Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV - Autos (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV (25658 Views)

***KAKAKI AUTOS!!! A Foundation Of Trust. Delivering the 2012 HONDA CR-V EX***** / Challenges I Faced After Buying A Car From Cityhood Dada Motors / Citihood Dada Joseph Is Not Sincere And Trustworthy As We Thought He Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by memeluv(m): 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
freeman67:
It's unfortunate that trust is becoming more scarce in our society today. I use to have great respect for that moniker Cityhood on this auto section hoping that one day I will strike a deal with him.

That does not mean we are not to trust. I have been doing business with someone that advertised a business in business/investment section here since 2013 without issues. we have not met before we just communicate through bbm and calls. I send him the money and he sends my goods after discussing what I want and sometimes when it doesn't go as I want he will look for ways to make amends.

As for some of us saying the banning would not cost him anything, that's not true. I see lots of his advert post on the front page of auto-section if he is not ban others may still fall victim to the same kind of issue.

For those asking why the op brought the issue here instead of going to the police, I will say 1. the transaction started from nairaland here. 2. According to him he did it to prevent other Nairalanders from falling for cityhood. 3. He has tried other civil ways of resolving it to no avail. I believe he saving Police and Litigation option for the last.

For those arguing that he can change moniker, fine..! He should then go ahead and change his real name, real house address/location, his face and that of his wife or girlfriend because it has all been displayed here already. His phone no is here. we should alsoremember too that Account No's now have BVN and the one attached to that his account alone could be used to fish him out when its time. I believe op just intended to resolve this issue quietly but Oga cityhood did not yield.

Another thing is that because he is into this kind of shady business over the years, he would have made friends with some security personnel that are beating drum for him but he is forgetting that when people decide to handle his matter the personnel or agents that would pick him may not be from his vicinity.
You are very smart with your observation sir. The thief called cityhood was SERVED but never FIXED!

He has a friend up-to the rank of a military colonel that's he's on-about since the day our deal went awry. My only sin is trusting a man whose biggest enemies are; fidelity, nobility and honesty.

Trust me sir, had it been this man called cityhood 'shouted at me' or presented himself as a trouble-maker the day I got this carton from him ba, we would have been on another story AL-together.

No one (there) sees my defense as rational, as they never found it logical for someone to keep a bad product for a day, let alone - weeks and month.

They never understood the issue of nairaland and that his products are marketed online, and not like I went to his shop to rap up the deal with him. They also never believed the part that he assured me I was going to get back my money in days as selling Toyota products is never a problem to him.

As seen on the chat 'from the day after the poo was delivered, he promised to re-list this vehicle and get back the money, but they didn't see reasons from this angle. he's mastered his scamming business and simply told them I was enjoying the car for months and only came up with lies because I wanted to upgrade.

In his defense, he opined that "NO SANE MAN WOULD TRANSPORT A VEHICLE FROM NORTH FOR THE PURPOSE OF GETTING A FEEDBACK FROM THE SUPPOSED BUYER" they found his defense reasonable enough as there was no written agreement on return.
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Topgainer: 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2016
Op sorry about the failed transactions so touching.
My honest comments are as follows
First Mr Citihood: You present yourself as a dealer or middle man who has the reputation of delivering vehicles to the buyer anywhere in the country once payment is made. That is commendable because many will disappear without making deliveries. Claiming ignorance of the issues in the vehicle you will sell for a commission (sometimes from both the owner and the buyer) especially the kind of problems in that SUV is most unfortunate. Issues like this will always be a recurring decimal as long as it concerns Nigeria used vehicles and so it should not be out of place if you had a carefully spelt out policy from the onset as regards compensatory options for each scenerio.
For instance:
1.you could have a quick exchange where the buyer could take another better vehicle in your custody and you outbalance, then you overtime make some key repairs and re-sale to reflect your expenditure.
2. You can ab initio make a comprehensive list of the faults in the vehicle and a rough estimate of the fixes to be made to the would be buyer. In other words, the buyer will have a better outlook of the real cost of the vehicle. Enough of the buy and drive tags.
3. You can elect to do the fixes with your Mechanics at Kaduna or the buyer will do them by himself. That should reflect on the offer or price tag.
4. Of course, you cannot go to the seller as a middle man 2 months after to say he should refund the money that the buyer doesn't want again. Therefore, you must know the gross architecture of any vehicle you are to serve as a middle man for and be able to communicate the same to would be buyer.
5. Although, you have responded in mature way which seems good enough but not the only good compensatory option. I mean taking the vehicle for re-listing you should have done that much earlier but I think you could have had a better name if you had been more expedient in providing an alternative car for the customer.
Customer satisfaction not necessarily 100% is key to every business. Please learn that and be a businessman with a difference.
Generally speaking: In my teenage years, I lost substantial amount of money from 'over trusting' a chameleon. Sometimes, I imagine what the money could have done for me in some other businesses which I had as option then. Another one followed soon after, In that case the offending guy was so insolvent that I knew that even if he sold himself, wife and children there was no way he could pay back. That incidence actually forced me to take school seriously and forget business or deals. Today, education has made me better.
Even the Bible says you should not trust the woman that lays her head on your chest in the Chambers or put your trust wholly on any man. Before, you part with money for any business investigate/inspect very well, spend a token on that, as much as possible be physically there for the transaction. Resist the urge to pay all, that is, always insists on paying in instalments for deals like this one or online orders. Some will allow pay on delivery at an extra cost borne by the buyer in case the product is to be returned. One major advantage of this is that when deals go awry you may choose to forgo the little part payed and have less headache. It may even be in land or other property purchase, you are safer paying in instalments.
Op: The option of taking another vehicle is a viable one which I think both you and Mr Citihood should consider, the other option of waiting for the car to be sold is okay but impatient people will not like that. The third option which I will take if I am in your shoe will be to allow them repair the vehicle over there since the problems have been identified. There are mechanics that can tear down an engine to the last screw and effect the fixes up to 90%- satisfactory. And for that improvised smaller engine I hope you aren't expecting to get the same feel of that highlander with the 3.5l orginal version.
You bear the cost while Citihood with his Church mind tells us what part of it he will bear not just his time.
Good luck.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by fortune1894(m): 6:36pm On Dec 27, 2016
Cityhood u r scum n ur game is scam

