Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* (9031 Views)

Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / Hackers Threaten To Shut-down Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by manny4life(m): 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2009
If there's anything that I know, the U.S. would do anything to defend itself from from any potential threat including cyber threat. Just for the record and for those who don't know it, the U.S. is the no 1 potentail victim of several attacks and if they have "TO CONTROL IT" that is if there need be which there is, they should. Do you know that the Dept of Energy, Dept of Defense and the Dept of State are the highest Dept with tons of classified "TOP SECRET" documents, can u imagine when a hacker gets hold of that document to use it against U.S.?

For instance they attacked Dept of Energy system and gain high level security clearance to the national grid system, just like experts said, any potential attacker could have shut down an entire nations nuclear facilities in a second.

They attacked the Dept of Defense system, had access to top secret access to war missles launch codes and so on from the dept of Airforce who is in charge of that Dept.

They attacked Dept of State, had potential access to top secret facilities and classified files used for counter terrorism and so on.

So please before anyone speaks, know that they have a valid reason for whatever they doing.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 16, 2009
Well said ma broda.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by texazzpete(m): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2009
Funny how these people come up with these scaremongering topics just when the US government is letting go of much of its control over the internet

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/sep/30/icann-agreement-us

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20427295.400-the-us-lets-go-of-the-internet--will-anyone-notice.html

I hope you clown read these article i've posted this time.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Esejojo: 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2009
I have often thought NL was a place to engage in reasonable discourse but when I see intelligence-challenged commentaries, It really leaves one wondering.

Obama shut down the Internet? Does the Internet belong to the American government?
Granted, they participation in this global infrastructure is the largest,but the Internet is a decentralized global network that is not controlled by any individual, institution or government. Even the different Internet Registries or the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) doenot boast of that much power over the entire Internet.

Before posting comments or opinions on NL, a little research wouldnt hurt.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by luv2talk(m): 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2009
i dont know why people just post a midleading message here, Haba!!!!
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by manny4life(m): 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2009
luv2talk:

i dont know why people just post a midleading message here, Haba!!!!

People who are so quick to jump into conclusion without verifying the information, I can now see why some people call it junk news. They just digest the info hook, line and sinker without not even asking questions
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by hackney(m): 6:26pm On Nov 16, 2009
Do people even understand what the internet is?
Rubbish topic.

Maybe he can also shutdown tap water.
Nonsense.
mshhhheewww!!
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by UNLEASHED(m): 6:29pm On Nov 16, 2009
I think he's a kinda clown,
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by stede(m): 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2009
shit
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by PeeDaVinci: 8:32pm On Nov 16, 2009
@poster - the topic is misleading - it is a senator that is seeking that any US president (not necesarily Obama) should be able to do whatever you call it with the internet.

Stop using misleading titles to muster support for anti-obama campaign.

what the senator plan is crappy though
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Smi1(m): 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2009
[center]are you guys not aware that Obama is also a member of the Illuminati occult groupe they are the once in control of the world  and currencies , anyway i will post an article concerning that in some days to come,  merci je vous aime[/center]
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Smi1(m): 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2009
I'm sure Obama is capable of doing it because he's been use by the illuminati stuffs and by the way who told you Obama is the UNITED STATE DICTATOR
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by rasputinn(m): 9:45pm On Nov 16, 2009
I suspect someone is high on dry grass,but I don't know who it is,out of Obama and the OP cool cool
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by SeanT21(f): 9:46pm On Nov 16, 2009
S@mi:

[center]are you guys not aware that Obama is also a member of the Illuminati occult groupe they are the once in control of the world and currencies , anyway i will post an article concerning that in some days to come, merci je vous aime[/center]

~~keep your article to yourself. Don't spread stupidity.~~
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by 1Emmy: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2009
Internet technology has gone beyond America and Obama's  control, its too late for him. He can't shut the internet permanently now or then. So thou shall not be afraid.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by manny4life(m): 10:31pm On Nov 16, 2009
S@mi:

[center]are you guys not aware that Obama is also a member of the Illuminati occult groupe they are the once in control of the world and currencies , anyway i will post an article concerning that in some days to come, merci je vous aime[/center]

What has occult group got to do with the spreead rumors of shutting down the internet? Please think before you post man.

