Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Delta (and Rivers) Igbos - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta (and Rivers) Igbos (58734 Views)

If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo / Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Favor99(m): 2:39am On Mar 05, 2017
cheruv:

Hahaha
M no na-eche ka o bia do cire80/favor99 aka n'ukwu n'ime apari ya grin amaghim ihnye ji ya embarassed
Can you stop with those lies? It's kind of annoying. I'm not cire80 and you guys know that.
Is cire80 the only person that holds the same opinion as me?
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 8:05am On Mar 05, 2017
Favor99:

Can you stop with those lies? It's kind of annoying. I'm not cire80 and you guys know that.
This is how they always digress from topic. From you are not Ika to you are a recent immigrant because you have a Bini surname to you are favor99. The most ridiculous one is the recent migration due to Bini surname theorem. It shows they don't know nothing about Ika or our way of life and how we give names.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by cheruv: 8:57am On Mar 05, 2017
Cire80:
This is how they always digress from topic. From you are not Ika to you are a recent immigrant because you have a Bini surname to you are favor99. The most ridiculous one is the recent migration due to Bini surname theorem. It shows they don't know nothing about Ika or our way of life and how we give names.
Guy no dey shame yourself here

And like everyone here has said...when the time come everyone that claims Bini in Anioma would be expelled back to Benin from where their ancestors fled from. You guys can't come and now be bigger than the owners of the land angry

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by cheruv: 9:01am On Mar 05, 2017
pazienza:
If tomorrow Nkanu people starts promoting Nkanu as a language of its own and an independent ethnic nationality outside Igbos.

See how easy it would be for them to show the differences between Nkanu speech form and central Igbo, while hiding the obvious similarities between them and Ndiigbo.
They would even point out that the average Imo man would struggle to understand "Nkanu language" on first hearing.

With 5 LGAs, Nkanu have many sub dialects which can easily be promoted to dialects of "Nkanu language" while phantom origin stories of migration from Anywhere but Igboland will be hatched and promoted.
I na-atupuru ha onu? undecided

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 9:48am On Mar 05, 2017
cheruv:

Guy no dey shame yourself here

And like everyone here has said...when the time come everyone that claims Bini in Anioma would be expelled back to Benin from where their ancestors fled from. You guys can't come and now be bigger than the owners of the land angry
Chest beaters. If making empty threats make you happy, carry on
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Chysler(m): 9:52am On Mar 05, 2017
Late colonel NWAWO from igbanke in present day Edo state in the civil war documentary after the war said dt he was in Britain undergoing military training when the war broke out and had to be summoned back to Nigeria, on his arrival he was told to take soldiers and fight against Biafra but he refused asking them how can he fight his Brothers (igbos), he was imprisoned but was later released by Biafra soldiers wen they entered Benin and he fought on the side of Biafra. In the clip he maintained dt the Igbanke Pple are a sub or a dialect of Igbo Pple and therefore Igbo... Am proud of this man, He is one of the silent Hero's of Biafra!God rest his soul

3 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by cheruv: 9:53am On Mar 05, 2017
Cire80:
Chest beaters. If making empty threats make you happy, carry on
Chest gini...come and carry my ndokwa East to your Benin na make I see you angry

Lemme ring it into your blocked ears...ndokwa East and the other 8 Anioma LGs including igbanke in Edo are Igbo. No need even talking much...make time reach all these Bini boys una go hear am from us angry

2 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by RedboneSmith(m): 9:58am On Mar 05, 2017
Chysler:
Late colonel NWAWO from igbanke in present day Edo state in the civil war documentary after the war said dt he was in Britain undergoing military training when the war broke out and had to be summoned back to Nigeria, on his arrival he was told to take soldiers and fight against Biafra but he refused asking them how can he fight his Brothers (igbos), he was imprisoned but was later released by Biafra soldiers wen they entered Benin and he fought on the side of Biafra. In the clip he maintained dt the Igbanke Pple are a sub or a dialect of Igbo Pple and therefore Igbo... Am proud of this man, He is one of the silent Hero's of Biafra!God rest his soul

