Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,466 members, 7,954,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:14 AM

Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* (9130 Views)

Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / Hackers Threaten To Shut-down Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 16, 2009
if they want to introduce a Chinese style internet censorship then all they need is a few suicide bombers maniacal extremists or some other such nutjobs on American soil, with proof that the psychos used the internet to finetune their skills just like the 911 hijackers.

then they pass laws in double quick time to limit the internet or give the govt even more big brother powers.

thats why some buffoons are shouting jihad all over NL- to make people think he's they dont have any other motive besides purging the world of kaffirs.

not that i care much anyway. If they want to shut it down that's fine by me. grin angry grin
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by dayokanu(m): 8:12am On Nov 16, 2009
^^^ I believe your issue with No2 can only be resolved in a private room with you and him with the lighs dim
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by SeanT21(f): 8:12am On Nov 16, 2009
mreds:

I think dis guy Obama is living up 2 d biblical definition of an "Anti-Christ".  generally accepted by everybody, but,

STOP BEING DELUSIONAL!!
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 16, 2009
dayokanu:

^^^ I believe your issue with No2 can only be resolved in a private room with you and him with the lighs dim
can you stop being Hot? angry
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by dayokanu(m): 8:19am On Nov 16, 2009
Can you stop being, fl_rt- ti_us tongue tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 16, 2009
LOL I think I got rid of that life a long while ago. tongue
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by dayokanu(m): 8:21am On Nov 16, 2009
Whats long time ago? 45 seconds ago?
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 16, 2009
rotfl dayo, you need help grin
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by dayokanu(m): 8:24am On Nov 16, 2009
U wan help me? I wont mind any help right now

Or you want us to dey ROTF together?
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 16, 2009
Ehrrrm ok. Wait o

~ran inside to get orogun~

dayokanu:

Or you want us to dey ROTF together?
dayo, oya, stop it now! angry
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by dayokanu(m): 8:27am On Nov 16, 2009
No2A is waiting for you. mommasita
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 16, 2009
rotflmao. . . .@momasita
lo sun lol
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by dayokanu(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2009
I dey go sleep, No2A waits for you
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 16, 2009
emi na fe lo sun.
N2A no dey wait for me, kindly stop it. Thanks
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by dayokanu(m): 8:32am On Nov 16, 2009
ok, odaro
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 16, 2009
odarro, egbon
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by activateme(f): 8:36am On Nov 16, 2009
Black man with black brain
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by amor4ce(m): 8:43am On Nov 16, 2009
activateme:

Black man with black brain
black nairalander with black brain
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 16, 2009
@ Bleed White n Egbon

Abeg nah!! wetin>? y una jst dey hi-jack thread all about

@OP
Shut down Internet?

Obama should have a re-think
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by xtremeidea(m): 9:27am On Nov 16, 2009
LIES LIES LIES LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE GET UR INFO FROM GOOD SOURCES,

PRESIDENT OBAMA IS WORKING HARD TO ENSURE THAT "THE GREAT WALL" OF CHINA (INTERNET BLOCKAGE) IS OPENED FOR FREE FLOW OF INFORMATION,

In China, Obama pushes freedoms, open Internet
By JENNIFER LOVEN (AP) – 32 minutes ago
SHANGHAI — Politely but firmly pressing for greater freedoms on China's own turf, President Barack Obama spoke against censorship Monday, saying tough criticisms of political leaders should be allowed and the free flow of information on the Internet "should be encouraged."
Opening his first-ever visit to China, a critically important U.S. partner on economic and security matters, Obama said crucial problems cannot be solved unless the world's only superpower and its rising competitor work together. "More is gained when great powers cooperate than when they collide," he said.
But on a visit that had him wading into sensitive territory with his tightly controlled host country, Obama also openly prodded Beijing to accept what he called "universal rights."
"We do not seek to impose any system of government on any other nation," Obama said at a town hall with Chinese university students, believed to be the most extensive such forum held by a U.S. president on Chinese soil. But, he said, such things as freedom of expression and worship, unfettered access to information and unrestricted political participation "should be available to all people, including ethnic and religious minorities, whether they are in the United States, China or any nation."
He took eight questions, half from audience members and half from among the hundreds submitted over the Internet, in a session that the White House negotiated with the Chinese government up to the last minute. Obama spoke at the most length, and in the most animated terms near the end, when answering a question about China's firewall that blocks access to many Internet sites.
"I'm a big supporter of non-censorship," Obama said. "I recognize that different countries have different traditions. I can tell you that in the United States, the fact that we have free Internet — or unrestricted Internet access is a source of strength, and I think should be encouraged."
Given where Obama was speaking, such a comment was pointed. And he appeared to be talking directly to China's leaders when he said that he believes free discussion, including criticism that may be annoying to him, makes him "a better leader because it forces me to hear opinions that I don't want to hear."
China has more than 250 million Internet users and employs some of the world's tightest controls over what they see. The country is often criticized for having the so-called "Great Firewall of China," which refers to technology designed to prevent unwanted traffic from entering or leaving a network.
Obama's town hall was not broadcast live across China on television. It was shown on local Shanghai TV and streamed online on two big national Internet portals, but the quality was choppy and hard to hear.
U.S. ambassador Jon Huntsman called Obama's event the first ever town-hall meeting held by a U.S. president in China. Yet former presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush also spoke to students and took questions from them during stops in China.
With a smile, Obama said he has never used the popular social networking site Twitter. But he broadly defended unrestricted Internet access as "a source of strength." And he said the free flow of information, including criticisms of his presidency, has helped by forcing him to consider other opinions.
The town hall was considered a signature event of Obama's weeklong trip to Asia. He was to end his day in Beijing in meeting with Chinese President Hu Jintao.
China is a huge and lucrative market for American goods and services, and yet it has a giant trade surplus with the U.S. that, like a raft of other economic issues, is a bone of contention between the two governments. The two militaries have increased their contacts, but clashes still happen and the U.S. remains worried about a dramatic buildup in what is already the largest standing army in the world.
Amid all that, Obama has adopted a pragmatic approach that stresses the positive, sometimes earning him criticism for being too soft on Beijing, particularly in the area of human rights abuses and what the U.S. regards as an undervalued Chinese currency that disadvantages U.S. products.
At the town hall, one student asked him about the honor and burden of winning the Nobel Peace Prize. He said he is a symbol of the shift in world affairs that his administration is trying to promote, but reiterated that he didn't think he had deserved the award.
Obama said there are few global challenges that can be solved unless the U.S. and China cooperate.
As nations prepare for next month's climate change conference in Copenhagen, Obama said leaders will be watching what the U.S. and China do. He says "that is the burden of leadership that both of our countries now carry."
The two nations are working together more than ever on battling global warming, but they still differ deeply over hard targets for reductions in the greenhouse-gas emissions that cause it. China has supported sterner sanctions to halt North Korea's nuclear weapons program, but it still balks at getting more aggressive about reining in Iran's uranium enrichment.
Obama recognizes that a rising China, as the world's third-largest economy on the way to becoming the second and the largest foreign holder of U.S. debt, has shifted the dynamic more toward one of equals. For instance, Chinese questions about how Washington spending policies will affect the already soaring U.S. deficit and the safety of Chinese investments now must be answered by Washington.
One closely watched test of the line Obama is walking on China will be how he addresses human rights, including religious freedom in the officially atheist nation. Aides said in advance that Obama would raise several human rights issues privately with Chinese leaders, including President Hu.
The White House hoped Monday's town hall meeting with Chinese university students would allow Obama to telegraph U.S. values — through its successes and failures — to the widest Chinese audience possible.
But those hopes had their limits in communist-ruled China.
Obama's China visit features the only sightseeing of his high-intensity Asian journey. He will visit the Forbidden City, home of former emperors in Beijing, and the centuries-old Great Wall outside of the city. Visiting a country's noted landmarks is considered a sign of respect in the world of diplomacy. But Obama aides also have learned that finding some tourist time serves to both calm and energize their boss amid the always grueling schedule of a foreign trip.

