Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (768114 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Arthur0814: 10:31am On Feb 28, 2020
I got there around past 4 and the officials were there coordinating the renovation of the new place
Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 11:15pm On Feb 28, 2020
If you're coming to NEU, try make plans for your accommodation. The school only gives 2 days free accommodation. Make sure you secured accommodation while coming or you have your money handy when coming.
Accommodation off-camp is kinda cheaper here compared to the dormitories
Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 11:23pm On Feb 28, 2020
Today makes it 8 days I came to this Island
I'll be posting few pictures

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 11:27pm On Feb 28, 2020
The weather here is 12°C, so the cold is much
I stay in Yenikent and that's the heating source I use to warm my room

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 11:38pm On Feb 28, 2020
First day in Northern Cyprus
I nearly frozen, had to run inside for my jacket

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 11:44pm On Feb 28, 2020
My first spot in NEU as a fresher CHICKEN HOUSE, they have open WiFi but there food damn expensive if you convert to Naira. Not to mention their staffs only hear Turkish lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by uptimum123(m): 8:15am On Feb 29, 2020
eldest:
My first spot in NEU as a fresher CHICKEN HOUSE, they have open WiFi but there food damn expensive if you convert to Naira. Not to mention their staffs only hear Turkish lipsrsealed

Why not open a thread for this so we can enjoy North Cyprus from your view...what ya say

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by bmarketing: 12:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
eldest:
If you're coming to NEU, try make plans for your accommodation. The school only gives 2 days free accommodation. Make sure you secured accommodation while coming or you have your money handy when coming.
Accommodation off-camp is kinda cheaper here compared to the dormitories

Please check your PM. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 8:19pm On Feb 29, 2020
uptimum123:

Why not open a thread for this so we can enjoy North Cyprus from your view...what ya say

I understand your point but I don't want to start what I cannot finish. My lectures are starting next week, starting a new thread will require active engagement.
Well this thread is about North Cyprus, these pictures are for people coming here to see what the place is like grin
LOL here is cool for academics

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 8:25pm On Feb 29, 2020
School buses is everywhere here to carry you to and fro to school. You don't pay for them, you just keep to their time so you don't miss them.
Lol even business people here sef enters the school bus

Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 8:29pm On Feb 29, 2020

Re: North Cyprus by Flaame(m): 8:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
Please how is flight reservation done? I've an interview this Monday and haven't figured out how to go about this.
Re: North Cyprus by uptimum123(m): 8:41pm On Feb 29, 2020
eldest:

I understand your point but I don't want to start what I cannot finish. My lectures are starting next week, starting a new thread will require active engagement.
Well this thread is about North Cyprus, these pictures are for people coming here to see what the place is like grin
LOL here is cool for academics

I understand bro
Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 9:11pm On Feb 29, 2020
Flaame:
Please how is flight reservation done? I've an interview this Monday and haven't figured out how to go about this.

Visit Wakanow for your flight reservation
Fill your data then your flight reservation will be sent to your email
Re: North Cyprus by Flaame(m): 10:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
eldest:

Visit Wakanow for your flight reservation
Fill your data then your flight reservation will be sent to your email
please pm at peterudeagha@gmail.com,I couldn't get to you.
Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 10:49pm On Feb 29, 2020
Someone sent me a mail from here but i will reply him here for others to know

I will try as much as I can to break it down

I divided your question into 3 places as you can see

For masters studies you'll be taking 7 courses
Each course is 350€
You will pay 5%VAT for each course
Student fee is €200 for each year
€50 for health insurance
They might not tell you but you'll pay
Seminar fee... +5%VAT and
Thesis fee....
Maybe other fees I don't know yet

If you're staying in dormitories they have price list for each dormitory and their arrangement. Maybe I'll get that and post later.
For off-camp they have arrangements like 4+1, 3+1, 2+1, studio. But in Nigeria we call them 4 bedroom flat, 3 bedroom flat and Co and here each flat have 1 lavatory.
The prices you'll get here is like 400 pounds, 350 pounds and maybe 200 pounds for each flat then you share with the number of people you want.

School buses are everywhere here. They pass every 1 hour. No matter how far you stay from school, the school bus reach everywhere, just know your street bustop and the bus time.

Hope this helps smiley

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 10:55pm On Feb 29, 2020
Flaame:
please pm at peterudeagha@gmail.com,I couldn't get to you.

You don't need to pm me

Visit www.wakanow.com
Book one way or two way whichever one you like
Put in your data as it appears on your passport
Don't payoo, just click on book flight and they will send the flight reservation to your email. You just go and print
Re: North Cyprus by Flaame(m): 11:04pm On Feb 29, 2020
eldest:

You don't need to pm me

Visit www.wakanow.com
Book one way or two way whichever one you like
Put in your data as it appears on your passport
Don't payoo, just click on book flight and they will send the flight reservation to your email. You just go and print
their site is not working

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 5:24am On Mar 01, 2020
[quote author=Flaame post=87067192] their site is not working[/quote
. It's working ]

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by expertman(m): 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
Is there any one here who can help with OK to board.

