Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,535 members, 7,823,325 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict (2173 Views)

I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity / ☠️ If Logic Is Not Everything ? Then Why Should We Rely On Science / Learn To Reason Critically (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by Speeechless3(f): 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2016
Please define logical reasoning and let's see how you arrived at your conclusion: of God not existing

Hardmirror, my love kiss
Seun and others

Whats Logic to you?
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by An2elect2(f): 9:39pm On Dec 14, 2016
Lol
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by advocate666: 10:30pm On Dec 14, 2016
Atheists are doomed.

god will punish them unless they come under the protection of Satan.

Come to Satan today before it's too late.
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
Check below for the meaning of atheism.

You need to understand it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by HardMirror(m): 11:28pm On Dec 14, 2016
Speeechless3:
Please define logical reasoning and let's see how you arrived at your conclusion: of God not existing

Hardmirror, my love kiss
Seun and others

Whats Logic to you?

Stick to romance section pls

I say this with love

10 Likes

Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by HCpaul(m): 11:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
Speeechless3:
Hardmirror, my love kiss
Seun and others
Whats Logic to you?

Btw..... To think upright is a choice

Indeed, ignorance make you to be speechless.
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by Niflheim(m): 7:32am On Dec 15, 2016
@Speechless3,

1.Logic is the ability of an atheist to "not drink dettol" knowing it is harmful, even when christians are drinking it by the dozen!!!

2.You asked a "mal-formed" question!!! There are soooooooo many gods, so your question should have been, "How did you come to the logical conclusion that the 3,000 plus gods of antiquity, plus the new ones being worshipped are either 'non-existent' or mislabelled items?".....................................................
What do I mean by mislabelled items? The husband of the Queen of England is presently being worshipped as a god!!! So it will be wrong for me to say he does not exist, but it will be right for me to say he has been mislabelled!!!

4 Likes

Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by hopefulLandlord: 7:55am On Dec 15, 2016
OP sounds new to this section
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by Speeechless3(f): 8:15am On Dec 15, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Check below for the meaning of atheism.

You need to understand it.
Whats logical reasoning? Do all humans on earth possess this?
And how come most people arrived at the "creationism"?

I want to understand the logic atheists mean when they accuse us of lacking it
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by Speeechless3(f): 8:20am On Dec 15, 2016
Niflheim:
@Speechless3,

1.Logic is the ability of an atheist to "not drink dettol" knowing it is harmful, even when christians are drinking it by the dozen!!!

2.You asked a "mal-formed" question!!! There are soooooooo many gods, so your question should have been, "How did you come to the logical conclusion that the 3,000 plus gods of antiquity, plus the new ones being worshipped are either 'non-existent' or mislabelled items?".....................................................
What do I mean by mislabelled items? The husband of the Queen of England is presently being worshipped as a god!!! So it will be wrong for me to say he does not exist, but it will be right for me to say he has been mislabelled!!!
shut up grin

Spiritual encounter or personal experience does not counter logic.

So if i encounter a divine being, ignoring and pretending i didnt will be logical to you?
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by hopefulLandlord: 8:23am On Dec 15, 2016
Speeechless3:

I want to understand the logic atheists mean when they accuse of lacking it

everyone has logical reasoning, even religious people
the problem however is that religious people "suspend" that reasoning when talking about their belief/god/religion

take "creationism" for instance

There are many creation stories all over the world in every religion that involves worshipping a god

each creation story has as much proof as Yahweh's version but Christians would quickly use "logical thinking" to wave away every other creation story even though that same "logical thinking" actually refutes theirs

and it gets worse When you realise there are two totally different creation stories in the bible and both contradicts each other

basically, they're blind to their own faults while quick to point out holes in others

just check Christian vs Muslim threads and see how logical thinking is employed by both sets when attacking their opponent's belief while defending their own belief with "emotions" and "feeling" and "faith"

5 Likes

Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by Speeechless3(f): 8:24am On Dec 15, 2016
HardMirror:

Stick to romance section pls

I say this with love
Gerrarahere love grin

I thought you 'd become smarter.
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by Speeechless3(f): 8:31am On Dec 15, 2016
Hopefullandlord this is not a question of who is right or wrong. Perharps you are still short of varying world experiences to figure that or dismiss both.

