Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,424 members, 7,812,245 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? (33715 Views)

How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. / When Was Jesus Truly Born? / Chop Off Your Hand?! Was Jesus Serious? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by bobbybrown007: 11:48am On Dec 25, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Religion is a scam

Jesus Christ doesn't exist

Hell fire which they claim have been flaming for 4000 years now doesn't exist, what type of fire dey flame for 4000 without stopping ?? Gas or firewood ??

The people in hell fire don burn for 4000 years, dem never turn to ashes ??
What happened to the people who were born before jesus Christ ?? Them no go heaven, them no go to hell fire, they just turned to a bird and flew away ??

God created the first human which were Adam and Eve and they gave birth to Cain and Abel, Cain and Abel married and had children, who the fucck did they marry ?? Their mother ??

Jesus was born through immaculate conception

The holy spirit just made a woman become pregnant

His pictures can't be found, his birth record can't be found

Oh, the picture they show you claiming he's Jesus was taken 4000 years ago with an iPhone 7

He walked on water, feed 5 thousand people with 5 loaves of bread but couldn't handle three nails on the cross

Can you just go tell this lie to primary school kids
then if what you say is true then who gave you life? Ave you asked your self is heaven and hell real? we might not no the date because so many things would have change from den to now . Don't judge
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by Ace4Khalifa(m): 11:48am On Dec 25, 2016
TLisieux:
Jehovah''s witnesses and their foolish argument. They don't even celebrate their own birthdays. So why argue about the birthday of Jesus Christ?
Foolish argument you say. If you're asked to proof from the Bible where december 25th was written as the date of Jesus birth, can you prove it? Also, if asked to show from the Bible where Jesus instructed us to observe/celebrate his birthday yearly, can you prove it? At least we [Jehovah's Witnesses] have points to support our claim, while you don't. -Signs Out. #iBowOut.

4 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by markovnikov(m): 11:53am On Dec 25, 2016
Luke 22:19,20 ..Jesus Christ told us to commemorate his death and not his birth; and that was because of what his death accomplished for mankind... no wonder early Christians do not celebrate Chris's birth.

But how would you feel when peopled who called themselves your follower chose to celebrate you on a date that is customary to paganism( something so detestable to you , that you have chosen to destroy ). Knowing fully well the whole idea came from enticing this one's to embrace Christianity. No matter how good it might be painted, you will still not want to identify with such roots...as contained in the pages of the encyclopedias.

Besides if not for what Christ death has accomplished. I am sure this euphoria about his birth would not have been.

You can check up the eventualities of those in the bible who did things ( which from a human stand point seems good) that ain't theocratic, and please reason on them.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by veekid(m): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Religion is a scam

Hell fire which they claim have been flaming for 4000 years now doesn't exist, what type of fire dey flame for 4000 without stopping ?? Gas or firewood ??

What happened to the people who were born before jesus Christ ?? Them no go heaven, them no go to hell fire, they just turned to a bird and flew away ??

God created the first human which were Adam and Eve and they gave birth to Cain and Abel, Cain and Abel married and had children, who the fucck did they marry ?? Their mother ??

Oh, the picture they show you claiming he's Jesus was taken 4000 years ago with an iPhone 7

He walked on water, feed 5 thousand people with 5 loaves of bread but couldn't handle three nails on the cross

Can't stop laughing; happney65, come and see your brother
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by 4peace(m): 11:58am On Dec 25, 2016
Kpakorich:

I go in view with you my dear, in recent times a lot of people bash Jewish religion over their belief forgetting that the Messiah's name wasn't and isn't Jesus but Yahushua. Anyone here can oppose me but I have on my own decided not to follow the multitudes igniting some bizarre religion that places u confused for life. Christmas is not Biblical and I'm not a celebrant, that is the more reason why I love the jewish calendar.

Don't confuse yourself no messiah according to Jews religion they are still waiting for one.

