Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction (56680 Views)

Leg Of Akan Weeks, Founder Of Collapsed Reigners Church In Uyo, May Be Amputated / Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) / Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by ifeanyi83(m): 12:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
The failure of the structure came from the roof obviously.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by CXLVII: 12:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
FredN:

God was with them underneath the rubbles just as he was with them in the days of plenty and celebrations while they are alive.

You have been jumping up and down various threads trying to mock God since you think it helps you justify your lack of faith in God

I don't want to try proove God exists to you because if he wasn't real, you wont feel the need to fight him so much. I feel you are seeking his attention by being outrageously rebellious. Soon you will see him and then your prayers will be answered

God was with them underneath the rubble grin grin cheesy you re a comedian

grin. Seeking the attention of one who could not give attention to 50 souls last week grin grin grin

Re u kidding me?
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by lordcenred(m): 12:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ewomazinot:
Hope this structure is strong
Are u asking now? Why would the collapse occur if it was strong?
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
AnodaIT:

I dont think there is need for central support. But I can agree with you about the load distribution, under normal circumstances, loads are designed to induce mainly axial stresses ie to transfer the burden to the pillars by the side.

Take for instance, stadiums with cover roof will not need a support at the center to hold the structure

[img]http://www.ajc.com/rf/image_large//Pub/p7/
AJC/2016/02/23/Images/photos.medleyphoto.8771938.jpg?uuid=ajsItmvXTJuoNl6g2NnALg[/img]

Look at the nice pic you posted.

Then look again at the OP' pics.

See any difference?
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by dplordx(m): 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
ogastone:
But wait o, must the building fall on that day and the exact time the people and His Excellency are inside ?
Abi some people climb on top of the roof ?
Secrets belongs to the Almighty.
RIP to the dead

Heavy vibrations from the speakers, generator and congregration is enough to pull down a poorly conceived foundation. May God always protect us and save us from disaster.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by to9ine: 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2016
People that didn't even pass elementary physics are forming structural engineers.. Building designs have evolved to some fantastically crazy looking structures that hitherto will have been termed impossible.

Instead of forming na we sabi, let's wait for the experts to conclude..

Nigeria will be a lil bit better if people talk less and think more..

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by juman(m): 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
DaudaAbu:

Holy ghost is the pillars.

He was lil tired thats why it he went to rest small

grin

Sorry thing.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by wirinet(m): 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
to9ine:
People that didn't even pass elementary physics are forming structural engineers.. Building designs have evolved to some fantastically crazy looking structures that hitherto will have been termed impossible.

Instead of forming na we sabi, let's wait for the experts to conclude..

Nigeria will be a lil bit better if people talk less and think more..

And you think there are no structural engineers/architects or other construction professionals here.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by efilefun(m): 12:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
This roof was just placed on the block structure it got nothing holding it to the ground which that of winners had, more over na oyedepo work gan gan be that, you cant expect a mechanic to do a shitty work on the car he would personally be driving
lofty900:
what about winners chapel that has no pillar in the middle?
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ewomazinot:
Hope this structure is strong

What is this one saying? Building collapsed and killed people and you are here saying you hope the building is strong. If it was that strong, would it have collapsed?

Now, taking a look at that structure, just one pillar at the centre would’ve prevented the calamity. Very poorly scripted architectural design.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by brokenplate: 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
Check my signature for more details

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
BornStunner1:

HOW CAN YOU ERECT METAL OVER HEAD BEAMS WITHOUT PILLARS FOR SUPPORT??

GOD!!!!!!!! THIS WAS MURDER!!!!!

yes! It is pure murder! but the church gullibles claim it is God's will and that those who died are already in heaven, how crazy is that?
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by princeivon(m): 1:03pm On Dec 12, 2016
many of you guys are blaming the construction team especially the architect for bringing such design for the project but if to say such tragic incident didn't occur and the design is been uploaded on this site, it's gonna be thesame set of guys condemning the design that will praising the architect for a well good job done...

9ja pple (hypocrite pple)
RIP to the people that lost their lives in this tragic incidentmany of you guys are blaming the construction team especially the architect for bringing such design for the project but if to say such tragic incident didn't occur and the design is been uploaded on this site, it's gonna be thesame set of guys condemning the design that will praising the architect for a well good job done...

