Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,637 members, 7,958,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:49 AM

What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? (16766 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? / "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Olasco93: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2016
The Personality behind that name is Awesome.
That personality in that Name gave me Eternal life, hope, peace, victory, kindness and above all love.
The Name of Jesus is Higher than any other name...
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Musharraf: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2016
The Islamic view of Jesus lies between two extremes.

The Jews, who rejected Jesus as a prophet, called him an imposter, while the Christians, on the other hand, considered him to be the son of God and worship him as such.

Islam considers Jesus to be one of the greatest and most forbearing of prophets, in addition to Noah, Abraham, Moses and Muhammad, peace be upon them. Jesus is also considered to be the Messiah as well. This is in conformity with the Islamic view of the Oneness of God, the Oneness of Divine guidance, and the complementary role of the subsequent mission of God’s messengers.

Muslims respect and revere Jesus (peace be upon him). They consider him one of the greatest of God’s messengers to mankind. The Quran confirms his virgin birth, and a chapter of the Quran is entitled ‘Maryam ’ (Mary).

The Quran describes the birth of Jesus as follows:

(Remember) when the angels said, “O Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him (God), whose name is the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, revered in this world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (to God). He will speak to the people from his cradle and as a man, and he is of the righteous.” She said, “My Lord, how can I have a child when no mortal has touched me?” He said, “So (it will be). God creates what He wills. If He decrees a thing, He says to it only, ‘Be!’ and it is.” (Quran, 3:45-47)

Jesus was born miraculously by the command of God, the same command that had brought Adam into being with neither a father nor a mother. God has said:
The case of Jesus with God is like the case of Adam. He created him from dust, and then He said to him, “Be!” and he came into being. (Quran, 3:59)

During his prophetic mission, Jesus performed many miracles. God tells us that Jesus said:
“I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you the shape of a bird out of clay, I breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God’s permission. I heal the blind from birth and the leper. And I bring the dead to life by God’s permission. And I tell you what you eat and what you store in your houses....” (Quran, 3:49)

Muslims believe that Jesus was not crucified. It was the plan of Jesus’ enemies to crucify him, but God saved him and raised him up to Him. And the likeness of Jesus was put over another man. Jesus’ enemies took this man and crucified him, thinking that he was Jesus.

God has said:
...They said, “We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of God.” They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but the likeness of him was put on another man (and they killed that man)... (Quran, 4:157)

Neither Muhammad nor Jesus came to change the basic doctrine of the belief in one God, brought by earlier prophets, but rather to confirm and renew it...

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Daolif: 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2016
oijeleo:
[[/color dumb and frustrated bigot ] quote author=slawomir post=5203493[color=#006600]8]I don't give a Bleep about who Jesus is. to me that guy is one broke ass dude or rather one bastard son of a thousand father through him one self claimed alpha and omega called God succeeded in confusing humanity and mankind making some totally confused humans to believe that there is one supreme being up there in the sky protecting humanity whereas humans are the one protecting themselves. and in a situation where they can't protect themselves then they succumb to fate. for example death which is inevitable.
and for those still alive today doesn't mean the grace of God is upon you. you are just lucky today and it doesn't mean you will not die anymoment from now. God protects no one

Jesus is d message
For God so loved d world that he gave his only begotten son(Jesus Christ) john3:16

God doesn't confuse.. any time we pray to God, we go through Jesus coz He's d way, truth and life.. Bible further says no one goes through the father except through Jesus.. that's while we do say In JESUS NAME WE PRAY.. AMEN

JESUS,THE ONE HATED BY SOME YET, LOVES THEM ALL. A GOOD TRAIT TO IMBIBE

GOOD IS LOVE, JESUS IS LOVE

For that Luck, it's God's grace
c'mon, thank him for d Luck, adore him for d grace.. u didnt deserve it but his mercies was sufficient
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Daolif: 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
JESUS IS NEVER D MESSANGER HE IS D MESSAGE HIMSELF

1 Like

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
Hope
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by obinna58(m): 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
I see Jesus as someone who was sent by a mighty perfect God who doesn't has the heart to forgive rather sending someone who has nothing to do with sins we av committed for us to torture and kill in order to forgive
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Musharraf: 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2016
JESUS( PEACE BE UNTO HIM)

