Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,963 members, 7,848,906 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

Religion: An Illusion That Works Well - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion: An Illusion That Works Well (24121 Views)

Free Will Is An Illusion / Back To The Illusion: How Can We Know Our Reality Is An Illusion? / Donald Trump Vs Islam Is An ILLUSION Like Superman Vs Muhammad Ali. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2016
damogul:

damogul: 7:14pm On Nov 22

I deliberately put "dread" there as i knew that would get your attention and it did

Listen...We create our world and unmake them. You cannot have a sane environment without first wanting to be sane yourself. Its like taking a wild animal into an organized house and setting it free...You can imagine the chaos..However when you make a conscious effort to first train and condition the animal to the environment then it would help keep it sane.

You need to first organise yourself internally which was why i said what i said in my first comment. I am offering friendship. At least let me see if i can help bring some sanity into your environment. A listening ear, an idea sharer etc

Being angry at yourself is normal and you are not the first who has been but making a choice to do something about it is the crux of the matter.

Can we be friends?

I wasn't lamenting about my life and family, I was just mad at myself for believing lies.
I knew Jesus is what you would bring to the table and that is not help to me.

1 Like

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2016
damogul:

damogul: 7:44pm On Nov 22
Listen kid it would be too easy to ask you to unburden your heart or to ask you to share what your views are that people do not share with you ....but that would not be the solution. Just listening to you without fixing the deeper problem would not make the surface problem go away. So i will not ask you to tell me what the real issues are here but would rather opt to make it a bit more personal....yeah thats how nice i can be.

Can we take this out of this place? I have an identity i never hide as i see no reason for that so do not pretend. I would understand if you refused to take this talk out of this place but hey what have you got to loose?

This thread has got 68 views already and of these 68 people who have viewed i seem to be the only one genuinely offering transparent friendship and help.

Wanna give it a shot?
I wasn't lamenting about my life and family, I was just mad at myself for believing lies.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by damogul: 2:56pm On Dec 16, 2016
CeoMYN:

CeoMYN:

The real thing is that my environment, my town is insane.
Not only socially.
I don't really know how to put them, I just got contrasting views with people. They are still in the old ways.
My head isn't clear right now.
The main thing I stand for is doing the right thing but the orientation is bad in this part of the country.
Let me just give you examples of those contrasting views.
1. Cultists were killing people freely in my town. Everyone was like the government should grant them amnesty, but I wanted the army to crush them so that those boys will stop carrying their shoulders high.
2. I believe in the military way of doing the right thing. Making sure it's done even by force but here they don't care if you are behaving bad until it affects them.
3. My town is filled with people who have been bought by the lies of the our stupid reps, but I wish they could gain sense.

All these I'm afraid to tell because I fear for my life. It's point and kill over here.

4. I'm wish we can work together and make our town a better place but everyone is selfish.

Atheism just made it worse, you know why?
It's because of my parents they are strict and very religious of lately, my elder bro and sis too. They are going to change their views about me.

damogul: 8:01pm On Nov 22
Ok so you are most likely in Rivers State. Like i said, what tangible help could be given to you via a faceless online forum? If indeed you are in Rivers State then its easy to help lift this burden off you. Buts its up to you though. I definitely wouldnt want to force myself or my helping hand on you.

Do you know why i said if you were in Rivers state then its easy to help you? Its because my inlaws are there and same way i have linked some Nairalanders who are from PH to them is same way i wanted to link you to them. You thought i was all about Jesus
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
damogul:

damogul: 8:01pm On Nov 22
Ok so you are most likely in Rivers State. Like i said, what tangible help could be given to you via a faceless online forum? If indeed you are in Rivers State then its easy to help lift this burden off you. Buts its up to you though. I definitely wouldnt want to force myself or my helping hand on you.

