Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction (56679 Views)

Leg Of Akan Weeks, Founder Of Collapsed Reigners Church In Uyo, May Be Amputated / Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) / Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by gameboyo: 9:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
[quote author=BornStunner1 post=51862522]

Winners chapel in ota does not make use of metal for the beams but a kind of syntentic alloy that is light and can stay without pillars for support!!

Do you understand? [/quote

But should have a base somewhere, I guess
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by frank043(m): 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
wink
YeyeGirl:
U ryt tho..

Yes, I'm...thanks. No big deal ma'am. #winks
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by WilliamsNedd: 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ewomazinot:
Hope this structure is strong

Mynd44
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Frankgoz(m): 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
frank043:

My brother, someone has to at least make some professional statements. The misleading and highly erroneous comments I was seeing here forced me to exercise a little patience to analyse the situation.

How's work over at your end?

The comments are quite misleading. When it comes 2 construction trust me even laymen will come hia and do analysis!!!!! As for work, we are making frantic effort to deliver on or before 20th Dec. Thanks a lot!!
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2016
iksmoore:
I have taken a closer look at the roof trusses of the collapsed building and i cannot but agree that there is a failure in the conceptual design analysis. The loads were not distributed uniformly and there was no support at the center hence the collapse of the roof.Authorities concern should step in immediately to avert reoccurrence .
Recurrence
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Malayy(m): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:

These re logical questions and not atheism.

Where was God on that faithful minute?

Why did he allow his house to collapse on his worshippers?

As stated that he knows tomorrow meaning he knew his house would collapse and choose to observe.

A man that has power to divide a sea but can't hold firm a building, re u kidding me?

Ask questions and stop believing in a myth.

bastard.. you think God is a magician.. tomorrow go stand on a highway, and ask why God don't protect your sorry azz when you get crushed to death..
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by CXLVII: 9:46pm On Dec 12, 2016
Malayy:
bastard.. you think God is a magician.. tomorrow go stand on a highway, and ask why God don't protect your sorry azz when you get crushed to death..

grin grin grin

Your God is not a magician but can walk on water, divide the red Sea, wake the dead, heal the sick and even woke up after death and you still say his not a magician?

Tell me something else that makes him not a magician.

You really cracking me up ere grin
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Malayy(m): 9:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:

grin grin grin

Your God is not a magician but can walk on water, divide the red Sea, wake the dead, heal the sick and even woke up after death and you still say his not a magician?

Tell me something else that makes him not a magician.

You really cracking me up ere grin
you are really childish.. all these newbies atheists on nairaland
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by CXLVII: 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
Malayy:

you are really childish.. all these newbies atheists on nairaland

When u wrote "You think God is a magician" Am still laughing till this seconds. You made my night. Thanks alot.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by donblade85555(m): 10:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:

These re logical questions and not atheism.

Where was God on that faithful minute?

Why did he allow his house to collapse on his worshippers?

As stated that he knows tomorrow meaning he knew his house would collapse and choose to observe.

A man that has power to divide a sea but can't hold firm a building, re u kidding me?

Ask questions and stop believing in a myth.

so you are trying to say that God does not exist?
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by wirinet(m): 10:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
frank043:

What are you saying?...are you a civil engineer?I guess you are not, cos of the terms you used? Steel roof systems are meant for long spans (they only need supports at their extreme ends), ie if it's properly designed by a professional and experienced civil/structural engineer. Steel sections are very efficient in performing that function, that was why timber wasn't used or ain't used for long spans. I know this cos I'm a civil engineer, and I have modeled, analysed and designed more complex steel roof systems, with much longer spans.

Now, from the pictures I have seen, the concrete quality is BAD! The columns were under reinforced, the steel roof lost stability due to poor connections between the members and between the trusses and the supporting columns, the diagonals' section sizes and also due to the fact that the columns meant to take horizontal thrust and moment failed in shear as a result of being poorly reinforced (the concrete columns where forced to take tension...concrete doesn't take tension, it.will shear). From the state of the construction site, quacks were in charge doing what to have absolutely no professional idea of.

There's no way they would have had some immediate signs of collapse, cos steel fails plastically(ie there are no warming signs), ie if it was even analysed and designed, which I firmly doubt!

May the souls of the dead rest in peace. AMEN.
I agree with most of what you wrote save the quotes I highlighted in red. From the pictures I have seen, there is no evidence that the concrete quality was bad and also, there is no evidence that the columns meant to take the horizontal thrust failed. From all the pictures I have seen, the roof simply collapsed on itself. It was too heavy to stand. Just look at the size and weight of a single steel truss, then multiply it by the total number used for the whole roof, you will realize the roof cannot stand even place alone on the ground. The concrete pillars and beams were still standing after the collapse.
See this video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBNKq9dsU_k

I also doubt the pillars and beams can withstand the weight of the roof for long even if the roof had not collapsed, they look too flimsy.
See the ease with which a small crane snapped the beams and pillars in the video.

I am an architect and not a structural engineer, so I concede competence in such matters to you guys. I am only voicing my opinion.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by frank043(m): 12:31am On Dec 13, 2016
wirinet:

I agree with most of what you wrote save the quotes I highlighted in red. From the pictures I have seen, there is no evidence that the concrete quality was bad and also, there is no evidence that the columns meant to take the horizontal thrust failed. From all the pictures I have seen, the roof simply collapsed on itself. It was too heavy to stand. Just look at the size and weight of a single steel truss, then multiply it by the total number used for the whole roof, you will realize the roof cannot stand even place alone on the ground. The concrete pillars and beams were still standing after the collapse.
See this video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBNKq9dsU_k

I also doubt the pillars and beams can withstand the weight of the roof for long even if the roof had not collapsed, they look too flimsy.
See the ease with which a small crane snapped the beams and pillars in the video.

