Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* (9033 Views)

Liberty Reserve Shut-down? Owner Arrested? / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / Hackers Threaten To Shut-down Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by manny4life(m): 10:01pm On Nov 17, 2009
I like Nairaland, people gradually deviate from the main topic and start talking something else different. Can someone please tell me what Obama's presidency has got to do with this. Even those who did not have the ability to vote would sit on their ass looking for ways to discredit President Obama. Obviously people have said he was selected, some say he was chose, absolute rubbish, the rest of the discourse irrelevant. Everyone knew what happened, and that's why congress moved to act swiftly to prevent such occurrence.I have a question for people who talk without research; Was it Obama that introduced that bill to the house? Answer NO. Also, looking at this act, can someone please tell me where it says explicitly gives the right to shut down the internet, and don't worry rather than Goggling it, I have the link directly from the Library of Congress online. In addition, we carry news, but no one ever raised that Obama hasn't signed this bill, it was just introduced as a Reco, it hasn't even gone to either houses for vote which obviously, however Obama does have an cycbersecurity advisory panel.

Here is the link for Library of Congress and the name of the bill is Cyber security Act of 2009, No, S.773

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/g_three_sections_with_teasers/legislative_home.htm
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by alex406(m): 2:04am On Nov 18, 2009
i wonder what he's gonna do with his life if this is really true.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by porka: 3:40am On Nov 18, 2009
manny4life:

I like Nairaland, people gradually deviate from the main topic and start talking something else different. Can someone please tell me what Obama's presidency has got to do with this. Even those who did not have the ability to vote would sit on their ass looking for ways to discredit President Obama. Obviously people have said he was selected, some say he was chose, absolute rubbish, the rest of the discourse irrelevant. Everyone knew what happened, and that's why congress moved to act swiftly to prevent such occurrence.I have a question for people who talk without research; Was it Obama that introduced that bill to the house? Answer NO. Also, looking at this act, can someone please tell me where it says explicitly gives the right to shut down the internet, and don't worry rather than Goggling it, I have the link directly from the Library of Congress online. In addition, we carry news, but no one ever raised that Obama hasn't signed this bill, it was just introduced as a Reco, it hasn't even gone to either houses for vote which obviously, however Obama does have an cycbersecurity advisory panel.

Here is the link for Library of Congress and the name of the bill is Cyber security Act of 2009, No, S.773

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/g_three_sections_with_teasers/legislative_home.htm

Hello sir, I think there is more to worry about this bill than you are making us admit. Why would anyone think of introducing this kinda bill in the first place? Plus Obama's recent ego trip with Fox News is a serious concern for the lovers of free speech. Obama as you may know benefited tremendously through the internet in advancing his political career, so he knows what the power of internet can do. Now that the same medium is being used against him, it is only logical to infer that he wont turn down such powers if given by the congress.

I am sure you know that the internet is extremely regulated in China, North Korea and lately Iran, therefore it is not impossible as you are saying. The fact that you know where the bill is stored does not mean anything in this context. What is important at this hour is to continue to be vigilant. This guy, Obama, would charm the world with his "big government" ideology. Everything that endears America to the world is being erased one by one. Strong private enterprise is one of the strongest virture of Americans but it is being replaced by "big government" similar to inefficient African set-up. The FREEDOM OF SPEECH is another which is already under threat with the Fox News saga. See why we should worry?
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 18, 2009
ABI HIM DEY MAD? angry
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by SeanT21(f): 8:19am On Nov 18, 2009
holamiday:

ABI HIM DEY MAD? angry

Which part of the word "hoax" dont U understand? undecided
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Bonjeh: 9:29am On Nov 18, 2009
What people should take away from this is that don't believe everything in the media. I don't know if the bill is true but one thing that No2Atheism said that makes sense is the involvement of Rockefeller. His famiy has a very strong influence on what goes on in America. Another thing is why are people making Obama seem like he is somekind of angel. I think there is an agenda being played out before our eyes and the media is only focusing on some certain aspects. People should find out more about Obama before they deify him. Did U know that it is open knowedge that he is Freemason? It is also open knowledge that he is related to George Bush and Dick Cheney. Every American president is a freemason, and their emblem (the all seeing eye) is on the one dollar bill.