Do you know why i said if you were in Rivers state then its easy to help you? Its because my inlaws are there and same way i have linked some Nairalanders who are from PH to them is same way i wanted to link you to them. You thought i was all about Jesus

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by damogul: 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2016
CeoMYN:

Did you read the part in red?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2016
damogul:

Did you read the part in red?

Yes I did.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
rejosom:

It is the same thing. It says we are useless in the world but useful in the afterlife.

Solo said "Everything is vanity"

That is not what that verse means .

It means that life without God has no purpose or meaning .

Because if you look at subsequent verses the preacher attempted finding meaning to life through discovery , wisdom , alcohol , different philosophies , architecture , luxurious life , personal pleasure , unbridled lusts , riches and glory etc .

Then he now came to Ecclesiastes 12:13 and said “Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.”

It just epitomizes the true meaning of life as a human . Without God life is meaningless - your toil , suffering , riches , discoveries , they do not make any sense if you perish after God's judgement .

And this is from the wisest man known in History - Solomon had written over 3000 Proverbs .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by damogul: 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
CeoMYN:

Yes I did.

And you still feel i was offering Jesus without trying to find out first? Theism is not all about Jesus you know.We live, we assist, we connect people to productivity, we counsel outside Christ as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2016
LightandDarkness:

So how can you love some and kill them at the same time :/

Where did Jesus contradict the scripture I stated?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by rejosom(m): 3:13pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

That is not what that verse means .

It means that life without God has no purpose or meaning .

Because if you look at subsequent verses the preacher attempted finding meaning to life through discovery , wisdom , alcohol , different philosophies , architecture , luxurious life , personal pleasure , unbridled lusts , riches and glory etc .

Then he now came to Ecclesiastes 12:13 and said “Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.”

It just epitomizes the true meaning of life as a human . Without God life is meaningless - your toil , suffering , riches , discoveries , they do not make any sense if you perish after God's judgement .

And this is from the wisest man known in History - Solomon had written over 3000 Proverbs .

Thanks so much Mr. Ebuka.

So, it means that one who lives without God has a purposeless life but one who lives with God a purposeful life. And this purpose according to you is simply to "Fear God and Keep His commandments" What a purpose! A man with God who has a purpose therefore should neither work nor labour for all he needs will be provided to him by God through the sweat of those who live without God Ecc2:17-25-26 ...Then everything is meaningless. So what are we saying?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2016
damogul:

And you still feel i was offering Jesus without trying to find out first? Theism is not all about Jesus you know.We live, we assist, we connect people to productivity, we counsel outside Christ as well.

In the end it will be, give Jesus a try.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
rejosom:

Methinks christians believe life is meaningless too.

Back then in church we used to sing .... this might be the last time that we shall meet again, we live today and tomorrow we die, what is is the meaning of life?

And then we have Ecc 1: 2/14 "Vanity upon vanity..."

"Be careful for nothing... "says Jesus. IOW you can be careless for everything, what does it matter?

Please which church did u pple used to sing "you will die tomorrow"?

Whats the name of the church?

And its making life all about gathering Riches thats vanity, not life itself.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
jonbellion:
lol
The argument will just be an inverse from the athiests point of view
Atheism vs theism
When will it end

Theists can do without atheists . Atheists need theists for relevance . If everyone stops paying attention to atheists , they'd just die out grin . But theists can still commune among themselves without care of what atheists think .

Haven't you noticed that all what atheists here do is criticize criticize criticize , attacking God and people who believe in God ? Is there any relevance they have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by Pastafarian: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You are wasting your time my friend because he will still repeat it on another thread. It's like pouring water into a basket.

such sayings by him hardly hold water against atheism

I'm yet to see someone leave atheism because some atheist killed or deter someone dumping god delusion because of some killing

but it makes sense to destroy such deluded arguments once in a while when one has the time and patience to
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by damogul: 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
Deicide:

LWKMD

Why are you laughing? Do you think i lie so seamlessly like your Godfather Hardmirror?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by Pastafarian: 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
CeoMYN:

this guy knows his onions

2 Likes

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
Ehen.