I am an architect and not a structural engineer, so I concede competence in such matters to you guys. I am only voicing my opinion.

I have seen close shot photographs of the columns that failed in shear...the columns were POORLY reinforced! I don't just type what I'm not sure of. The pictures here ain't the only pictures in circulation. There are close shot precision pictures, not the poor quality ones here that ain't captured for forensic analysis purposes.

Quality of concrete ain't determined solely by destructive means, visual inspection can speak volumes of the composition and quality of the concrete. Experience plays a key role in this case.

Now, how do you expect such truss system to fail, other than the way it fell? That system lost stability at its support lines (CONNECTIONS), due to insufficient holding down bolts, and also poor anchorage (CLEARLY DEPICTED FROM THE PICTURES I SAW).

Again, you don't have sufficient knowledge of how the system works, that's why you ignorantly said it collapsed on its own. If this kind of system will fail, it's during installation or at full excitation. No amount of explanation of the behaviour of the system will suffice for you to have a clear grasp of an existing key structural concept.

Oh...you are even an architect, no wonder the misaligned use of terms. That aside, as an ARCHITECT, your opinion in structural forensic investigation doesn't really hold water.

The structural documents issued for that site was NOT from a competent consultant, and the supervision was done by highly incompetent individuals, who have no business whatsoever in a construction site.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by redsun(m): 2:41am On Dec 13, 2016
At a time when churches in the Europe and the rest of the known world are closing their doors and selling out their premises for other contemporary uses African churches are springing up with disastrous consequences. The dark age mistakes and primitivity of Europe in the early centuries are styles and norms in the 21st century Africa

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 4:25am On Dec 13, 2016
greenhulk:

This was probably caused by design or engineering flaw or use of substarndard materials. it has nothing to do with wether there's a pillar in the middle or not. An indoor stadium does not have pillar in the middle because it is not needed, the design of this church does not require a pillar in the mddle, just like winners chapel mighty auditorium does not have any pillars in the middle.

The engineers at winners also share the same opinion with you and so does the engineer at the unfortunate church grin grin grin

All correct until yawa gas
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 4:28am On Dec 13, 2016
feeloscar:
Are you a Civil Engr? Your answer must be no isn't it?

I am pretty sure even the engineer at that church would have asked this same question. Speaks volume isn't it?
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by donchuzy22: 6:52am On Dec 13, 2016
AnodaIT:

I dont think there is need for central support. But I can agree with you about the load distribution, under normal circumstances, loads are designed to induce mainly axial stresses ie to transfer the burden to the pillars by the side.

Take for instance, stadiums with cover roof will not need a support at the center to hold the structure

[img]http://www.ajc.com/rf/image_large//Pub/p7/AJC/2016/02/23/Images/photos.medleyphoto.8771938.jpg? Hv u conconsidered that the load bearing of the stadium is far mor different from what we jst saw,=ajsItmvXTJuoNl6g2NnALg[/img]
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by puuleeese: 7:55am On Dec 13, 2016
People to sue; the church, the engineers and architect, the state development and planning ministry. Jointly and severely.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by tonididdy(m): 8:05am On Dec 13, 2016
1stCitizen:
A pillar at the middle would have averted this mishap. The structural engineer should be held accountable

GBAM

JUST one concrete or metal pillar at the middle would just do the miracle but ..... the emgineer
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Kennydoc(m): 12:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
AnodaIT:

I dont think there is need for central support. But I can agree with you about the load distribution, under normal circumstances, loads are designed to induce mainly axial stresses ie to transfer the burden to the pillars by the side.

Take for instance, stadiums with cover roof will not need a support at the center to hold the structure

Stadia roof covers usually don't have iron frames but aluminium. Aluminium is much lighter, but still reasonably strong.
The church in question used heavy iron beams, which means that the load they transmitted was much.
Even though I'm not an architect or a civil engineer, it is very clear to me that the design is flawed. You're right about the burden transmission to the pillars.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by feeloscar(m): 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2016
1stCitizen:

I am pretty sure even the engineer at that church would have asked this same question. Speaks volume isn't it?
Which is why you shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
feeloscar:
Which is why you shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about.

I can imagine how the engineer of that project sounded when faced with the same comment before the mishap. Just like you. I am sure he thought he knows something....just like you cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Ken4Christ: 3:08am On Dec 14, 2016
This is the product of poor standard of education in Nigeria. Even a lay man looking at the structure should see how fragile the frame work that supported the steel is. There should have been well casted reinforced pillars at each point the steel is hinged. They were probably trying to save cost or meet up with a target date. I doubt it if it was a professional structural engineer that designed and supervised this project.

This is mass murder. The government should enforce laws to control the design and building of houses.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by eddybekp(m): 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
CXLVII:
Let accept that there was a design flaw. The way this peeps preach about how there God can do signs and wonders marvels. It now looks more difficult to believe that a God you serve cannot even protect his worshippers right inside his own house.

Questions needs to be asked across all boards

Don't mock God. It is the fault of contractor & the owner of the church because they overlooked safety precaution. God can work with you but not for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lords Chosen Man: "I Fought A Demonic Cat And Killed It In Osun" (Photos) / "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM / Prophet Odumeje Finally Forgives Ada Jesus, Gifts Her N1 Million (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.