Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship (10184 Views)

The South African Twins That Are Married To One Man / She Constantly Ignored His DM On Instagram For 3years! Now They Are Married / They Met In Lagos Traffic, Now They Are Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 10:08pm On Dec 19, 2016
Horlohlah:
We are saying the same thing,i only reiterated your point. The man chooses to assume and not communicate...it goes hand in hand. Lack of communication-Overthinking-Assumption.

Lolz owk wink

Welcome to The COB.
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by Horlohlah: 10:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
TheCOB:

Lolz owk wink
Welcome to The COB.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by Jayson1: 10:14pm On Dec 19, 2016
TheCOB:

Exactly!
Before you know it, the spark is gone
Let's do this again some other time. Many thanks to you.

Sleep well.
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 10:18pm On Dec 19, 2016
Jayson1:
Let's do this again some other time. Many thanks to you.

Sleep well.

Sure we would wink
More thanks to you though smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by LoRdCaT(m): 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
TheCOB:

You sure seem to be enjoying this 'disturbance'. wink
You compliment is welcome smiley
Enjoying? Pfft! Nigress you are boring the shitt outta me. This shitt is annoying. How can i compliment this boring malarkey? Do you live off compliments? It's glaring you do. undecided
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 6:57am On Dec 20, 2016
Top of a very beautiful morning to everyone! I hope we all had a great night. kiss kiss

Let's remember: Lasting love is a reality that takes two determined hearts in love to make it happen.

Don't give up just yet, Let's talk about it.
Yea, what if it doesn't work.... But what if it does? wink
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by Sexytemi(f): 8:44am On Dec 20, 2016
Jayson1:
Brilliant ladies like Benita27, Beamborla, Raine80, Diddydiva, Butterfrost, mhisbliss,(though she can be stubborn but very brilliant) Laveda, Rosaliene, Sexytemi and a host of others can be of help here.

okay
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 8:49am On Dec 20, 2016
Sexytemi:

okay

Welcome to The COB.

Thanks for stopping by.... Please share your thoughts and experiences too. smiley
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 10:21am On Dec 20, 2016
Thanks to those who have sent PMs. As we go through the sessions, please don't forget to keep the thread updated with our progress so others get encouraged to do same.
Thanksabunch
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by Beamborla(f): 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
Jayson1:

Very sweet of you to have mentioned me but I'm afraid I'm not much of an authority when it comes to romance.

Nevertheless, I'd tie everything down to communication... Not just communication, but effective and honest communication.

In addition, you have no business dating someone you can't or do not trust.
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
Beamborla:

Very sweet of you to have mentioned me but I'm afraid I'm not much of an authority when it comes to romance.

Nevertheless, I'd tie everything down to communication... Not just communication, but effective and honest communication.

In addition, you have no business dating someone you can't or do not trust.

Thanks for dropping by dear.
Welcome to The COB!

Please share, what would you term effective communication in a relationship?
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by Beamborla(f): 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:
Next, you mentioned lack of communication.
Indeed this is a key player in the breakdown of many relationships.

But the question is: Why and How does the communication flow break down in relationships?

Toyin loves to talk to Nkem about all the tiny details of her day. She would go from the neighbor that snored all afternoon, to Mama Ada who came visiting and Tope's husband who can't seem to walk without dragging his feet. Nkem would listen and even occasionally nod from time to time, but he would never share about his own day. This isn't really because of anything negative, but because Nkem just prefers to talk less.
After a while, Toyin begins to feel like the talkative in the relationship. She assumes that perhaps Nkem's lack of gist is because he is bored by her endless talks. So she tries to make 'adjustments', albeit adjustments that are uncalled for. She consciously picks out the stories to share and the ones to keep to herself assuming in doing so that she is sparing him some drama.
But the truth is: Gisting about all those tiny details are what glows the spark for Toyin and she is slowly losing it. Before long she no longer feels that surge of excitement to burst out info to Nkem.
Definitely, he notices that she is no longer sharing all her tiny details with him, she is more withdrawn these days..... He thinks "Maybe she is tired.... Or there could be someone else......." Slowly and subconsciously he withdraws...
Before any of us can spell Jack, the walls of that relationship is fast cracking. The diagnosis given at first glance is "Lack of communication".

But was it really? Or wasn't there something else influencing the end product?
Communication is not all about talking about random activities, ma'am. There are people who talk less but still communicate effectively with their partners. Communication in relationships is more about putting everything about the relationship into words and backing it by actions where necessary to eliminate wrong assumptions/conclusions.

If they had been having effective communication, she would have understood his type of person instead of assuming.
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by Jayson1: 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2016
Beamborla:

In addition, you have no business dating someone you can't or do not trust
But my friend with an extreme self-confidience will disagree with you on that @the bolded. He finds trust as a weak emotion.

