Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? (3438 Views)

My Husband Is So Obsessed With S3x, I Need Help, Woman Cries Out In Tears / Why Are Girls Of Nowadays So Obsessed With Guys With Cars? / Help, An Older Lady Is Obsessed With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 18, 2016
I just don't get the obsession lots of women seem to have with Snapchat. . Why do lots of girls seem to love it? I personally think it's annoying. You get girls asking you (in exited fashion):

'are you on Snapchat?'

I just can't get into it whatsoever. I tried (I felt like I must try it before dissing it and that I can't be a dinosaur; I should 'embrace' this new method of communication), but I just ended up hating it. A huge waste of time. >:

What's the whole attraction?

#YOLO

1 Share

Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by dingbang(m): 11:48am On Dec 18, 2016
Airstarkane
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by dingbang(m): 11:49am On Dec 18, 2016
The more a lady is obsessed with social media apps, the dumber she becomes

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by AirstarKane(f): 11:51am On Dec 18, 2016
Yes! Can I help you. Well,i can't comment cos I am not on any social media.is that ok? winkI have no idea what's happening there.
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by fulaniHERDSman(m): 11:52am On Dec 18, 2016
People who spend so much time on such social medium are always unreasonable and unrealistic. cool
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by RoyalBlak007: 11:53am On Dec 18, 2016
.they love fancy.
shít..
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 18, 2016
dingbang:

Wrong. False deduction. Flawed generalization.

And why is it that most of you guys on NL, especially on this section, are quick to call ladies dumb, or make reference to them implying how dumb they are or will become, as if you are the ones who are smart? I find it both funny and exasperating.

So, what happens when a guy becomes obsessed with social media apps? Because I know guys who are obsessed with Twitter and Instagram.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by dingbang(m): 11:57am On Dec 18, 2016
Xensity:

And why is it that most of you guys on NL, especially on this section, are quick to call ladies dumb, or make reference to them, implying how dumb they are or will become, as if you are the ones who are smart? I find it both funny and exasperating.

So, what happens when a guy becomes obsessed with social media apps? Because I know guys who are obsessed with Twitter and Instagram.
oh really, it takes one to know his kind wink
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by falconey(m): 11:59am On Dec 18, 2016
dingbang:

can the same be said for telemundo addiction?
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by dingbang(m): 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
falconey:

can the same thing be said for telemundo addiction?
yes
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by falconey(m): 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
dingbang:
yes

i will tell Amaka I hope we no go break up.
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by NicoBoo(m): 12:04pm On Dec 18, 2016
Have you seen what snapchat filters can do to yo eyes in pics ??

trust me if u have,you`d never think of deleting it cool wink
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by dingbang(m): 12:04pm On Dec 18, 2016
falconey:

[color=#990000][/color]
let me do the telling

1 Like

Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:
People who spend so much time on such social medium are always unreasonable and unrealistic. cool

No offense, but where do you guys get your brains from? I am curious.
What's unreasonable and unrealistic about people that spend lots of time on social media? What's the correlation? There are a ton of reasons why anyone would spend so much time on social media, that doesn't imply the person is unreasonable or unrealistic.

Did it ever occur to you that there are people who make a living from social media, and hence spend a lot of time on it? Is Linda Ikeji unreasonable and unrealistic because she spends a lot of time on social media? How about lalasticlaala? Is he also unreasonable and unrealistic?
How about people that advertise their products, businesses and themselves on social media, to help enhance their social and financial status, and hence improve their quality of life on the this earth? Are they also unreasonable and unrealistic?

You see the thing is, thinking carefully before speaking or writing, is actually a virtue, and people like you don't possess it.
You don't just confidently make inane comments, and put an emoji in front of it that makes it seem like you made a lot of sense, without examining the validity and plausibility of such comments. Only dumb people do that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
dingbang:
oh really, it takes one to know his kind wink

You didn't answer my question. What happens to a guy when he becomes obsessed with social media apps?
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by iamphotoshoot(m): 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2016
You know, Op.