Nwawo was from Onicha-Olona in Aniocha.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by cheruv: 9:58am On Mar 05, 2017
Chysler:
The worst thing Ojukwu did was not retaining nwawo as leader of the invading army after nzeogwu the proposed leader died at nsuka.
Nwawo was a good officer...and am sure if he was the one that led the Midwest campaign, he'd have evicted Gowon from Lagos and turned the fortunes of the war around.
Brigadier Konrad Nwawo(1920-2013)
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 11:11am On Mar 05, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Nwawo was from Onicha-Olona in Aniocha.
let them wallow in their self deception
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Eke40seven(m): 11:53am On Mar 05, 2017
@pazienza, Afam4eva, Bigfrancis1
Don't take this ciro80/favour99 seriously, he is one phoney dude, as phoney as his arguments.
He types from same device as Ciro80 and favour99. Log in in out with the two monikers at intervals. Let's assume he lent his phone to the other person(His alter ego of course), then what is the explanation for the similarities in writing pattern and grammatical errors (I'm not insinuating that mine is perfect)

As you can see, the Favour99 and Ciro80 (notice the use of numbers at the end of their names by the way), both make use of "they're", " we're" in their writings.
Also notice the way they both leave their paragraphs.

Then also, they are consistent with using "your" in place of "you're/you are"
For example, you can see that with the favour moniker, he typed, "your welcome" same can be seen with the other moniker.
They also both recklessly throw in the continuous verbs all over their write up.
" start getting", "reasoning", agreeing and supporting" ,
We can all see through his shenanigans.

5 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 4:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
Eke40seven:
Don't take this ciro80/favour99 seriously, he is one phoney dude, as phoney as his arguments.
He types from same device as Ciro80 and favour99. Log in in out with the two devices at intervals. Let's assume he lent his phone to the other person(His alter ego of course), the what is the explanation for the similarities in writing pattern and grammatical mistakes (I'm not insinuating that mine is perfect)

As you can see, the Favour99 and Ciro80 (notice the use of numbers at the end of their names by the way), both make use of "they're", " we're" in their writings.

For example, you can see that with the favour moniker, he typed, "your welcome" same can be seen with the other moniker.
They also both recklessly throw in the continuous verbs all over their write up.

Nice analysis. But that doesn't make it the truth.

I have many android and IOS devices. Phones, iPhone, Tablets and Ipads, laptops. I'm an ICT man and my life revolves around computer devices. I've done business with many people here on Nairaland. I've supplied many people things here. How do you think I would be logging in an out on a device if I wanted to do this dirt?
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by bigfrancis21: 5:57am On Mar 06, 2017
Cire80:
Behold the ranting if a lunatic. Some times I wonder the kind of people we have on nairaland. And you're a mod? What a pity!!!

First watch your words. You could get banned for those.

Lol. It's doable. You don't migrate to a foreign land and cause much of an uproar.

I think it's already been agreed here before that some binis migrated from bini kingdom and settled in Ika land (ancestors to some Ikas of today, especially those with bini surnames), and if you are going to speak for your 'separatedness', speak for your immigrant family and others possibly. But do not drag the entire Ika people, including igbo aboriginals with igbo surnames, into some divisive game play. You're pushing your luck too far!

3 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by bigfrancis21: 6:24am On Mar 06, 2017
Cire80:
Nice analysis. But that doesn't make it the truth.

I have many android and IOS devices. Phones, iPhone, Tablets and Ipads, laptops. I'm an ICT man and my life revolves around computer devices. I've done business with many people here on Nairaland. I've supplied many people things here. How do you think I would be logging in an out on a device if I wanted to do this dirt?

You're still here defending your two monikers dude you've been busted! grin
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Probz(m): 7:28am On Mar 06, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTPWEKB77xE

cc. bigfrancis, I somehow stumbled across the above story in the Izzi language. I can see the general Anambra trend of replacing r/n with l (Chileke instead of Chineke, although that's not what we use in Anambra) but the intonation sounds Idoma or something.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 7:51am On Mar 06, 2017
bigfrancis21:

First watch your words. You could get banned for those.

Lol. It's doable. You don't migrate to a foreign land and cause much of an uproar.

