Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea (37880 Views)

Adeboye Prays For Joshua Mike-Bamiloye & Tolulope Mary Odesola At Their Wedding / The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events / What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by yomalex(m): 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
A Mockery
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Alexyswiss(m): 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
then so we should keep straight faces in church.... there are some broken hearts who has been relieved of worries by just that one laugh...

there are youths who gets attracted to church by just the fun of comedy

when are we then suppose to laugh in church??....when the choir meshes up a rhythm or we not suppose to laugh at all??

the presence of God is not in the church building.... it is in our hearts

these funny things pastor do or the so called jokes go through you mind and you laugh when you witness them...just because you don't say them and some "talented" youth does doesn't make you righteous

they paint a perfect picture to our face but inside they need help than us
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Temmytea70(m): 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweery:
Must you quote everything just to write two words?

@post I don't see anything bad with comedy in church.
grin
sweery:

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
Perfectly said sir...Jah bless you!

I'm a new nairalander. You guys should please welcome me so I can feel at home. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by martineverest(m): 3:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
ejamahrandy:
But God is not complaining
empty-brained dude.....i gues its a normal thing in ur church

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Temmytea70(m): 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Fake pastor
You impregnated my cousin and abandoned her and the baby
Evidence to show/prove

9 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by kayc0(f): 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
I am with Pastor Bamiloye on this. We have really diluted our worship and service with so much wordliness. No wonder we no longer see the great moves of God in our churches and Christian meetings as it was in the days of yore. God will never lower his standards

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by hefelove(m): 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweery:

Jesus christ died to give us LIBERTY.I don't know why some christians tend to cage themselves in becausé of dogmas/doctrines backward and limiting mentalities.
it seems u didn't read what he wrote, he didn't see anything bad also but the bad things there is wer they bring out their comedy
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Maximus85(m): 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2016
I laff in Greek.

So it's better to bring politicians to that same pulpit, abi? Some of these comedians are even better than the so-called pastors.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by TINALETC3(f): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
undecided must u quote everything
soulpeppersoup:

Tell them.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by rawtouch: 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
someone cannot laugh inside church again..

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by justicejay(m): 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
Tual:
In as much as the points stated by him are correct, l also want to say that bringing comedy during sermons usually make the congregation follow duely but giving only sermons without stories of illustrations or comedy makes the whole thing boring . lt takes the grace of God to be able to conquer sleep,absent mindedness and distractions....
If you sermon is divine, genuine, and short no one is gonna sleep

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by maestrojohn(m): 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Fake pastor

is this a police station? Are you drunk?

6 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by XaintJoel20: 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweery:

Jesus christ died to give us LIBERTY.I don't know why some christians tend to cage themselves in becausé of dogmas/doctrines backward and limiting mentalities.
Making mockery of the Lord, gospel and the word is what you call Liberty.
I pity you....

3 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by uwemetok(m): 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
I salute your stupidy.

It exceeds my understanding.

OlajumokeBread:

Fake pastor

8 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by AntiWailer: 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
At THE Experience ..

One comedian actually opened the Bible and made jokes on Mess.

I was like waooo.

How and when did we get here ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by sampark201: 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
You suppose don follow River go since if i was God....Omo kor Omo .. Edor Keh Edor.
ejamahrandy:
But God is not complaining
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Iseoluwani: 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Fake pastor

You are also among this atheists group I can remember your moniker

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by justicejay(m): 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Tell them.
Apart from mods,
Seun should provide teachers who are to tailor people like this on how to use nairaland.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by akinboyo: 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
I'm sure with a high level of conviction in my heart that, some people here are ignorant of what Mike Bamiloye was saying. Some said he quoted all verses in the bible, some said, God is not complaining(I pray you will not die before you know the truth), some even said the man was saying rubbish. It is my prayer that, God Almighty will open our hearts to do what is right before Him. Ignorance kills!!!

6 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by charleoj(m): 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seconded sir. not biblical

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by WaZoBiaLander: 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Fake pastor

ARE YOU FOR REAL?

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Seun(m): 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by sweery(f): 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
hefelove:

it seems u didn't read what he wrote, he didn't see anything bad also but the bad things there is wer they bring out their comedy
1.I read everything.
2.The comedians i've heard in church do not make fun of God.So what are you talking about?

XaintJoel20:

Making mockery of the Lord, gospel and the word is what you call Liberty.
I pity you....
So comedy=making fun of God?

Pity yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by DavSagacity(m): 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2016
admax:
I beg to diagree sir, we would rather prefer them to laugh in Churches than pay thousands of Naira to laugh in some secular shows.

Most comedy in Churches takes place during anniversary or youth programmes morever, God is not a boring God.

Let's not limit the practice of Christianity to our cultural or personal background - Doctrines are man made.
True bro That God is not a boring God.
Nevertheless the foundation of GOD standeth sure having this seal: The Lord knoweth those that her his and let everyone that nameth the Name of Christ depart from (what) ...from Iniquities.
Gods standard cannot be jeopardized because we want the church to be lively. he is a holy God and everything done in his presence should be holy and pleasing in his sight.

4 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Eddiecute86(m): 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2016
Dreal11247:
God will always bless and keep this great man of God. Motivational speaking, comedy, abusive use of Bible characters should not be tolerated. Every thing that cannot add to the spiritual welfare of a Christian should not be tolerated by those who are heaven oriented.

I quite agree with you but delete motivational/inspirational speaking from your list.

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by UuzbaGuuzba: 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
mostHandsome01:
comedy in the church is not really a bad thing!!! i have seen alot of comedians in churches and have never seen anyone ridicule Christianity! if at all there are som.peopl who do such!! all thats needed is just strict warnings!!!

NOTE!! IT IS BETTER TO DANCE MAKOSA IN THE CHURCH THAN TO DANCE IT IN THE CLUB! IT IS BETTER TO MAKE THE PEOPLE OF GOD LAUGH THAN MAKING WORLDLY PEOPLE LAUGH.

i encourage young people when i see them going to church to use thier talent for worship. comedians should not be discouraged in churches!! it will only push them out of church!!

then the question will be!!! what then have we gained by sending them out ??
Love God wit your whole heart. Love your neighbour as yourself. Use your talent to develop your society. Honour and respect God in church.

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Izen: 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Fake pastor

If you are lying, may God save you.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by ndcide(m): 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
I agree 100%.
I've been uncomfortable with the idea all along.
When there's no revival fire in the alter, when there's no joy of salvation in the heart of men, they replace it with comedy.

Jeremiah 2:13 - For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Chukazu: 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
isn't it God that gave us "the sense of humor? "
the thing is that in life as in other aspects of human behavior,LIBERTY WITHOUT RESTRAINT WILL ALWAYS LEADS TO ANARCHY. so the problem is knowing where to draw the line

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow N500k Seed - Daddy Freeze Reacts (Video) / Coronavirus: How Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Prophesied In 2014 About COVID-19 / Lagos Prophet Sets Member On Fire Because God Asked Him To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.