Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (61017 Views)

What Does God Command About Restitution And Reconciliation? / "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? / Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 3:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:
KingEbukasblog ... Where art thou??

So u finally lied and ran away.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What was the sin of the little kids of Jericho?
It's the spirit that sins, and men are spirits having a brief experience in flesh. That's why sometimes children suffer for mistakes done by their fathers. Poor kids. So watch out for the kind of heritage you will be leaving your kids with.

I'd probably be trolling if I started speaking about that side of God here. Because God is not always nice. I should start a thread one day about the terrible side of God.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by jayriginal: 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Bro

William Craig is a very knowledgeable man

Not at all.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
Has any of these religionist explained how Yahweh - All-knowing, ordered the massacres in the Bible out of annoyance?

I still don't get how an all-knowing entity would still get frustrated.

He sounds more like a disgruntled fellow...

"I will kill... I will wipe out... I will destroy... I will take... I will... I.... I..."

That isn't any attribute of a God-like person. It is of a vexed man.

Mandela had a better philosophy.

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by MrMontella(m): 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
Muafrika2:

It's the spirit that sins, and men are spirits having a brief experience in flesh. That's why sometimes children suffer for mistakes done by their fathers. Poor kids. So watch out for the kind of heritage you will be leaving your kids with.

I'd probably be trolling if I started speaking about that side of God here. Because God is not always nice. I should start a thread one day about the terrible side of God.
na so...
Children suffer the mistakes of their parents...but they dont ''suffer'' free salvation from thier parents grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Has any of these religionist explained how Yahweh - All-knowing, ordered the massacres in the Bible out of annoyance?

"I will kill... I will wipe out... I will destroy... I will take... I will... I.... I..."

U cant get it,because your brain hs decided not to.

Is that not simple?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

So u finally lied and ran away.
Lied about what... Are u denying u called me hypocrite?? Why did u call me hypocrite?? Am tired of childish argument. If you want to help your brother respond to my comment, be my guest
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

U cant get it,because your brain hs decided not to.

Is that not simple?
Ok.

You get it?

Please explain to make sense of it.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Lied about what... Are u denying u called me hypocrite?? Why did u call me hypocrite?? Am tired of childish argument. If you want to help your brother respond to my comment, be my guest

Oh so the argument is now "hypocrite"?

U have no shame.
Honestly speaking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Ok.

You get it?

Please explain to make sense of it.

Are u a baby?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Are u a baby?
Lol,

Now you don't get it. grin
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

U need to learn. U don't argue by showing isolated circumstances or individual cases... U argue by showing preponderance of evidence.
For example, that shekau is a terrorist doesn't mean all northern Muslims are terrorists. U have to show me what percentage of northern Muslims are terrorists.
We have atheist murderers but we have way more Christian murderers. There may be atheist terrorist groups but there are way more Christian terrorist groups. And yes some atheists might support incest but we have Christians like you who support genocide if it's commanded by god...
But on an average, Christians have a higher tendency to be criminals, terrorists, racists, bigots than atheists... I dare you to disprove that

I still don't understand how someone will have a relationship with God that abominates sin and then have a tendency for crime . You can't reconcile such . So here's my take :

Those people who live turpitudinous lives are simply affiliated to Christianity . And there are sects in Christianity with doctrines like purgatory that gives man the leeway to commit sin . And in those sects , some immoral acts are seen as peccadilloes or venial while some are abominable . And people feel that they can always come to ask for forgiveness from God as they seek to transform their lives . But here's what the bible says :

Romans 6 : 1

1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

But for the atheists , I just don't know . They have no moral compass - that explains why they deplore moral absolutism .

Like lying is not good . We all know that - its objective

But atheists feel that if you have to lie to save your job then it is justified . That's utter nonsense . Anyway no spoilers - morality will be discussed fully in my thread with dalaman .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:

Check the OP
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
jayriginal:

Not at all.

Hey jay grin

Have you taken time to watch his debates against atheist representatives like Christopher and watch them flounder and stutter at questions being thrown at them and he (William Craig) admirably responds to their questions with such sagacity ?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
MrMontella:

na so...
Children suffer the mistakes of their parents...but they dont ''suffer'' free salvation from thier parents grin grin
I tire o.

Infact there was a part that triggered my unbelief.

A parent who committed a sin was forgiven, but the children, and generation yet unborn still has to suffer for it.

What a ridiculous judgement.

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Check the OP
i'll just ignore it.

Thank you
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 3:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Oh so the argument is now "hypocrite"?

U have no shame.
Honestly speaking.
Am tired... U called me hypocrite because I kill ants and mosquitoes and am still condemning the killing of humans by god...
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by hopefulLandlord: 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Only a fanatic like you will use one genocidal act of God to justify another. What kind of person would see god murdering his supposedly chosen people as a good thing. The murder of the Israelites was as bad and unconscionable as the murder of the other nations. Unless you want to argue that two wrongs now make a right.
And, there was impartiality. The fact that God only chose the Israelites as his people among abundant options is impartial in itself. The fact that they were even stubborn people either questions the omniscience of God or his judgment. Why choose a stubborn nation?? He could well have chosen a nation he wouldn't have to kill, it would still have been impartiality but would be palatable.
And the killing of the Canaanites in particular was just so ugly of God. God in his claimed omnipotence could have given them an unoccupied land and blessed it for them. But no it had to be the land which had been settled upon for many years by different group of people... God didn't even send them out, he took the uglier option of killing them all, adults, children even animals. If one day a land owned by your family for centuries is grabbed by some other family destroying your house and killing your people, would u be able to say that's IMC l impartiality?