Some people have switched to their next monikers onside the same thread again.

Population Delusion.
grin
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by damogul: 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
CeoMYN:

Your assumption. My inlaws are actually politically influential in PH as a royal family from Bonny so if you had some issues with your environment they are good listening ears and you never know... anything could happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by rejosom(m): 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
felixomor:

Please which church did u pple used to sing "you will die tomorrow"?

Whats the name of the church?

And its making life all about gathering Riches thats vanity, not life itself.

What is the problem here.... the song or the church?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Theists can do without atheists . Atheists need theists for relevance . If everyone stops paying attention to atheists , they'd just die out grin . But theists can still commune among themselves without care of what atheists think .

Haven't you noticed that all what atheists here do is criticize criticize criticize , attacking God and people who believe in God ? Is there any relevance they have

They have no relevance.

1 Like

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2016
rejosom:

Thanks so much Mr. Ebuka.

So, it means that one who lives without God has a purposeless life but one who lives with God a purposeful life. And this purpose according to you is simply to "Fear God and Keep His commandments" What a purpose! A man with God who has a purpose therefore should neither work nor labour for all he needs will be provided to him by God through the sweat of those who live without God William James Sidis...Then everything is meaningless. So what are we saying?

It simply means in all that you do , fear God and keep his commandments . wink
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2016
rejosom:

What is the problem here.... the song or the church?

Both
Everything.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by rejosom(m): 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2016
felixomor:

Both
Everything.

Ok. How can I solve your problem by singing the song or telling you the name of the church?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2016
felixomor:

They have no relevance.

Exactly bro !

No relevance at all .
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2016
felixomor:
Ehen.

Some people have switched to their next monikers onside the same thread again.

Population Delusion.
grin

I noticed that too . Trust me there are only 5 people here grin .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2016
rejosom:

Ok. How can I solve your problem by singing the song or telling you the name of the church?

U will only add to the problem.

because ur "church" is looking like a Fairytale. If u cant tell me its name.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I noticed that too . Trust me there are only 5 people here grin .

Looolz

2 Likes

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by rejosom(m): 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

It simply means in all that you do , fear God and keep his commandments . wink

Sir

Read this passage and give it this your conclusion above.

17 So I hated life, because the work that is done under the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. 18 I hated all the things I had toiled for under the sun, because I must leave them to the one who comes after me. 19 And who knows whether that person will be wise or foolish? Yet they will have control over all the fruit of my toil into which I have poured my effort and skill under the sun. This too is meaningless. 20 So my heart began to despair over all my toilsome labor under the sun. 21 For a person may labor with wisdom, knowledge and skill, and then they must leave all they own to another who has not toiled for it. This too is meaningless and a great misfortune. 22 What do people get for all the toil and anxious striving with which they labor under the sun? 23 All their days their work is grief and pain; even at night their minds do not rest. This too is meaningless. 24 A person can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in their own toil. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, 25 for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment? 26 To the person who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

This too is meanigless... what does this too here refer to?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2016
damogul:

Your assumption. My inlaws are actually politically influential in PH as a royal family from Bonny so if you had some issues with your environment they are good listening ears and you never know... anything could happen

I have replied you already. It ends now.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by rejosom(m): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2016
felixomor:

U will only add to the problem.

because ur "church" is looking like a Fairytale. If u cant tell me its name.

Meaning, your problem can't be solved.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2016
rejosom:

Sir

Read this passage and give it this your conclusion above.

This too is meanigless... what does this too here refer to?

I explained the conclusion of the whole matter according to the Preacher . I'm not sure why you want me to explain every single verse .

The simple explanation is : There is no meaning in life without God .
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
rejosom:

Meaning, your problem can't be solved.

Then you lied.
U no dey sing for church.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears / Bishop Oyedepo To Establish 5,000 Churches Across The World In 2019 / Ex-PMAN President Tee Mac Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.