According to research based on Bible and event Jesus (English name same as God is called olorun in Yoruba) birth time was around October which is like end and begin of new year in Jewish communities

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by Cletus77(m): 11:59am On Dec 25, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Religion is a scam

You'll be amazed of the supernatural powers of God
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by markovnikov(m): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
TreasuredLeidy:

are there no Jehovah Witnesses here? let them ansa me now na. cnt wait till they com my house

Common misconceptions
Myth: The reason why Jehovah’s Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas is that they do not believe in Jesus.
Fact: We are Christians. We believe that salvation comes only through Jesus Christ.—Acts 4:12.
Myth: You divide families by teaching members not to celebrate Christmas.
Fact: We care deeply about families, and we use the Bible to help build stronger families.
Myth: You miss out on the “Christmas spirit” of generosity, peace on earth, and goodwill toward men.
Fact: We strive to be generous and peaceable every day. (Proverbs 11:25; Romans 12:18) For example, the way we conduct our meetings and preach is in harmony with Jesus’ instruction: “You received free, give free.” (Matthew 10: In addition, we direct attention to God’s Kingdom as the true hope for peace on earth.—Matthew 10:7.
Why don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses celebrate Christmas?
Jesus commanded that we commemorate his death, not his birth.—Luke 22:19, 20.
Jesus’ apostles and early disciples did not celebrate Christmas. The New Catholic Encyclopedia says that “the Nativity feast was instituted no earlier than 243 [C.E.],” more than a century after the last of the apostles died.
There is no proof that Jesus was born on December 25; his birth date is not recorded in the Bible.
We believe that Christmas is not approved by God because it is rooted in pagan customs and rites.—2 Corinthians 6:17.
Why make Christmas an issue?
Many still celebrate Christmas despite knowing about its pagan roots and lack of support from the Bible. Such persons could ask: Why should Christians take such an unpopular stance? Why make it an issue?
The Bible encourages us to think for ourselves, to use our “power of reason.” (Romans 12:1, 2) It teaches us to value the truth. (John 4:23, 24) So while we are interested in how others view us, we adhere to Bible principles even if it means that we become unpopular.
Although we choose not to celebrate Christmas ourselves, we respect each person’s right to decide for himself in this matter. We do not interfere in the Christmas celebrations of others.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by balesh2lead: 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
Guy, you can't see it in the Bible because Jesus doesn't celebrate Christmas and it is not stated in the Bible that you should be celebrating it. It's just a festive of disbelievers
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by TI1919(m): 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2016
I am a Christian not a Jehovah witness member and I don't celebrate Christmas.

Why

It is not written in the scripture that the apostle celebrate it. If it is not in the bible no need to add it.

2 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by TreasuredLeidy(f): 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
femi4:
At times some Christians do ask foolish question. I doubt your Christianity anyway. You are probably a wolf in sheep clothings.

The date 25th of Dec was adopted. You can choose any day of your choice if so desire. He was born....that's the fact and the celebration of his birth is inevitable
do u really need to insult me b4 u can prove ur point? oooh no
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by Shome36(m): 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2016
Who cares? you guys are as confused as Igbo version of Bible.

Mahaukatan Banza
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by supreme4life: 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2016
TreasuredLeidy:
So I read a comment in one of the front page topics dis morning concerning Christmas..
The person was like December 25th is not d birthday of Jesus buh d feast day of Illuminaty people.
Is dis true? Come to think of it, there is no biblical reference that Christ was born on December 25th so so so year or is there?
Am a Christian actually n I do celebrate Christmas buh dah comment gat me thinking hard..

Was Christ truly born on December 25th or the Early Christians just choose the day to celebrate his Birth?