Open your eyes people things are far from what they seem.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nezan(m): 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2009
^^ The same old conspiracy theories.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by echobee(f): 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2009
wetin dey do am. if the guy no know the bill way he wan pass. abeg make i give am my acct number.THIS IS BULLMESS
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by manny4life(m): 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2009
porka:

Hello sir, I think there is more to worry about this bill than you are making us admit. Why would anyone think of introducing this kinda bill in the first place? Plus Obama's recent ego trip with Fox News is a serious concern for the lovers of free speech. Obama as you may know benefited tremendously through the internet in advancing his political career, so he knows what the power of internet can do. Now that the same medium is being used against him, it is only logical to infer that he wont turn down such powers if given by the congress.

I am sure you know that the internet is extremely regulated in China, North Korea and lately Iran, therefore it is not impossible as you are saying. The fact that you know where the bill is stored does not mean anything in this context. What is important at this hour is to continue to be vigilant. This guy, Obama, would charm the world with his "big government" ideology. Everything that endears America to the world is being erased one by one. Strong private enterprise is one of the strongest virture of Americans but it is being replaced by "big government" similar to inefficient African set-up. The FREEDOM OF SPEECH is another which is already under threat with the Fox News saga. See why we should worry?

Dude you all missing the point. I asked a simple question before, can someone please tell me where in that bill that was introduced that explicitly quote "Obama seeks power to shut down the internet" and the link I gave using the bill no, is for people to read through this bill and tell me where they saw all this they claiming about President Obama. Every one in the U.S. knows that every bill introduced always have concerns from either side of the aisle just like the Health care bill, but what I still maintain is that no where in that bill did it give Obama to shut down the Internet, period.

However, to the understanding of what I've read so far, it does give the White House and its administration through the Dept of Commerce and another dept, excessive rights to regulate certain commercial activity over the internet. We all clomoruring over FREEDOM OF SPEECH, but we forget that desperate actions calls for desperate descision. Congress did not just decide to act like that, something really serious had to happen for them to introduce the bill. For instance, if the traitors who successfully hacked into the Dept of Energy grid system and shut down 1/3 of the U.S., and or half of th entire national network sytem came to a halt, I don't think you would be here talking about Freedom of Speech. More so, Although I know its way far from happening, but when they hacked into the Dept of Defense, USAF electronic warfare database, and engaged a missile heading your state, the least thing you would be concerned about is FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

What I'm saying as much as I support the bill, as long as it does not infringe on our right, they can do whatever they wish period. Although they claimed it did not address as much National Security as much as they wanted but what they forgot to say is that, if it was going to address National Security to that extent, then it would infringe on our rights and I think they don't wanna do that reason why they are treading softly.

Yes as for China, true their Govt control the internet, but you would not hear up to 1/3 of the atrocities committed in the U.S. in China, although the U.S. is the largest user of the internet, nevertheless, still won't hear a this kind of threats going on.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by jonsn: 8:19pm On Nov 18, 2009
I think every one has gotten it all wrong as a result of the misleading source. What Rockafella meant when he mentioned enemies was the political enemies the US have developed, who are capable of using the internet's power in military warfare. I think they must have done thier thinking on a Military Defence facet.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by manny4life(m): 8:41pm On Nov 18, 2009
jonsn:

I think every one has gotten it all wrong as a result of the misleading source. What Rockafella meant when he mentioned enemies was the political enemies the US have developed, who are capable of using the internet's power in military warfare. I think they must have done thier thinking on a Military Defence facet.

Thank you my brother, I explained this in my third and fourth previous post that they were addressing National Security concerns using internet capability. They all get half baked stories sold to them through FOX news and its media conglomerate, but its ok for people to believe what they want.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by nazzyon(m): 10:26pm On Nov 18, 2009
The US Government cannot afford to Shutdown the Internet, they wouldn't dare 'cos the amount the US Government generates annually from the Internet is equivalent if not surpass the budget of 10 countries combined together annually.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by sodconfirm: 12:53am On Nov 19, 2009
@no2atheism said it all, Also see Aljazeera TV to get real information and stop being fooled by some crooks in white skin, My brother is an American who is married to a white lady and he told me OBAMA is a white guy in a black skin, why is Africa taking the black man issue so personal?. To my own opinion OBAMA is always saying what audience wants to hear and another thing keeps happening, He said he aims for peace in the middle east with sweet words, why is Israel it's closest allied in the middle east still building on Palestinian lands also waged war on the poor Gaza strip to take charge of more land "occupation" which is backed by the U.S, the Bombs and bullets used were U.S made confirmed and shown by Aljazeera reporters in Gaza during the 22 day war on Gaza, why is this happening if they truly seek peace? The Palestinian people we are talking about are Muslim majority and Israel is Jewish/Christian Majority.