Its not easy to have your inner self as a filter. undecided

God<<---
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 18, 2016
Xensity:

No offense, but where do you guys get your brains from? I am curious.
What's unreasonable and unrealistic about people that spend lots of time on social media? What's the correlation? There are a ton of reasons why anyone would spend so much time on social media, that doesn't imply the person is unreasonable or unrealistic.

Did it ever occur to you that there are people who make a living from social media, and hence spend a lot of time on it? Is Linda Ikeji unreasonable and unrealistic because she spends a lot of time on social media? How about lalasticlaala? Is he also unreasonable and unrealistic?
How about people that advertise their products, businesses and themselves on social media, to help enhance their social and financial status, and hence improve their quality of life on the this earth? Are they also unreasonable and unrealistic?

You see the thing is, thinking carefully before speaking or writing, is actually a virtue, and people like you don't possess it.
You don't just confidently make inane comments, and put an emoji in front of it that makes it seem like you made a lot of sense, without examining the validity and plausibility of such comments. Only dumb people do that.

YOUNG MAN WE KNOW OUR GIRLS ARE NOT INTO SOCIAL MEDIA FOR BUSINESS.LALA WORKS FOR NL LINDA OWNS LIB....ONE GIRL WHO COULDN'T PASS JAMB WILL BE ON FB, TWITTER, INSTA, SNAP WETIN DEY HAPPEN

WHEN BBM DEY REIGN FEW YEARS BACK NASO GIRLS CARRY AM FOR HEAD...GUYS HARDLY GO CRAZY OVER THESE THINGS

Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2016
I so much hate the doc and flower filters. It's more annoying when you see some fvckboys using flower and dog filters. Like that shittt so gay brov. TF is wrong with some biytch nigz?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
Not only ladies, guys too

I have a dark-skinned friend who did this dog stuff.....By the time He was through, He looked just like an Alsatian Dog

1 Like

Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2016
On a very serious note it's not a joking stuff at allllll! my Lil sis just came back from school and she has snapchatted* everything wey dey our house grin from old pictures to chairs to kitchen,my Lil Bro's artworks,our Dog e.t.c grin

Snapchat definitely has a spirit
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by TrapHedges(m): 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2016
so they can.. : snapchat me the pussy if it's cool!
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2016
AnthonioAlsaid:

YOUNG MAN WE KNOW OUR GIRLS ARE NOT INTO SOCIAL MEDIA FOR BUSINESS.LALA WORKS FOR NL LINDA OWNS LIB....ONE GIRL WHO COULDN'T PASS JAMB WILL BE ON FB, TWITTER, INSTA, SNAP WETIN DEY HAPPEN

WHEN BBM DEY REIGN FEW YEARS BACK NASO GIRLS CARRY AM FOR HEAD...GUYS HARDLY GO CRAZY OVER THESE THINGS

Isn't linda also a girl? There are other girls like linda. The girl that owns Talktobella is a girl. The girl that owns ConfessionNG is a girl. Misstechy is a girl. The girl who owns Bellanaija is a girl. Dominique is a girl. Don't they also fit into the category of these "our girls" who you claim don't use social media to make a living.

The girl who couldn't pass jamb but spends so much time on social media isn't a representative of every Nigerian girl. That's the gripe I have with comments like yours. It stems from a noisome pit of generalization.

And most of the girls you claim spend a lot of time on social media, do so because guys like you act as the incentives. You are the ones that stalk them on social media and like their pictures immediately they post them. You are the ones that follow them on twitter and Instagram, and privately message them explaining how sexy they are and how you'd want to go out with them. These things massage their egos and enhances their self esteem, which invariably makes them happy. Anyone would go crazy over something that persistently makes them happy. Maybe they wouldn't be so crazy about social media if you guys just ignored them. But you guys can't, can you?