BTW, you're welcome. cool

1 Like

Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2016
Beamborla:

Communication is not all about talking about random activities, ma'am. There are people who talk less but still communicate effectively with their partners. Communication in relationships is more about putting everything about the relationship into words and backing it by actions where necessary to eliminate wrong assumptions/conclusions.

If they had been having effective communication, she would have understood his type of person instead of assuming.

My question was unrelated to the earlier discussion which you quoted. It was in no way to discredit your comment.

I only asked to get you into the conversation by sharing your thoughts and so since you had mentioned effective communication, I asked that you expatiate on it.
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by Beamborla(f): 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

Thanks for dropping by dear.
Welcome to The COB!

Please share, what would you term effective communication in a relationship?

Communication is not effective when the sender and the receiver do not have a shared meaning. There are lots of things involved in communication from tone of voice to body language to body posture to eye contact down to choice of words. Even the environment and mood have roles to play. All of these can either enhance or distort the decoding of a message by the receiver.

You have not communicated effectively if the receiver is unable to decode the message you are sending better than you meant it or just as you meant it.

I'm trying to explain this without going into mass communication jargons. Simply put, if the receiver is not on the same page with you the sender, then effective communication is yet to talk place
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by Beamborla(f): 1:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

My question was unrelated to the earlier discussion which you quoted. It was in no way to discredit your comment.

I only asked to get you into the conversation by sharing your thoughts and so since you had mentioned effective communication, I asked that you expatiate on it.
I don't know how to reply this.

But I just answered your question.
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 1:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
Beamborla:

Communication is not effective when the sender and the receiver do not have a shared meaning. There are lots of things involved in communication from tone of voice to body language to body posture to eye contact down to choice of words. Even the environment and mood have roles to play. All of these can either enhance or distort the decoding of a message by the receiver.

You have not communicated effectively if the receiver is unable to decode the message you are sending better than you meant it or just as you meant it.

I'm trying to explain this without going into mass communication jargons. Simply put, if the receiver is not on the same page with you the sender, then effective communication is yet to talk place

Oshey! cheesy wink

True. Different couples have different communication styles. It becomes effective only when both parties are fully in tune with each other leaving no room for negative assumptions. Infact an intoned couple should be able to discuss their thoughts (and assumptions) freely which other
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
Beamborla:

I don't know how to reply this.

But I just answered your question.

Lol yea... Just saw your response now smiley
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by Beamborla(f): 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
Jayson1:
But my friend with an extreme self-confidience will disagree with you on that @the bolded. He finds trust as a weak emotion.

BTW, you're welcome. cool
Then how does he live? In constant paranoia? That's unhealthy.
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 1:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
Beamborla:
That's unhealthy.

Absolutely
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by sexymoma(f): 1:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
He hardly pick my calls and he calls back at his own convenient
TBH i've stopped deceiving myself, i've concluded in my mind that.....
he hardly pick my calls at night, if i should talk he'll tell me im suspecting him or sort
how can i have a bf that i can't jos call anytime i feel like...
that's why i don't date made men, your opinion doesn't count, and they form busy everytime...
you see why im scared, it's difficult for me to bliv he doesn't have a gf, Why? cos i met this guy as a made guy.
he has his own apartment as in nor be say he buy ooo, he has two cars already.. pls tell me why i won't think of such..
it's only a Gold digger that wouldn't bother, cos her thought would be make i chop wetin i wan chop comot dia.
pls my fellow nlander abeg make una advice me..
ok let me tell you this.. i called him on saturday, that i'll be coming to his place, he didn't pick my calls and he didnt even call back
same thing on sunday....do you guys bliv he later later called on monday afternoon that he has been so busy... he said he was gonna call back
phew!! till this moment he hasn't... i didn't call him too cos it's been looking as if im bugging him.
Bliv me i love him so much i won't deny that buh you know why i wanna trust him alil?... he isn't a sex freak type.
just want you guys to tell me what i wanna hear or what i don't wanna hear
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
sexymoma:
he hardly pick my calls at night, if i should talk he'll tell me im suspecting him or sort
that's why i don't date made men, your opinion doesn't count, and they form busy everytime...
you see why im scared, it's difficult for me to bliv he doesn't have a gf, Why? cos i met this guy as a made guy.
he has his own apartment as in nor be say he buy ooo, he has two cars already.. pls tell me why i won't think of such..
it's only a Gold digger that wouldn't bother, cos her thought would be make i chop wetin i wan chop comot dia.
ok let me tell you this.. i called him on saturday, that i'll be coming to his place, he didn't pick my calls and he didnt even call back
same thing on sunday....do you guys bliv he later later called on monday afternoon that he has been so busy... he said he was gonna call back
phew!! till this moment he hasn't... i didn't call him too cos it's been looking as if im bugging him.
Bliv me i love him so much i won't deny that buh you know why i wanna trust him alil?... he isn't a sex freak type.

