Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea (37892 Views)

Adeboye Prays For Joshua Mike-Bamiloye & Tolulope Mary Odesola At Their Wedding / The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events / What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Almand: 6:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
admax:
I beg to diagree sir, we would rather prefer them to laugh in Churches than pay thousands of Naira to laugh in some secular shows.

Most comedy in Churches takes place during anniversary or youth programmes morever, God is not a boring God.

Let's not limit the practice of Christianity to our cultural or personal background - Doctrines are man made.
Your Christianity fake pass aba made
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by cc150615(f): 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
You see why I have always loved dis man? When someone has a real calling, you don't need any more signs nd wonders to recognise them. God bless you sir.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by femi4: 6:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
admax:
I beg to diagree sir, we would rather prefer them to laugh in Churches than pay thousands of Naira to laugh in some secular shows.

Most comedy in Churches takes place during anniversary or youth programmes morever, God is not a boring God.

Let's not limit the practice of Christianity to our cultural or personal background - Doctrines are man made.
Comedy can be clean and dirty. It must be scrutinized
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Paulscholari(m): 6:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
BUSINESS DAY 1(CHRISTMAS BONUS).

I will be offering you for only #1000, i will offer you the following materials

1. 30,000 PLR/MRR products which includes ebooks, videos, articles, softwares etc

2. 1 million Nigeria and cross country email list with premium email blast sender.

3. An ebook on how to make $500 daily on facebook (facebook wealth formula 2016 version).

4. 2 websites to download paid GPL premium templates and plugin for free.

5. Complete lists for the top profile companies USA, CEOs, assets and contacts.

6. SEO article generator and lots more.

7. 10,000 Nigeria phone numbers for your bulk sms.

LIMITED TIME OFFER!!
Call me if interested.

+2348132253255
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by stuhporh: 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
admax:

I will rather pay thousands of naira to laugh in a secular show, than laugh in the house of GOD when mockery is intertwined with comedy. Meanwhile the house of GOD is a place to worship and listen to the word of GOD only. The bible talks about how Jesus scattered everyone trading, jesters etc in the temple. He did that because it's not the house for jesting.

How do you know what is boring to GOD and what is not. Does GOD laugh to your jokes, bible also says His ways are not ours, don't blasphem or speak for GOD. Speak for yourself only. Remember what happened to the guy who helped to prevent that ark of covenant from falling? Don't assume for GOD. He doesn't need you to, just take the laws given and play it out outrightly. HE doesn't joke.

Yes Doctrines are man made. But show me where you have read or heard anything else be preached in the house of GOD or gathering where Jesus Christ was preaching and they had jokers and all those dramas.

I would like to add, I don't think apart from praising GOD, preaching about GOD, encouraging ourselves through faith clinics programs, organizing charity ptograms, we have any other business in the church as xtians. Today,, very few churches still do this in totality.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by eboiga(f): 6:45pm On Dec 12, 2016
What would you say about acting sir? Isn't potraying a life that really isn't yours? Isn't that a lie in other words sin? Acting isn't in the bible. Lets leave God to be the judge of it all. He is our employer.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by seunakin231(m): 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Fake pastor

You impregnated my cousin and abandoned her and the baby
Attention Seeker, dey dia dey malign ooooo
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
Beckino:

For example if my dad limps while working, I can't go about joking with my siblings or friends that my dad walks like a frog (or whatever thing). Or if my mum has a big ( dah down side...you know how big ones shake) I can't go about making jokes about that.
Ofcourse No! to all listed Above but, if my parents are fat i will tell them to loose some weight
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by aalangel(f): 6:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
That's totally his opinion and it doesn't make it right or wrong.

Go and ask Chikancy what constructive comedy has done in his life through Pastor Chris. Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by eyinjuege: 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
Most "comedians" aren't even funny.

What most Nigerians seem to consider as comedy is jokes bringing down others/making fun of others whether disabled, fat people, racial/ tribal jokes.

We need more authentic jokes jor, and clean ones at that. That respects everyone.

I know comedy is one of the hardest crafts out there, but to some it comes naturally.

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
Wolexdey:

You're such a liar. Why lie against the body of Christ...Where you in the right frame of mind when you uttered this terrible opinion.?