Nice one!
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
i'll just ignore it.

Thank you

it was modified .
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Am tired... U called me hypocrite because I kill ants and mosquitoes and am still condemning the killing of humans by god...

Mscheww,
So show me where i mentioned "ants and mosquitoes"
And where i compared them to "siblings"
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
MrMontella:

na so...

Goodness is hereditary too. That's what happened to Ishmael, despite not being as favoured as Isaac. For the sake of Abraham, he got an inheritance and preservation.

It's also sharable by association, through which other nations like moab were spared and survived the Israelite's onslaught on Cannan.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Ranchhoddas: 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
Muafrika2:

Oh dear!

2 Likes

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Nice one!

For the umpteenth time , God also permitted Israel to face the same consequences these pagan nations faced . If you peruse the book of Judges , you'd see that God also allowed Israel's enemies to kill and oppress them anything they err from the accepted standards of God by imitating pagan nations and living despicably sinful lives . So where is the partiality

Israel too faced brutal killings , oppression and subjugation from their enemies allowed by God Himself .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Ranchhoddas: 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
It's baffling.
MrMontella:

na so...

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I still don't understand how someone will have a relationship with God that abominates sin and then have a tendency for crime . You can't reconcile such . So here's my take :

Those people who live turpitudinous lives are simply affiliated to Christianity . And there are sects in Christianity with doctrines like purgatory that gives man the leeway to commit sin . And in those sects , some immoral acts are seen as peccadilloes or venial while some are abominable . And people feel that they can always come to ask for forgiveness from God as they seek to transform their lives . But here's what the bible says :

Romans 6 : 1

1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

But for the atheists , I just don't know . They have no moral compass - that explains why they deplore moral absolutism .

Like lying is not good . We all know that - its objective

But atheists feel that if you have to lie to save your job then it is justified . That's utter nonsense . Anyway no spoilers - morality will be discussed fully in my thread with dalaman .
Legendary goal post shifting. No true Scotsman fallacy. Double standards. All in just one comment.... First u say atheists are terrible people, I show u that by stats and facts Christians are actually the terrible people. Then u say they are not true Christians. But u count the ones that are not true Christians when u want to show that there are many Christian scientists
Also, u say the terrible Christians are not true Christians but the terrible atheists are true atheists, right? Gimme a break

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 3:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

For the umpteenth time , God also permitted Israel to face the same consequences these pagan nations faced . If you peruse the book of Judges , you'd see that God also allowed Israel's enemies to kill and oppress them anything they err from the accepted standards of God by imitating pagan nations and living despicably sinful lives . So where is the partiality

Israel too faced brutal killings , oppression and subjugation from their enemies allowed by God Himself .
That God killed or allowed the killing of Israelites is not an argument in favor of God, it is against God... U need to read that my first comment again .. U have failed to address the issues there
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 3:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Mscheww,
So show me where i mentioned "ants and mosquitoes"
And where i compared them to "siblings"
Guy... Stop acting like a petulant four year old throwing tantrums... I mentioned siblings but only after u compared god killing humans to me killing mosquitoes. How difficult can this be really??
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Legendary goal post shifting. No true Scotsman fallacy. Double standards. All in just one comment.... First u say atheists are terrible people, I show u that by stats and facts Christians are actually the terrible people. Then u say they are not true Christians. But u count the ones that are not true Christians when u want to show that there are many Christian scientists
Also, u say the terrible Christians are not true Christians but the terrible atheists are true atheists, right? Gimme a break

Atheists are terrible people . The communists justified the killings of the religious people because they felt that where encumbrances to the actualization of their communist paradise . Even atheists on that thread I posted its links to you praised the communist government . To those atheists , the communist governments did the right thing shocked

They claimed that man not God determines what is good or evil . And it is most times arbitrary .

You randomperson can be perfidious in business and then justify it with the principle of evolution - survival of the fittest .

Isn't it what atheists used to justify the killings undecided Or don't you know history of wickedness carried out by your mentors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

That God killed or allowed the killing of Israelites is not an argument in favor of God, it is against God... U need to read that my first comment again .. U have failed to address the issues there

It rubbishes your claim of partiality . The point is the wages of sin is death whether it was committed by Israel or by the pagan nations - both of them faced the Judgement of God . Simple .

You are the one just running around this thread in a pell-mell fashion .
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by hopefulLandlord: 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

delusionkiller's thread already showed why wlc makes no sense
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Aaronsrod: 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
Muafrika2:

Plz start this thread. It is good that God is not nice. He is harsh cruel and terribe as he states in the Bible. We must prepare for his full brutality to be unleashed when he returns with his sword of fire to exterminate the wicked from the face of the earth with his punishments.. Those who love Him not shall be exterminated as were the Canaanites Midianites and Amelekites. True Christians know this and await His Divine Commands. We will slaughter as many children as His will dictates. Hellfire shall be there potion.

So it has been written. So it shall be done.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Aaronsrod: 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:

Fool! Repent and fear the Creator of all!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply)

Islamic Cleric Arrested Over 3-day Marathon Sex Deliverance From 'mammy Water' / My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.