Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,148 members, 7,829,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Magu Blocked From Seeing Buhari Over Confirmation Crisis - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu Blocked From Seeing Buhari Over Confirmation Crisis (27773 Views)

SARS Stops Senate Delegation From Seeing Dino Melaye At Hospital / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail: Fani-Kayode Blocked From Entering Court By Security / EXCLUSIVE: How Magu’s Confirmation Crisis Is Tearing Apart Buhari’s Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magu Blocked From Seeing Buhari Over Confirmation Crisis by ebby9z(m): 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
Drabeey:
All well said. I read this piece with so much contempt.... So the cabals we voted out during the 'april father Christmas time' are still very much in power?
I still cant understand something either..... Is the president not supposed to have a mobile phone?
Is magu not supposed to reach him on phone?
All i smell here is public stunt joor...

Anyways...

Drabeey was HERE
Lol. Mobile phone Bruh! A sitting president being called directly on a personal phone?
Re: Magu Blocked From Seeing Buhari Over Confirmation Crisis by freeze001(f): 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
doctokwus:

Buhari's matter is that of a man that struggled to become d president for 12yrs,knows exactly what Nigeria's problems are,but has no clue,plan nor capacity on how to solve.A man so dull he is outwitted by every tom,dick and harry around him.
I cant bliv the sight of d man(if i av d misfortune of coming across it) I blived so much in less than 2yrs ago,now irritates me and makes me want to puke.
D only slight consolation i give myself is in the occasional bottle and convincing myself dat he had a corrupt,utterly useless& clueless GEJ and many other clowns as opponents.Tiny consolation considering how poor d man has turned out to be.

Very soon ur conscience will not allow u talk of that ur consolation by the time the blatant sleaze and muck that typifies this government will be fully displayed. Your regret will be absolute!
Re: Magu Blocked From Seeing Buhari Over Confirmation Crisis by Omeokachie: 6:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
Itse Sagay should play Orubebe here...

" Your excellency, I will not take this! You must pay audience to Magus whether you like it or not!"
Re: Magu Blocked From Seeing Buhari Over Confirmation Crisis by ezemme(m): 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
AntiWailer:

I have never seen it from your angle.

I won't lie to you. Your submission is full of wisdom.

Imagine him prosecuting Saraki after they begged Saraki to allow him become chairman. smiley
Exactly
Re: Magu Blocked From Seeing Buhari Over Confirmation Crisis by jomoh: 7:57pm On Dec 18, 2016
tuniski:

It is not a party thing but a change in govt from one party to another. Let apc/buhaari lose to. Another party, you will hate buhari by the magnitude Of corruption that will be exposed!

You're correct but what I meant is that even under PDP we hardly hear of intra party wars like this especially not in the early days of PDP.

For there to be internal rancor within the party it means one faction is doing something right while the other is fighting back.

With time people will know which faction is doing the right thing.
Re: Magu Blocked From Seeing Buhari Over Confirmation Crisis by Reference(m): 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2016
freeze001:

The report is from the Presidency; the DSS is part of the Presidency! What do u mean anyways? Will the presidency rewrite the report or stop the Senate from evaluating same?

Hmmm.... DSS part of Presidency and Magu's nomination coming from Presidency ?!@s*!!...errrrmmm..... exactly how many Presidencies are there or should I say... Presidents...
Re: Magu Blocked From Seeing Buhari Over Confirmation Crisis by NewYorkCity: 8:50pm On Dec 18, 2016
After freezing Fayose's account 'a sitting governor' because of Aisha. Where is Aisha Buhari to save him....
Re: Magu Blocked From Seeing Buhari Over Confirmation Crisis by Reference(m): 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2016
Can Nigerians now see whay it is necessary to have strong opposition because it is only political opposition that will stop this government from imploding. If they felt they would lose power as a result of pressure from a 'waiting government', even the APC will have been united today, but because they have actively sought to kill the opposition, it is bound to rise within because power cannot exist in a vacuum. Now, the PDP remains weak, the APC divided, the governmemt at odds and the people who are the shareholders, swindled. Everyone has lost, or is losing.

The British Labour Party was ejected on economic grounds. They began to attack the Conservatives, the next day after election. Nobody told them that since they failed, they should not speak, thoughtless of not existing, but the black man likes absolute power, wants to become a feudal lord because he is lazy minded so cannot see that you can only win where there is a competition; and unfortunately the black man on the street wants sugar coated tales, someone to take his responsibilities so he has an inordinate belief in he who can promise heaven and earth while he does nothing. That is why Nigeria boasts of its oil resources, stupidly calling it wealth, because it does nothing to find it, produce it and sell it. Lazy ar.se.d people.