The Islamic view of Jesus lies between two extremes. The Jews, who rejected Jesus as a prophet, called him an imposter, while the Christians, on the other hand, considered him to be the son of God and worship him as such.
Islam considers Jesus to be one of the greatest and most forbearing of prophets, in addition to Noah, Abraham, Moses and Muhammad, peace be upon them. Jesus is also considered to be the Messiah as well. This is in conformity with the Islamic view of the Oneness of God, the Oneness of Divine guidance, and the complementary role of the subsequent mission of God’s messengers.
The message of God to humanity, which is to worship God and God alone and to live according to His instruction, was revealed to Adam (peace be upon him), who passed it on to his children. All the subsequent revelations to Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and, finally, Muhammad are in conformity with that message. Thus, Islam views any contradictions among revealed religions as man-made elements introduced into these religions. The position of Jesus in the three major creeds- Judaism, Christianity, and Islam- is not an exception.

Although the Quran does not present a detailed life-story of Jesus, it highlights the important aspects of his birth, his mission, his ascension to heaven. It also passes judgment on the Christian and Jewish beliefs concerning him. We will look at some of the truths which God revealed about Jesus in the Quran.

BORN OF VIRGIN MOTHER

Like Christians, Muslims believe that Mary, Maria in Spanish, or Maryam as she is called in Arabic, was a chaste, virgin woman, who miraculously gave birth to Jesus. Jesus’ birth in itself was a miracle in that he had no father.

God describes his birth in the Quran as follows:
“And mention in the Book (the Quran), Mary, when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing east. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her a spirit from Us, (the angel Gabriel), and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects. She said: ‘Verily, I seek refuge with the Most Gracious (God) from you, if you do fear God.’ (The angel) said: ‘I am only a messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son.’ She said: ‘How can I have a son, when no man hath touched me, nor am I unchaste?’ He said: ‘So (it will be), your Lord said That is easy for Me (God): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (God), and it is a matter (already) decreed (by God).’” (Quran 19:16-21)

This fact, however, does not necessitate that Jesus is divine in essence or spirit, nor is he worthy of worship, for Adam’s existence was more miraculous than that of Jesus. If his miraculous birth were a proof that Jesus was God incarnate or His son, then Adam would have more right over this divinity than him. Rather, both are prophets who were inspired with revelation from God Almighty, and both were servants to Him living according to His commandments.

“Indeed, the likeness of Jesus with God is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, then He said to him: ‘Be!’ and he was.’” (Quran 3:59)

MIRACLE

Muslims, like Christians believe that Jesus performed miracles. These miracles were performed by the will and permission of God, Who has power and control over all things.
“Then will God say: ‘O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favor to you and to your mother. Behold! I strengthened you with the Holy Spirit (the angel Gabriel) so that you did speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught you the Book and Wisdom, the Torah and the Gospel. And behold: you make out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and you breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by My leave, and you heal those born blind, and the lepers by My leave. And behold! You bring forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to you) when you did show them the Clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: ‘This is nothing but evident magic.’” (Quran 5:110)

God sent all prophets with miracles specific to the nation to whom they were sent to prove the veracity of their message. These miracles were not performed of their own accord; rather, they were only manifest in their hands by God's will. The miracles performed by Jesus were no different. The Jews were well advanced in the field of medicine, and the miracles which Jesus brought were of this nature, proving the truth of His message and in order to convince the Jews.

HIS DIVINE

Muslims believe in the Absolute Oneness of God, Who is a Supreme Being free of human limitations, needs and wants. He has no partners in His Divinity. He is the Creator of everything and is completely separate from His creation, and all worship is to be directed towards Him alone.

This was the same message brought by all prophets of God, including Jesus. He never claimed any qualities of divinity, nor did he claim that he deserved to be worshipped. He did not say that he was the “son” of God or part of the “Trinity”, but rather that he was only a servant of God sent to the Jews to bring them back to the true religion, worshipping One God and following his instruction. The majority of the verses in the Quran which mention Jesus discuss this aspect. They prove that he was only taken as an object of worship as a result of lies which people invented against him. It confirms accounts of his life where Jesus himself clearly denies that he deserved any worship, and it supports the notion that the parables and examples which God has given showed his mortal nature, not his divinity or filial relationship to God.