Some one wants to send me Cyprus work visa e visa.

But seems airline OK to board will be needed before airline can issue boarding pass.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2020
expertman:
Is there any one here who can help with OK to board.

Some one wants to send me Cyprus work visa e visa.

But seems airline OK to board will be needed before airline can issue boarding pass.

Which one is Cyprus work e-visa?

If you are referring to north Cyprus,we have only work permits not working visas.

If you are referring to south Cyprus, if you have the work visa it allows you to enter Cyprus with the purpose of long-term residence and employment....so fly why need ok-to-board ?

Ensure you are not getting scammed.

Meanwhile I process OKTB but you must have all documents for verification including employment offer which I will verify before processing

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by eben1991: 8:57am On Mar 02, 2020
After getting OKTBoard, what are the necessary documents to go along with at the airport. And what are the likely questions.
Re: North Cyprus by solidworks(m): 11:09am On Mar 02, 2020
wip7:

Which one is Cyprus work e-visa?

If you are referring to north Cyprus,we have only work permits not working visas.

If you are referring to south Cyprus, if you have the work visa it allows you to enter Cyprus with the purpose of long-term residence and employment....so fly why need ok-to-board ?

Ensure you are not getting scammed.

Meanwhile I process OKTB but you must have all documents for verification including employment offer which I will verify before processing

Professor wip, please I sent a mail, can you help me book flight I just got my Visa now, I want to come to EMU tomorrow, MZ visa office cos of their relocation.
Re: North Cyprus by courrage9(f): 11:21am On Mar 02, 2020
solidworks:

Professor wip, please I sent a mail, can you help me book flight I just got my Visa now, I want to come to EMU tomorrow, MZ visa office cos of their relocation.

You got it without email?
I'm at MZ Visa but they wont let me inside without email and it's been 3 weeks now
Re: North Cyprus by solidworks(m): 11:43am On Mar 02, 2020
courrage9:

You got it without email?
I'm at MZ Visa but they wont let me inside without email and it's been 3 weeks now

You have to print out your mail where the date of collection is noted.

Modified just try and get inside, cos maybe you made mistake in your email address, talk to someone... think outside the box.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by courrage9(f): 3:10pm On Mar 02, 2020
I just got it. Hurray lol
Re: North Cyprus by solidworks(m): 4:49pm On Mar 02, 2020
courrage9:
I just got it. Hurray lol
Congratulations when will you be traveling?
Re: North Cyprus by courrage9(f): 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2020
solidworks:

Congratulations when will you be traveling?

By Friday
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:25pm On Mar 02, 2020
solidworks:

I replied your email
Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 8:06pm On Mar 02, 2020
Congrats to all that got their visa today and to those awaiting you shall all get

Pls don't be in much hurry to travel so you don't forget the necessary items to carry along
The weather is still cold, try carry along your winter jacket.
Bring enough food stuffs it's cheaper at home unless you have enough money to buy them here you're not paying extra money to carry them hence they don't exceed 46kg
Your school might be at the airport to pick you up
Make sure to change all your money before coming
For the students carry along originals of all your documents

When you reach Istanbul you might need to buy a return ticket from Ercan to instanbul, don't panic it's $60 or less, that's their new rule

Comport yourself very well, if possible wear your nose mask grin

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Christie171(f): 8:23pm On Mar 02, 2020
eldest:
Congrats to all that got their visa today and to those awaiting you shall all get

Pls don't be in much hurry to travel so you don't forget the necessary items to carry along
The weather is still cold, try carry along your winter jacket.
Bring enough food stuffs it's cheaper at home unless you have enough money to buy them here you're not paying extra money to carry them hence they don't exceed 46kg
Your school might be at the airport to pick you up
Make sure to change all your money before coming
For the students carry along originals of all your documents

When you reach Istanbul you might need to buy a return ticket from Ercan to instanbul, don't panic it's $60 or less, that's their new rule

Comport yourself very well, [/b]if possible wear your nose mask[b] grin
Lolz
Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 9:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
Cyprus is such a small beautiful place, yea North precisely have not been to the South , here everybody minds his business, the school officials are very friendly well they should, most of the natives doesn't hear English. Here if you miss your road, lol you're lost unless you'll look for a black to direct you.

Picture below is a spot we normally wait for school bus inside school, but on getting there yesterday being Sunday it was quite empty. that was when I rembered the bus moves every 2 hours on Sundays and maybe one left few minutes ago. So I have to wait for like 2 hours again for the next bus

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.