Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (60707 Views)

What Does God Command About Restitution And Reconciliation? / "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? / Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Rilwayne001: 8:30am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Yes.
U r even helping it to make more sense.

Isn't Jesus God again? No, he is God, or Yes he isn't God. Which side are you on

Wasn't he the one commanding his foot soldiers in the OT? no, he was, or yes, he wasn't. Which side are you on

2 Likes

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Boss... U don't even know bible. God accepted a girl as a burnt offering in the bible. U heard me right, BURNT offering... When I was a Christian I used to think the Islamic god was a jerk but now I know better... There are jerks and then there are sick bastardss

So when you were a Christian how was your life? Violent? A murderer? A psychopath? Did you hear a voice in your head that said "I AM GOD GO AND KILL EVERYONE"?

Did the holy spirit in you stop being HOLY and turn you into a sadistic killer?

Did you hate your family? Oh wait your father is even a pastor.

As a Christian who is a Pastor did your father do any of the above i just listed out? Did he show you by example how God is maniacal and a killer? Afterall he has been in the faith longer than you have? Did he attempt to offer you as a burnt offering when you were a baby?

If your answer is NO to all these then that means you lied about being a Christian because you never were. You only said WHEN YOU WERE A CHRISTIAN to score cheap points.

TRUE CHRISTIANS can tell the difference and smell Charlatans miles away. So you can answer me now.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:31am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Shekau existed after Jesus came,
So u make no sense.
Jesus who is god killed children in the old testament, was the killing in the old testament right or wrong

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 8:31am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Of course, he existed before the prophets,

So

He was for all those genocides answer barbaric laws before he later turned against them even though he knows all things and can see the future?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:33am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

He was for all those genocides answer barbaric laws before he later turned against them even though he knows all things and can see the future?

Sorry, if i destroy what i created, u cant judge me.
I dont see ur point,
Really
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:33am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Jesus who is god killed children in the old testament, was the killing in the old testament right or wrong

It was right under the law.

Next
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:34am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So when you were a Christian how was your life? Violent? A murderer? A psychopath? Did you hear a voice in your head that said "I AM GOD GO AND KILL EVERYONE"?

Did you hate your family? Oh wait your father is even a pastor.

As a Christian who is a Pastor did your father do any of the above i just listed out? Did he show you by example how God is maniacal and a killer? Afterall he has been in the faith longer than you have? Did he attempt to offer you as a burnt offering when you were a baby?

If your answer is NO to all these then that means you lied about being a Christian because you never were. You only said WHEN YOU WERE A CHRISTIAN to score cheap points.

TRUE CHRISTIANS can tell the difference and smell Charlatans miles away. So you can answer me now.
Yet you can't present reasonable explanations for the genocides in the Bible.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:35am On Dec 29, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Isn't Jesus God again? No, he is God, or Yes he isn't God. Which side are you on

Wasn't he the one commanding his foot soldiers in the OT? no, he was, or yes, he wasn't. Which side are you on

I wasnt born then.
But as of now, i am on Jesus side.
I stand on his salvation.

Is that not simple enough?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Did you hate your family? Oh wait your father is eve a pastor. As a Christian who is a Pastor did your father do any of the above i just listed out? Did he show you by example how God is maniacal and a killer? Afterall he has been in the faith longer than you have? Did he attempt to offer you as a burnt offering when you were a baby?

Of course Christians usually don't do these things any longer... But at Sunday school they use these stories of wanton murder and destruction to show god as a good god. We have Christians on this forum who say if God tells them to kill children they would do so. I don't know why you people are avoiding the question.
When God was killing children in the bible, was it right or wrong??
Also answer this, if God tells you to kill children would u do so?? Yes or no please. Don't dodge

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
You didn't answer my question.

So I'll ignore your's too.

because u were asking a question u r guilty of.
Period.

Thats hypocrisy.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Sorry, if i destroy what i created, u cant judge me.
I dont see ur point,
Really

Then let me not hear you complain when Allah's foot soldiers go about killing people on his divine command theory. After all you can't judge Allah because he created the universe and has the right to do what ever he wants.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
Yet you can't present reasonable explanations for the genocides in the Bible.

Reasonable explanations? Why should i? Why do you find it easy to kill mosquitoes and flies and cockroaches or ants? Do you feel they have no emotions?

Do you feel they deserve to be killed?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:37am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

Then let me not hear you complain when Allah's foot soldiers go about killing people on his divine command theory. After all you can't judge Allah because he created the universe and has the right to do what ever he wants.

And he came as Jesus to stop all that, simple.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by dalaman: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

And he came as Jesus to stop all that, simple.

Where did Jesus said he came to stop all that? Jesus said he came not to abolish those laws.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Of course Christians usually don't do these things any longer... But at Sunday school they use these stories of wanton murder and destruction to show god as a good god. We have Christians on this forum who say if God tells them to kill children they would do so. I don't know why you people are avoiding the question.
When God was killing children in the bible, was it right or wrong??
Also answer this, if God tells you to kill children would u do so?? Yes or no please. Don't dodge

@ the bolded why would you say CHRISTIANS USUALLY DO NOT DO THESE THINGS ANY LONGER? Can you answer me pls?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:39am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

It was right under the law.