Please if anyone know where d birth date of Jesus is Stated in d Bible or Why we celebrate His Birth every December 25th, He/She should point it out.
Tnx
#IJustWannaBeEducate
Christmas is a pagan festival.... Even white people do not refer to Christmas as the day of Christ birth... They only celebrate it as a yearly festival for fun...... But the ignorant black people are calling it the day of Christ birth knowing fully well that the Bible did not tell us the day that Christ was born.... And Christ was born in October an not December

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by Thashen(m): 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2016
Addicted2Women:
Show me a picture of your granny born in1002 .
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by Shome36(m): 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2016
Ace4Khalifa:
Foolish argument you say. If you're asked to proof from the Bible where december 25th was written as the date of Jesus birth, can you prove it? Also, if asked to show from the Bible where Jesus instructed us to observe/celebrate his birthday yearly, can you prove it? At least we [Jehovah's Witnesses] have points to support our claim, while you don't. -Signs Out. #iBowOut.
OMG!!! so after all these Xmas preparations, the thing is not even in the Bible.... wen would you guys stop confusing yourselves and concentrate on the true teachings of your religion please.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by francisduru: 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2016
Let's take a commercial break! Sit your dumbass' and wait
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by Minemrys: 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
dhamstar:
I don't want to know when jesus was born. I just wanna celebrate my lord and my saviour.

btw, check my signature
how paradoxical. Isn't it funny u not wanting to know about ur lord but want to celebrate him?
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by chimauga(m): 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
Use=less full

Us
Addicted2Women:

Religion is a scam

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by unitysheart(m): 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
TreasuredLeidy:

are there no Jehovah Witnesses here? let them ansa me now na. cnt wait till they com my house

I am one. Please see the below.

Check out the Jewish calendar as compared to our own Gregorian calendar and think about the question that follows:

Nisan - March to April
Iyyar - April to May
Sivan - May to June
Tammuz - June to July
Ab - July to August
Elul - August to September
Tishri - September to October
Heshvan - October to November
Chislev - November to December
Tebeth - December to January
Shebar - January to February
Adar - February to March

If Jesus used 33 years and 6 months before he died, and his death is remembered in the month of Nisan (Nisan 14 to be precise, which falls within the months of March and April) then, in which month was he born?
CLUE: The 6months will help you get your answer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by Ace4Khalifa(m): 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2016
Addicted2Women:

You mean Christ your imaginary friend ??