I think it's already been agreed here before that some binis migrated from bini kingdom and settled in Ika land (ancestors to some Ikas of today, especially those with bini surnames), and if you are going to speak for your 'separatedness', speak for your immigrant family and others possibly. But do not drag the entire Ika people, including igbo aboriginals with igbo surnames, into some divisive game play. You're pushing your luck too far!
I can't help your stupidity. Sorry
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by bigfrancis21: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2017
Cire80:
I can't help your stupidity. Sorry

I'm warning you again. Watch your words. Post on the topic at hand directly without the use of profanity. This will be my last warning.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by cheruv: 1:05pm On Mar 06, 2017
Just imagine cire80 causing havoc in a land that harbored his émigré ancestors after they fled from Benin.
Do worry you'd be sent back to that Benin your fathers fled from undecided

2 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by pazienza(m): 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2017
Probz:

cc. bigfrancis, I somehow stumbled across the above story in the Izzi language. I can see the general Anambra trend of replacing r/n with l (Chileke instead of Chineke, although that's not what we use in Anambra) but the intonation sounds Idoma or something.

Ezza and Izzi both use "L" alot. Land is Ali, up is Elu, bitter is Ilu, etc.

1 Like

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by bigfrancis21: 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2017
Probz:

Yea if you listen closely you'd pick out the Igbo here and there but the pronunciation is a little foreign to a first time listener.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Favor99(m): 7:46pm On Mar 06, 2017
Eke40seven:
He types from same device as Ciro80 and favour99. Log in in out with the two monikers at intervals. Let's assume he lent his phone to the other person(His alter ego of course), then what is the explanation for the similarities in writing pattern and grammatical errors (I'm not insinuating that mine is perfect)

Anyone can have those very basic similarities. Thats nothing. Anyone 2 people can have those similarities. Now lets examine the differences
between me and Cire80's writing. You notice how Cire80 has a different vocab than me. He uses
proper words like "digress from the topic", I dont use words like digress or surname (I would use a name like last name) He also
said "Due to the Bini surname theorm." As an American, I would use the term "theory", not theorom. Cire80 has used words like intervals
and devices in his writing. Instead of writing "Log in and log out at different intervals" I would say log in and log out at "different times" not intervals.
My english is general and doesnt use that style of writing. Anyone here that knows the American English will see the difference between my writing style and the writing styles of most of the Nigerians on here.
The difference in mine and his vocab (You guys would used the word vocabulary and not vocab) is because I grew up abroad in another country. So he writes more of the British English like
most Nigerians and I write more of the American english. Anyone reading our posts can clearly see the writing styles
and grammer are different. Look at my posts under my profile and compare them to the posts from Cire80's profile, youll
see our writing styles and choice words are way different. Cire80 also said "Only an idiot would create alternate account and claim another ethnicity"
I wouldnt say alternate account, I would say a "different account." Please nairalanders compare me and cire80's posts. Youll see the differece.
And any Americans or Nigerians living in America will attest to what Im saying as true. By the way there is noting wrong with how Cire80 or other Nigerians write. There's nothing wrong with your writing style. Its just different than ours. And by the way Im a Nigerian, that grew up in America.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Favor99(m): 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2017
Also to prove to you guys that Im Nigerian-American and I live in America, if you notice I usually dont send any posts between
9 am and 5pm your time. (One night was an exception, I stayed up late lol) The reason being is that in America we are 7 hours behind you guys.
When its 9 am in Nigeria its 2 am in America. Most of my posts has been in the evening Nigeria time. Im not Cire80, his posts are throughout the day Nigerian time. Also dont forget our vocab and writing styles are different. He's a Nigerian that grew up in Nigeria, Im a Nigerian that grew up in America. You can clearly see our wrting style and vocab are different. Just go on our profiles and compare our writing styles.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by bigfrancis21: 8:23pm On Mar 06, 2017
cheruv:

Hahaha
M no na-eche ka o bia do cire80/favor99 aka n'ukwu n'ime apari ya grin amaghim ihnye ji ya embarassed

Favor99:

Aren't you supposed to be so-called Esan? How come you understood the Igbo cheruv wrote if you are not, in fact, cire80/ika igbo?

Cire80 you are not so smart after all to pull his alternative moniker stunt off.