God narrates of Jesus in the Quran:
“They have certainly disbelieved who say, ‘God is the Messiah, the son of Mary’ while the Messiah has said, ‘O Children of Israel, worship God, my Lord and your Lord...’” (Quran 5:72)
God says about the belief that Jesus is part of a “Trinity”:
“They have certainly disbelieved who say, ‘God is the third of three.’ (Rather) there is none worthy of worship except One (God). And if they do not desist from what they are saying, there will surely afflict the disbelievers among them a painful punishment. So will they not repent to God and seek His forgiveness? And God is Forgiving and Merciful. The Messiah (Jesus), son of Mary, was no more than a Messenger before whom many Messengers have passed away; and his mother adhered wholly to truthfulness, and they both ate food (as other mortals do). See how We make Our signs clear to them; and see where they are turning away!” (Quran 5:73-75)

And also:
“O People of the Book (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, and attribute to God nothing except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was only a Messenger of God, and His command that He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and in His Messengers, and do not say: ‘God is a Trinity.’ Give up this assertion; it would be better for you. For God is indeed (the only) One God. Far be it from His glory that He should have a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and in the earth. And God is sufficient for a guardian.” (Quran 4:171)
God deems this belief as an enormity against His Essence:
“And they say: ‘The Most Merciful (God) has taken (for Himself) a son.’ Assuredly you utter a hideous thing, whereby almost the heavens are torn, and the earth is split asunder and the mountains fall in ruins; That they ascribe unto the Most Merciful a son, when it is not suitable for (the Majesty of) the Most Merciful that He should take a son. There is none in the heavens and the earth but comes unto the Most Merciful as a slave.” (Quran 19:88-93)

On the Day of Judgment, Jesus again will free himself from this false attribution. God gives us a glimpse of what he will say when he is asked about why people worshipped him:

“And (beware the Day) when God will say, “O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, ‘Take me and my mother as deities besides God?’” He will say, ‘Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen. I said not to them except what you commanded me – to worship God, my Lord and your Lord…’” (Quran 5:116-117)

In these verses, God proclaims that ascribing to Jesus the attribute 'son of God' or 'part of a Trinity' is indeed a great blasphemy. The reason for this returns to the key fundamental assertion that God is Unique and unlike any of his creation; as well as in His Essence, He is Unique in His Divinity, His Attributes and His Lordship. All of the above make up the strict monotheism which He revealed in His Scriptures, from them the first of the Ten Commandments:
“I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” (Exodus 20:1-3)

Ascribing a son to God is in clear opposition to that principle for which He created the Creation and sent prophets. God says in the Quran:
“And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.” (Quran 51:56)

He also said:
“And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, (saying), ‘Worship God and avoid all false objects of worship…’” (Quran 16:36)
His Mission
As discussed earlier, the Quran clearly affirms that Jesus was a prophet, as well as the fact that he was no more than that. Prophets are indeed the best of creation. They are those whom God chooses to receive His revelation, yet at the same time, they are mere emissaries of God and do not deserve to receive worship. Jesus, as mentioned in the Quran, is no different than any of them in this respect.
Throughout the Quran, Jesus is identified fundamentally as a prophet of God sent to the Jews who had over time deviated from the teachings of Moses and other messengers.
“And (remember) when Jesus, son of Mary, said: ‘O Children of Israel, I am the Messenger of God sent to you, confirming the Torah (which came) before me...’” (Quran 61:6)

Jesus Christ, the son of Mary, was the last in the line of Jewish prophets. He lived according to the Torah, the Law of Moses, and taught his followers to do likewise. In Matthew 5:17-18, Jesus stated:
“Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the (way of) the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them.”
In this aspect, he and his message was no different than the previous prophets chosen by God, who all called to the worship of God and God alone, as well as to obedience to His commandments. As he was miraculously supported by God in his conception, birth, and childhood, he was also supported by numerous miracles to prove that he was a messenger from God. However, the majority of the Jews rejected his prophethood.