Should logic follow and reason out all experiences or was it supposed to be limited?
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by hopefulLandlord: 8:35am On Dec 15, 2016
Speeechless3:
Hopefullandlord this is not a question of who is right or wrong. Perharps you are still short of varying world experiences to figure that or dismiss both.

Should logic follow and reason out all experiences or was it supposed to be limited?

this was your question which I replied Ma'am

I want to understand the logic atheists mean when they accuse of lacking it

and I've explained that All human understands logic, just that people "suspend" that logic when talking about their belief/god/religion

I also explained further

1 Like

Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:48am On Dec 15, 2016
Speeechless3:

I want to understand the logic atheists mean when they accuse us of lacking it
I understand your irritation, but truly MOST religionist tend to present illogical statements.
If you're educated in logical reasoning, you'll know this.

However, this does not mean that all illogical claims are untrue statements.

When your premise doesn't imply your suppositions then it's said to be illogical.

There are also fallacies which makes religious arguments irrational.

Since most atheist are exposed to logic, I mean, the logical discipline. They may discard your assertions, by informing you that it's illogical.

You can defend your claims by presenting further reasons it is logical.

An illogical statement may appear meaningless to the person well read in Philosophy and Logic, but to the claimant, it may makes sense.

I'll just advise you to read about Logical Reasoning. So you can understand better, and possibly have an edge in argumentative discussions.

Don't get infuriated next time you are told your position is not logical. It is just a way of saying that you should present it in the inferential way. I'm aware that some atheist are arrogant at their display of superior understanding, don't let it discourage you.

Christians who understands the meaning of these concept don't argue over the dogmas in religious claims. They just tell you it is their believe, and no one can argue against that.

4 Likes

Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by Wilgrea7(m): 8:51am On Dec 15, 2016
logic according to atheist means thinking, deep reflective unbiased thinking... and using that method of thinking to judge things..

this is how an atheist applies logic

*reject the belief in a god because they didn't like a particular religious write up
* Claim they are atheists which lack belief in any deity
* come to nairaland religious section and say hateful things about someone they don't believe exists
* justify their acts by saying its because Christianity was their former religion... yet failing to understand what the word “atheist" means
*gets facts from Richard Dawkins who is clearly an anti-theist
*run away from Christian threads portraying their ignorance logic
* and many more

atheistic logic at its peak

1 Like

Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by hopefulLandlord: 9:00am On Dec 15, 2016
This is pure unadulterated nonsense

Wilgrea7:
logic according to atheist means thinking, deep reflective unbiased thinking... and using that method of thinking to judge things..

okay....

*reject the belief in a god because they didn't like a particular religious write up

we reject belief in any god because there's no proof for any except anecdotes and filling man's ignorance with "god"

okay...

* come to nairaland religious section and say hateful things about someone they don't believe exists

its the same way Christianity spread, by saying bad things about our local gods, poking holes into our forefather's god idea and exposing the foolishness of believing in them

that's what we are doing to your Jewish, Arab etc god ideas

* justify their acts by saying its because Christianity was their former religion... yet failing to understand what the word “atheist" means
so? how does attacking your delusion make one less atheist? you're not making sense here

people rarely quote Richard Dawkins quotes in this section, you're probably hallucinating

* and many more

atheists never claimed not to be ignorant

anyways, can you just point to 3 such threads that "portrayed our ignorance" which we ran away from?

1 Like

Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by jonbellion(m): 9:02am On Dec 15, 2016
Wilgrea7:

*[s]reject the belief in a god because they didn't like a particular religious write up
[/s]* and many more

atheistic logic at its peak
what is this
Why creationists
Why
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by Speeechless3(f): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

this was your question which I replied Ma'am

and I've explained that All human understands logic, just that people "suspend" that logic when talking about their belief/god/religion

I also explained further
Can you cite cases of how they suspend logic and every theists does this?
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by hopefulLandlord: 9:22am On Dec 15, 2016
Speeechless3:
Can you cite cases of how they suspend logic and every theists does this?

