Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction (56677 Views)

Leg Of Akan Weeks, Founder Of Collapsed Reigners Church In Uyo, May Be Amputated / Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) / Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by 400billionman: 12:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
Sorry, building looks funny.

Is this a stadium or theatre ?

An architect cannot build this..

Too weak to support the iron roof.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by joespiceman(m): 12:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
many things could be attributed to the fall of the building ranging from pillars, roofing materials, foundation, building materials
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by tripoli007(m): 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
helovesme:
Was any test done to determine the soil's load bearing capacity undecided

It looks like they wanted to emulate the winner's chapel edifice at Ota but they've forgotten that bishop oyedepo is a trained Architect.

Look at the walls shocked shocked isn't that just block and cement? No steel beams to support the overhead steel work shocked shocked
I was just about saying this .. PAPA is a trained and seasoned architect.. It's just so sad with this Nigerian copy copy mentality
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
efilefun:
It would someday soon cuz that middle carrying almost all the loads cant be left without a pillar, its just not right
what about winners chapel that has no pillar in the middle?
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
theres a possibility that the walls gave way which made the roof fall. all hands point at the contractor
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by CXLVII: 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
donblade85555:
atheist spotted

These re logical questions and not atheism.

Where was God on that faithful minute?

Why did he allow his house to collapse on his worshippers?

As stated that he knows tomorrow meaning he knew his house would collapse and choose to observe.

A man that has power to divide a sea but can't hold firm a building, re u kidding me?

Ask questions and stop believing in a myth.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by 400billionman: 12:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
iksmoore:
I have taken a closer look at the roof trusses of the collapsed building and i cannot but agree that there is a failure in the conceptual design analysis. The loads were not distributed uniformly and there was no support at the center hence the collapse of the roof.Authorities concern should step in immediately to avert reoccurrence.

The building first looks funny to an ordinary eye talkless an enginneer or achitect..

No calcualtions were done on that building..
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nuel25846(m): 12:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
The best church is the church in ur heart....not big big structures.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by shukudi(m): 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:
Let accept that there was a design flaw. The way this peeps preach about how there God can do signs and wonders marvels. It now looks more difficult to believe that a God you serve cannot even protect his worshippers right inside his own house.

Questions needs to be asked across all boards
I thought u were wise until u came up with this trash. Irrespective of who u are, when u choose to make a wrong decision, the consequence will always follow. Just because u don't believe in the God they serve(d), u shldnt have given ur sense of reasoning to the swine. We shld all call for d investigation of this structure by COREN nd d gvmt. It was a church yesterday and it might be a mall tmrw. U mocking those that died in the church might be in the mall. If the way u reason is d way everyone that doesn't believe in God does, then u most be living a miserable life.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by victorazy(m): 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
What is carrying this iron structs from the middle.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by chiraqDemon(m): 12:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ewomazinot:
Hope this structure is strong
Lol something that fell doen on saturday n u are asking if it is strong
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 12, 2016

When Jesus was on earth, satan once asked him to jump down from a very high point. In fact he used a portion of the bible where it said that "God will bear Jesus in his arms so he won't hit his foot on anything" to support his request

Jesus refused.

Miracles do happen, but it is also required that we apply knowledge in everything

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by CXLVII: 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
PMIcon:

This is the kind of mentality that affects Africa today- atheists and theists alike.
Every time something goes wrong, it is God or some unseen forces that must be blamed.

Authority is responsibility. Humans have been given responsibility about many things. We see evil happening when there is negligence, abuse and misuse of authority. Same reason why a newborn neglected by the parents die- not because God does not see or care but because He doesn't violate human will.

Hello, The house/altar of God just collapsed in Uyo claiming over 50 of his children grin and you believe I shouldn't be spiritual about it?

Question needs to bes asked! Where was God when his house collapsed on his children? I believe he should have done one of those miracles in the bible. If I had such powers, I would have made th pillars only to fall and hang the roof in the air.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by 400billionman: 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
BornStunner1:

HOW CAN YOU ERECT METAL OVER HEAD BEAMS WITHOUT PILLARS FOR SUPPORT??

GOD!!!!!!!! THIS WAS MURDER!!!!!

The pillars are there but weaker than the weight of the roof..
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by raphy(m): 12:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
i thoght they want to build a stadium sad sad sad sad
GOD HAVE MERCY
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by PMIcon(m): 12:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:

Hello, The house/altar of God just collapsed in Uyo claiming over 50 of his children grin and you believe I shouldn't be spiritual about it?

Question needs to bes asked! Where was God when his house collapsed on his children? I believe he should have done one of those miracles in the bible. If I had such powers, I would have made th pillars only to fall and hang the roof in the air.
Irresponsible way of thinking. Just telling you. Maybe you just decided to block your mind to seeing that evil happened to God's people right in that Bible. You should go and study why rather than making ignorant mockery. You don't have to believe in God to be able to use the brain He gave you, do you?
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by wirinet(m): 12:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
helovesme:
Was any test done to determine the soil's load bearing capacity undecided

It looks like they wanted to emulate the winner's chapel edifice at Ota but they've forgotten that bishop oyedepo is a trained Architect.