SeanT21:

Agree 110%, no one is really interested, besides the topics are unrelated.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by donjon: 12:56am On Nov 17, 2009
Shuo?
I saw an article, and i posted it!
Pls nobody should insult me henceforth.
If you are not comfortable with this topic, enter plane and report me to obama!
Rubbish!
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by mamagee3(f): 2:24am On Nov 17, 2009
SeanT21:

GBAM!!! grin grin
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by amor4ce(m): 2:27am On Nov 17, 2009
donjon:

Shuo?
I saw an article, and i posted it!
Pls nobody should insult me henceforth.
If you are not comfortable with this topic, enter plane and report me to obama!
Rubbish!
abeg next time dont just post without thinking of possible consequences, remember some people have no access to computers, not to talk of the internet; some do not even have hands to type;

some have internet but cannot browse (PHCN), some can browse but have no internet (inmates at kirikiri maximum prison for instance), we have internet, and we can browse, glory be to God amen! oya s'ope
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by mamagee3(f): 2:45am On Nov 17, 2009
This thread is a joke, no one can shut down internet, it's like an air we breathe.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by stkris(m): 3:58am On Nov 17, 2009
another ignorant topic.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by lasunray(m): 6:29am On Nov 17, 2009
[color=#990000][/color]
u knw wt?ds is my first reply to any post in NL.
sb sw a topic of intreast dt nids cment 4rm fellow Niaralanders &u r stupidly blaming him.
nw d topic:
havent any of u heared abt d 'END TIME'
If u dnt blieve there is 'end time' wel am sori,
havent any of u seein sign?
am nt d church typ bt its REAL!
It can hapen!!
dnt u guys blieve even if it doesnt get shut down,dificulty cn b creatd in accesin it.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by princekevo(m): 7:03am On Nov 17, 2009
Oh C'mon, this is jst another propaganda.
How do you relate this article with Obama's speach in Shaighai to the students.

He arrived by plane on Monday in the capital from Shanghai where he had addressed Chinese students, telling them that individual rights and freedoms should be available to all.

Mr Obama had told his audience that he was a "big supporter of non-censorship", and that unrestricted internet access was a "source of strength" that should be encouraged.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by davidif: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2009
donjon
OGA POSTER,
YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FROM QUOTING FROM A SOURCE THAT LACKS ANY CREDIBILITY. IT SEEMS THAT NOWADAYS ANY BODY CAN CITE ANYTHING FROM THE INTERNET AND EVERYBODY WOULD BELIEVE IT. I NO BLAME UNA cry cry, NA COMPUTER ILLITERACY DEY CAUSE THE PROBLEM SHA.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by mrofficial(m): 11:36am On Nov 17, 2009
SeanT21:

What is wrong with you?

Do you know Obama?

When end time comes, we'll see different type of things. example: Black being the president of the United States.

Why would someone on earth say he seeks the power to shut down internet. What for? So we can bow for him or what?
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by donjon: 11:42am On Nov 17, 2009
Even after i changed the topic of the thread to hoax!
Some disgruntled elements with cranial dysfunction still want to take potshots at me.
Bunch of demented nutjobs
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by mrofficial(m): 11:46am On Nov 17, 2009
donjon:

Even after i changed the topic of the thread to hoax!
Some disgruntled elements with cranial dysfunction still want to take potshots at me.
Bunch of demented nutjobs

Some people are just stupid and retarded.

They are here to insult posters, even after giving the source.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by TmeD0(m): 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2009

after reading through most of the responses pertaining this subject, i've come to the conclusion that we as a people have really been brainwashed and inattentive to what's really going on in this planet called earth.