Even before I read through your story,

I'd just like to say a hearty thank you for sharing with us.

Welcome to The COB

Let's do this together wink
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by Jayson1: 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
Beamborla:

Then how does he live? In constant paranoia? That's unhealthy.
Sometimes I do see him as someone with mental disorder marked by memory failures but there's nothing i can do to help his condition.

*I wonder how he's girlfriend feel at this.
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by Beamborla(f): 1:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
Jayson1:
Sometimes I do see him as someone with mental disorder marked by memory failures but there's nothing i can do to help his condition.

If she's aware of how he feels, then no use wondering. She's either strong enough or stupid enough.
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by Jayson1: 1:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
Beamborla:

If she's aware of how he feels, then no use wondering. She's either strong enough or stupid enough.
So you see, he feels comfortably stupid dating a lady he don't trust. And the airhead mgbeke can do anything for my nigga.
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by sexymoma(f): 1:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

Even before I read through your story,

I'd just like to say a hearty thank you for sharing with us.

Welcome to The COB

Let's do this together wink
Im always here cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 1:49pm On Dec 20, 2016
sexymoma:

The regular cliché is: 'No one is ever too busy for the one they love, they either love you or they don't.'

But you see, that may not always be true. So before we cast your bf to dark shadows of not loving you, Let's try to take it back to the beginning....

1. How long have you been together?

2. How did you meet or what was the connection that brought you together?

3. You only said all the wrong things he does. If you are still in that relationship, I'm guessing he must have some good qualities. Write down a list of the best 10
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
Jayson1:

Might not be a mental disorder. It could be that he has had a terrible past experience with trust. Could just be him trying to protect the himself from the unknown.

And the babe might not be so stupid either. She may just not know what to do to help the situation. Ironically, she may feel that doing all he asks would help him see that she's there for him, and develop a weird sense of trust.
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by sexymoma(f): 1:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

The regular cliché is: 'No one is ever too busy for the one they love, they either love you or they don't.'

But you see, that may not always be true. So before we cast your bf to dark shadows of not loving you, Let's try to take it back to the beginning....

1. How long have you been together?

2. How did you meet or what was the connection that brought you together?

3. You only said all the wrong things he does. If you are still in that relationship, I'm guessing he must have some good qualities. Write down a list of the best 10
we jos met not quite long, we met close to my office,
10 best ke... if i have i would have written, if i lie to you im deceiving myself ni... he isn't even romantic, he s so stiff.
i don't ask him for cash, so i can't say he spends on me.
He s intelligent
He s ambitious
he hardly gets angry "for now that i've known him'
he s quick to apologize. "don't know if he s pretending though"
He isnt even caring i must tell you.
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 2:00pm On Dec 20, 2016
sexymoma:
we jos met not quite long, we met close to my office,
10 best ke... if i have i would have written, if i lie to you im deceiving myself ni... he isn't even romantic, he s so stiff.
i don't ask him for cash, so i can't say he spends on me.
He s intelligent
He s ambitious
he hardly gets angry "for now that i've known him'
he s quick to apologize. "don't know if he s pretending though"
He isnt even caring i must tell you.

1.Give a specific timeline please. How long have you been together?

2.Did he exactly name you as the woman he is dating or you simply assumed you were dating?

3.You didn't answer, what connection brought you together?

4. Please sincerely answer this: what is the true reason why you are still in the relationship?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by sexymoma(f): 2:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

1.Give a specific timeline please. How long have you been together?

2.Did he exactly name you as the woman he is dating or you simply assumed you were dating?

3.You didn't answer, what connection brought you together?
must i be specific bout that time,"not quite long" i think i wrote that..
aint a kid, i can't assume someone is dating me if he isn't dating me... i've passed that stage ma'm...
what do you mean by connection... i think by now i should be thinking hard on the advice you've given me... i've written enough details na angry
Re: Talk Here If You Are Married or In A Romantic Relationship by TheCOB(f): 2:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
sexymoma:
must i be specific bout that time,"not quite long" i think i wrote that..
aint a kid, i can't assume someone is dating me if he isn't dating me... i've passed that stage ma'm...
what do you mean by connection... i think by now i should be thinking hard on the advice you've given me... i've written enough details na angry

I'm sorry but "not quite long" doesn't exactly help us with a true picture of the situation. This is because the age of the relationship is also a very important factor to be considered. But if you prefer it that way, it is well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Gist A Girl? / Why Do Most Ladies Hate Ugly Guys? / My Sex Experience With A Girl Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.