Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea (37897 Views)

Adeboye Prays For Joshua Mike-Bamiloye & Tolulope Mary Odesola At Their Wedding / The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events / What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by OMOTOWO(m): 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2016
The question akpororo should be asked before he was engaged for THE EXPERIENCE ,should have been"Bro,akpororo are you born again?"if yes,he will not dare take scriptures for granted and if NO,he should be given chance to give his life to christ!!!in the first place ,why engaging a secular/worldly akpororo service?I agree with Mr ISAWURU.Sir,what about Bose,paulina and the ayamatanga crew.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by damosky12(m): 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2016
seunny4lif:
Abeg
Una carry the religion pass the Oyinbo can introduced it to una self

Jesus paid for your sins. He paved the way for your justification. All you need do is accept him and be saved.

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by ct2: 4:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Fake pastor
You impregnated my cousin and abandoned her and the baby
I wished u were deleted from this platform, we don't need minds like u
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Deilluminator(m): 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
Even though his points are right, I am not totally against joke in the church because it depends on what you say. We should also remember that we shall account for every careless word we use while on earth.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Cornerstone001: 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seun:
I think Pastor Bamiloye is right to be worried. Comedy makes it easy for people to notice that certain things they believe or do are absurd.

cry
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by SamUtaji: 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by LordIsaac(m): 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
At last, a minister of God took to the social media to confine the world and wordliness to where it belongs. The Apostles who died gruesome deaths will turn in their graves on beholding the decay that characterise today's christianity in the name of liberty. Even men who served tables during the time of Stephen were said to be filled with the Holyghost. Turning the house of God to a place of frivolous and careless living instead of a place of conviction and deep sobriety is condemnable in its entirety!

2 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Alyna: 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Fake pastor

Proof
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Femich18(m): 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
AntiWailer:
At THE Experience ..

One comedian actually opened the Bible and made jokes on Mess.

I was like waooo.

How and when did we get here ?
Two of my friends told me same...its really bad to be candid
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
Very True. The church has been blown away by the world. God revive your church. Thank you bro Mike.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Deilluminator(m): 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
Though his points are right,I am not totally against it, because it depends on what you say. But we must remember that we must give account of every idle word we used on the day of judgment. Mathew 12:36

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Segadem(m): 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
ejamahrandy:
But God is not complaining
Wonder shall never end
...abi u be God's mouth piece?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Dinocarex(m): 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Fake pastor

Well done
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweery:

Must you quote everything just to write two words?

@post I don't see anything bad with comedy in church.

Jesus christ died to give us LIBERTY.I don't know why some christians tend to cage themselves in becausé of dogmas/doctrines backward and limiting mentalities.
Absolutely! look! the whole idea of church and christianity is to treat people contemptiously, make them feel inadequate, guilty, Afraid and paranoid, it is the easiest way to control them, in my opinion anyway.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Tual: 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
justicejay:
If you sermon is divine, genuine, and short no one is gonna sleep
Story It's like you don't know how the devil works

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by fboonmy: 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by OlafenwaMoses(m): 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweery:

Jesus christ died to give us LIBERTY.I don't know why some christians tend to cage themselves in becausé of dogmas/doctrines backward and limiting mentalities.

Liberty or Eternal life, my sister?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by seunny4lif(m): 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
damosky12:

Jesus paid for your sins. He paved the way for your justification. All you need do is accept him and be saved.
Save yourself first before saving others
Save your Economy
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by discman2k2(m): 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
admax:
I beg to diagree sir, we would rather prefer them to laugh in Churches than pay thousands of Naira to laugh in some secular shows.

Most comedy in Churches takes place during anniversary or youth programmes morever, God is not a boring God.

Let's not limit the practice of Christianity to our cultural or personal background - Doctrines are man made.

Bro, i understand what u feel & how u feel it. However, i want u to reason along with me a lil bit. If we joke wt d Words of God, Holy Spirit manifestations, God's throne & His the workings of His spiritual gifts how do u think IT WOULD BE REVERED?
If we fun wt those Core Stories which God put down to teach us and prepare us about the future & how we should comport ourselves as Christians and live, what Impact do u think we could make in trying to preach with such "JOKES"?
Lastly, how would you apply the Bible jokes, when others have ridiculed it & made it ridiculous with the jokes?
Anything you joke with loses its eminence & thereby its effect is made ineffective.
Even Jesus once came to the Synagogue & scattered everything, threw people out & made an example of those who has "made my Father's house into a Den of thieves ". God's house is not for Mockers, Jesters or Business. ALL THE COMEDY IN D CHURCH IS A CALCULATED PLOY OF D DEVIL TO WATER DOWN THE REDEMPTION PLAN OF CHRIST BY MAKING ALL SPIRITUAL LESSONS TO BE SEEN AS A JOKE, THEREFORE WHEN WE PREACH IT SINNERS MIGHT NOT VALUE ITS WORTH.

6 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Jazzlite: 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Fake pastor
liar your cousin was a prostitute
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Jazzlite: 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seun:
I think Pastor Bamiloye is right to be worried. Comedy makes it easy for people to notice that certain things they believe or do are absurd.
you are a slowpoke

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by justicejay(m): 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
Tual:
Story It's like you don't know how the devil works
Lolx, devil's P.A explain
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
i believe in God but i do not believe in church or Religion, so i wellcome comedy in the church, infact Religion and church is a joke anyway, why do i even care? i don't even go to church, i think i am on the wrong thread sad
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by AntiWailer: 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
Femich18:

Two of my friends told me same...its really bad to be candid

I am actually a liberal when it comes to stuffs like that but I knew something was just wrong with all those kind of jokes in the church.

Akpororo even screamed IDI ARABA as part of his tongue.

I agree with Mike Bamiloye, it is verrrry wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by feedthenation(m): 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
I agree with the Pastor, worldliness has crept into our places of worship.
Most people don't take christianity serious anymore.
Check other religions, if such comedy acts are acceptable.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
justicejay:

Lolx, devil's P.A explain
grin grin devil's PA you say? the devil is his uncle.

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Viccctor(m): 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Tell them.
must u requote evryting
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Rapture4real(m): 4:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
beycity:
I totally agree with all what you said sir.

1,000,000,000 likes. I'm afraid Satan has taken over and the Second Coming of the Master is fast approaching. The deception then was that we should not be too strict so as not to chase people away from the church but they have defiled the essence of our power, They have become like us. No threat to their spirits again in the church. Gospel musicians who are of the world mount our pulpit with empty and dirty life to pollute us. I know God is angry with those comedians who see the name of Jesus,Pastors and Church as the premises for their comedy. Even nollywood Yoruba mock our Lord Jesus Christ when you dare not use the name of the Founder of Islam to joke without commotion and mayhem.Judgement of God is looming.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by bigtt76(f): 4:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
Wetin de do these pastors sef! The need for change that brought about the protestants, charismatics and pentecostal has now seen the need for introducing comedy gospel and they're here shouting!

Don't they know how boring their preachings are now? Since they're all centered towards giving for prosperity and nothing more than that undecided #parkWell Jaaaaaaaaare!
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweery:

How many times have you laughed at ur parents or made jokes about them?

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by gentleman100(m): 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
ejamahrandy:
But God is not complaining
so we wait until he does?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seun:
Absolutely! some of the believes Are a complete and utter joke!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) / Muoka's Accuser Juliet Ezeonye-Idu In Prison In Prison Now / Fr. Mbaka Creates 4500 Jobs In Enugu State!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.