Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

A Friend Needs Your Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Friend Needs Your Advice (2746 Views)

A Friend Needs An Urgent Advice On His Relationship / Lady Sleeps With A Friend’s Father For Sleeping With Her Boyfriend, Shares Video / My Friend Needs A Husband. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Needs Your Advice by BluntMadmoiselle(f): 7:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
An e-friend confided in me on her relationship. It goes thus,

I met this guy on a social network around March. After so much pressure of wanting to meet me from the guy, I agreed to meeting him. We met on a Sunday evening on my way from church. Despite the fact that I had no make up on, he still described me as " *beautiful*.

Over the months, we got deeper in love with each other. He accepted all my flaws. He loved me for who I was.

He's a kinda blunt guy. Tells me he doesn't like so so thing about me and he'd like it if I changed. He does it in private tho'. This guy is goddamn caring, he has never given me a benefit of doubt.

The only thing is, he's a broke ass dude. Very broke but a lovey dovey dude. He doesn't have a job but he's educated. It's just the Nigeria situation that's failing.

This guy respects my decision a lot. He took me to his mum's home. I'm known by almost all his family members.

Enough of the story jare....straight to the cause of our breakup.

Yea, I broke up with him cos I was tired of the love-no-money relationship. I'm not a money freak but I can say the guy has never spent up to #1000 on me. Yea, it's that bad. I managed for more than 7months buh I'm not ready to endure anymore. I told him and he was brokenhearted. He said I tried already and he'd try and move on.

He told his brother and that one started pleading for me not to leave his brother. He asked for us to see this week for serious talk which I agreed to.

I really love this guy and I feel like he took my heart with him. I no longer find any guy attractive. The guy never even called again. I do the calling and he talks normally on phone.
I'm thinking of amending things with him but I don't know if he'd love me like he use to.

Bae, what do u think about this issue I need you mature advice.

It you were the guy, what would u think or do if I came back to you
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by falconey(m): 7:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
reading
.............OK done.

I can't say for sure if he'll love you like he use to, only you can find out if you eventually get back together. Have you made up your mind to endure with his status? He is broke, its no news to you anymore and please if you can't, please dont give the nigga a double heartbreak.

A woman I once loved did that to me it took me 3years to get myself together, please I dont want any man to experience that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by makydebbie(f): 7:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
I hate girls with this mentality. Work hard and make money too. If you help him grow financially, you won't die.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by BluntMadmoiselle(f): 7:40pm On Dec 23, 2016
Some Broke guys tend to be more dedicated in a relationship. They get into wealth, their real attitude becomes perceptible.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by falconey(m): 7:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
BluntMadmoiselle:
Some Broke guys tend to be more dedicated in a relationship. They get into wealth, their real attitude becomes perceptible.

not just broke girls/guys. Wealth change us and the people around us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by BluntMadmoiselle(f): 7:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
makydebbie:
I hate girls with this mentality. Work hard and make money too. If you help him grow financially, you won't die.

There are lots of experiences behind that mentality

1 Like

Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
na broke guys love pass na

them go use words wear you cloth
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Pranaya(f): 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Pranaya(f): 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2016
Send you back to wherever you're coming from. It's that simple. The fact that you ain't sure of your feelings does not mean you should confuse him. It's not as if he did something bad in the first instance. His only offense was being broke...
Like makydebbie said you should work hard and help him grow financially.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 23, 2016
Pranaya:
Send you back to wherever you're coming from. It's that simple. The fact that you ain't sure of your feelings does not mean you should confuse him. It's not as if he did something bad in the first instance. His only offense was being broke...
why date a broke guy? wetin be the plan of such decision , he wont be able to give you what you want , you will leave him for who can provide later

even for bible God talk say make man work first b4 woman

1 Like

Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by ikp120(m): 7:47pm On Dec 23, 2016
makydebbie:

That's right baby!
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by makydebbie(f): 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
BluntMadmoiselle:

There are lots of experiences behind that mentality
Its not still right. "We" are "shouting" gender equality up and down yet you're depending on a broke guy for money. Talk about double standards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by BluntMadmoiselle(f): 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2016
Pranaya:

Her fear is, the guy might dump her ass after getting into wealth.

According to what she told me, the guy is going outta the country soon. Personally, I know one of the guy's sister who's in Dubai.

She's planning to sponsor him to further his studies and start work over there.
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by ikp120(m): 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
Some of you think guys like us who don't spend on babes are poor? Wait until I upload pictures of my ride on my diary tongue.

