Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? (16358 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? / "His Name Is Not Jesus" - Daddy Freeze Condemns The Name 'Jesus' / What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
Pdizzle:

You no well i swear grin
But really he could be a fictional character, considering that he was mentioned by just two historians, and Emperor constatine who was a pagan invented a lot of history about Christianity with some Flavour from other present pagan religions at that time, to create a universal state religion.

Na so!

Africa don dey shine eyes small small
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2016
seunlly:

Early morning madness.
How could u be so dumb to describe a mighty man in battle like that.
If u don't know anything him then you keep mute rather than wasting your sibling battery and MB.
dumb?

you are the dumb one that believes a Jewish folklore carpenter killed by 3 nails in a small village in far away Israel died for your sins

its a big insult to your ancestors

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2016
Proffdada:
have you ever thought the energy behind your consciousness (soul) won't be destroyed but transformed to another state (afterlife) when your body dies?
Or there's higher intelligence in greater dimensions?

there's no proof for afterlife

stop taking dishonest advantage of our knowledge gaps
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Musharraf: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2016

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Proffdada: 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Pascal's Wager?

let me educate you

What a full-blown analysis of Pascal's Wager will actually lead you to conclude is this: "Find the deity who claims the most fiendish, grisly, excruciating, horrible tortures imaginable for disbelieving in him and give him your unswerving allegiance forever and ever, or that's what'll befall you! "

It results in a race to the bottom to see which "spiritual" huckster can come up with the most imaginatively and persuasively sadistic deity — a veritable carnival of carnage in the ongoing evolutionary contest for the hearts and minds of the gullible.

let me ask you, "If I tell you I will kill you unless you believe that 1+1=3, you may tell me that 1+1=3 just to save your life, but you won't actually believe it. Thus the Wager fails." Unless, of course, God can be impressed by atheists who merely pretend to believe so that they can avoid punishment.

So many people treat Pascal's Wager like the ultimate 'gotcha' that I have to wonder: Has it ever worked? Has there ever been someone who responded with "You're right! It is safer to believe! I will believe from now on! Thank you for saving my immortal soul!" Do these Pascal purveyors even care if anyone is convinced or not? Or is it another case of preaching to the choir? They can pat each other on the back and say "Ha ha, good one!"

Pascal's Wager rarely works on the outsider; it can only scare Christians from becoming atheists not make an atheist become Christian
don't bother making lengthy argument, you've got a whole eternity with the devil grin

1 Like

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
mekuso89:

OK you've made your own point clear. but still may God have mercy on you

I don't need his useless mercy, where was that mercy when the metal bars started raining down on the innocent worshippers?

he's better of directing his mercies at those that need it

1 Like

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Proffdada: 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2016

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2016
Proffdada:
don't bother making lengthy argument, you've got a whole eternity with the devil grin

devil, Lucifer, Satan, Demons don't exist either cool
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by KingSango(m): 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
macof:
first of all, the man if he ever existed( thoiugh i think he did, just not how the bible portrays) never beared the name 'Jesus'

jesus is a fake name attached due to errors in transliteration

There is no JESUS CHRIST.

There's mounting evidence that this story is a complete frabrication of Romans now known as Italians. Also their Astromony and Cosmosology is fake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Proffdada: 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

there's no proof for afterlife

stop taking dishonest advantage of our knowledge gaps
I'm sorry, I thought you were created
I never knew you descended from ape grin
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Sagacity07: 4:37pm On Dec 18, 2016
Dc4life:
It means nothing to me, He's just a fictional character created by the Romans at the council of Nicea in AD 325

If you'll attack me... come at me with facts undecided

Lol....I don't intend attacking you....but just so you know the bible is the most corroborated book supported by many other documents till date. Jesus was an historical figure that existed......if you truly want to learn, read about the documents and facts that verify the existence of characters in the bible...u do not judge by reading one side of an argument.....read about the veracity of the bible then prove the supporting facts are wrong. Wish you Luck.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Proffdada: 4:37pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

devil, Lucifer, Satan, Demons don't exist either cool

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2016
Proffdada:

I'm sorry, I thought you were created
I never knew you descended from ape grin
False Dichotomy Fallacy

hint: I don't accept evolution either

but you, you gave your ancestors the middle finger by saying a Jewish Tribal Deity created you

you dumped Olodumare, Obatala, Oduduwa for a Jewish god

your new god resides in Israel, likes mount Horeb and you fervently wait and hope for a new Jerusalem

can't you see the idiocy of it all?

I hope Africa extricates itself from the grips of this inferiority complex and I can only play my part which I'm doing

1 Like

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 4:41pm On Dec 18, 2016
[quote author=Proffdada post=52043889][/quote]

type words and let me poke more holes in your delusion by destroying every point you think you're making

memes are lazy
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
Sagacity07:

Lol....I don't intend attacking you....but just so you know the bible is the most corroborated book supported by many other documents till date. Jesus was an historical figure that existed......if you truly want to learn, read about the documents and facts that verify the existence of characters in the bible...u do not judge by reading one side of an argument.....read about the veracity of the bible then prove the supporting facts are wrong. Wish you Luck.

yeah, you're right bro

that explains why the Jews don't regard Jesus as the Messiah, they read the bible properly and witnessed it unlike you that had tales told retold, revised, summarised, retold many times over and handed over to you

but you must be more correct than those that saw Jesus die, Amirite?

1 Like

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Sagacity07: 4:46pm On Dec 18, 2016
KingSango:

There is no JESUS CHRIST.

There's mounting evidence that this story is a complete frabrication of Romans now known as Italians. Also their Astromony and Cosmosology is fake.