3 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by musco4me: 6:39pm On Dec 27, 2016
Lols
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by memeluv(m): 8:43pm On Dec 27, 2016
Topgainer:
4. Of course, you cannot go to the seller as a middle man 2 months after to say he should refund the money that the buyer doesn't want again.

The third option which I will take if I am in your shoe will be to allow them repair the vehicle over there since the problems have been identified.

At the first high-lighted sir, it's non of my fault because I pleaded they go back with this box the day they brought it so I can start talking about options later on but he promised to re-list and get me back my money but delayed until the point he asked me to bring it over for immediate sale.

At the second point sir, that point is pointless. Any human with a sound medulla oblongata and working celebral would know that 'the hundreds of thousands that would be spent" on fixing this box whose life in Nigeria started by 'change from right-hand to left-hand drive' by who-knows-who and the thousands that would be spent on visiting the mechanic twice-a-week would be rather saved for a sane car that really works.

Finally, the shots below has proven that the young man in question is not new to the business of fraud. He must have scammed more persons than these.

To round it up sir, I have taken some positives in the turn out of this saga, more Nigerians can now take due diligence when planning to deal with his type.

My moving on means that, I have no more discussion with cityhood and would not have any reasons to contact him again. He even went petty by stealing the most useless parts of the box I brought back for him to get back some change.

Thanks for your commendable contribution in this thought-provoking saga.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by freeman67: 9:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
@Topgainer if you go through this post carefully you would see that op stated somewhere that he discovered Cityhood has started removing parts from the car..He got to know that from the friends he send there.

@op Boasting of a Colonel, That's a Very Senior Army Officer...when fight like this gets dirty he would not want to stain his career and reputation built over the years for fraud of another man. even if na him twin brother Cityhood be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by memeluv(m): 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
Mimzyy:

Are you that stone hearted? This is quite insensitive of you babe. Memeluv has spent about 2.2m going by his analysis and the best you can say is that you don't feel any pity for him and you know how hard times are.

The dude stated that he trusted the positive reviews here and that was his greatest undoing. If the same thing happens to your brother, I'm sure you will be the first person to start raising tantrums.

Cityhood, please you need to refund at least 80% of this guy's money. You stated that the owner of the car is your bosom friend so it should not be a herculean task to recover the money.

Memeluv, if you can, please go legal as dialogue has failed. Even if you do not need the money again, it will serve as a deterrent to others who wana tow this same path. God will replenish your loss in multiple folds.
Thanks for the advice. I'm happy that someone else is saved from getting scammed by him Mam.

1 Like

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:17am On Dec 28, 2016
NemzySeries:
na wa Õoº°˚ ˚°ºoo.......if not laziness & unnecessary pride itz not like U're buying d car frm kotonu or sumwhere else outside d country so my not take a weekend & travel to wherever u feel u can get gud cars of ur choice, strike a deal & purchase it rada u sat in d comfort of ur hauz making deals 4 an over stressed highlander datz not even up to 1.5m? I wonder wat u wud do if u were buying a car of 5m........wise up abeg, u made d 1st mistake & not d car dealer, u criously gave him d chance to scam u.....aw much wud it cost u if u had given ur time to it? nw U've lost both money & car....congratulations by d way

Well said bro. U just took the words outta my mouth.