So disappointing!
i am not surprised at the opinions of archaic and ignorant cretins like you, were is the body of christ? have you ever seen the body of christ? what does body of christ means? i can bet my house you don't even have and answer to these questions.
and because you do not agree with my opinions that makes me not in my Right frame of mind,
Religion have made people like you unable to think Rationally, that's if you even know what Rational thinking means. Ciao! cheesy
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
I respect his opinion but as far as I remember experience is not a service but a yearly musical celebration so was that necessary
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Icansing: 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
Are you for real?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by BermudaTriangle(m): 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
mostHandsome01:
comedy in the church is not really a bad thing!!! i have seen alot of comedians in churches and have never seen anyone ridicule Christianity! if at all there are som.peopl who do such!! all thats needed is just strict warnings!!!

NOTE!! IT IS BETTER TO DANCE MAKOSA IN THE CHURCH THAN TO DANCE IT IN THE CLUB! IT IS BETTER TO MAKE THE PEOPLE OF GOD LAUGH THAN MAKING WORLDLY PEOPLE LAUGH.

i encourage young people when i see them going to church to use thier talent for worship. comedians should not be discouraged in churches!! it will only push them out of church!!

then the question will be!!! what then have we gained by sending them out ??

You must be an agent of satan masquerading as a christian.
To dance makosa in front of God is better than in a club ?
You certainly don't believe in the presence of God in a church otherwise you wouldm't advocate permision of profane things in the church.

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by oluezekiel(m): 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
God will help us.

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by frubben(m): 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
I have said it before, the church has lost its mission. That experience was another AY show.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Opeyemi4real(m): 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
You will never see that in the mosque, it's always in the church! Christians......What's wrong with us?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 7:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Tell them.
supported.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by bezimo(m): 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
My opinion is that if the Comedian is a born again child of God, and submits to his pastor as his spiritual father or even another pastor, nothing is really wrong in giving the stage to entertain the people with jokes. But the question now comes to if the jokes are edifying or not or when the comedian is not born again and tells typical worldly jokes which becomes a question of why bringing such into the house of God.

Highly anoited men of God also tell stories/testimonies that look like jokes thus lightening up the congregation with serious laughter. Papa Oyedepo does that sometimes, Daddy GO does that a few times, Apostle Suleiman does that well.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by rckdude: 7:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
solasoulmusic:
I respect his opinion but as far as I remember experience is not a service but a yearly musical celebration so was that necessary

There lies the problem, experience wasn't meant to be just a musical celebration. It's a service and everything we as Christians do to God must be done in fear and trembling.

They sing to God and worship. A guest preacher comes around and gives a message and that is still not a service to you? So what exactly makes gathering of believers a service to God? Pray tell me.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Wolexdey(m): 7:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
gypsey:
i am not surprised at the opinions of archaic and ignorant cretins like you, were is the body of christ? have you ever seen the body of christ? what does body of christ means? i can bet my house you don't even have and answer to these questions.
and because you do not agree with my opinions that makes me not in my Right frame of mind,
Religion have made people like you unable to think Rationally, that's if you even know what Rational thinking means. Ciao! cheesy

Wow! You should be proud of yourself having typed all these...I can imagine the smile on your face...

You seem intelligent but ignorance has clouded your reasoning...Now do not take that to be an insult cos that's not my aim of responding back to all you typed Mr.

Just in case you do not know, listen: everyman's mountain is the mountain of his ignorance. Also, ignorance is a disaster I see, you need answers to some questions but I will rather refer you to The Holy Bible. (That's if you have any)...Go learn more about the Living Christ... I know the GOD I serve and Worship.

Who do you serve? Do you know the Living GOD? What do you believe in? Pick up your Bible now, study and meditate...Joshua 1:8...John 8:32.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by okonja(m): 7:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
alienvirus:
Isawuru

Lol...even though I'm a Muslim, I love those movies. wink
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by rckdude: 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
bezimo:
My opinion is that if the Comedian is a born again child of God, and submits to his pastor as his spiritual father or even another pastor, nothing is really wrong in giving the stage to entertain the people with jokes. But the question now comes to if the jokes are edifying or not or when the comedian is not born again and tells typical worldly jokes which becomes a question of why bringing such into the house of God.

Highly anoited men of God also tell stories/testimonies that look like jokes thus lightening up the congregation with serious laughter. Papa Oyedepo does that sometimes, Daddy GO does that a few times, Apostle Suleiman does that well.

Pls read the article carefully. He was talking about using the name of Jesus, speaking in tongues, blood of Jesus, Holy Spirit and the scriptures as the theme of their reddicle. I don't think the Men of God u mentioned above do that.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Jazzlite: 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
Goldenheart:

ahh seu,n (oluomo of Nairaland) a slowpoke.... lemme know if you haven't been banned already.
am alive well and still posting

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
Wolexdey:

Wow! You should be proud of yourself having typed all these...I can imagine the smile on your face...