Have you heard of Josephus, if so, so josephus the historian connived with the romans to create such myth.......if you as a fisherman 7000 years ago were told that one day, man would fly, would you believe? Humility to "hear" (read) supporting evidences for the scripture and prove them wrong is one problem I have with atheists. RESEARCH AND PROVE THAT THE SUPPORTING EVIDENCES FOR THE SCRIPTURE ARE A HOAX, THEN WE WILL GO FROM THERE.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Pokermon: 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

and here I am producing carbon dioxides for the trees to use too

sir, youre full of sh1t- if i press your head, sh1t will come out.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
HCpaul:

Lovely writeup my brother.

Don't just mind those biblical terms that they are using on you like lost soul, demon, and bla bla....

I recently saw a message on my phone where a Nigerian christian was introducing me to the Jewish dude's birthday.

thanks brother
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Proffdada: 4:49pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

False Dichotomy Fallacy

hint: I don't accept evolution either

but you, you gave your ancestors the middle finger by saying a Jewish Tribal Deity created you

you dumped Olodumare, Obatala, Oduduwa for a Jewish god

your new god resides in Israel, likes mount Horeb and you fervently wait and hope for a new Jerusalem

can't you see the idiocy of it all?

I hope Africa extricates itself from the grips of this inferiority complex and I can only play my part which I'm doing
ooook
You're a paganist grin
Experience is something that is really strong to classify ranks in supernatural realm. And you, my friend, are at the bottom of the food chain
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
Pokermon:

sir, youre full of sh1t- if i press your head, sh1t will come out.
let the butthurt flow through you
when you've calmed down, do the following
1. take a cold shower
2. take hot coffee
3. sit alone and ponder the question I'll ask
"if my god exists, why would I be the one to get angry for him?"

1 Like

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Sagacity07: 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
Gradually I am becoming inclined to consider that an atheist (in nigeria) only reinforces his belief in atheism without considering/researching the solidity, historically and evidentially of their faith (christian). They seem to want to be free from the shackles of religion but the other ideology that got to them first was atheism.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2016
Proffdada:
ooook
You're a paganist grin
Experience is something that is really strong to classify ranks in supernatural realm. And you, my friend, are at the bottom of the food chain

I'm not a paganist, I'm an atheist

I dumped all gods unlike you that dumped your forefather's gods for a foreign one

you're have an African body but a foreign mind, the Bible was not written to you, for you or by you; if it were, Romans 1:5 would be Igbo 1:5, 1 Corinthians 3:5 would be 1 Yoruba 3:5

your god is god of Israel, he has nothing to do with Nigeria

extricate yourself from this mental slavery
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Sagacity07: 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

yeah, you're right bro

that explains why the Jews don't regard Jesus as the Messiah, they read the bible properly and witnessed it unlike you that had tales told retold, revised, summarised, retold many times over and handed over to you

but you must be more correct than those that saw Jesus die, Amirite?

Clean discourse....my bro, good u know this, my question is did the bible document about 2000 years ago the fact that they did not accept him? Yes. U know that. Then I am sure you know that the jews actually regard jesus till this day as a prophet meaning the miracles recorded are true.....what they currently reject is the fact that he is God's son. I hope u are also aware of this?
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Pokermon: 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

let the butthurt flow through you

when you've calmed down, do the following

1. take a cold shower

2. take hot coffee

3. sit alone and ponder the question I'll ask

"if my god exists, why would I be the one to get angry for him?"

You failed- just like your dads condom..
i am not angry for him, i'm angry cos you momma shouldve swallowed you.
i'm sure she'll regret having a fcked-up shit like you as a son.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2016
Pokermon:

You failed- just like your dads condom..
i am not angry for him, i'm angry cos you momma shouldve swallowed you.
i'm sure she'll regret having a fcked-up shit like you as a son.

you're angry for your god

you're fighting for him

haven't you thought why its humans that's doing the talking and fighting for their god?

shouldn't that god fight for himself?

I'm here to make you think critically and question your belief that you most likely got through indoctrination and fear

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by klevotino: 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

deluded person calling me blind for poking holes in his delusion
you gave taken oshogo weed under sun, i pity you, your brain don they shake...
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2016
Sagacity07:

Clean discourse....my bro, good u know this, my question is did the bible document about 2000 years ago the fact that they did not accept him? Yes. U know that. Then I am sure you know that the jews actually regard jesus till this day as a prophet meaning the miracles recorded are true.....what they currently reject is the fact that he is God's son. I hope u are also aware of this?

okay?
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Proffdada: 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

type words and let me poke more holes in your delusion by destroying every point you think you're making

memes are lazy
memes are fragrance of my erudition, a word in this case memes is enough for the wise grin
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
klevotino:
you gave taken oshogo weed under sun, i pity you, your brain don they shake...

I don't smoke, I'm simply here to poke holes in your delusions and let natural curiosity take over from there
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by Pokermon: 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you're angry for your god

you're fighting for him

haven't you thought why its humans that's doing the talking and fighting for their god?

shouldn't that god fight for himself?

I'm here to make you think critically and question your belief that you most likely got through indoctrination and fear

I'd love to shop but i aint buying your bullsh!t.
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by hopefulLandlord: 5:11pm On Dec 18, 2016
Pokermon:

I'd love to shop but i aint buying your bullsh!t.
of course, that explains why you're getting angry for him
Re: What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You? by freethinker01: 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
Lol grin grin I sight u hopefulLanlord. You've been showing the religionists how stupid their belief is.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cross River Government Bans Religious Gathering Of More Than 5 People / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? / Visit To Sultan; CAN Accuses Kerry Of Bias (premium Times)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.