@no2atheism, i've read most of post, which i usually find interesting and knowing you're a professed christian, i am amazed at your objectivity. 

everything you referenced about the NWO as much as people want to dismiss it and call it a conspiracy theory, i have no doubt in mind that it's true.

i'm sure you're probably aware of the illuminati but i won't go into that cause i don't want to derail the thread. 

@ all, bottom line is people, these things are are not going to happen overnight but they are slowly happening and the only way to know that is to pay attention.

these people know how to control the human populace psychologically and they have succeeded thus far in distracting the majority of us worldwide.

how have they succeeded? well, it's quite simple, ask yourselves why do you think there are so many "entertainment" programs on tvs i.e. American Idol,
Dancing with the stars, Xfactors and so (all these depends on the continent you reside though).

all these were purposely designed to distract people from paying attention to what's really going on globally.

do you all really think all these GA summits these "heads of states" attend are really about resolving any global crisis?  think again! if there's any hoax, that right there is the hoax cause what they are actually doing behind closed doors at those summits (actually, after the dud televised ones) is totally different.

Obama's presidency is just an experiment to see how people would react to a close to black man (even though some people will never accept the fact that he's equally as black as he's white) being the leader of the most powerful nation on earth.  newsflash: Obama was never elected; he was already selected as the next president way before the "election." 

And yes, the the story was true and not a hoax when it came out back in April about CyberSecurity Act of 2009. 

Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by TmeD0(m): 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2009
texazzpete:

Funny how these people come up with these scaremongering topics just when the US government is letting go of much of its control over the internet

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/sep/30/icann-agreement-us

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20427295.400-the-us-lets-go-of-the-internet--will-anyone-notice.html

I hope you clown read these article i've posted this time.

really? you sincerely believe everything in these articles?

let me ask you a question: who do you think controls the media?

i'll leave you with that. . .  Peace!
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by mrofficial(m): 6:40pm On Nov 17, 2009
T@meD0:

after reading through most of the responses pertaining this subject, i've come to the conclusion that we as a people have really been brainwashed and inattentive to what's really going on in this planet called earth.

@no2atheism, i've read most of post, which i usually find interesting and knowing you're a professed christian, i am amazed at your objectivity. 

everything you referenced about the NWO as much as people want to dismiss it and call it a conspiracy theory, i have no doubt in mind that it's true.

i'm sure you're probably aware of the illuminati but i won't go into that cause i don't want to derail the thread. 

@ all, bottom line is people, these things are are not going to happen overnight but they are slowly happening and the only way to know that is to pay attention.

these people know how to control the human populace psychologically and they have succeeded thus far in distracting the majority of us worldwide.

how have they succeeded? well, it's quite simple, ask yourselves why do you think there are so many "entertainment" programs on tvs i.e. American Idol,
Dancing with the stars, Xfactors and so (all these depends on the continent you reside though).

all these were purposely designed to distract people from paying attention to what's really going on globally.

do you all really think all these GA summits these "heads of states" attend are really about resolving any global crisis?  think again! if there's any hoax, that right there is the hoax cause what they are actually doing behind closed doors at those summits (actually, after the dud televised ones) is totally different.

Obama's presidency is just an experiment to see how people would react to a close to black man (even though some people will never accept the fact that he's equally as black as he's white) being the leader of the most powerful nation on earth.  newsflash: Obama was never elected; he was already selected as the next president way before the "election." 

And yes, the the story was true and not a hoax when it came out back in April about CyberSecurity Act of 2009. 

Help me tell them, they think it will happen overnight like rapture, na small small.
The most painful thing is that the atheists come here to say its not true, misleading many on Nairaland.
If you look into the world, you'll see that it has an end. That's if you're not brainwashed.

Entertainment here and there.

Different deadly diseases here and there.

Especially the women, they've completely lost their responsibilities in this world.

They re responsible for the death of many men and making them lose Heaven.

Please browse the following link, because i don't know how to embed.