2 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 8:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
Favor99:
Also to prove to you guys that Im Nigerian-American and I live in America, if you notice I usually dont send any posts between
9 am and 5pm your time. (One night was an exception, I stayed up late lol) The reason being is that in America we are 7 hours behind you guys.
When its 9 am in Nigeria its 2 am in America. Most of my posts has been in the evening Nigeria time. Im not Cire80, his posts are throughout the day Nigerian time. Also dont forget our vocab and writing styles are different. He's a Nigerian that grew up in Nigeria, Im a Nigerian that grew up in America. You can clearly see our wrting style and vocab are different. Just go on our profiles and compare our writing styles.
please don't trouble yourself. They know the truth.

And yes, I was born and brought up in Nigeria so my English can be Nigerian but right now im not far from your present location lol. I don't have a definite time I work. People I've done business with here can attest to that but no need to mention anybody. I'm a computer man and my work doesn't have much to do with writing essay and I'm a very busy person. No time to proof read or correct post. Anybody that doesn't enjoy my writing should just scroll by. I can write good if I bring out time but no time.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by bigfrancis21: 8:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
Favor99:

Dude forget that hogwash. This is not any proof whatsoever.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Favor99(m): 8:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Aren't you supposed to be so-called Esan? How come you understood the Igbo cheruv wrote if you are not, in fact, cire80/ika igbo?

Cire80 you are not so smart after all to pull his alternative moniker stunt off.
I didnt understand the Igbo. I undertsood the part where he typed cire80/favor99.
He was calling me cire80. I didnt need to understand Igbo to see the comparison he made
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by bigfrancis21: 8:27pm On Mar 06, 2017
Cire80:
please don't trouble yourself. They know the truth.

And yes, I was born and brought up in Nigeria so my English can be Nigerian but right now im not far from your present location lol. I don't have a definite time I work. People I've done business with here can attest to that but no need to mention anybody. I'm a computer man and my work doesn't have much to do with writing essay and I'm a very busy person. No time to proof read or correct post. Anybody that doesn't enjoy my writing should just scroll by. I can write good if I bring out time but no time.

Why do you care this much about 'proving' you're not favour99? You have littered the last 3 pages on this thread about how you are not 'favour99'. This is becoming stale. Only guilty people care so much about proving they are not guilty. If I called you a thief right now would you go to this extent to prove you're not a thief? I doubt it because you KNOW you are innocent.

The psychology you're displaying gives you away easily.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Cire80: 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Why do you care this much about 'proving' you're not favour99? You have littered the last 3 pages on this thread about how you are not 'favour99'. This is becoming stale. Only guilty people care so much about proving they are not guilty. If I called you a thief right now would you go to this extent to prove you're not a thief? I doubt it because you KNOW you are innocent.

The psychology you're displaying gives you away easily.
I don't care if you think I'm him/her or not. I only made my comment because I saw my mention. I replied favor and not you. Did you see my last comment refer to anyone? I care less what any self deceptive, chest beating nairaland Igbon imagine about me. Favor, just leave them alone.

And your last point doesn't make any single sense. You have a very poor sense of psychology
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Favor99(m): 8:40pm On Mar 06, 2017
Cire80:
I don't care if you think I'm him/her or not. I only commented because I saw my mention. I replied favor and not you. Did you see my last comment refer to anyone? I care less what any self deceptive, chest beating nairaland Igbon imagine about me. Favor, just leave them alone.

And your last point doesn't make any single sense. You have a very poor sense of psychology
Ok. I was just tired of their accusations.
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by cheruv: 9:20pm On Mar 06, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Chai... I noticed it too
O ghotara ihnyem dere n'igbo mana this my trait of not paying attention to details made me overlook it shocked
I gbaliwo maka ichoputa nke ahu cool
Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Afam4eva(m): 9:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
Pls guys, i'm not in support of cyber bullying. If Cire80 says he's not favour99 or vice versa then let's let it go. We mustn't always agree on every issue without being called out for not being what one claims to be. Let's all agree to disagree on certain issues.

3 Likes

Re: Delta (and Rivers) Igbos by Chysler(m): 9:32pm On Mar 06, 2017
Whatever he is or believe, is in his pocket ...i only kno when the chips are down the chicken must come yo Roost...

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply)

Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman / Welcome To The Village Where They Drink The Same Water With Goats (PHOTO) / Princess Adeola, Daughter Of The Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.