Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,325 members, 7,857,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 01:58 PM

An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account (9477 Views)

Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia / I Came To Nigeria To Eat, Marry – Illegal Immigrant / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by MUNEER2(m): 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2009
Why are you bitting about the bush,
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by sledge406: 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2009
@Madam L, Till den but be rest assured dat I'm patiently waiting to "read" sori "strike"
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by tunnytox(m): 2:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
Who is deleting my posts?
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by busybody20: 2:34pm On Nov 16, 2009
B-Omokaro:

http://www.edfenergy.com/media-centre/press-news/power-failure-dartford-area-3.shtml

EDF Energy engineers have worked throughout the night to continue emergency repair works, following the fire which caused serious damage to high voltage electricity cables in the Dartford area at lunchtime yesterday, resulting in the loss of electricity supplies to thousands of customers across the Dartford, Crayford, Bexleyheath, Erith, and Orpington areas. Four major electricity circuits have been badly damaged, as well as a cable bridge over Dartford Creek.

Police are investigating the possibility that the fire was started by unauthorised personnel interfering with the cables.

Power supplies have been restored to a number of our customers by switching to alternative connections, and generators are being deployed to key sites where possible.

In addition, limited alternative supplies were established overnight which we hope will enable us to supply power on a temporary basis to customers in different areas at different times during the day today. This will be on a rota basis so that as many people as possible will have access to power for a period of three hours at a time, before switching supply to another area. We aim to supply areas including parts of Crayford, Bexleyheath and Erith in this way. Unfortunately the alternative supply is not capable of providing sufficient power to all our customers at the same time, nor will we be able to provide power to all affected areas in this way.

At the peak of the incident close to 100,000 customers were without power supplies. We have managed to restore supplies to about a third of customers and the rota connections will help provide temporary supplies to more customers while we continue repairs.

Our priority is restoring power to all our customers as quickly as is safely possible, and we continue to work on a full restoration of power supplies. However, this is a complex and difficult situation and it is unlikely this will be completed before tomorrow morning.

For information on rota connections and on the latest estimates for restoration of supplies, please contact our Emergency Contact Centre on 0800 028 0247.

We do appreciate people’s patience and apologise to everyone affected.

THIS IS THE DUMBEST THREAD I HAVE COME ACCROSS ON THIS FORUM!

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY AS FAR AS I M CONCERNED! PLS STOP LOOKING FOR CHEAP PUBLICITY angry angry
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by Radiant(f): 2:39pm On Nov 16, 2009
tunnytox:

Who is deleting my posts?

Same here. Can't find my post on page 2
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by beknown(m): 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2009
@B-Omokaro

Please stop keeping people in suspense.

Many people have fully packed their bags and ready to exit the country. Your story could be a lifesaver.

If you have no story, please say so. People cannot wait for ever, every minute count.
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by celebritee(m): 3:12pm On Nov 16, 2009
beknown:

@B-Omokaro

Please stop keeping people in suspense.

Many people have fully packed their bags and ready to exit the country. Your story could be a lifesaver.

If you have no story, please say so. People cannot wait for ever, every minute count.

Bros, are u trying to say an average Nigerian, after having his visa would have a change of mind after reading what this idiotic poster has to say??
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by OAM4J: 3:56pm On Nov 16, 2009
Hey Seun, there should be an option to delete your past posts. Am not suppose to be on this thread. OMG.
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by newdeal(m): 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2009
One of the two could be the reason why the fellow is holding up:

1. He has no story to tell
2. Telling about his experiences could jeopardize the 'chop points' of others in similar situation, especially if he is to give a vivid and detailed account as the title suggests.

My hunch is strongly on the second probable reason. There are so many stories to tell about the issue of illegal immigrants, but you never can tell what effect it will have on those who find themselves in this cadre.
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by Pharoh: 4:10pm On Nov 16, 2009
celebritee:

Bros, are u trying to say an average Nigerian, after having his visa would have a change of mind after reading what this unfortunate poster has to say??

Leave them in their underestimation of a typical Nigeria with visa on his hand to travel out of the country.
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by Sauron1: 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2009
newdeal:

One of the two could be the reason why the fellow is holding up:

Or he could be writing this via a mobile phone from a detention centre.
He is a Arrow!!!
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by Akanbiedu(m): 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2009
@poster,

Remember that many of us are Nigerians, we have no patience.