SOURCE
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5isOFwdbq0tsqatW6vJpkDRTI1gMgD9C0G7500
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Ben13: 9:51am On Nov 16, 2009
Is OBAMA the Antichrist? shocked
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by texazzpete(m): 9:54am On Nov 16, 2009
Ben-10:

Is OBAMA the Antichrist? shocked

the question is, Are you a retard? Only retards believe that shit.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by 700john: 10:06am On Nov 16, 2009
I strongly believe it's time for joke.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 16, 2009
heh heh republicans

pele o. y'all couldn't swift boat obama , so now you have to resort to patently absurd and ridiculous scare tactics

offtopic question: how does one shut down the Internet, anyway?
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2009
Think of it this way, Americans invented the internet. It was initially used by their military as a network of communication between computers in their various army base. So i wouldn't be surprised if the president wants some control over it.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by v3: 1:12pm On Nov 16, 2009
Are u tryna tell me Obama would wanna sit in front of a PC and ;

Sift through packets of data flying across routers to different parts of the globe. . .
Go through EVERY single mail and approve it b4 it gets to the receiver!. . .
Check every online transaction and approve it b4 orders get shipped!!

If he's ready to do all these. . .Then he's gotta be high on some METH & Caffeine!! angry

Next story pls! angry

I don't give a flyin Bleep who invented the internet. . but to wanna "own" it? O ba ma try e, wa waa alright!
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by amor4ce(m): 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2009
v3nom4eva:

O ba ma try e, wa waa alright!
grin grin grin
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by slimes(m): 1:40pm On Nov 16, 2009
Every thing in his manifesto was about change. With this stance, I am not surprised at all. But it may be a misunderstood statement that got this far.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by MUNEER2(m): 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2009
I know he is joking, he can't just afford to do that, angry
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by manny4life(m): 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2009
The day people like @OP stop carrying false news, perhaps, maybe perhaps he would begin to experience reality. Congress does not reserve the right to shut down the internet, because the internet does not pose any threat to National security. However I believe the news OP was trying to pass along is that congress wants to pass a bill to give more oversight power to the White House to moniter internet access (Cyber security) particularly dealing with National Security, obviously this was really important after hackers attacked the several elctronic sytems including the grid system, and several U.S. Govt websites including Dept of State and if am correct Dept of Defense. Besides if I am correct, this was a bi-partisan agreement between both parties.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by mrperfect(m): 2:33pm On Nov 16, 2009
Well, anything funny will make them to loose internet market to other countries, because they will only control cyber in us only.
I don't pray for such.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by amor4ce(m): 2:36pm On Nov 16, 2009
manny4life:

The day people like @OP stop carrying false news, perhaps, maybe perhaps he would begin to experience reality. Congress does not reserve the right to shut down the internet, because the internet does not pose any threat to National security. However I believe the news OP was trying to pass along is that congress wants to pass a bill to give more oversight power to the White House to moniter internet access, obviously this was really important after hackers attacked the several elctronic sytems including the grid system, and several U.S. Govt websites including Dept of State and if am correct Dept of Defense. Besides if I am correct, this was a bi-partisan agreement between both parties.
abeg, thank you. it is like there are many suckers here on nairaland who do not bother to validate any story they come across and end up making false accusations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Watch All Dstv Channels For Free In Hd (09/11/2013)..no Monthly Payments. / Laptop Problems: Compaq Presario 1200 and IBM T21 / Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.