Next
Am not talking of the law. Am talking of your own moral compass. Is it right to you?? If God told you to kill children, would you do it?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:40am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

because u were asking a question u r guilty of.
Period.

Thats hypocrisy.
You've succeeded in evading the question. Weldone.

Let me rephrase.

What reasonable excuse have you provided for all the genocide allowed and commanded by Yahweh?
What makes such character anything but evil?

2 Likes

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Rilwayne001: 8:40am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

I wasnt born then.
But as of now, i am on Jesus side.
I stand on his salvation.

Is that not simple enough?

My questions are very simple, but i think it's way over your head, cus apparently you can't decipher it. Smh
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:41am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

@ the bolded why would you say CHRISTIANS USUALLY DO NOT DO THESE THINGS ANY LONGER? Can you answer me pls?
Because humans have created laws themselves which prohibit this.... When God said thou shall not kill, there were still killings galore but when man said it, killings reduced. Ergo, man more effective than god
Now answer my questions!!
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

Where did Jesus said he came to stop all that? Jesus said he came not to abolish those laws.

Jesus said HE CAME NOT TO ABOLISH THE LAW BUT TO FULFIL IT. I think even you should understand english. He fulfilled all of the law so everythig attached to the law stopped in Christ the moment he said IT IS FINISHED...In other words THE LAW IS FINISHED.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:42am On Dec 29, 2016
dalaman:

Jesus said
Love ur enemies.

With That commandment, no more killing.

It covers everything.

Next
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Because humans have created laws themselves which prohibit this.... When God said thou shall not kill, there were still killings galore but when man said it, killings reduced. Ergo, man more effective than god
Now answer my questions!!

See where you lie so easily in attempt to dodge the truth. So does the Bible (New testament) or Jesus preach for or against the law or evil?
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:43am On Dec 29, 2016
Rilwayne001:

My questions are very simple, but i think it's way over your head, cus apparently you can't decipher it. Smh

I think my answer is high for u, actually
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:44am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Am not talking of the law. Am talking of your own moral compass. Is it right to you?? If God told you to kill children, would you do it?

God will not tell me to kill babies, after the life of Jesus Christ was shed.....
Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:44am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

See where you lie so easily in attempt to dodge the truth. So does the Bible or Jesus preach for or against the law or evil?
Please point out the lie abeg.... Countries with significant atheist population have less crime and murder rates than the Christian or Muslim ones so it's not God's law that's working for them.
Please, rephrase your question to be clear and while doing that u could answer my questions. Thank you
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Reasonable explanations? Why should i? Why do you find it easy to kill mosquitoes and flies and cockroaches or ants? Do you feel they have no emotions?

Do you feel they deserve to be killed?
Good one.

But if I were Yahweh, I will be all-knowing, perfect, and wise enough to remove cockroaches, mosquitoes, flies and ants from the lives of men who I'm suppose to love unconditionally.
I wouldn't command genocides, murders, sacrifices of men.

Why would I allow people to kill others while I watch?

2 Likes

Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:46am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

God will not tell me to kill babies, after the life of Jesus Christ was shed.....
Sorry.
Oh... So the life of the children killed before Jesus blood was shed was worthless...
Funny Christians, God killed millions of children, he stopped killing children, then he's a good god...
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:47am On Dec 29, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
You've succeeded in evading the question. Weldone.

Let me rephrase.

What reasonable excuse have you provided for all the genocide allowed and commanded by Yahweh?
What makes such character anything but evil?

What God did is not genocide, as u claim.
He simply punished his creation for disobedience and idol worship.
Just as a judge would sentence criminals.

Simple.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:47am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

Jesus said
Love ur enemies.

With That commandment, no more killing.

It covers everything.

Next
So Jesus allowed killing before. Was it right when he allowed it
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by randomperson: 8:48am On Dec 29, 2016
felixomor:

What God did is not genocide, as u claim.
He simply punished his creation for disobedience and idol worship.
Just as a judge would sentence criminals.

Simple.

The two year olds too were guilty of disobedience and idol worship... Hmmm
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:49am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Jesus said HE CAME NOT TO ABOLISH THE LAW BUT TO FULFIL IT. I think even you should understand english. He fulfilled all of the law so everythig attached to the law stopped in Christ the moment he said IT IS FINISHED...In other words THE LAW IS FINISHED.
...and you play the same old track that led us here.

You think what you've said makes sense?

Look at it again.
Re: Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! by felixomor: 8:49am On Dec 29, 2016
randomperson:

Oh... So the life of the children killed before Jesus blood was shed was worthless...
Funny Christians, God killed millions of children, he stopped killing children, then he's a good god...

U r the one making such conclusion without reading the bible.
In the olden days, if u sinned, u r punished.
Simple

So i dont know what the big deal is?
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

The Largest Religion In Nigeria? Islam Or Christianity? Detailed Analysis / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.