Satan's Meeting

Satan called a worldwide convention of demons. In his opening address he
said, "We can't keep Christians from going to church. We can't keep them
from reading their Bibles and knowing the truth. We can't even keep them
from forming an intimate relationship with their saviour. Once they gain
that connection with Jesus, our power over them is broken."

"So let them go to their churches; let them have their covered dish dinners,
but steal their time, so they don't have time to develop a relationship with
Jesus Christ."

"This is what I want you to do", said the devil:

"Distract them from gaining hold of their Saviour and maintaining that vital
connection throughout their day!" "How shall we do this?" his demons
shouted.

"Keep them busy in the nonessentials of life and invent innumerable schemes
to occupy their minds," he answered.

"Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, and borrow, borrow, borrow."

"Persuade the wives to go to work for long hours and the husbands to work
6-7 days each week, 10-12 hours a day, so they can afford their empty
lifestyles."

"Keep them from spending time with their children. As their families
fragment, soon, their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of
work!"

"Over-stimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that still, small
voice. Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they
drive. To keep the TV, VCR, CDs and their PCs going constantly in their
home and see to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays
non-biblical music constantly. This will jam their minds and break that
union with Christ."

"Fill the coffee tables with magazines and newspapers. Pound their minds
with the news 24 hours a day. Invade their driving moments with billboards.
Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, mail order catalogues, sweepstakes,
and every kind of newsletter and promotional offering free products,
services and false hopes."

"Keep skinny, beautiful models on the magazines and TV so their husbands
will believe that outward beauty is what's important, and they'll become
dissatisfied with their wives. Keep the wives too tired to love their
husbands at night. Give them headaches too! If they don't give their
husbands the love they need, they will begin to look elsewhere. That will
fragment their families quickly!"

"Give them Santa Claus to distract them from teaching their children the
real meaning of Christmas. Give them an Easter bunny so they won't talk
about his resurrection and power over sin and death."

"Even in their recreation, let them be excessive. Have them return from
their recreation exhausted. Keep them too busy to go out in nature and
reflect on God's creation. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events,
plays, concerts, and movies instead. Keep them busy, busy, busy!"

"And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip and
small talk so that they leave with troubled consciences."

"Crowd their lives with so many good causes they have no time to seek power
from Jesus. Soon they will be working in their own strength, sacrificing
their health and family for the good of the cause. It will work! It will
work!"

It was quite a plan! The demons went eagerly to their assignments causing
Christians everywhere to get more busy and more rushed, going here and
there. Having little time for their God or their families. Having no time
to tell others about the power of Jesus to change lives. I guess the
question is, has the devil been successful at his scheme?

You be the judge! Does "busy" mean:
B-eing
U-nder
S-atan's
Y-oke?

watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgJ-w5GSaYo&feature=related
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by TmeD0(m): 8:13pm On Nov 17, 2009
@ mr.official, it's pretty easy to embed your youtube video.  here's how:

1. at the site, copy the "embed" code (not the url code)

2. tab back to NL (almost nearly all browsers now have the tabbed browsing feature, thanks to FF) and click on the flash button (first button under the bold button

3. insert the code in between the open and closed "flash" tag and delete everything before the "http" and everything after the complete url:
[s]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="[/s]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgJ-w5GSaYo&hl=en_US&fs=1&[s]"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="[/s]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgJ-w5GSaYo&hl=en_US&fs=1&[s]"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/s]

NOTE: you can either one of the addresses because they are both the same

4. change the video dimension from the default 200,200 to 425,344 (actual youtube video size)
[flash=200,200]http://insert code here [/flash]

5. and voila, bob's ya uncle!   grin

hope this helps.  Peace!

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgJ-w5GSaYo&hl=en_US&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by mrofficial(m): 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2009
Ok, thnx T@meD0

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory / Get All Laptop Batteries And Keyboard At An Affordable Prices / Laptop Problems: Compaq Presario 1200 and IBM T21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.