Look at the walls shocked shocked isn't that just block and cement? No steel beams to support the overhead steel work shocked shocked

Soil test to determine load bearing capacity is not the issue here as the building did not collapse because of foundation failure. The building collapsed due to design failure.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by idupaul: 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
A poorly delivered version of a self supporting roof .there was no way that was going to hold ..
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by CXLVII: 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
shukudi:
I thought u were wise until u came up with this trash. Irrespective of who u are, when u choose to make a wrong decision, the consequence will always follow. Just because u don't believe in the God they serve(d), u shldnt have given ur sense of reasoning to the swine. We shld all call for d investigation of this structure by COREN nd d gvmt. It was a church yesterday and it might be a mall tmrw. U mocking those that died in the church might be in the mall. If the way u reason is d way everyone that doesn't believe in God does, then u most be living a miserable life.

Hello! The House of God just collapsed, His altar like you claim. How did it fall? Could a biblical miracle happen like it was written in the bible? Now you talking COREN grin grin grin

We re talking of a spiritual house and not a mall.... I don't know a God that would allow his children perish right under his house and he couldn't even just hang the roof in the air.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by waldigit: 12:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
iksmoore:
I have taken a closer look at the roof trusses of the collapsed building and i cannot but agree that there is a failure in the conceptual design analysis. The loads were not distributed uniformly and there was no support at the center hence the collapse of the roof.Authorities concern should step in immediately to avert reoccurrence.
From the pics. I can see the problem lies with structural integrity of the steel beams and trusses. From the pics most of the main beam and bars are deformed under their own dead weight, let alone the strain they will experience under imposed load of roof, wind etc
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by CuteTj(m): 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
AnodaIT:

I dont think there is need for central support. But I can agree with you about the load distribution, under normal circumstances, loads are designed to induce mainly axial stresses ie to transfer the burden to the pillars by the side.

Take for instance, stadiums with cover roof will not need a support at the center to hold the structure

you're correct as well but iksmoore's analysis is very spot on. the pic of the stadium posted by you shows that the roof trusses are well supported beneath it but the church's auditorium roof trusses are only supported by those A4 thin paper walls (I exaggerated with the A4 paper).

For roof trusses as in the church's own not to cave in, you need support in the middle and also like every 10metres along the entire span until you get to the center.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by ifecobaba(m): 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
sad......
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by MossLuv: 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2016
Am not an engineer but I think the building is too large not to have pillars at the he centre
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by AngryNigerian(m): 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2016
lofty900:
If the building hadn't collapsed, would u have noticed this?
Winners chapel doesn't have a pillar in the middle, so I don't think it's design problem. I think it's substandard building materials that caused this mess

Thank you sir! Was about saying same thing...we all see these things but dont say anything - especially the experts here spewing thrash! We are all guilty of d mess called Nigeria - one way or the other
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by rev2214(m): 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
God will always protect and provide for is own people.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by CXLVII: 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
PMIcon:

Irresponsible way of thinking. Just telling you. Maybe you just decided to block your mind to seeing that evil happened to God's people right in that Bible. You should go and study why rather than making ignorant mockery. You don't have to believe in God to be able to use the brain He gave you, do you?

I know your likes...you always hide away from the truth.

You still had the guts to say evil happen to God's people grin you also need to start using your brain. I thought your likes use to say u re anointed grin

Ask critical questions about what you preach. So the whole ominipotent and ominiscience na wash?
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by admax(m): 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
With your response below, I will take you as a joke!
[quote author=CXLVII post=51856287][/quote]
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Charly68: 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
They should have gone to consult winners chapel,they are good in constructing this type of edifice.. May the lord grant the soul of the deceased eternal rest. This is pure accidents . The blame game should stop
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by wirinet(m): 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
lofty900:
If the building hadn't collapsed, would u have noticed this?
Winners chapel doesn't have a pillar in the middle, so I don't think it's design problem. I think it's substandard building materials that caused this mess

It is a design problem. Are you not seeing the flimsy nature of the concrete pillars that was supposed to carry the steel roof trusses? Can you not see the flimsy way the roof is joined to the beam? It looks like the roof trusses were simply placed on the beam like a cap. A strong wind would have blown the roof off. The weight at the centre of gravity of the roof (the middle) would be tremendous and there were no support or counter balance to offset that weight.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by abbeyty(m): 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
they could have waited for the whole building to complete b4 they allow people to worship there, why inviting people to come and worship in an uncompleted building ? i guess they could not wait to start earning RIP to the dead
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:

Hello! The House of God just collapsed, His altar like you claim. How did it fall? Could a biblical miracle happen like it was written in the bible? Now you talking COREN grin grin grin

We re talking of a spiritual house and not a mall.... I don't know a God that would allow his children perish right under his house and he couldn't even just hang the roof in the air.

God was with them underneath the rubbles just as he was with them in the days of plenty and celebrations while they are alive.

You have been jumping up and down various threads trying to mock God since you think it helps you justify your lack of faith in God

I don't want to try proove God exists to you because if he wasn't real, you wont feel the need to fight him so much. I feel you are seeking his attention by being outrageously rebellious. Soon you will see him and then your prayers will be answered

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lords Chosen Man: "I Fought A Demonic Cat And Killed It In Osun" (Photos) / "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM / Prophet Odumeje Finally Forgives Ada Jesus, Gifts Her N1 Million (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.