perceptions?
You want to wait, wait. You want to f*ck, f*ck. angry
Live by your own f*cking principles if u got any.
F*ck what people think and live your life. angry

Wow, what an elegant and educated use of the Queens English undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

flo / Your Blind Date(internet Date) Experience / Pics: Mr Universe Nigeria 2015 Finalists Get Naked To Support Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.