And these girls are just catching fun, making friends, killing boredom, and trying to improve their perception of themselves. That's why the ones who don't use social media to improve their financial status spend a lot of time on it. A lot of guys, both the ones who have jobs and the jobless ones also spend an unwholesome amount of time watching football, but do ladies post threads on romance section complaining about it? No. So I don't see why you should, given theirs is more healthy and more objectively beneficial than yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
Same reason monkeys are obsessed with banana.
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2016
Xensity:

Isn't linda also a girl? There are other girls like linda. The girl that owns Talktobella is a girl. The girl that owns ConfessionNG is a girl. Misstechy is a girl. The girl who owns Bellanaija is a girl. Dominique is a girl. Don't they also fit into the category of these "our girls" who you claim don't use social media to make a living.

The girl who couldn't pass jamb but spends so much time on social media isn't a representative of every Nigerian girl. That's the gripe I have with comments like yours. It stems from a noisome pit of generalization.

And most of the girls you claim spend a lot of time on social media, do so because guys like you act as the incentives. You are the ones that stalk them on social media and like their pictures immediately they post them. You are the ones that follow them on twitter and Instagram, and privately message them explaining how sexy they are and how you'd want to go out with them. These things massage their egos and enhances their self esteem, which invariably makes them happy. Anyone would go crazy over something that persistently makes them happy. Maybe they wouldn't be so crazy about social media if you guys just ignored them. But you guys can't, can you?

And these girls are just catching fun, making friends, killing boredom, and trying to improve their perception of themselves. That's why the ones who don't use social media to improve their financial status spend a lot of time on it. A lot of guys, both the ones who have jobs and the jobless ones also spend an unwholesome amount of time watching football, but do ladies post threads on romance section complaining about it? No. So I don't see why you should, given theirs is more healthy and more objectively beneficial than yours.

SORRY CAN'T READ THIS LONG THING DID A LOT OF BIBLE READING IN CHURCH TODAY...ABEG NOR VEX
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2016
Xensity:

And why is it that most of you guys on NL, especially on this section, are quick to call ladies dumb, or make reference to them, implying how dumb they are or will become, as if you are the ones who are smart? I find it both funny and exasperating.

You have time sha...grin

lecturing dimwits... undecided
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 18, 2016
Estharfabian:
You have time sha...grin

lecturing dimwits... undecided

They are not dimwits actually. Maybe an intellectual scale just right above dimwit, and a few scales below smart. An actual dimwit wouldn't be able to use a phone, let alone access the internet.
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2016
AnthonioAlsaid:

SORRY CAN'T READ THIS LONG THING DID A LOT OF BIBLE READING IN CHURCH TODAY...ABEG NOR VEX

No problem. I understand. Actually, I was surprised you could even read at all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
Xensity:

They are not dimwits actually. Maybe an intellectual scale just right above dimwit, and a few scales below smart. An actual dimwit wouldn't be able to use a phone, let alone access the internet.

Okay, Pause..!!!

Do you take everything this seriously? Cause I'm A bit Bemused.... shockedshocked

Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2016
Xensity:

No problem. I understand. Actually, I was surprised you could even read at all.

OH MAN I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS, BUT IF YOU WANNA CRY cry cry cry

BRUHAHA grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
Estharfabian:

Okay, Pause..!!!

Do you take everything this seriously? Cause I'm A bit Bemused.... shockedshocked

Why are you bemused? I said what I said in jest. I wasn't really being serious.
Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 18, 2016
Xensity:

Why are you bemused? I said what I said in jest. I wasn't really being serious.

Eh, Great!

do your thang... smiley

Re: Why Are Girls So Obsessed With Snapchat? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
AnthonioAlsaid:

OH MAN I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS, BUT IF YOU WANNA CRY cry cry cry

BRUHAHA grin grin grin grin grin

You are not funny. Not even slightly. You are never going to get a more honest reply. Just stop, please. Practically stop engaging in any attempt at humour. You suck at it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Guys Scared Of Dating Cele Girls ? / My Nysc Girlfriend Would Not Let Me Go / This Is Absolutely True (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.