1 Like

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by musco4me: 2:35am On Dec 28, 2016
Hmmmmmmm. Selling a dead box and stealing from it too. Chai
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by otemanuduno: 9:29am On Dec 28, 2016
NgcoboP:
gbam

just like bimbor to inspiredM

Pls who is this Bimbo you speak about?
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by nairaman66(m): 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
Most car dealers here o Nairaland are potential fraudsters waiting to explode.. But for a few like Mr Tadeus and DoctorVal. I have had personal dealings with the 2. They are straightforward and have no time to play around!

1 Like

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
nairaman66:
Most car dealers here o Nairaland are potential fraudsters waiting to explode.. But for a few like Mr Tadeus and DoctorVal. I have had personal dealings with the 2. They are straightforward and have no time to play around!
pray you don't meet the duo on an off day.

10 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by nairaman66(m): 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
NgcoboP:

pray you don't meet the duo on an off day.

Rightly said! But I personally recommend them. Did a lot of transaction with them! They are very point blank!
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2016
nairaman66:

Rightly said! But I personally recommend them. Did a lot of transaction with them! They are very point blank!
I pray they are able to maintain the standard if true.... since your claims are unverifiable
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
nairaman66:

And this post in itself could be an art of con.

Better words have been written in this very section about CitiHood

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by ise82(m): 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
Cityhood is a great guy. What I believe is if the money is not yours then don't force it. Iv done a deal last 2 weeks where a guy sent me 2.1m from Porthacourt to help him buy a Camry muzzle. Which I got but discovered some issues with the papers. I had to return his money the following day.

It's simple
Don't force any deal then life will be easy!

2 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by nairaman66(m): 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
EgunMogaji:

And this post in itself could be an art of con.

Better words have been written in this very section about CitiHood

Dude in terms of standards/thinking both of us are far apart. Don't need to draw words with you!

1 Like

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by nairaman66(m): 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
ise82:
Cityhood is a great guy. What I believe is if the money is not yours then don't force it. Iv done a deal last 2 weeks where a guy sent me 2.1m from Porthacourt to help him buy a Camry muzzle. Which I got but discovered some issues with the papers. I had to return his money the following day.

It's simple
Don't force any deal then life will be easy!

God bless your hustle!
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by frugal(m): 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2016
nairaman66:

Lots of people recommended and did lots of transactions with a whole lot of dealers who have been accused of one fraud or the other.

When things become tough, they begin to cut corners. It's a Nigerian thing. Only few can weather the storm without resorting to cheating.

1 Like

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by nairaman66(m): 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
frugal:

Lots of people recommended and did lots of transactions with a whole lot of dealers who have been accused of one fraud or the other.

When things become tough, they begin to cut corners. It's a Nigerian thing. Only few can weather the storm without resorting to cheating.

Yes, your comments have been awesome. Apart from trust and every other thing, your physical presence is also a plus. However, it all boils down to the fact on how relationship have been. If you smell a rat, it is only feasible to air out you opinion and do whatever that suffice at that point in time. In conclusion I feel there are still some genuine people out there that are trust worthy.
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by MRLANNISTER(m): 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
I felt very sad when I read this complaints by OP.It is a very unfortunate deal. Cityhood should have known that one bad deal is enough to put a business out of town. I am pretty sure he knew the issues with the car, but he was hoping to make a quick buck.

I was discussing with a cousin who lives in Kaduna to contact Cityhood after the holidays so they can do business, because I was beginning to respect the brand like it was Coke or Nissan or even Nairaland. This is how growing businesses fail in the embryonic phase. They get carried away by small profits and lose the bigger picture.

Cityhood, you went chasing a lion but a rat distracted you. So long, too long.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by phinter: 3:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
Dude not necessarily. Its Nigerian used. Is it until Nigerian used highlander that they made since 2003 -2005 is about 2m that we will believe its good? haba
tempex88:
For the car to drive from kaduna to Lagos, it's not as bad as u described.

The car was sold to u for 1.4m. Highlander with three rolls. Shouldn't that raise ur eyebrow.?

I will advice u fix the issues and move on
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by phinter: 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
cityhood:
Don't mind my typing am not too good on that!

I have never collect money and never deliver. The product being paid for! It has never

No matter what buyer must do one or two things on a new car to his or her taste....

And how can a car drive all the from Kaduna very smooth and H is saying the gear is bad and is a scrap car....

And to those have concluded sooooo easily not waiting for me to screen grabed when this buyer said he touched one or two things that dabaru the whole system of the car. That I should call my mechanic to put his mechanic through. But all what they know is cityhood is a scammed without hearing from other side............