I said it in my historical posts, that a time will come when the people will look for political opposition and when they cannot find any, return to the catacombs to dig up the bones of the PDP, if only to ignite the fires of good government that comes with a balance of power. One party systems donot work. Dictatorships are always disastrous.
Re: Magu Blocked From Seeing Buhari Over Confirmation Crisis by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:46am On Dec 19, 2016
Drabeey:
All well said. I read this piece with so much contempt.... So the cabals we voted out during the 'april father Christmas time' are still very much in power?
I still cant understand something either..... Is the president not supposed to have a mobile phone?
Is magu not supposed to reach him on phone?
All i smell here is public stunt joor...

Anyways...

Drabeey was HERE
IF the president's phone nmber circulates unhindered and allowed to pick calls without restriction, the president wud jus wake one day without eardrum. Because personally I ll sooo trouble him calls.

1 Like

Re: Magu Blocked From Seeing Buhari Over Confirmation Crisis by lastpage: 9:18am On Dec 19, 2016
Most Nigerians ar not just d@ft, they are ignorant!

Instead of facing issues, they make conjectures their daily staple.

WHY was magu not confirmed?
Is it because he was GUILTY (as alleged by the Senate) and a bad selection by Mr. President
Or is it because the CORRUPT CRIMINALS IN THE SENATE are afraid that they will be exposed?

Has any of you tried to read the content of the Security Report that was sued to refuse his confirmation by those corrupt Senators?
It is only on the basis of "Good Information" that people should comment.
Not because they like corruption, or hate Buhari or hate Yoruba or hate Hausas.

Below is a copy of investigation on that so-called Security Report.
Remember that Magu was NEVER given the opportunity to defend himself before the Senate or explain his part, before they just refused his confirmation.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/12/17/fact-check-senate-confirmation-how-dss-lied-against-efcc-boss-magu

On Thursday, the Nigerian Senate declined to confirm the appointment of Ibrahim Magu as substantive chair of the country’s premier anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The upper legislative chamber claimed it could not approve the presidency’s request to confirm Mr. Magu based on a security report forwarded to it by the State Security Service.

“The Senate wishes to inform the public that based on available security report, the Senate cannot proceed with the confirmation of Ibrahim Magu as Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission,” the spokesperson for the Senate, Aliyu Abdullahi, said in a statement read to journalists.

The nomination of Ibrahim Magu is hereby rejected and has been returned to the President for further action,” Mr. Abdullahi said.

The Senate did not provide the EFCC chairman an opportunity to respond to the allegations against him.

PREMIUM TIMES has obtained details of the security report on which the lawmakers based their decision and has investigated the claims against Mr. Magu.

We fact-checked some of the claims made by the SSS, and below are our findings:

ALLEGATION ONE: That during the tenure of Farida Waziri as EFCC chairperson, sensitive documents were found in Mr. Magu’s home.

The facts do not support that claim. A reporter for this newspaper extensively reported that event in 2008 when it happened, and is familiar with what transpired at the time.

Based on pressure from political gladiators of the period (among which were former Governors James Ibori and Bukola Saraki), then President Musa Yar’Adua unceremoniously removed Nuhu Ribadu as chairman of the EFCC.

After Mr. Ribadu’s departure, his successor, Mrs. Waziri, frustrated some of his closest and most resourceful aides in the commission and harassed them for a prolonged period.

Mr. Magu, who was a chief superintendent of police at the time, was sent away from the EFCC and his Lagos and Abuja homes were raided by operatives even before he had the opportunity to hand over to Umar Sanda as head of the Economic Governance Unit of the Commission. He was later detained for three weeks.

Following complaints by Mrs. Waziri, the then Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro, queried Mr. Magu, accusing him of serious misconduct. One of the allegations against him was that he removed and withheld EFCC files.

On August 25, 2008, Mr. Magu replied the query, explaining to the IGP that no unauthorized EFCC official documents were found in his home.

“I wish to state that the nature of my assignment at the EFCC is such that I worked round the clock and it was impossible for me to do my work effectively without working on some documents at home,” he wrote to Mr. Okiro at the time. “This is the reason I maintain an office bag where documents relating to investigations were kept. The documents listed were found in my office bag which I was in the process of handing over and were not found hidden anywhere in my house.

“It is therefore not the correct position to say that I bluntly refused to hand over EFCC’s property and documents. I had just concluded handing over the Abuja office, and I was in Lagos to conclude handing over the Lagos office when the search was conducted. At the time of the search, I had not reported to my new command. It could therefore not be my intention to keep government documents in my house.