I already gave an instance up there

feel free to peruse threads on this section and see for yourself
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by Speeechless3(f): 9:25am On Dec 15, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
I understand your irritation, but truly MOST religionist tend to present illogical statements.
If you're educated in logical reasoning, you'll know this.

However, this does not mean that all illogical claims are untrue statements.

When your premise doesn't imply your suppositions then it's said to be illogical.

There are also fallacies which makes religious arguments irrational.

Since most atheist are exposed to logic, I mean, the logical discipline. They may discard your assertions, by informing you that it's illogical.

You can defend your claims by presenting further reasons it is logical.

An illogical statement may appear meaningless to the person well read in Philosophy and Logic, but to the claimant, it may makes sense.

I'll just advise you to read about Logical Reasoning. So you can understand better, and possibly have an edge in argumentative discussions.

Don't get infuriated next time you are told your position is not logical. It is just a way of saying that you should present it in the inferential way. I'm aware that some atheist are arrogant at their display of superior understanding, don't let it discourage you.

Christians who understands the meaning of these concept don't argue over the dogmas in religious claims. They just tell you it is their believe, and no one can argue against that.

Will believing a God who has revealed himself to me count as illogical to atheists?

Can't atheists reason out that perharps there is an "invisible knowing" of things since their senses are quite limited? Would it be illogical to reason this way?
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by jonbellion(m): 9:34am On Dec 15, 2016
Speeechless3:

Will believing a God who has revealed himself to me count as illogical to atheists?

Can't atheists reason out that perharps there is an "invisible knowing" of things since their senses are quite limited? Would it be illogical to reason this way?

really
Wow
Please what does God look like
Is it a he or a she
A hermaphrodite
A transvestite

Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:44am On Dec 15, 2016
Speeechless3:

Since you ignored my advice and chose to throw jabs at all atheist, be prepared to receive responses in the same manner.

You are missing the point.

You just made a claim which appears to be subjective. No problem, I get that. The only lacunae is not of logic but of judgement.

How did God appear to you?
Where, when, and why?
What state of mind were you at the point?
Did he tell you he is God?
What does he look like?
"Invincible knowing"? Please explain.

All these are likely questions that are appropriate. I am not ridiculing here.
I'm truly interested in your "invincible knowing". Perhaps it would make sense to me. That's all.
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by Wilgrea7(m): 11:09am On Dec 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
This is pure unadulterated nonsense

okay....

we reject belief in any god because there's no proof for any except anecdotes and filling man's ignorance with "god"

atheists have no evidence otherwise bro... they have no evidence for the inexistence of God

its the same way Christianity spread, by saying bad things about our local gods, poking holes into our forefather's god idea and exposing the foolishness of believing in them

Christianity spread mainly by preaching Christ... also, if you claim Christians painted the other gods as evil(I'd like to see evidence on such tho), and you're doing the same to the religious gods, and yet you claim Christians are hypocrites, then what different are you from the people you're attacking??

so? how does attacking your delusion make one less atheist? you're not making sense here

you claim... in your opinion that we are deluded... cuz u think we are doesn't mean we are

people rarely quote Richard Dawkins quotes in this section, you're probably hallucinating

okay

atheists never claimed not to be ignorant

anyways, can you just point to 3 such threads that "portrayed our ignorance" which we ran away from?

u misunderstood me... i said atheists claim to be logical... i said u run away from Christian threads that expose how ignorant atheists can be... not that i meant that you guys claim to be ignorant
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by Speeechless3(f): 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2016
jonbellion:
really
Wow
Please what does God look like
Is it a he or a she
A hermaphrodite
A transvestite
I am not here to show you anything. I want you to realise that you are not being reasonable when you accuse theists of being illogical.

Now answer these questions with all seriousness. If you cant ignore for the others.

Perharps God has revealed his character to some in a way they would never have imagined and others he allows to wallow in their ignorance. Is there a place for a thought/happening like this in logic?

Or maybe because you had a bad experience and hate the feeling of guilt, you 'd strongly reject any idea of entertaining a God. And because this hatred had become so unbearable it'd brought you to a state of denial of that thing you cannot tolerate? Is there a possibility of a thing like this in logic

Does a lack of substantial evidence indicate lack of logic?