There is no need for anybody to waste time...

Sincere apology to him. The buyer

And sincere apology to those who as trust and hoping to deal with cityhood....

And sincere apology to those who have concluded.
As am out TOTALLy...
Cityhood i think you should have been more open to the buyer. if you have anything to defend yourself this is the time because the buyer has all the sympathy because he showed us details.
Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by shotuns: 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2016
MsDelilah:

Me, strike a deal with Gazzuzz? Lmao! Not even if my life depends on it. No offence, but that's the last person to use as an example.

My point is, NEVER make permanent decisions based on "reviews".

Want to buy a car? Meet with dealers you can actually SEE, and inspect their vehicles. It's common sense.

Experience is the best teacher. I'm sure the OP has learnt.

Happy Holidays.

Kai..What an arrogant fool!!! Shmmmm!!!

3 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by phinter: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
cityhood:

At times we middleman or car dealers who are marketing cars face big challengers from car owner as they will never disclosed the main issue for there car! Or main reason for sale so instead some car owner will parkage it and put it on sale... life experienced:on this delivered SUV that has resulted to this:on nairaland: and when we sell and give the owner the cash. They move. But they will never openup the condition of the car. Till when new user start to used it and it will sound as if it the dealer that at fault.
But lesson learnt. Check thoroughly no matter the hurryness
And do proper investigation on the car before posting online or marketing it anywere for sale.

@oppre thanks
The very 1st reply may sound disrespectful*please do bear with me.

I sincerely apologies to the buyer...
Sorry about everything. That has happened!!
I am not a fraud nor scam. This just turn out this way
Once again am so sorry for all the wahala that you have passed through. I know you are angry right now but please do find a place in your heart to forgive.
Almighty God bless you
If you are truly sorry cityhood you will make things right. Stop all this sorry sorry without any action. What can you do for this guy in getting him another vehicle. Sorry is just bullshit.

2 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by phinter: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
cityhood:

At times we middleman or car dealers who are marketing cars face big challengers from car owner as they will never disclosed the main issue for there car! Or main reason for sale so instead some car owner will parkage it and put it on sale... life experienced:on this delivered SUV that has resulted to this:on nairaland: and when we sell and give the owner the cash. They move. But they will never openup the condition of the car. Till when new user start to used it and it will sound as if it the dealer that at fault.
But lesson learnt. Check thoroughly no matter the hurryness
And do proper investigation on the car before posting online or marketing it anywere for sale.

@oppre thanks
The very 1st reply may sound disrespectful*please do bear with me.

I sincerely apologies to the buyer...
Sorry about everything. That has happened!!
I am not a fraud nor scam. This just turn out this way
Once again am so sorry for all the wahala that you have passed through. I know you are angry right now but please do find a place in your heart to forgive.
Almighty God bless you
If you are truly sorry cityhood you will make things right. Stop all this sorry sorry without any action. What can you do for this guy in getting him another vehicle. Sorry just wont cut it.

1 Like

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
shotuns:

Kai..What an arrogant fool!!! Shmmmm!!!

Who called you here? Who put dog's mouth inside sh*t? The human beings call for a meeting, the gorilla looks for his trousers. Does he think anything standing on two legs is a man?

Shut up, honey.

5 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by chidi4sam(m): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
nairaman66:

If cityhood could do this, then there is no car dealer on NL that should be trusted. Cityhood had more testimonies than these two you just mentioned. He has not only succeeded in bringing down he's business but also, the business of all other genuine car dealers here on NL. This should the the last time I will ever deal or refer someone to do business with any car dealer on NL. Except this fraudulent activity by cityhood is properly handled.

3 Likes

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2016
nairaman66:

Dude in terms of standards/thinking both of us are far apart. Don't need to draw words with you!

You're absolutely right grin

1 Like

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
chidi4sam:

If cityhood could do this, then there is no car dealer on NL that should be trusted. Cityhood had more testimonies than these two you just mentioned. He has not only succeeded in bringing down he's business but also, the business of all other genuine car dealers here on NL. This should the the last time I will ever deal or refer someone to do business with any car dealer on NL. Except this fraudulent activity by cityhood is properly handled.

You've said it all.

I don't even care if the headman at EFCC recommends a seller on here.

1 Like

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by nairaman66(m): 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You're absolutely right grin

Re: Cityhood Of Dada Motors Won't Refund Me After Delivering A Dead SUV by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
[quote author=nairaman66 post=52333264][/quote]

So the UN is now an authority on mental fitness? grin

Kids cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

»»» Sold!!! Toks Mazda3 08 @ N1.9M Non Negotiable ««« / Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert / LATEST AUTO SECURITY @ 38k. Now: 29,990 promo starting from 20th sept for 1mth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.