“I have suffered untold humiliation within the past one month. My home was ransacked, vandalized and my properties destroyed by men of the EFCC. I was detained in a cell meant for hardened criminals most of whom are armed robbers for three weeks. My health condition deteriorated as a result of his inhuman treatment meted out to me for doing my job diligently and with the pride required of a senior police officer of my rank in the Nigerian Police Force.

“I humbly implore the Inspector General of Police to totally exonerate me from blame and the said acts of serious misconduct because I was not involved and I am not involved. I will never be discouraged in my unrelenting war against crime and its associated manifestations as enshrined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

After an investigation, the police IG exonerated Mr. Magu, posted him to the police’s Special Fraud Unit and promoted him to the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police shortly afterwards.

ALLEGATION TWO: That Mr. Magu currently occupies a residence rented for N40 million at N20 million per annum. This accommodation was not paid [for] from the commission’s (EFCC) finances, but by one Umar Mohammed, air commodore retired.

This claim is also untrue.

PREMIUM TIMES has obtained evidence showing the property in question was paid for by the Federal Capital Development Administration, and not Mr. Umar.

The E-Payment schedule, dated March 31, was issued by to the branch controller of Central Bank, Abuja, in favor of M/S Valcour SA-Nigeria Limited.

The company was paid N39.628 million as payment for two-year rent and furnishing of the property, located in upscale Maitama district of Abuja.

The payment schedule was signed by Isiyaku Ismaila and confirmed by Zanna A. Hamza.

Mr. Magu lived in Karu, a suburb of Abuja, before his appointment as acting EFCC chair. With his new position, Mr. Magu moved into an official residence provided by the FCDA.

ALLEGATION 3: That the acting EFCC chairman regularly embarked on official and private trips through a private jet owned by embattled Air Commodore Mohammed Umar (Rtd).

PREMIUM TIMES checks show that this is not entirely correct. Our investigations indicate that Mr. Magu first met Mr. Umar when both of them worked as members of the Presidential Committee on the investigation of arms procurement. At the time, Mr. Umar was very close to President Muhammadu Buhari and had unlimited access to the presidential villa. Both men became close during the assignment.

Our investigations indicate that once this year, Mr. Magu traveled to Kano in the company of EFCC’s Director of Finance and that in charge of organizational support. Those familiar with the trip said on their way back to Abuja, Mr. Umar, who at the time remained Mr. Magu’s colleague at the presidential committee, and who was at the time not in any trouble with the SSS, gave the two officials a lift.

We are unable to find any evidence that Mr. Magu flew in Mr. Umar’s private jet at any other time.
Neither were we able to establish that the EFCC chairman flew to Maiduguri alongside Mr. Umar and a bank MD being investigated by the EFCC over complicity in funds allegedly stolen by former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke.

While some insiders at the commission denied the allegation, we could not independently verify the claims.

ALLEGATION 4: On 24 June 2016, he (Magu) flew Emirate Airlines first-class to Saudi Arabia to perform lesser hajj at the cost of N2.9m. This is in spite of Mr. President’s directive to all public servants to fly economy class.

Insiders say while it was true that Mr. Magu indeed flew first class to Saudi Arabia for lesser hajj, he did not pay for the ticket with public funds. We could not, however, confirm this claim independently.

Now, Judge for yourself.
What manner of "Justice" allows youto convict a man, without "fair-hearing"?

Lastpage!

BTW: Magu will continue be EFCC Chair, in acting capacity with full powers to prosecute, for 3yrs, 11months and 30days, if this thieving Senators and Senate refuse to confirm him ....and if Buhari gets re-elected, he will be re-nominated again!

1 Like

Re: Magu Blocked From Seeing Buhari Over Confirmation Crisis by nwabobo: 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
doctokwus:

Buhari's matter is that of a man that struggled to become d president for 12yrs,knows exactly what Nigeria's problems are,but has no clue,plan nor capacity on how to solve.A man so dull he is outwitted by every tom,dick and harry around him.
I cant bliv the sight of d man(if i av d misfortune of coming across it) I blived so much in less than 2yrs ago,now irritates me and makes me want to puke.
D only slight consolation i give myself is in the occasional bottle and convincing myself dat he had a corrupt,utterly useless& clueless GEJ and many other clowns as opponents.Tiny consolation considering how poor d man has turned out to be.

Hahahaha! Una never see something yet. Sai Baba till 2023. Beremx no be so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekanem To Akpabio: When You Don't Have Delegates, You Withdraw Not To Step Down / Dino Melaye: Atiku Married Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Vote For Him / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Gov Adeleke, Says God Will Continue To Suport You(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.