You seem intelligent but ignorance has clouded your reasoning...Now do not take that to be an insult cos that's not my aim of responding back to all you typed Mr.

Just in case you do not know, listen: everyman's mountain is the mountain of his ignorance. Also, ignorance is a disaster I see, you need answers to some questions but I will rather refer you to The Holy Bible. (That's if you have any)...Go learn more about the Living Christ... I know the GOD I serve and Worship.

Who do you serve? Do you know the Living GOD? What do you believe in? Pick up your Bible now, study and meditate...Joshua 1:8...John 8:32.

you didn't disappoint as i expected, you didn't and couldn't Answer any of my questions, you see? you so called Righteous christians never Answer Any questions about your religion, the religion and God you claim to believe in , i mean, how can you convert me or convince me to becoming A christian and Righteous like you? if you could not even Answer simple questions on the God and religion you know so much about? i actually asked that questions genuinely, what does body of christ means? were is it located? and if you have ever seen it?
you have failed in your Religious Endeavours if you couldn't give an unbeliever like me a simple explaination grin, i am sure you tell yourself every morning when you wake up that you are a true christian who will go to heaven ( up in the sky) one day. grin
yet again you are directing me to a quote in a book, the bible, that was written is it 3000 years ago? by people who can not be verified if they even existed.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Chukwudozzie(m): 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
Totally agree, we have so 'watered' down our relationship with God just to suit our profane and inordinate desires. May GOD have mercy upon us all.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by OBAGADAFFI: 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweery:

Must you quote everything just to write two words?

@post I don't see anything bad with comedy in church.

Jesus christ died to give us LIBERTY.I don't know why some christians tend to cage themselves in becausé of dogmas/doctrines backward and limiting mentalities.

To those mentioning me just know i ain't gon reply you. undecided

Did Jesus Christ give you Liberty to mock God or the Holy spirit.

You why people don't take Christians serious anymore.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by alienvirus: 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
okonja:

Lol...even though I'm a Muslim, I love those movies. wink
Lol. Paulina was scary. I used to be afraid of big wardrobe
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by ElsonMorali: 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seun:

But I'm not mocking anything. I've learnt that once you become an atheist you can't tell religious jokes anymore. Every little joke is mockery. The post you responded to is perfectly innocent. I just want to know if that video clip is the video clip that Pastor Bamiloye was unhappy about.

I see.

Well just to let you know that most religious jokes, whether told by atheists or religious people, tend to profane the sacred thereby leading to blasphemy.

I guess that was the point Mr. Mike Bamiloye was trying to make too.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by dayowunmi(m): 8:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
ejamahrandy:
But God is not complaining
Because he is merciful. Making mockery of speaking in tongues is tantamount to mocking the Holy Spirit, and remember what the Bible says about sins committed against the Holy Spirit? Also, the art of comedy involves lying and false witness. E.g a comedian will say, I was somewhere and dis and dis happened meanwhile he wasn't really there but just imagining things and painting it in a funny way. The church shouldn't endorse lying and false witnessing.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Did Jesus Christ give you Liberty to mock God or the Holy spirit.

You why people don't take Christians serious anymore.
Good question! because christianity has been hyjacked by crooked pastors and christians has become so gullible and selfish nawadays that they worship only their pastors not God, and they have become only interested in miracles properity and testimonies and completely ignored what christianity is all about. and churches has been divided into thousands of fractions and given different names were different doctrines is been conducted, and they have completely forgotten and ignored the truth that they are supposed to be worshipping one God, pastors are now like celebrities, actors, amature magicians and musicians who wears expensive designer clothings and drives expensives vehicles (while their members are poor and hungry) with body guards and security men protecting them even though they are preaching that God is the only protector, does it mean that they don't even believe in God to protect them? and so on and so forth.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by giftiy(m): 9:07pm On Dec 12, 2016
This man is one person. I respect. God bless you sir
FlirtyKaren:
As shared on Facebook by Pastor Mike Bamiloye of Mount Zion Faith Ministries International:

As per COMEDY in Church Meetings and Events!!

I want to address Christians - ALL denominations - this morning without prejudice!

For a long while I have questioned the inclusion of COMEDY in Church events. What do I question?

The fact that the comedians brought in are allowed to make jokes of scriptures, the Blood of Jesus, speaking in tongues, the throne of grace etc.' AND WE SIT THERE LAUGHING!

