Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea (37892 Views)

Adeboye Prays For Joshua Mike-Bamiloye & Tolulope Mary Odesola At Their Wedding / The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events / What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by psammyCUTE(m): 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
In the presence of God, there is FULLNESS OF JOY and at HIS right hand are pleasures evermore

Where there is laughter(an instant effect of comedy), there is joy!

No comedian mounts the rostrum to INTENTIONALLY say profane things about God or the Bible.. He/She is just trying to ply his trade based on 'the demand of the occasion'... God is aware of the intents of his heart at that point in time, and that's why there is GRACE

To cast our minds away from everyday challenges in an environment (church) where we believe we can find solutions to these challenges, the importance of comedy can not be over-emphasised

Comedy is ART..... So is MUSIC

Everything can be done in moderation
A call for total overhaul should not suffice
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
gypsey:
isn't that what the problem is, treating them with too much respect? by believing in them as our seniors? so every thing our parents does is Right regardless? and we are supposed to accept it because they are our seniors, wow! i can't believe you just asserted thus,
this is why Adults and some parents get away with molestations and child abuse because children have been made to believe that their seniors are always right and should respcted.well.. sorry to burst your bubbles, No! i don't agree with my parents with every thing they say or do and we argue some times, they are my parents only, i ve got my own mind
Lol. I never said our parents are always correct. They're humans like us and are bound to make mistakes. But that doesn't give you the right to disregard them by making silly jokes about them. Just like you I don't always agree with my parents (especially religiously) but I didn't let my head grow so big to the extent that I make silly jokes about them.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by funnynation(m): 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2016
What about those pastors that uses church as an avenue to make money? After Lil Kesh will tell us that his father owns a church bcs he see it as business. You will not mind your business now, just bcs comedy is trying to pay us and you want to cut it short. Comedy in church must keep going but not to abuse God. Yes some comedians use men of God to make jokes bcs of the way they behave, how can a man of God wake up and tell a jobless youth that by this time next year I see you Piloting plane.. ''My brother how?''.. They will say I see you going to Canada without visa.. You dey craze?

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by LoveJesus87(m): 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweery:

Must you quote everything just to write two words?

@post I don't see anything bad with comedy in church.

Jesus christ died to give us LIBERTY.I don't know why some christians tend to cage themselves in becausé of dogmas/doctrines backward and limiting mentalities.

To those mentioning me just know i ain't gon reply you. undecided
Stupidity. And making Jokes of the same king of glory that died for you and what he stands for is 'liberty' right? Its good? Making jokes of the scriptures, the living word of God which is Jesus Christ (john1 vs1) is alright abi? Out of the things to joke with in the world, it is the priceless name of Jesus and the word of God that is fit abi? You must be impossible, really.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by LoveJesus87(m): 5:07pm On Dec 12, 2016
Larablink:
Never knew it was a bad thing sad to laughter oover spiritual things. I'm serious reading meaning from what his saying. I have learnt something today.
God bless you jare

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by DEWKID(m): 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
3rdavefarms:
No be isa wuru dey talk so?

:-) i remembered that film its a mountian zion film which my neighbour plays back then i use to be afraid after watching it cry
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by kcsider: 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
Yes.... I agree with Mike. Comedy should not be done in the church especially when the show is to mock Christianity by mimicking the acts of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
Jazzlite:
liar your cousin was a prostitute

So,the pastor slept with a prostitute?

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
Beckino:

Lol. I never said our parents are always correct. They're humans like us and are bound to make mistakes. But that doesn't give you the right to disregard them by making silly jokes about them. Just like you I don't always agree with my parents (especially religiously) but I didn't let my head grow so big to the extent that I make silly jokes about them.
Good! i am glad we agree partly grin, now! what kinda silly jokes do you mean? bearing in mind that i and you Agree that our parents are humans hence they can also act or behave in a silly manner some times.

Answer me please!, if my parents behave in a silly manner can i laugh at them? and is that been disrespectfull or making jokes of them?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by EMMANUEL69: 5:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
I agree totally with Pastor Bamiloye and Mrs Laila St Matthew Daniel. No more comedy in church.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by guiddoti: 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
well said, sir.

Comedians using Muhammad for a joke are long gone. it is only in church, Christ Jesus has been caricatured that His blood, His name, His ways has become no effect to the people. God have mercy on your church. The truth is that people do not understand the mystery behind his Name and his Blood
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
gypsey:
Good! i am glad we agree partly grin, now! what kinda silly jokes do you mean? bearing in mind that i and you Agree that our parents are humans hence they can also act or behave in a silly manner some times.