I will slap the dog shiit out of him
I withhold further comments. People believe what they want to believe. I agree we haven't seen him, but doubting his existence is foolishness of the highest degree. I'm sure you didn't live to see your great-grand parents but you believe they existed, why? Life itself is a miracle so doubting that the miracles performed by Jesus was mere myth is to me retardness on your part. Btw, what religion are you affiliated with? You can ask a Jehovah's Witness near you to provide you a copy of this magazine: Did Jesus Really Exist? #iBowOut.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by Ace4Khalifa(m): 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
Shome36:
OMG!!! so after all these Xmas preparations, the thing is not even in the Bible.... wen would you guys stop confusing yourselves and concentrate on the true teachings of your religion please.
I don't get you. Can you quote just a Scripture that mentions anything about Jesus' month of birth? And if i may ask, what are some of our true teachings? #iBowOut.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by monica40: 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2016
People of Biafra listen to the message that Chukwu Okike Abiama has for you.He say do not follow the way of Evil European religion Christianity is worthless.Biafrans Christmas is of the Devil when ever you Celebrate Christmas your Celebrate European Culture heathen religion.you can't find the word Christmas in Holy Scripture.Christmas period is a spirit from hell fire that make people feel well.Biafrans stop wasting your money to Celebrate pagan religion.No we're in Holy Scripture Chukwu Okike Abiama instructed us to Celebrate Christmas.Biafrans i am not against Christianity but i am against their Lies.European Leaders are Satanic,Devil,liars,they say Jesus was born on 25th December.Biafrans no we're in Holy Scripture told us Jesus was born on 25th December.Holy Scripture told us after the birth of Jesus Angle Gabrielle visit Jesus on six month in Hebrew Calendar in Evil European Calendar we use now is on nine month that when circumcision took place(Jeremiahv10)Biafrans there is other event in history or today anyone get tree and decorated with silver and gold but Christmas.you go to your church you see Christmas tree.on Christmas you went to forest and cut down Tree and decorated with silver and gold such idol are like scarecrows in field of melons all the work of artists they are dressed in violet and purple cloth woven by skilled weavers.But you Chukwu Okike Abiama are the True God you are the living God and the eternal king.Chukwu Okike Abiama there is no one like you.you are mighty,and your name is great and powerful.you deserve to be honoured.Biafrans stop Celebrate Christmas, parents stop taking your Children to shopping on Christmas is of the devil and come out from your man made Trash religion. Biafrans need to hold One million match to mock and burn these European man made white Jesus,crucifix,Rosary,Scapular and image Clay Mary and wipe out Baal Rev Fathers,Baal Bishops,Baal Pope Baal Pastors,Baal Archbishop out of Biafra land.brothers and sisters as soon as we start mocking and burning those images and statues the whole world will start talking about Biafra Nation.(2kings10v26v281samuel15v3-2Chronicles34v25-2Chronicles4)Biafrans mocking and burning those images and statues will liberate the whole African Nation and also Expose all the lies and Terrorist act Europeans ancestors did against African Nation with their Trash religion Christianity.The word Christianity is not Holy Scripture they are against the Holy Scripture.Christianity is false religion they are not doing what is in Holy Scripture.Biafrans obey Chukwu Okike Abiama the Europeans will beg us to Separate from zoo call Nigeria.Biafrans no were in Holy Scripture Chukwu OKike Abiama instructed us to make image or statues of man made white Jesus and image Clay Mary.Biafrans remember our Jesus is in heaven not in statues or images.Evil European brought those images and statues to destroy Exodusv20,Ten Commandment our Ancestors law and Religion Biafrans is not a crime to mock and burn those images and statue down your Fulfill the will of Chukwu Okike Abiama (2kings10V28)Biafrans remember we are not the first people to mock the Baal Prophet.Prophet Elijah also Mock them (1Kings18v25)This liberation Teaching it may sound bitter in your Ear but this 100% real Truth last day Teaching.please Biafra brothers and sister read( Jeremiah,chapter10)before you comment Chukwu Okike Abiama is talking Old Fashion of Holiness key to Biafra Restoration.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by Agangz031: 1:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
Jesus was born on d month of April.... Proof in Luke 1 vs 26 to d end
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by Ace4Khalifa(m): 1:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
The person above me, monica40, ya hand no pain you to type this kind of lengthy post? Biko come and take Aboniki Balm and massage ya thumbs. #iBowOut.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by wexyee: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
TreasuredLeidy:

my problem wit many christian is wen dey don have the question to ur answers they qiuckly pik offense....... Welcome to my world bro.... Im also curious like u
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by wexyee: 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
bitcoininvesto:

I don't need to waith for JW to visit. I don Google am and am now convinced that Jesus wasn't born Dec 25 nor did he do Xmas.
now u knw the truth my advice to u is pls dont stopp frm here pls keep asking question.... They will try to make u look like a devil . Dont fall for that... Im happy for u

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by Origin(f): 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2016
I beg let them give us three days to one week for the celebration. One day is too small for birthday owambe jare.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by DonCortino: 1:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
This topic have been surfacing every dec 25th in different topic n format and it will surface on 25th Dec 2017 again. And a dumbazz mod will move it to FP again. angry
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by 0b10010011: 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Religion is a scam