Not only did Jesus affirm the scriptures revealed before him, but he also foretold of another prophet to come after him. God says:
“And when Jesus, son of Mary, said: ‘O Children of Israel! Indeed I am the messenger of God unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who will come after me, whose name is the Praised One.’” (Quran 61:6)

This fact is also mentioned in the New Testament. Careful study shows that Jesus, peace be upon him, refers to the same prophet in John 14:16-17:
“And I will give you another Counselor (the Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him), to be with you forever, even the Spirit of Truth.”

HIS CRUCIFIXION

God clarified in the Quran that Jesus was not crucified; rather, it was made to seem that way to the Jews, and that God raised him to the Heavens. The Quran does not explain, though, who was the person crucified instead of Jesus, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him.

“…They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but (another) was made to resemble him to them…” (Quran 4:157)

“God lifted him up to His presence. God is Almighty, All-Wise.” (Quran 4:158)
As such, Islam denies that Jesus came to this earth with the purpose of sacrificing himself for the sin of Adam, Eve, and the rest of humanity, freeing them from its burden. Islam strictly rejects the notion that any person bears the sin of another. God says:
“No bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another.” (Quran 39:7)

Also, Islam stresses the notion that God is able to and forgive all sins, if a person truly repents and then refrains from repeating it. God does not need any blood sacrifice for that, let alone descend in the form of man himself and die for every man's sins. Rather, God’s mercy extends to all creatures, believers and disbelievers alike. The door to forgiveness is open to anyone who seeks it.

The Second Coming of Christ
As Christians do, Muslims also believe in the return of Jesus the Messiah to earth, although his role and reason for his return does differ from what the Christians propose. He will return to earth first and foremost to prove his mortality and refute the false beliefs people held about him. He will live a normal life, marry, and also die as any other human. At that point, the matter will be clear concerning him, and all people will have believed that he was truly mortal.

“There is not one of the People of the Scripture but will believe in him (Jesus) before his death, and on the Day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them.” (Quran 4: 159)
Jesus will also fight the false Christ, who will call people to the belief that he is God, and who will appear just before he returns. Jesus will defeat the antichrist, and all people will accept the true religion of God. The world will see a type of peace and serenity unfelt in history, all worshipping the same God, subservient to Him alone, and at peace with one another.

CONCLUSION

What has preceded was just a brief introduction to the truth which God revealed about Jesus in His final Book, the Quran, which he revealed to Muhammad. There is only One God who created one race of human beings and communicated to them one message: submission to the worship of God and God alone and following His instruction – known in Arabic as Islam. That message was conveyed to the first human beings on this earth, and reaffirmed by all of the prophets of God who came after them throughout all the ages.
Jesus Christ, born of the Virgin Mary, performed miracles and invited the Israelites to the same message of submission (Islam) as did all of the prophets who preceded him. He was not God, nor was he the ‘Son of God’, but was the Messiah, an illustrious prophet of God. Jesus did not invite people to worship himself; rather, he called them to worship God, Whom he himself worshipped. He confirmed the laws of the Torah which Prophet Moses taught; he lived by them, and instructed his disciples to follow them to the finest detail, after allowing those things which the Jews made illegal upon themselves. Before his departure, he informed his followers of the last prophet, Muhammad of Arabia, who would come after him, and instructed them to observe his teachings.
In the generations after Jesus’ departure from this world, his teachings were distorted and he was elevated to the status of God. Six centuries later, with the coming of Prophet Muhammad, the truth about Jesus Christ was finally retold and preserved eternally in the last book of divine revelation, the Quran. Furthermore, many of the laws of Moses, which Jesus followed, were revived in their pure and unadulterated form and implemented in the divinely prescribed way of life known as Islam, while many other aspects and injunctions of the laws which had been brought by the earlier prophets were lightened or dropped altogether.
Consequently, the reality of the prophets, their uniform message, and the way of life which they followed, can only be found preserved in the religion of Islam, the only religion prescribed by God for man. Furthermore, only Muslims today actually follow Jesus and his true teachings. Their way of life is much more in tune with the way of life Jesus practiced than any of the modern day “Christians.” Love and respect of Jesus Christ is an article of faith in Islam, and God stressed the importance of belief in Jesus in numerous places in the Quran.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by embodiment: 12:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
niceface:

Philippians 2:10
My bad...I must have typed it in a hurry
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by queenitee(f): 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
jericco1:

i thought you didn't answer the question correctly.
I did sir
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by AntiHater: 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
nwakibie3:
if it is topic that has to with islam u will be forced to agree to some terms about islam before u can comment on the thread but this one has to do with Christianity and everyone is free to comment without agreeing to some terms about Christianity. Nairaland mods una try. Back to the topic, That name JESUS is the name above every other name of which every knee must bow at the mention of it.

But honestly muslims don't derail Christian threads the way Christian do on Islam thread.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2016
zicoswagg:

Hope You Know You Won't Be Lonely In Hell?
so d best thing to do is condemn him is that wat Jesus taught u?
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Sall(m): 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
Emperor Constantine has really made this Christians to believe one name can take them to a fictional promise land.
ORDINARY NAME CHAIIII.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
I wonder how some Christians tends to win Christ for God wen all they do is to condemn those who doesn't believe their "God"... is that how u used to do. more than 70% of Christians don't know why n how they are Christians. they are just born into it. That's why most of them go to church for funny reasons, so to catch that fine bae, some to show off their new clothes. later dem go dey form.say bible say do not forsake d gathering... make una ride on...

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by katchycouture(f): 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2016
the name, the name of Jesus is greater and higher than all names, it is not an ordinary name, its a name that's full of power and praise
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by abusoultan(m): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
grin The man Jesus (pbuh) was ONLY sent to lost sheep of the house of Isreal.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Inkman(m): 12:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
Jesus! an exclamation in reaction to shock, disgust, pity, fear, pain etc.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by bengoodcreature: 12:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
Jesus is my life
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by phlexz: 12:54pm On Dec 18, 2016
Savior
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by mayorflexzy(m): 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2016
He is the savior of the world [color=#550000][/color]
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by MamaKs: 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2016
My Hero
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by musicwriter(m): 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
What Jesus means to me is someone who believes what he believes, no matter the situation. Never giving up on what you believe in, even if it would cost you your life. Believing in your cause till death. Even when hanged on the cross, ready to die, Jesus was still preaching his message!!. I've never seen this type of a human being!!.

Its not a surprise he was elevated to the status of a god and has been an inspiration to billions of people on this earth. People like Martin Luther king, Lord Nkrumah, Mandela, e.t.c have all drawn inspiration from Jesus.

Jesus deserves all the honour he gets.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by innobets(m): 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Jesus was the bastard son of an acclaimed
virgin whose mother used hypnotic powers to delude Joseph who is a responsible carpenter into thinking he met god and god told him to accept Mary and her unborn child

this child was named Jesus and his mother kept calling him son of god and this child deluded himself into believing it, he went around gathering 12 people who shared in his delusions
this made him talk anyhow and criticise anyone even destroying people's market one day, this inevitably led to him suffering from delusion of grandeur

his village people grew tired of his antics so decided to beat the crap out of him and hung him on the cross like they do common thieves in those days, he realised his folly and quickly asked god why he forsook him and even told his imaginary father to make the "cup pass over him", but since there's no god anywhere listening no one saved him and he died, his other disciples stole his body, claimed he rose from the dead and flew to heaven on the third day; even his mother that authored the delusion didn't see him

there are deluded people who believed this man died for their misdemeanors, they pray to this dead man everyday and cover themselves with the blood of this man

these people call themselves "Christians"

its a pity Nigeria has a huge population of people that believes a troublemaking carpenter suffering from delusion of grandeur

how can a Nigerian believe a Jew died for their sins when most of the people who saw him die didn't buy that? its like Americans claiming Murtala Mohammed died for their sins while Nigerians laugh at their delusions
from your comments I suspects u were born a Christian.
but think twice on the choice you made for yourself cus
....there is God ooooooooo
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Godstraight(m): 1:16pm On Dec 18, 2016
killsmith:
Jesus?....the reason Africa remains this way....
no,stop puting your misfortunes on someone that did not even, do your that more than 60& of Africans are Muslims, why the US grow so much despite being a Christian dominated country from its inception?
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Okeikpu(m): 1:21pm On Dec 18, 2016
It means slavery
But my daft brothers won't get it
You'll find it absolute difficult to see Westerners talk abt Jesus
Only those with their common sense will understand me