What are we laughing at? What is funny? Mocking God and Christ and the Holy Spirit and the Word is funny?
We hear of other religions where they are obsessed with protecting the image of their Leader and we gleefully allow people to MOCK our Leader JESUS CHRIST and the Holy Spirit and thereby indirectly MOCKING GOD!!! They look at us with disdain because we are BAD AMBASSADORS of our faith!

Lukewarmness and cynicism has crept slowly into the life of Christians. We pull ourselves down publicly, abuse leaders of the gospel will glee, mock certain commandments of God. YET when we run into trouble who do we call upon
Bible has already stated that towards the end times there will be mockers of the gospel and preachers doing wrong. WHY ARE YOU ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE ONE OF THEM

We come into Facebook and spew out curses and abuses - mock the commandments especially when it comes to forgiveness issues and honour of parents etc and we go to church and lift up hands and voices to WHO HE who we MOCK with DISOBEDIENCE?

We quickly mouth monotonous words - God is in control! Amen! It is well! Praise God etc but do we HONOUR HIM with our words and actions We are humans and not perfect but SHOULD WE MOCK THE CORE COMPONENTS OF OUR FAITH

I was thinking of all this since Friday when a comedian was allowed in the stage at the EXPERIENCE to use a scripture in the Old Testament as foundation for his jokes! I LAUGHED also but later felt badly convicted and I said I will speak out - then this morning I received the message below in my whatsapp and I said - somebody feels the same way I do. It is long but worth reading -

FROM ANONYMOUS ......
I was brought up under very rigid church atmosphere, to humor during a sermon was almost Like a sin,,
Then came " knowledge" we felt we had been too religious, somewhat and somehow ,we threw away the baby with the bath water..
We introduced fun into services,
From dance steps to many other things ,
" to the pure all things are pure ", we must have quoted .
What we failed to see is the side effects of entertainment:
- Lightness
- Looseness
- Loquaciousness
- The spirit of lasciviousness prevailed .
Then the latest miasma ..
COMEDY
Sad enough, recently I found myself laugh at one of such instances ,and quickly I Checked myself " are you losing your mind " I asked myself -
Comical jokes and ridiculous jokes poked at scripturally awed activities!!!!!!
- Jokes about casting out demons ( when fewer believers actually cast out Demons )
- Mockery about tongues ( called a communication with the Father )
- Gifts of the spirit used as comedy and to generate hilarity ( whereas fewer believers walk in the gifts )
- Ministry of angels used as comical relief ..
- Judgment seat of Christ made to look like theatre too.
- Most vitally, preachers of the gospels in humor mannequin for laughs and fun.
The list goes on ..What exactly is happening

The Yorubas say " it's a bastard who uses his left hand to describe his fathers house "
We mustn't be so behaved .
We should know the importance of the above activities, things Christ purchased( made available ) with His blood, found only in His spirit
They can't be used for drama and comedy to laugh and jeer or cheer!!!
IT MUST STOP !

1 Timothy 3:15 KJV
[15] But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

A fellow told me: "laughter is medicine for the soul"
I said, "the laughter needed, Is it referring to laughing from a joke,or joy in the Holy Ghost ? There is joy in the Holy Ghost

Jesus demonstrated it, the church in act, Paul and the apostles taught it and they weren't referring to making a mockery of spiritual things .
Nothing wrong in humor but keep away things of the faith and verity

Like paul admonished -
Ephesians 5:4 KJV
[4] Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Let's have the consecration of the old timers and behave ourselves in the house !

If your church members are carnal, no need feeding their carnality, feed them spiritual realities
Those of us here who believe these jesters and comedians are desecrating the altar of God should rise and oppose this when they are brought to your church.

Go meet the leadership in office and express your mind. Once we don't create an atmosphere of seriousness and worship, what right do we have to expect the manifestation of God's glory in our midst?
Jesters and mockers can go to wedding receptions and wherever.

Yet if you mock or despise holy things, you can still come under God's judgment.
They joke about the blood of Jesus, the name of Jesus, choruses etc. When they are in trouble and need the blood or the Name, how can it work for them?
So there it is: what is the stance you will take Join the revelers or stand against MOCKERY in the name of COMEDY in Church activities and events
I have said my own!
Laila St. Matthew-Daniel
#IStandAgainstReligiousComedyInChurch
#HonourAndRespectForChrist

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/12/pastor-blasts-pastors-who-invite.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow N500k Seed - Daddy Freeze Reacts (Video) / Coronavirus: How Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Prophesied In 2014 About COVID-19 / Lagos Prophet Sets Member On Fire Because God Asked Him To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.