Before we run out of interest,
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by Mbeki: 5:12pm On Nov 16, 2009
Am beginning to doubt the efficiency of Nairaland Moderators, seems they just click on any topic at random and send them to the front page.
How on earth can this be on the front page tori oloun??
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by kibra4u(m): 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2009
grin grin grin This guy no well at all. He is just screwing with everybodys head. (An Ex-illegal Immigrant, narrating power outage experience. This is dumb men)
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by Radiant(f): 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2009
I'm sure his exp has screwed up his brain. kiss
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by stede(m): 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2009
disgusting!!!! why wasting you time and posting trash
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by meine: 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
grin grin grin

Nairalnaders love tory oooo, see as everybody wan kill bright omokaro.

I no fit laff, abeg this is the best joke of the day.

Or wetin ASDA,Barclays and ECD fit relate with illegal immigration?

I wan laff die oooo

God help me

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by segzeybaba(m): 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2009
i think i should use this platform to share my own vivid and detailed account about illegal immigration instead!
What do u think peeps of NL?
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by paddylo1(m): 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
i think i should use this platform to share my own vivid and detailed account about illegal immigration instead!
What do u think peeps of NL?

Nwanne go for it,cause it seems like right now any tori will do
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by kibra4u(m): 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2009
I hope yours has nothing to do with power outage too. Abi na unemployment. Wahala dey grin
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by Basildon1(m): 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2009
Poster, you are too good a teaser,mehn, LOLLLLLL, anybody wey e dey pain make hin write hin own story,

The off point article on EDF, GENIUS,
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by segzeybaba(m): 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2009
Illegal Immigration

Illegal Immigration

Illegal Immigration

Illegal Immigration

Illegal Immigration

Illegal Immigration

Illegal Immigration

Illegal Immigration

Illegal Immigration

What can i say? Where should i start from?

WATCH OUT!!!!!
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by obstead200(m): 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2009
I really think the poster is abusing our intelligence. I dont know for sure what he is trying to do but am pretty sure it is not right.

he is either outrightly lying very intelligently  or he is trying to create an awareness for some stupid cause to bring him personal gain.

I wont be suprised if he tells us to come to alaba mkt or 51 upper iweka onitsha to grap a copy of his film.

For all I care, he should go to hell with his story! afterall am not planning to travel out as an illegal immigrant.
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by ProAnti: 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2009
Which of the reasons below best explains the poster's attitude?

A. The poster is probably running away from Immigration authorities. He stops typing whenever he hears the siren.
B. The poster is on drugs.
C. The poster was employed by Seun to keep Nairalanders addicted.
D. The poster is carrying out a research on how patient Nigerians are.
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by N101: 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2009
That EDF story old news, I know people in those parts who don't have a problem with their electricity since power was restored.

I think the REAL reason is that the poster hasn't paid his electricity bill.  No power no story  grin
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by chika98: 10:23pm On Nov 16, 2009
~Sauron~:

He is a Arrow!!!

Death! Laugh wont kill me! grin grin
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by Radiant(f): 10:54pm On Nov 16, 2009
~Sauron~:

He is a Arrow!!!

Dang! grin grin grin
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by mistakay: 12:20am On Nov 17, 2009
Idiota angry
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by spoilt(f): 1:51am On Nov 17, 2009
what a thread. grin
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by donjon: 2:00am On Nov 17, 2009
Wat-a-piti
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by stkris(m): 4:25am On Nov 17, 2009
haa, this is some funny ish. story or no story. the interest, suspense and dissapointment peops hv expressed here, is entertaining enough 4 me. cheesy
Re: An Ex-illegal Immigrant: A Vivid And Detailed Account by osasp(m): 8:28am On Nov 17, 2009
st-kris:

haa, this is some funny ish. story or no story. the interest, suspense and dissapointment peops hv expressed here, is entertaining enough 4 me. cheesy
lmao oboy no b small thin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WORK IN Doha State Of QATAR / Dont Come To Ghana If You Are Not Prepared. / How Can I Book A Flight Ticket to China Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.