I am a Christian but noting stops me from sharing the truth, Fela also says "White supremacy" is based on ignorance, Fela says " we live on wrong information" Now they want to shut down the only way we get real information. They already banned some Muslim songs, Islam version of Idol, they also shut down some Islamic schools and org. in U.S claiming they fund their Muslim brothers for terrorism outside U.S, are you aware of this? what move is this about? so called PEACE?. Have you ever tried reasoning with the so called Terrorists? Go online and read about the book that was published some weeks ago " GROWING UP BINLADIN" hear from the first wife and son of the No 1 most wanted person in the world OSAMA BIN-LADIN, The Master minder of the sept 11 attacks, There you will know it's not everything labeled bad that is truly bad, learn to hear the other side of the story at least for once and stop condemning real information like this because of the sweet words you hear from Obama and his allies.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Smi1(m): 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2009
there are so many people in NL that lacks knowledge that's why they can't be able to take a proper view of what's happening at this present time and i see no reason why some ignorants are just hanging on here to insult posters who have something good to share.

i won't like to post links but anyone who might be interested should search " illuminati " on google, i think there are many people who are still blind

merci je vous aime!!
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2009
[flash=200,200][/flash][img][/img] smiley :- Believe me. it may not really be obama that will execute issue that it's being threaded here. mind you, we woke up one day and get to know about internet, so shall we wake one day and get to know that no more connectivity. then we might think it's network without knowing that internet is been shut down. like one user has mentioned in this thread: download anything u found to be important to u into a cd and keep. u never can tell tomorrow.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by TmeD0(m): 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2009
S@mi:

there are so many people in NL that lacks knowledge that's why they can't be able to take a proper view of what's happening at this present time and i see no reason why some ignorants are just hanging on here to insult posters who have something good to share.

i won't like to post links but anyone who might be interested should search " illuminati " on google, i think there are  many people who are still blind

merci je vous aime!!
thnx for your post.  i've come to the realization that no matter what you say or any pointers that you reference, people are still going to believe what they want to believe.

even if you point out what's going on around them, the ones that will listen will listen but unfortunately the majority will choose to buy into the notion of the "conspiracy theorists" label. 

i mentioned illuminati in my previous post but as usual, the brainwashed folks (courtesy of the media) will always dismiss it as false. 

hopefully, a few people will take the time and do their own research and maybe, just maybe they'll start paying attention to what's really going on.  Peace!

manny4life:

Thank you my brother, I explained this in my third and fourth previous post that they were addressing National Security concerns using internet capability. They all get half baked stories sold to them through FOX news and its media conglomerate, but its ok for people to believe what they want.

like CNN or MSNBC is any better? by the way, you'd be surprised to know who actually owns and controls the media. 

then again, that'll probably be a conspiracy theory to you as usual.  Peace!
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by manny4life(m): 2:04am On Nov 20, 2009
It does seem we have high profile American Political experts on Nairaland Forum who know everything about what's going on around the U.S.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by donjon: 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2009
abi
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by jonsn: 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
SeanT21:

Which part of the word "hoax" dont U understand? undecided

Infact, I like your question.
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by init4dmoni(m): 9:45am On Nov 21, 2009
this is all part of the plan for the "new world order"
obama has always been a pawn to the real rulers of the us undecided
Re: Obama Seeks Power To Shut Down The Internet*HOAX* by TmeD0(m): 10:09pm On Nov 30, 2009
init4dmoni:

this is all part of the plan for the "new world order"
obama has always been a pawn to the real rulers of the us undecided

nuff said!  actually, make that the world cause it's not just limited to the U.S.

manny4life:

It does seem we have high profile American Political experts on Nairaland Forum who know everything about what's going on around the U.S.

so, you're implying that only the people living in the U.S. (like yourself) can know what's going on there? 

u try. . . undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Intel Unveils Industry’s First FPGA Integrated With High Bandwidth Memory / Get All Laptop Batteries And Keyboard At An Affordable Prices / Laptop Problems: Compaq Presario 1200 and IBM T21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.