Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Share Your UTME Experience. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Share Your UTME Experience. (32467 Views)

Drop Your Utme Score, Department And School For An Advice / Check your Utme Result Free : Just Send Me Your Utme Registration No / If You Put Anambra State University In Your Utme.lets Start Talking,i Am Also Looking To Chat With L (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by olalekan1(m): 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2009
I think this UTME was introduced in other to eradicate the discrimantion between BSC, HND and NCE Holders. So that if you dont find your way into university, then you will go to polytechnic or college of education, because many undergraduates always wants to go to university. I dont think there is anything other than that, and I dont think Post UME can be cancelled.
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by dhamie2009(m): 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2009
no post ume, results remain valid 4 one year, cut off marks is not known. dont u think it admissions would be easier.
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by cvibe: 8:40pm On Nov 19, 2009
Who says admission would be easier?  I forsee many people who don't want to end up in Poly or colleges of Education struggling for the Uni spaces. Highest bidder.
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by Hanoobaba(m): 9:05am On Nov 20, 2009
Where are the exams going to be held? Cos I know how many the total annual population of UME candidates are. Year in year out problems of candidates not finding their centres and others being posted to other states arise.
Now UME and MPCE will be written at the same time, the population will be overwhelming. I dunno, maybe neighboring countries will also be used as centers! undecided
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by Virgo83(m): 9:58am On Nov 20, 2009
may god almighty help us
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by nasgrz(m): 10:57am On Nov 20, 2009
lol! sad sad sad
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by adventure(m): 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2009
Hanoobaba:

Where are the exams going to be held? Cos I know how many the total annual population of UME candidates are. Year in year out problems of candidates not finding their centres and others being posted to other states arise.
Now UME and MPCE will be written at the same time, the population will be overwhelming. I dunno, maybe neighboring countries will also be used as centers! undecided

HAHAHAHAHHA grin shocked grin cool MY guy u are funny, abi Togo, ghana , Niger and so on can be used a center?? lol
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by Pharoh: 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2009
Jamb will sort the center issue very well i guess.
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by kayality: 11:55pm On Nov 20, 2009
is direct entry still available
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by adebayo201: 12:53pm On Nov 21, 2009
heheheheheheeh
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by femee: 1:20pm On Nov 22, 2009
ok now
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by MrFox1(m): 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2009
Hanoobaba:

I wish I could better explain this in words without using mathematics, those who dont understand sets please pardon me.

If we let U = {candidates seeking admission into Nigerian tertiary institutions in 2009}
              A=  {candidates seeking admission into Nig universities in 2009}=1,145,961
              B=  {candidates seeking admission into Nig mono,poly&colleges of educatn  in 2009} =342,957

U= (A union B) , candidates who sat for UME and MPCE in 2009 <> A+B  (my point)

I believe (A intercept B) >0 and tend towards 85% of B
i.e. 85% of those who sat for MPCE also sat for UME

C={candidates seeking admission into Nig mono,poly&colleges of educatn  in 2009 ONLY}= U-(A intercept B)= 15% of B
Therefore, U=A+15%B
                 U=1,145,961 + (0.15X342,957)
                 U=1,197,405

So if UME and MPCE were taken at the same time in 2009, the number of candidates JAMB would have to cater for would only have increased by 4.5% equivalent to 51,444.

If we project  that next year, 2010, the number of candidates will increase by 10% (as we have seen from experience) then JAMB will only need to cater for 1,317, 146 candidates at once which is just a 15% increase in the number they are currently having.
I think its not such an astronomic increase which JAMB can not handle. There are other issues such as proper addressing of houses, streets and schools in the country that is affecting centre postings. 
We really won't need to go outside the country, to a place like Benin republic for JAMB exam.
It will get better hopefully, lets keep the faith. I believe UTME brings a lot of promises, both in removing discrimination between HND- B.Sc and  standards.

What do you believe? Don't forget, what you believe can happen to you. (power of the mind)
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by Pharoh: 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2009
Thank you Mr Fox for your detailed explanation smiley i am a fan of mathematics so no problem with your explanation. I already know the population will still remain almost the same if merged together.