That babe's mentality is what I always try to spot in a lady. Once I do, the babe is finished mehn! cry
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Pranaya(f): 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2016
sweetjude:
why date a broke guy? wetin be the plan of such decision , he wont be able to give you what you want , you will leave him for who can provide later

even for bible God talk say make man work first b4 woman
Relationship is not all about a man's pocket. It goes beyond that. And my wants goes beyond what money can buy. The same bible ask us not to despise anyone's day of little beginning.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by BluntMadmoiselle(f): 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
What if the guy travels, thereby forgetting about how they started and going for someone better than her. Abeg try to consider the what ifs. Understand her fear before judging.
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by ikp120(m): 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
BluntMadmoiselle:

According to what she told me, the guy is going outta the country soon. Personally, I know one of the guy's sister who's in Dubai.

That babe just lost a jewel to a dumb mentality.

My condolences to her mehn!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by makydebbie(f): 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
BluntMadmoiselle:

After describing the guy the way she did, I see no reason to fear. She should trust and pray. I'm positive cos, according to her, the guy has introduced her to his family. That's a good sign he's serious.
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by ikp120(m): 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
BluntMadmoiselle:
What if the guy travels, thereby forgetting about how they started and going for someone better than her. Abeg try to consider the what ifs. Understand her fear before judging.

So is the guy spending money on her gonna make him remember her when he travels? undecided
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Pranaya(f): 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
BluntMadmoiselle:

Traveling out and getting into wealth does not mean the guy will dump her. What makes her think whoever she leaves the guy for would still not dump her? Those points are the more reason why she should stick to the guy and stand by him. That same guy might make it overnight and she'll be shocked.
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
makydebbie:
Jeez. Are you really a nairalander. Where did you spring from? Its about a decade since i saw a very sensible talk from a female on this forum

Are you married?

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by omega25red(m): 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
why go back on a decision you already made? he is broke and you need someone who has money. So ride on sister get that money that you are itching for.

you managed for 7 months? what did you manage? him not giving you money or you having to give him money? since dude might be travelling, she should really let him go because home boy ........

what the F am i talking about, these people have only know each other for 7 months wtf. 7 months of dating is not long enough to be having such discussions
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
Pranaya:
Relationship is not all about a man's pocket. It goes beyond that. And my wants goes beyond what money can buy. The same bible ask us not to despise anyone's day of little beginning.
but life demands from us , u have to eat look nice , wear good clothes these things need money na , when i was broke i stayed off women because i will be wasting my time , if you no fit provide for the girl leave her , dont suffer her , Nobody come this world come suffer , people wen dey enjoy love and money no get two heads

1 Like

Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Jeez. Are you really a nairalander. Where did you spring from? Its about a decade since i saw a very sensible talk from a female on this forum

Are you married?
she just dey talk , which girl wan suffer , they wont good things , no girl ready follow u work to make am that one na super story
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by makydebbie(f): 8:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Are you married?
lol thanks. I'm not married.
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
Unfortunately for the ladies most caring guys are not so rich
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
sweetjude:
she just dey talk , which girl wan suffer , they wont good things , no girl ready follow u work to make am that one na super story
That's why some of them no marry till 35. Na olden days all those ones dey work. Now both party have to work hard together and share what they both worked for. The earlier a lady understands this, the better for her.
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by makydebbie(f): 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
sweetjude:
Yea you're right Jude, its the first time I'll agree with you here. "which girl wan suffer".
Definitely not me. Thats why I work damn hard to make money. With 'sweat' and 'blood'. So that no one will say they gave me sh¡t. When you're using your weird beliefs count me out please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
makydebbie:
lol thanks. I'm not married.
You have the right mentality for marriage dear. Keep it up. Mature as married. I actually thought you were

BTW where do you reside?
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

That's why some of them no marry till 35. Na olden days all those ones dey work. Now both party have to work hard together and share what they both worked for. The earlier a lady understands this, the better for her.
girl no dey ever wise , them go do small pikin love waste their youths , the ones when get sense they advance themselves , marry young, the rest dey do love in poverty , them go dey find love for person when neva chop belle full , how him wan marry u , take care of urself , get ur priorities right and use ur brain to date not eye or heart
Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Pranaya(f): 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
sweetjude:
but life demands from us , u have to eat look nice , wear good clothes these things need money na , when i was broke i stayed off women because i will be wasting my time , if you no fit provide for the girl leave her , dont suffer her , Nobody come this world come suffer , people wen dey enjoy love and money no get two heads
And who says you have to depend solely on a guy to eat, look nice, wear good clothes, e.t.c. If he doesn't have, a lady should think of a way to assist and bring something to the table. It shouldn't be 'bout the guys alone and if like you he decides to stay off women, all well and good.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Needs Your Advice by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2016
makydebbie:
Yea you're right Jude, its the first time I'll agree with you here. "which girl wan suffer".
Definitely not me. Thats why I work damn hard to make money. With 'sweat' and 'blood'. So that no one will say they gave me sh¡t. When you're using your weird beliefs can't me out please.
na why u go use brain follow man not heart or eyes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls Help..she Is Buying My Love With Money.i Am So Confuse. / Wish 3 Nairalanders A Happy New Month(happy March) / So She Is Virgin, I Am Not.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.