He felt like dying grin grin grin
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by nurusystem(m): 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Religion is a scam

stop it,is what they believe ,dont you judge them...
......baddd boy
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by 0b10010011: 1:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
monica40:
People of Biafra listen to the message that Chukwu Okike Abiama has for you.He say do not follow the way of Evil European religion Christianity is worthless.Biafrans Christmas is of the Devil when ever you Celebrate Christmas your Celebrate European Culture heathen religion.you can't find the word Christmas in Holy Scripture.Christmas period is a spirit from hell fire that make people feel well.Biafrans stop wasting your money to Celebrate pagan religion.No we're in Holy Scripture Chukwu Okike Abiama instructed us to Celebrate Christmas.Biafrans i am not against Christianity but i am against their Lies.European Leaders are Satanic,Devil,liars,they say Jesus was born on 25th December.Biafrans no we're in Holy Scripture told us Jesus was born on 25th December.Holy Scripture told us after the birth of Jesus Angle Gabrielle visit Jesus on six month in Hebrew Calendar in Evil European Calendar we use now is on nine month that when circumcision took place(Jeremiahv10)Biafrans there is other event in history or today anyone get tree and decorated with silver and gold but Christmas.you go to your church you see Christmas tree.on Christmas you went to forest and cut down Tree and decorated with silver and gold such idol are like scarecrows in field of melons all the work of artists they are dressed in violet and purple cloth woven by skilled weavers.But you Chukwu Okike Abiama are the True God you are the living God and the eternal king.Chukwu Okike Abiama there is no one like you.you are mighty,and your name is great and powerful.you deserve to be honoured.Biafrans stop Celebrate Christmas, parents stop taking your Children to shopping on Christmas is of the devil and come out from your man made Trash religion. Biafrans need to hold One million match to mock and burn these European man made white Jesus,crucifix,Rosary,Scapular and image Clay Mary and wipe out Baal Rev Fathers,Baal Bishops,Baal Pope Baal Pastors,Baal Archbishop out of Biafra land.brothers and sisters as soon as we start mocking and burning those images and statues the whole world will start talking about Biafra Nation.(2kings10v26v281samuel15v3-2Chronicles34v25-2Chronicles4)Biafrans mocking and burning those images and statues will liberate the whole African Nation and also Expose all the lies and Terrorist act Europeans ancestors did against African Nation with their Trash religion Christianity.The word Christianity is not Holy Scripture they are against the Holy Scripture.Christianity is false religion they are not doing what is in Holy Scripture.Biafrans obey Chukwu Okike Abiama the Europeans will beg us to Separate from zoo call Nigeria.Biafrans no were in Holy Scripture Chukwu OKike Abiama instructed us to make image or statues of man made white Jesus and image Clay Mary.Biafrans remember our Jesus is in heaven not in statues or images.Evil European brought those images and statues to destroy Exodusv20,Ten Commandment our Ancestors law and Religion Biafrans is not a crime to mock and burn those images and statue down your Fulfill the will of Chukwu Okike Abiama (2kings10V28)Biafrans remember we are not the first people to mock the Baal Prophet.Prophet Elijah also Mock them (1Kings18v25)This liberation Teaching it may sound bitter in your Ear but this 100% real Truth last day Teaching.please Biafra brothers and sister read( Jeremiah,chapter10)before you comment Chukwu Okike Abiama is talking Old Fashion of Holiness key to Biafra Restoration.

grin grin grin
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by Ace4Khalifa(m): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
DonCortino:
This topic have been surfacing every dec 25th in different topic n format and it will surface on 25th Dec 2017 again. And a dumbazz mod will move it to FP again. angry
It keeps surfacing because the saga and controversy never ends. People would still oppose and propose the motion; Was Jesus born on december 25th?. #iBowOut.
Re: Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? by OwoLee(m): 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2016
sheyee:
Una don come again, is not compulsory u celebrate it, setting apart a day to celebrate Jesus i think is not a bad idea...abi e get anoda thing wey una dey celebrate again
Merry Christmas Nairalanders

Fine is not compulsory you celebrate but most of us while growing was made to understand that Dec. 25 was his birth day now the truth has catch up with us, we are now trying to change it...so your leaders lied to you, you all need to do more research on your Dec. 25 celebration....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) / Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day / Pastor's Lover Dies During Abortion In Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.