Lets say a man claims to be saved and renewed by God.

Which reaction will be more logical?

a, He professes to believe in God and acknowledges his existence. And becomes a changed man
b, He starts doubting his sensibility even though he is very sane as evidenced in his everyday interaction and decisions. (Does logic fail the average man when it comes to religion?)

Cc scepticalpyrrho

hopefullandlord
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by Speeechless3(f): 1:38pm On Dec 15, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Since you ignored my advice and chose to throw jabs at all atheist, be prepared to receive responses in the same manner.

You are missing the point.

You just made a claim which appears to be subjective. No problem, I get that. The only lacunae is not of logic but of judgement.

How did God appear to you?
Where, when, and why?
What state of mind were you at the point?
Did he tell you he is God?
What does he look like?
"Invincible knowing"? Please explain.

All these are likely questions that are appropriate. I am not ridiculing here.
I'm truly interested in your "invincible knowing". Perhaps it would make sense to me. That's all.

You are missing the point huh.

I mentioned you in a post. Pls answer the questions

Here i am wondering why you think that logic would fail the average man only when it comes to religion.

You must think logical reasoning is not independent of our control, that's why you fault theism

So in addition to my questions above.

Can a man influence or manipulate his "how to reason" faculty. Or is that beyond him?
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by jonbellion(m): 1:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
Speeechless3:
I am not here to show you anything. I want you to realise that you are not being reasonable when you accuse theists of being illogical.

Now answer these questions with all seriousness. If you cant ignore for the others.

Perharps God has revealed his character to some in a way they would never have imagined and others he allows to wallow in their ignorance. Is there a place for a thought/happening like this in logic?

Or maybe because you had a bad experience and hate the feeling of guilt, you 'd strongly reject any idea of entertaining a God. And because this hatred had become so unbearable it'd brought you to a state of denial of that thing you cannot tolerate? Is there a possibility of a thing like this in logic

Does a lack of substantial evidence indicate lack of logic?

Lets say a man claims to be saved and renewed by God.

Which reaction will be more logical?

a, He professes to believe in God and acknowledges his existence. And becomes a changed man
b, He starts doubting his sensibility even though he is very sane as evidenced in his everyday interaction and decisions. (Does logic fail the average man when it comes to religion?)

Cc scepticalpyrrho

hopefullandlord
but its logical to believe in God
The problem isn't God
The problem is religious versions of God
Well I don't cal thiests illogical
Why would your version of God the Abrahamic God choose to be selective in his revelations
Is this not madness
Even in his revealing
There are so many christian denominations and so many discrepancies in biblical.understanding
This isn't revelation
This is confusion
It is not illogical to believe in God
I find the existence of a deity highly probable
But you guys!
Your version of God
So petty
His characteristics are an insult to the concept of a supreme being
Had to have a human sacrifice to secure the salvation of mankind which is not even secure unless you believe he died for your "sins"
So petty and insecure to demand eternal worship and those that do not comply would be eternally damned forever
Bullcrap
What kind of God concept is this
People died in his supposed abode
People that thought he revealed himself to them
Unfortunately he could not reveal the demise of thy building
So much for Ominiprescense undecided
Its not illogical to believe in God
The Abrahamic God isn't God
The Abrahamic God is a lie
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by Speeechless3(f): 2:13pm On Dec 15, 2016
jonbellion Strawman get out of my thread angry
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by jonbellion(m): 2:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
Speeechless3:
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by jonbellion(m): 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2016
Speeechless3:
how did I straw man
You said athiests say god is illogical
And I said its not
Religious versions of God are
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by Speeechless3(f): 2:39pm On Dec 15, 2016
jonbellion:
how did I straw man
You said athiests say god is illogical
And I said its not
Religious versions of God are
Ok then the thread is not for you sad
Re: If logic is "the how to reason" inbuilt in men how come atheists contradict by jonbellion(m): 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
Speeechless3:
Ok then the thread is not for you sad
well I am an agnostic athiest so in a way grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Is No Such Thing As Death / Rev. Fr. David Baka Passes On. / [###decoration] Janmashtami Krishna Temple Decoration Ideas, Krishna Mandir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.