Answer me please!, if my parents behave in a silly manner can i laugh at them? and is that been disrespectfull or making jokes of them?
For example if my dad limps while working, I can't go about joking with my siblings or friends that my dad walks like a frog (or whatever thing). Or if my mum has a big ( dah down side...you know how big ones shake) I can't go about making jokes about that.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Ayoemrys(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Fake pastor

You impregnated my cousin and abandoned her and the baby
this people don come again o,what's your proof?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by tomzman: 5:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
I agree with Mike Bamiloye to a large extent, however I believe it's a matter of knowing where to draw the line. Comedy isn't a bad thing but when it is used to mock God and the scriptures, that's when it's unhealthy for the church. I know Pastors that do add jokes to their messages and you still get touched because aside the joke, they would also tell you the undiluted truth.

One thing Nigerian Christians should understand is the difference between Christianity and doctrines. Most of us only carry doctrines on our heads, we don't seek for understanding and the practicality of the scriptures in our daily lives (which is the true essence of Christianity). I bet if every Christian should practicalise the scriptures, Nigeria would be one of the best countries in the world. So again, it's not about the comedy, it's about knowing where to draw the line.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seun:
I think Pastor Bamiloye is right to be worried. Comedy makes it easy for people to notice the absurdities in certain things they believe or do.
LOL........... Oga just came out from his cubicle.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by BermudaTriangle(m): 5:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweery:

Jesus christ died to give us LIBERTY.I don't know why some christians tend to cage themselves in becausé of dogmas/doctrines backward and limiting mentalities.

while Jesus was doing the work of liberation for us, did you ever catch Him with jokes ?
Throughout His ministry, the lord was business-like.
Satan continues to use the same subtilty he used to turn our parents, Adam and Eve, to introduce things that turn us against God.
You don't need to reply but whoever fails to know that making heaven is a serious issue is not yet a christian. The Lord warned that the kingdom of God had suffered violence and the powerful have
taken control.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Wolexdey(m): 5:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweery:

How certain are you, that truly You know that JESUS CHRIST you mentioned.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by KennieP(m): 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2016
feodan:
Mike bamiloye may God bless u and ur ministry. u've really imparted life's.
Absolutely.. God bless this great man.

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Lumig: 5:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
The church have lost focus, then they are adopting all sorts of strategies[COMEDY] to keep and attract pple to the church. Pity the churches have turned to social /ceremonial gathering.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Seun(m): 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
ElsonMorali:
Mr. I have never seen you give an opinion on politics, romance, education or even family matters, but if it is to come and mock Christianity, you'll bare your fangs. undecided
But I'm not mocking anything. I've learnt that once you become an atheist you can't tell religious jokes anymore. Every little joke is mockery. The post you responded to is perfectly innocent. I just want to know if that video clip is the video clip that Pastor Bamiloye was unhappy about.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Wolexdey(m): 5:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
jchuchu:
Na evrytn dey bad for church

Na wao
Nigerians? Na dm carry religious pass for head
Bt na stil nigeria badt tn dey mostly happen undecided

Hello friend!
You call it religion, But its actually a way of Life(Living)
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by guiddoti: 5:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
seunny4lif:
Abeg
Una carry the religion pass the Oyinbo can introduced it to una self
una don see where oyibo dey do comedy for church ni

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Adedotuntemi: 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
Yes sir you are correct. Winning soul for God is not important to most of christian again they rather introduce the thing of the world to the church. No wonder God is hungry with us because we believe it is time for us to bring comedy to church and start using all sort of word in other for us to laugh in church and yet the reason why we are in church is not accomplish yet may God have mercy on us and change our way in Jesus name.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by Wolexdey(m): 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
gypsey:
Absolutely! look! the whole idea of church and christianity is to treat people contemptiously, make them feel inadequate, guilty, Afraid and paranoid, it is the easiest way to control them, in my opinion anyway.

You're such a liar. Why lie against the body of Christ...Where you in the right frame of mind when you uttered this terrible opinion.?

So disappointing!
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by guyla: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
FlirtyKaren:
As shared on Facebook by Pastor Mike Bamiloye of Mount Zion Faith Ministries International:

As per COMEDY in Church Meetings and Events!!

I want to address Christians - ALL denominations - this morning without prejudice!

For a long while I have questioned the inclusion of COMEDY in Church events. What do I question?

The fact that the comedians brought in are allowed to make jokes of scriptures, the Blood of Jesus, speaking in tongues, the throne of grace etc.' AND WE SIT THERE LAUGHING!

What are we laughing at? What is funny? Mocking God and Christ and the Holy Spirit and the Word is funny?
We hear of other religions where they are obsessed with protecting the image of their Leader and we gleefully allow people to MOCK our Leader JESUS CHRIST and the Holy Spirit and thereby indirectly MOCKING GOD!!! They look at us with disdain because we are BAD AMBASSADORS of our faith!