What i am more concerned is the implementation of this new examination.
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by adebayo201: 5:13pm On Nov 22, 2009
:p
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by markzeal: 12:11pm On Nov 23, 2009
this is a very good idea but the question I want to commend the JAMB examination body for putting up this good effort of eradicating Post- UME , it is a good news for the student and i guess hard times for swidlers, cheats who parade themselves as people of good intention only for them to suck you dry at the end of the show, another thing is that Is it still /400 I mean the total scores for the exam please throw more light on that.
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by adebayo201: 7:18pm On Nov 23, 2009
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by lykyns(f): 7:12pm On Nov 24, 2009
if there wil b no pume then it wil b nice because i'm stil suffering 4rm d trauma f not writtin pume even dough my ume result was fine.pls d govt should make education easy 4 d masses.
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by centrica: 11:57am On Nov 25, 2009
If the power to be allow this process to runs naturally as it has been designed; is going to be the best system of examimng the student ability and suitabilty for the course each candidates have chossen. Thus, according to the porpose plan, some polytechnic will be awarding BTech. degree along with Some selected Colleges of education awarding B Ed. That means, for any candidates that sit for the UMTE Exam, such a student will be given admission either to the university, polytechnic, or College of education for his degree programme depending on his or her performance in the exam, that is , student will be given courses and institution base on his performance in the exam. post ume exam or screnning will be scrab, and overcrowding of the university will be reduced. This suppose to be the best method of given admission to the students because, intellectual of each student will be tested, but am afraid, if corruption will allow this system to work because some people may still bribe their way in for the admission, but if it is transparent ,is going to be the best for us.
Wishing all the prospective student best of luck, and they should study very hard in other to obtain the best offer.
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by adebayo201: 4:39am On Nov 26, 2009
I hope so
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by dazzy4real(m): 10:56am On Nov 28, 2009
Pls dis UTME i jst dnt undastand, is it a different organisatn or did jamb change it name to that?Pls some 1 cary me along.
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by centrica: 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2009
@dady4real The exam is still conducted by the same JAMB, but the different is that every candidates that perform well are sure of getting admission to either study, Bsc, Btech, and B Ed, respectively either in the university, polytechnic, or College of Education, this strictly depend on the performance of each candidates, and at such the usuall overcrowding in the the university will be reduced, and post ume will be scrap, because some selected polytechnic and colleges of Education will admit some students for B tech, and B Ed. respectively.
But my fear is that, will the stake holders like JAMB officials, Admission officers, some lecturers, allow this project work because of corruption which has eaten deep to the cancerworm of the whole sector. I pray it will work.
Wishing all the candidates best of luck.
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by Adeznuru(m): 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2009
Plz how much is the total cost of utme form.and is there special scratch card 4 choose of centre plz if u know more abt dis plz kind kal me on 07060534871.i wil greatful if sum1 can help wit d info b4 monday[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by Adeznuru(m): 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2009
Plz how much is the total cost of utme form.and is there special scratch card 4 choose of centre plz if u know more abt dis plz kind kal me on 07060534871.i wil greatful if sum1 can help wit d info b4 monday[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by Adeznuru(m): 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2009
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by adebayo201: 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2009
I'll advice u 2 start frm pg1 of this thread. The answer to ur question iz there.
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by peterspp(m): 11:47pm On Nov 29, 2009
IF YO U HAVE PROBLEM FILLING THIS NEW JAMB UTME, I CAN HELP YOU, CALL 07033561660, TAKIA
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by ogbdimgba: 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2009
call me on this number if you have difficulty filling your JAMB UTME,just contact me on 08038003328,or if you want me to fill it call me on the above number,will love to assist you.
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by miscoe(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2009
peterspp,here is d solution to d problem you brought:let d square sign be £.Then £p^4.You would recall dat £p^4 is equivalent to p^(4/2);since £p is equivalent to p^(1/2).Therefore £p^4 :p^((1/2)(4)):p^(4/2).
Then p^(4/2):p^2.THEN THE SOLUTION TO PROBLEM IS P^2.P SQUARE.THANKS FOR THE QUESTION PETERSPP,PLS MORE OF THAT.
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by bighead1(m): 8:40pm On Nov 30, 2009
please somebody send me the brochure on layinkabeeb@yahoo.com
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by adebayo201: 1:16am On Dec 01, 2009
If u'v prob fillin ur utme form or u'v filled and wantd 2 make a change plz cal me on ***276875**
Re: Share Your UTME Experience. by MrFox1(m): 8:18am On Dec 02, 2009
Bad news guys, from the meeting they had last week JAMB only appealed to the universities and Polys to abolish post JAMB so that UTME JAMB will have the standard/integrity required across board.

I doubt if the institutions will ever stop post JAMB screening exam except a law is formed against it.

I don't even blame the institutions, when someone that got 280 in JAMB turns out to be incapable of understanding and passing the first semester course in first year. That casts a lot of doubt on the credibility of JAMB.

I know many candidates now will be gearing up to pay someone to help them cheat and pass.
That is why the institutions will want to do post JAMB, but in actual fact they are just making money with it.

Even our elders/leaders can not conduct a free and fair election, corruption has eaten into the blood of Nigerians like cancer.
People collecting money from candidates to help them dont care about them, candidates that are paying for help have failed themselves, because they will always lack that confidence of succeeding on their own. This will always be reflected in their lives and work. JAMB officials taking money are cursed, law enforcement conniving with mercenary will one day give account, parents that pay their childrens way to pass will judged.

Everyone that contributes to the failure of our educational system by paying, approving, collecting or not enforcing will have their portion in the curse.

I hope Nigerians will change, but if the leaders of tomorrow are themselves cheating what is the hope for our future. Some of you will be senators, govenors, chairmen, obas, chiefs, ministers, directors, managers, bankers, engineers, ASP, IG, perm sec, army chief, naval chiefs, etc but if corruption is the basis of your development there is really nothing to look forward to in your future, is there?

God help us!! cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Students Fed With N50 Bread Divided Into 4 (Video) / 7 Ways To Remember Everything You Read In The Exam Hall / Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.