1 Like

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by pressplay411(m): 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Jesus was the bastard son of an acclaimed
virgin whose mother used hypnotic powers to delude Joseph who is a responsible carpenter into thinking he met god and god told him to accept Mary and her unborn child

this child was named Jesus and his mother kept calling him son of god and this child deluded himself into believing it, he went around gathering 12 people who shared in his delusions
this made him talk anyhow and criticise anyone even destroying people's market one day, this inevitably led to him suffering from delusion of grandeur

his village people grew tired of his antics so decided to beat the crap out of him and hung him on the cross like they do common thieves in those days, he realised his folly and quickly asked god why he forsook him and even told his imaginary father to make the "cup pass over him", but since there's no god anywhere listening no one saved him and he died, his other disciples stole his body, claimed he rose from the dead and flew to heaven on the third day; even his mother that authored the delusion didn't see him

there are deluded people who believed this man died for their misdemeanors, they pray to this dead man everyday and cover themselves with the blood of this man

these people call themselves "Christians"

its a pity Nigeria has a huge population of people that believes a troublemaking carpenter suffering from delusion of grandeur

how can a Nigerian believe a Jew died for their sins when most of the people who saw him die didn't buy that? its like Americans claiming Murtala Mohammed died for their sins while Nigerians laugh at their delusions

So much hatred you spill bruh chill.
The name is sacred and a beam of hope to many.
No need to desecrate the belief system of some if you choose not to believe.
Just like you I'm not a strong believer of religion but that doesn't mean I should disrespect it.
All I ask if if truly all these religious myths are true why no proof to back it up in our time?
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by nwakibie3(m): 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
AntiHater:

But honestly muslims don't derail Christian threads the way Christian do on Islam thread.

jst check out this particular thread and u will understand what am talking about
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by bestspoke: 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
orunto27:
That I'm born of Mary and The Holy Spirit and not of Eve and the Serpent.
very deep words...yet no one noticed this

1 Like

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by nurusystem(m): 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2016
embodiment:
The name Jesus in hebrew means savior. There are times when I go through seemingly difficult situation, I know have a savior who is there to bring rescue and salvage me from the situation. He is my present help in the time of trouble. He assured me that even if I work through fire, it won't burn me.
The name Jesus means a strong tower. Proverbs18:10 says 'The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe'. In other words the name Jesus is a safe
haven.
The name Jesus is potent. It is efficacious It has the ability to cause changes. Philippians3:10 '...that at the name of jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things in earth, and things under the earth...'

What are you calling Jesus..God or Son.which one, isiah 40 vs25 “To whom then will you liken Me, Or to whom shall I be equal?” says the Holy
One.
God is one not two

Mathew 21 vs 10 : 11
10 And when He had come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, “Who is this?”
11 So the multitudes said, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth of Galilee.” Jesus Cleanses the Temple

Jesus is a prophet same way with moses Abraham

Jesus name is classically 'Yeshua' so if he com and you shout Jesus he wont answer you because thats not is real name..Jesus is white man morndernise name change,instead of living Yeshua they now put Jesus by mordernising to make it sound foreign by those translator..
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Rebuke: 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
Say what you want, believe what you want but one thing is sure, very sure.....Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

He died because of your sins, my sins and the entire universe, so that we all can be saved.

The name of Jesus Christ is a strong tower, the righteous run into it and they are saved.

Even demons tremble at the sound of that name.

Say what ever you like JESUS is reAL!!!!
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by gevans(m): 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2016
Saviour
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by gevans(m): 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2016
everything, I can't just count them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rev Father Kelvin Ugwu: Understanding The Significance Of First Fruit And Tithes / Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? / My Visions Of Celestial Beings, Heaven And The End Time Revival.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.