RIP to the people that lost their lives in this tragic incident
many of you guys are blaming the construction team especially the architect for bringing such design for the project but if to say such tragic incident didn't occur and the design is been uploaded on this site, it's gonna be thesame set of guys condemning the design that will praising the architect for a well good job done...

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by thankgod460(m): 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:
Let accept that there was a design flaw. The way this peeps preach about how there God can do signs and wonders marvels. It now looks more difficult to believe that a God you serve cannot even protect his worshippers right inside his own house.

Questions needs to be asked across all boards

to answer your question is because you don't know whom God is... God himself is ' I am that I am'. thousands of meaning is meant for this but to give you your response.... to be alive is God, to die is still God. your happiness is God and your sorrow is God..... God is unquestionable
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by BluStreak(m): 1:05pm On Dec 12, 2016
Are you for real shocked shocked shocked shocked? What did they expect should bear the load of all that steel plus roofing sheets as it disperses from the centre down to its ends since there was no centre load bearer? Those tiny pillar frames of the building I am looking at? Truth is that building would have still collapsed later if it hadn't happened when it did. I believe that church will have among its congregation qualified and even student engineers, why didn't anybody raise an alarm?

If the architect that drew this structure didn't make provisions for a steel beam that should transverse across 'side-to-side' to balance the load and direct it downwards instead of dispersal direction should be prosecuted. Even if the pillars where replaced with steel frames, a load direction balancer (if they didn't want to have a centre beam carrying the load) would have still been necessary.

This is the reason in car wheels configuration, manufacturers add some fittings which to an ordinary eye has no sensible use of it being there. They are called stabilisers, loose them and you see your car wobble and so on.

That structure was built to fail.

Architects please come and use the right terms to explain my points better. I am a physicist, not an architect.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by princeivon(m): 1:05pm On Dec 12, 2016

RIP to the people that lost their lives in this tragic incidentmany of you guys are blaming the construction team especially the architect for bringing such design for the project but if to say such tragic incident didn't occur and the design is been uploaded on this site, it's gonna be thesame set of guys condemning the design that will praising the architect for a well good job done...

many of you guys are blaming the construction team especially the architect for bringing such design for the project but if to say such tragic incident didn't occur and the design is been uploaded on this site, it's gonna be same set of guys condemning the design that will also be praising the architect for a good job done...

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
wirinet:

And you think there are no structural engineers/architects or other construction professionals here.
don't mind that cretin! just because people are on nairaland doesn't mean they are not proffessonals he is proberbly waiting for Another crooked pastor to claim it was the Devils fault, before he will Accept.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by helovesme(f): 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2016
wirinet:

Soil test to determine load bearing capacity is not the issue here as the building did not collapse because of foundation failure. The building collapsed due to design failure.

The soil's load bearing capacity for a structure of that size is very important. It is one of the very first test that should have been carried out before any work commenced on the building site.

Looking at the picture, the soil looks like laterite.

Looking at the picture again, it appears there was a lot of soil excavation before the construction work began.

There is nothing wrong with the design of the building itself. I have seen several far more complex structures. The problem is too much emphasis was placed on the structural roof work without thinking about the load bearing walls/beams/soil.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Elo4: 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
looking at structure one should know that the beam's supporting the overhead structure it's not strong enough to with stand it's load uniformly. my suggestion here is that the state government should not fell to hold those accountable such. including the engineer, contractor, architect and also the pastor, who if its found wanting should be charge for involuntary manslaughter.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by lantres000(m): 1:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
lofty900:
winners has no pillar in the middle. Ask anyone