Lukewarmness and cynicism has crept slowly into the life of Christians. We pull ourselves down publicly, abuse leaders of the gospel will glee, mock certain commandments of God. YET when we run into trouble who do we call upon
Bible has already stated that towards the end times there will be mockers of the gospel and preachers doing wrong. WHY ARE YOU ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE ONE OF THEM

We come into Facebook and spew out curses and abuses - mock the commandments especially when it comes to forgiveness issues and honour of parents etc and we go to church and lift up hands and voices to WHO HE who we MOCK with DISOBEDIENCE?

We quickly mouth monotonous words - God is in control! Amen! It is well! Praise God etc but do we HONOUR HIM with our words and actions We are humans and not perfect but SHOULD WE MOCK THE CORE COMPONENTS OF OUR FAITH

I was thinking of all this since Friday when a comedian was allowed in the stage at the EXPERIENCE to use a scripture in the Old Testament as foundation for his jokes! I LAUGHED also but later felt badly convicted and I said I will speak out - then this morning I received the message below in my whatsapp and I said - somebody feels the same way I do. It is long but worth reading -

FROM ANONYMOUS ......
I was brought up under very rigid church atmosphere, to humor during a sermon was almost Like a sin,,
Then came " knowledge" we felt we had been too religious, somewhat and somehow ,we threw away the baby with the bath water..
We introduced fun into services,
From dance steps to many other things ,
" to the pure all things are pure ", we must have quoted .
What we failed to see is the side effects of entertainment:
- Lightness
- Looseness
- Loquaciousness
- The spirit of lasciviousness prevailed .
Then the latest miasma ..
COMEDY
Sad enough, recently I found myself laugh at one of such instances ,and quickly I Checked myself " are you losing your mind " I asked myself -
Comical jokes and ridiculous jokes poked at scripturally awed activities!!!!!!
- Jokes about casting out demons ( when fewer believers actually cast out Demons )
- Mockery about tongues ( called a communication with the Father )
- Gifts of the spirit used as comedy and to generate hilarity ( whereas fewer believers walk in the gifts )
- Ministry of angels used as comical relief ..
- Judgment seat of Christ made to look like theatre too.
- Most vitally, preachers of the gospels in humor mannequin for laughs and fun.
The list goes on ..What exactly is happening

The Yorubas say " it's a bastard who uses his left hand to describe his fathers house "
We mustn't be so behaved .
We should know the importance of the above activities, things Christ purchased( made available ) with His blood, found only in His spirit
They can't be used for drama and comedy to laugh and jeer or cheer!!!
IT MUST STOP !

1 Timothy 3:15 KJV
[15] But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

A fellow told me: "laughter is medicine for the soul"
I said, "the laughter needed, Is it referring to laughing from a joke,or joy in the Holy Ghost ? There is joy in the Holy Ghost

Jesus demonstrated it, the church in act, Paul and the apostles taught it and they weren't referring to making a mockery of spiritual things .
Nothing wrong in humor but keep away things of the faith and verity

Like paul admonished -
Ephesians 5:4 KJV
[4] Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Let's have the consecration of the old timers and behave ourselves in the house !

If your church members are carnal, no need feeding their carnality, feed them spiritual realities
Those of us here who believe these jesters and comedians are desecrating the altar of God should rise and oppose this when they are brought to your church.

Go meet the leadership in office and express your mind. Once we don't create an atmosphere of seriousness and worship, what right do we have to expect the manifestation of God's glory in our midst?
Jesters and mockers can go to wedding receptions and wherever.

Yet if you mock or despise holy things, you can still come under God's judgment.
They joke about the blood of Jesus, the name of Jesus, choruses etc. When they are in trouble and need the blood or the Name, how can it work for them?
So there it is: what is the stance you will take Join the revelers or stand against MOCKERY in the name of COMEDY in Church activities and events
I have said my own!
Laila St. Matthew-Daniel
#IStandAgainstReligiousComedyInChurch
#HonourAndRespectForChrist

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/12/pastor-blasts-pastors-who-invite.html

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by sirfee(m): 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
ourema:
It is dead and irreversible. The trend must continue because they no longer know why they are here. So they have to fill the gap with jest and laughter
Hmmm!are you a christian?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by XaintJoel20: 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
sweery:

1.I read everything.
2.The comedians i've heard in church do not make fun of God.So what are you talking about?

So comedy=making fun of God?

Pity yourself.
What's this one saying
Re: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In The Church Is A Bad Idea by abbeyty(m): 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
not even only church jokes, some Nigerians comedians are fun of making jokes about disable people which is ridiculous

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Fatoyinbo Asks Students To Sow N500k Seed - Daddy Freeze Reacts (Video) / Coronavirus: How Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Prophesied In 2014 About COVID-19 / Lagos Prophet Sets Member On Fire Because God Asked Him To

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.