Thats because he has done his home work. I can bet thats what this man of God was trying to copy before he got his hands Burnt.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
thankgod460:

to answer your question is because you don't know whom God is... God himself is ' I am that I am'. thousands of meaning is meant for this but to give you your response.... to be alive is God, to die is still God. your happiness is God and your sorrow is God..... God is unquestionable
Rubbish! i can bet my ass you haven't even read your bible in the last 12 months infact you may not even own a bible, were did you see god before he told you all these, please give me his number or address i want to talk to him too.
look! as much as i believe in God, i also believe in seeking for and investigating human errors
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by VajanahDischaj(f): 1:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
iksmoore:
I have taken a closer look at the roof trusses of the collapsed building and i cannot but agree that there is a failure in the conceptual design analysis. The loads were not distributed uniformly and there was no support at the center hence the collapse of the roof.Authorities concern should step in immediately to avert reoccurrence.
no middle pillar, and see how flat the framework looks. this is why people with skills also need formal education.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by BluStreak(m): 1:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
helovesme:

The soil's load bearing capacity for a structure of that size is very important.

Looking at the picture again, it appears there was a lot of soil excavation before the construction work began.

There is nothing wrong with the design of the building itself. I have seen several far more complex structures. The problem is too much emphasis was placed on the structural roof work without thinking about the load bearing walls/beams/soil.

We cut corner and neglect a lot of things in Nigeria and most times even go way below the approved standards.

A few super beams should have been introduced and woven into the design and aesthetics of the building to carry the loads since they didn't want to introduce a centre beam or transverse load balancer.

I will blame the architect 101%.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by otokx(m): 1:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
BornStunner1:

HOW CAN YOU ERECT METAL OVER HEAD BEAMS WITHOUT PILLARS FOR SUPPORT??

GOD!!!!!!!! THIS WAS MURDER!!!!!

Suicide you mean
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by helovesme(f): 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
BluStreak:

We cut corner and neglect a lot of things in Nigeria and most times even go way below the approved standards.

A few super beams should have been introduced and woven into the design and aesthetics of the building to carry the loads since they didn't want to introduce a centre beam or transverse load balancer.

I will blame the architect 101%.

I agree.

However, the structural engineer also shares a large portion of the blame.

That structure is a complex one that involves a lot of calculation/engineering maths to get everything right. Every single thing had to be taken into account - from the weight, length of each steel beam to the density of the concrete used in the foundation work.

Guess someone was just too lazy or maybe they employed a quack.

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by BluStreak(m): 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
lantres000:

Thats because he has done his home work. I can bet thats what this man of God was trying to copy before he got his hands Burnt.

Very true. Winners has no centre pillar. The moment I saw the collapsed structure, I knew they were copying theirs and now this.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by ikukuhero: 1:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
helovesme:
Was any test done to determine the soil's load bearing capacity undecided

It looks like they wanted to emulate the winner's chapel edifice at Ota but they've forgotten that bishop oyedepo is a trained Architect.

Look at the walls shocked shocked isn't that just block and cement? No steel beams to support the overhead steel work shocked shocked

The moment I saw the first picture, what came to my mind was that they may have tried to replicate Winners' Chapel Ota's structure, howbeit on a much smaller scale. Sad!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Irepib(m): 1:29pm On Dec 12, 2016
Weldone blood money pastor u have sacrifice 200people for ur church to buy but u did not die as the pastor guys wise up open ur eye don't trust anyone that call him self pastor or bishop
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by BluStreak(m): 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
In some climes, all those involved in this will be tried for murder, not manslaughter. Negligence is no excuse to take the life of this much people.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Adefahd: 1:32pm On Dec 12, 2016
even layman knew that the structure is defective.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by wirinet(m): 1:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
helovesme:

The soil's load bearing capacity for a structure of that size is very important. It is one of the very first test that should have been carried out before any work commenced on the building site.

No body is saying that soil test to determine its load bearing capacity in order to aid foundation design is not important, what i am emphasizing is that this particular building collapse (or should i say roof collapse) had nothing to with ability of the soil to carry the structural loads (foundation failure). The building collapsed due to structural design failure.

You are contradicting yourself in one paragraph. You said nothing is wrong with the design itself and then followed up that too much emphasis was placed on the structural roof work without thinking about the load bearing walls/beams/ soil .

That roof could not stand the way it was design.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lords Chosen Man: "I Fought A Demonic Cat And Killed It In Osun" (Photos) / "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM / Prophet Odumeje Finally Forgives Ada Jesus, Gifts Her N1 Million (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.